The 3 dudes missing on Mt. Hood: Not Oregonians of course

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

The 3 dudes missing on Mt. Hood: Not Oregonians of course

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/11/missin ... index.html

To go along with Mr. Kim from California (Or Mr. Lee from Baghdad as 420 called him). Apparently the message from my state's terrain is "Don't bring that weak shit in here!"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

And the message from T1B is...

Glass Dick much?
Ingse Bodil
Elwood
Location: To those who prayed, thank you. They helped her Homegoing painlessly instead of on a ventilator.

Post by Ingse Bodil »

Not Oregonians... because Oregonians are too busy smoking oregano? Yeah, it's funny when Texans (we get them here in New Mexico) or the like do stupid shit in order to scratch that midlife crisis itch. But it's still cold out there. Pray for them.

Hopefully, if and when they come out of this, they will be humbled, instead of full of themselves for surviving.
X wrote:Ludacris... was kicked off the Pepsi brand ad campaign based on explicit lyrics in his album. But with Snoop, here's a coon who admittedly sold drugs and gang banged, was charged with murder and maybe even slapped his wife, representing one of the largest corporations in America--in essence, selling cars to sixty year old white men and blue-haired white women.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

88 wrote:I climbed Mount Hood in ideal weather conditions. Those dudes are fubared. I hope no one gets hurt trying to locate their corpses.
No shit. I lived in Gresham, OR. and could see the mountain out my window in the summer and would still see snow on that fucker.

Good luck against Florida, bro!
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

88 wrote:I climbed Mount Hood in ideal weather conditions. Those dudes are fubared. I hope no one gets hurt trying to locate their corpses.
Did you celebrate that epic climb with a sixer of Fat Tire too?
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
YD
Michael McDonald

Post by YD »

At least these morons didn't put their small children in the line of fire. weather is still fukked today. that 80mph wind is gonna be the death of those guys. no way to get close to the hill with a helicopter.

their families should start to get their post humous affairs in order
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I think you mean humorous post.
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Ingse Bodil wrote:Pray for them.
And pray for Quadrophenia and Lexicon.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Sorry, too busy with Quadruped and Laplander
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

On the other hand maybe my state just sucks at search and rescue? Probably a fair question. We couldn't find D.B. Cooper either.
warren

Post by warren »

Ingse Bodil wrote:Not Oregonians... because Oregonians are too busy smoking oregano? Yeah, it's funny when Texans (we get them here in New Mexico) or the like do stupid shit in order to scratch that midlife crisis itch. But it's still cold out there. Pray for them.

Hopefully, if and when they come out of this, they will be humbled, instead of full of themselves for surviving.
Yeah Texans don't know shit about the outdoors or anything, we're mainly just big cities and sidewalks. New Mexico is so far advanced in mainly every form of knowledge.

I do want to reiterate that we have absolutely no rough terrain, inclement weather, mountains, snow or wildlife.

We have no business venturing outside the city gates.

One last thing, I find it hard to believe that you actually do get Texans in New Mexico, I mean, it's all the way next door to us.

I think they need to erect a fence along the Texas-New Mexican border to keep us stupid Texans out of that metropolis of intelligence and wealth known as The Enchantment State. We don't want to bring down the quality of life on the res or anything.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Listening to the SAR right now...

9000 feet - 10 mph wind - 12 degrees
10000 feet 15 mph wind - 9 degrees
11000 feet 21 mph wind - 3 degrees

Yeah them fuckers is coming down to today...been up there 6 fucking days...
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Money Shot
Elwood

Post by Money Shot »

They'll come down as popsicles. That's the only way they're coming back down.
Ingse Bodil
Elwood
Location: To those who prayed, thank you. They helped her Homegoing painlessly instead of on a ventilator.

Post by Ingse Bodil »

warren wrote: I think they need to erect a fence along the Texas-New Mexican border to keep us stupid Texans out of that metropolis of intelligence and wealth known as The Enchantment State. We don't want to bring down the quality of life on the res or anything.
Please do. Y'all do not own this state, it is not your personal playground when it gets too hot and dry in Texas, coming over here to New Mexico to crowd up our nice green cool mountains with your dick-substitute trucks.
X wrote:Ludacris... was kicked off the Pepsi brand ad campaign based on explicit lyrics in his album. But with Snoop, here's a coon who admittedly sold drugs and gang banged, was charged with murder and maybe even slapped his wife, representing one of the largest corporations in America--in essence, selling cars to sixty year old white men and blue-haired white women.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:On the other hand maybe my state just sucks at search and rescue? Probably a fair question. We couldn't find D.B. Cooper either.

Stay tuned. KOIN had some dudes on who claim they're about 90%+ sure who it was. They were going to get their ducks in a row and go confront him(don't know about staute of limitations on skyjackings). DB is the only US skyjacker to ever get away with it. But these dudes claim that 10 different people called in after the composite skecth came out and said "I know that guy." And 10 people identified the same person. He was never thoroughly investigated for some reason. They say dude was a licensed pilot and an expert skydiver. Dude lived close to the airport. Dude hung out at the bar behind which they found the cash stashed. Whoooole buncha evidence against this guy. And apparently, he still lives in the same house(very close to where DB Cooper jumped out of the plane) all these years later. If so, I suppose RACKs are in order for being so obvious that no one ever suspected him.

I'm curious to see how this pans out. These armchair investigators say they're pretty sure they know who it is, and that he's alive and well, I don't remember if it was in Portland or Vancouver...he never left. Walked home after the jump.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Ingse Bodil
Elwood

Post by Ingse Bodil »

Dinsdale wrote: If so, I suppose RACKs are in order for being so obvious that no one ever suspected him.
Why assume he wasn't suspected? why not assume he had accomplices in places big and small?
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Christ,no news yet on those guys?

Lets hope the living ghost of Beck Weathers delivers unto them.
tuff gong
Elwood

Post by tuff gong »

warren wrote:
Ingse Bodil wrote:Not Oregonians... because Oregonians are too busy smoking oregano? Yeah, it's funny when Texans (we get them here in New Mexico) or the like do stupid shit in order to scratch that midlife crisis itch. But it's still cold out there. Pray for them.

Yeah Texans don't know shit about the outdoors or anything, we're mainly just big cities and sidewalks. New Mexico is so far advanced in mainly every form of knowledge.

I do want to reiterate that we have absolutely no rough terrain, inclement weather, mountains, snow or wildlife.

We have no business venturing outside the city gates.

One last thing, I find it hard to believe that you actually do get Texans in New Mexico, I mean, it's all the way next door to us.

I think they need to erect a fence along the Texas-New Mexican border to keep us stupid Texans out of that metropolis of intelligence and wealth known as The Enchantment State. We don't want to bring down the quality of life on the res or anything.
:D

This guy does not post enough
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Just in -- a search plane spotted what they think is some of their gear. If it's sitting on the suface, it means it was out there in the last day or so, since it's snowed several feet since they went missing. Beside the major fuckup of not heeding weather warnings(and no, Warren...I doubt the Texicles knew what they were getting into when they decided to take on one of the snowiest places on earth during a winter storm), these dudes, or at least one of them, is being pretty darn smart.

There's about 60 people climbing The Hill on foot today. Every single person in the U&L is eager to hear a happy ending on this one -- if for no othger reason, all this bad mojo isn't helping the tourism industry. And if they're alive, we get to hand them a bill for the rescue...since they didn't bucky up the $5 or whatever it is for the location transponders(which are avaliable at the ranger station they checked in at via a note), they're legally obligated to pay the bill(not that this is important right now)...if my understanding of the law is right, if you rent a transponder, they let you off the hook.

I just have a feeling at least one of them is coming down today...alive.

Hasn't been for lack of hard work and courage on the part of the rescuers. It's just been those 80-130MPH winds and the blizzards that have hampered the efforts. Basically, climbing the mountain this time of year...just isn't done. Hell, you don't leave the ropes at the ski resorts without taking your life in your hands in winter. The Cascades ain't fucking around in winter.

Here's to 3 guys coming down alive and well by this evening....regardless how fucking annoying their families are, on my TV every 5 freaking minutes....and these people really are annoying.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Is there fog on that mountain?

--DiS

Rip City
T1B Rules of Operation:

4. Forums. If you don't like it, leave. It is that simple.
----

OK, bye.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Well, no climbers in the cave, an empty bag and 2 axes.

I doubt they carry multiple bags. Somebody on that hill is frozen stiffer than jtr's sex life. RIP climber dude.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Ingse Bodil
Elwood

Post by Ingse Bodil »

smackaholic wrote:Well, no climbers in the cave, an empty bag and 2 axes.

I doubt they carry multiple bags. Somebody on that hill is frozen stiffer than jtr's sex life. RIP climber dude.
where did cave dude go? why would he leave the cave? was he trying to rescue the other two?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I'm guessing that he decided that he was at the point where he needed to move the fukk on or perish. I'm guessing that he is one dead fukk, now. Too bad he didn't sit tight a little longer.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If these guys somewho walk out alive on their own (yeah I know, not likely but not impossible either) can they be charged for a rescue operation that they didn't ask for and didn't need?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

One down. Looks like the poor fukk went for a walk from his spiderhole and couldn't find his way back. Then he dug a new one. unfortunately hole number 2 didn't have his sleeping bag in it. I have done middle of the winter camping and I know that your sleeping bag is your bestest buddy.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Maybe when they got into the case they realized they weren't alone.

This just in, they found one guy dead. THere goes my hope that all three would come running out behind the ranger station during a press conference yelling "Psych!"

I am the only one who would find that funny?
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

No human survives the storm they had on Mt. Hood a couple days ago. They are all popsicles.
Money Shot
Elwood

Post by Money Shot »

Money Shot on Saturday wrote:They'll come down as popsicles. That's the only way they're coming back down.
Y2K wrote:No human survives the storm they had on Mt. Hood a couple days ago. They are all popsicles.
8)
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I felt kinda bad when I saw the reports about the notes they left and I actually laughed, I doubt these dudes could have ever been eqipped enough for the shit that happened up there. Wonder what the Wind Chill Factor was with 100+ Winds, Snow and Freezing Rain........?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

One of them's chink mother was saying "dat moutin has no wite to keep my son"

[web]http://www.katu.com/news/4940792.html[/web]
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Channel surfing through CNN and heard my first "at least they died doing what they loved" type comment. Knew THAT was comin'.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

so, shivering to death in a dark cave alone is doin' what you love? I could think of better ways to go.
Ingse Bodil
Elwood

Post by Ingse Bodil »

smackaholic wrote:so, shivering to death in a dark cave alone is doin' what you love? I could think of better ways to go.
sad, but well said.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Its a somewhat noble death,much better then having your death on audio tape as you start to have your brain freeze up during an interview.

Better then having a heart attack and driving your car into a farmers market killing a bunch of others.

Probably beats having your head loped off by Muslim nuts on video for your family to see.

Il take death by nature.
1smoothG
Elwood

hmmmm

Post by 1smoothG »

Idiot #1: Hey, let's climb a fukking mountain.
Idiot #2: Why, what's up there?
Idiot #1: Nothing but snow, ice, wind, thin air, and death
Idiot #3: Will we be the first people ever up there?
Idiot #1: No, all kinds of fukkers have been to the top, so nobody will give even know we're up there, unless we fukking die or something
Idiots #1, 2, and 3: Super! lets go!!

Boo hoo. Fukk them.

Everyone that knows them should be thankful. I can't imagine how annoying these 3 fukks would be at a Christmas party going on and on about their "climbing."

Good job, mountain.
Supersized
Fat Bastard

Post by Supersized »

I don't even take stairs when given the choice between that and an elevator. who the hell climbs mountains, and why?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Climbing mountains is a fukking blast. Doing it in the winter is even better. Just mix in a fukking weather report and very clear instructions of where you are going and when you will be back if you are tackling something as challenging as hood in the winter.

Can somebody enlighten me on what sort of weather they had during their first days on the hill? At the first sign of shit weather they should have done like melo after a sucker punch and ran like hell AWAY from the danger. I have been above tree line in nasty shit in the middle of nowhere within a few hundred feet of the summit on Mt Marcy in the adirondacks. It ain't no Mt hood, but, it's still nasty enough that you don't wanna spend a night on it in a storm. We were like, damn, all this effort and we ain't gonna make the summit? So fukking what, it was white out conditions anyhow. We turned around and slid our asses back down to our leantoo and cozy warm sleeping bags. Fukk ice caves. I've heard they are actually kinda nice for sleeping in. Maybe someday I will try it......In the snow bank in my front yard, 50 ft from warmth.
Blitzen
Certified Holiday Troll™

Post by Blitzen »

I can't believe this shit makes the news down there. Hey, humans, Santa has a message for you. "Winter is cold. Snow is cold. High altitudes are cold." If you're not named Kris Kringle stay in low places with indoor climate control. The only white stuff that should be under you is sand, cocaine, tile, or the skin of a malnurished hooker.

The outdoors are dangerous places. Everyone knows this. When one of you bipeds gets mansicled in the winter in the damned snowy mountains NOBODY should be surprised. Stop making news out of a incidents where the obvious collides with the stupid.

Get back to reporting things that matter. Like why is Blitzen on the back row? Is it because he's taller than the average reindeer and balances the photographs? Is it because Santa likes the way his anus puckers? Or is it something even deeper and stranger... or obvious. Do an indepth report on that, Nancy Grace.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:Can somebody enlighten me on what sort of weather they had during their first days on the hill?

The same as every other day they were up there -- just about exactly what the weatherman siad it would be. But no, it gets even more dumb -- on the blogs/messageboards for the local paper, there's entries from some locals who spent the night at the base-camp thingy with them(there's basically a cabin there for climbers to use as a waypoint). The locals said dudes seemed like they really knew what they were doing when it came to climbing, and didn't seem the least bit suprised when reminded that there would be a big storm coming thursday night, which they were planning on spending camping near the summit. Local dudes apparently just told them "good luck, and I hope the weather holds out for you." And then they dropped a big fat :rolleyes: after they left, and pretty much wrote the script for this episode themselves.

I feel badly for all involved, but this was truly the work of Darwin. The Cascades are the snowiest place on earth, and at the top of Hood, 50 feet of snowfall would be a pretty slow winter. 100+ feet at that elevation isn't unheard of. So these clowns decided to climb it during the biggest storm of the last 10 years...hello? Yeah, that storm you saw on the national news, the storm that ravaged the Thursday Night Football game...yeah, that one(there was another huge storm in the Cascades the day after they first set out). Just straight up DUMB. Fuck, during a winter storm, you don't leave get out of your car above 4000 feet unless it's to walk in a ski resort or into the Mt Hood Brewery.

Also bad -- the Forest Service rents, for 5 freaking dollars, location transponders for anyone climbing the mountain. I'm guessing a pinpoint location might have helped, even with the nasty nasty(but normal for this time of year) weather.

And who knows how the bible-thumpers will ever be found(the GOPsicles). A few years ago, after a particularly long, hot summer, the glaciers melted down far enough that someone hiking around up there(you know...in summer) saw two shoes sticking up through the ice. When they dug it out, it was a well-preserved climber who had gone missing over 20 years prior...because that is how Mt Hood rolls.

For myself, I spend quite a bit of time on Mt Hood, as do many, many of my U&L bretheren. But I can't think of one of them who ever entertained the idea of going bumping around the top of Hood in winter. Just isn't done. That's about as smart as crossing the Coast Range on logging roads during a snowstorm(not that I haven't done that, but I at least had proper gear and a full tank of gas...not to mention a topo map).

Mother Nature(who lives in Oregon) is apparently fed up with the tourists. Now, if only She would do something about all the fucking canadians on the Coast all summer, we'd build Her a shrine.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Toddowen wrote:
When I first arrived in SoCal, I hiked up Mt. Wilson from Chantry Flat. I knew that a storm was supposed to arrive that night, but I had no idea that it could actually snow on top of that mountain.

I repeat....I had NO idea.
What did you think all that white stuff was on the top of mountains? Frosting?