SPURRIER TO ALABAMA

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Holy shit! Quite a wild day in the college coaching front...
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Tuberville is 3-1 against Smug Superior at Auburn, including a ranked #1 Florida team.
Bring it.
Last edited by Carson on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

3.2-4 mil per.....whoa!
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

link?

no way he leaves South Carolina, I just started to like the guy because he wasn't at Florida anymore.
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Dayum... It makes Tressel's $2.55 mil look like welfare.

If the sweater vested warrior wins in January, another $200k and renegotiated contract.

Worth every penny!
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote:The BCS people just called and conceded the next ten NCs to Alabama.
Haven't you guys already claimed them?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And giving Bellotti like $700,000 a year was a big deal.

Maybe that's why some teams have Spurrier, Carroll, and Tressel, while others have....Bellotti.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

SS, it's all fine and dandy to come in here and announce this stuff. How's 'bout doing the rest of us a favor and linking us up or AT LEAST tellin' us where you heard this, eh? Gatehr yourself, settle down, and enlighten us.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Sudden Sam wrote:Okay, okay. Here's the announcement:

1:00 P.M. Tuscaloosa, Alabama (AP)

Spurrier named to lead the Tide.

Little known coach Robert (Bob) Spurrier has been named to lead the University of Alabama football program. Spurrier, an assistant under Mike Dubose at Millsap’s College, has signed a deal worth $250,000 over the next twenty years. The University has also agreed to provide him with a double-wide and a full sized 1998 pickup of his choice.

More details will be made available later.

Listen in at 2:00 CST:

http://www.finebaum.com/
Just WTF are you smoking?
Ken

Post by Ken »

You are a certifiable idiot. Just an unadulterated idiot.

W/out m2 here today, did you feel the need to step up and play the part of the board mulch head? Oscar-winning performance, it was. Take it somewhere else, thanks.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote:And giving Bellotti like $700,000 a year was a big deal.

Maybe that's why some teams have Spurrier, Carroll, and Tressel, while others have....Bellotti.

I'll take him!!!!!

Sincerely,

Uclafan
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sudden Sam wrote:I believe a deal has been agreed upon with either Spurrier or a coach near that level (Petrino, Rodriquez). The deal may not be announced 'til after the particular coach's bowl has been played.
I won't say for sure that there's no way either Rodriguez or Petrino would take the Alabama job. But if I were in the position of either of them, there's no way I'd leave my current position for Alabama. Viz. the BCS, either one is probably in a better position where they are than if they were to go to Alabama. Throw in the fact that Rodriguez is a WVU alum, and that makes the decision to take the 'Bama job even more difficult to justify.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
JeffintheCuse
Crack Whore

Post by JeffintheCuse »

Spurrier will go to the U before he goes to Tuscaloosa. Just MHO.....
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

ND went through it for awhile as well, with Bob Davie and Ty Willingham. Hell, if you want to go back to the early 80's and throw Gerry Faust into the mix, we've definitely been going through it over that period as often as not, if not moreso.

Even with Charlie Weis, while there's been some definite improvement over the last two years, the jury is still out. Hell, even the most cursory perusal of this board will tell you that much.
Believe the Heupel wrote:Trust me, I would have traded a few of our seasons from the 90s for the two seasons you guys just had.
There have been plenty of season ND has had since I was a student there that I would've traded for 'Bama's Cotton Bowl season last year.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Ken

Post by Ken »

JeffintheCuse wrote:Spurrier will go to the U before he goes to Tuscaloosa. Just MHO.....
That, I don't agree with. Spurrier would like nothing more than to beat up on fellow SEC foes. Coaching the Tide would obviously give him the opportunity to do so. You don't think he'd enjoy beatin' Auburn as much as possible? The occasional game vs. Fat Phil? C'mon... he'd eat that shit up.

Sure, if he went to Goldtoof U, he'd still have the opportunity to play FSU yearly, but still, not the SEC where much of his heart lies.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

"League source"...what league? Why publish something like that?

I have a source in the league too. He says that Joe Paterno is wholly or partially (un)interested in refereeing Blue v. Green this Sunday. Don't forget your shin guards. Is it my turn to bring snacks for the kids?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

No, I'm not cracking on you...I'm cracking on the SI guy.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.