Denver at KC - NFL Network T-Day inaugural game

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Denver at KC - NFL Network T-Day inaugural game

Post by War Wagon »

Might as well get this sucker started early. It's a short week, you know.

I've had this game in my sights since the schedule came out. How many years have you been bored out of your mind Thanksgiving evening after the early games were over?

~raises hand~

That's all about to change. Rack the NFL Network for picking this game as the first of what is sure to become a T-day night time tradition. Couldn't have picked two more heated rivals than this, in a game that has playoff ramifications galore.

Luckily, I can get the feed on local TV, since the greedy bastards at Time Warner cable and the network still haven't worked out just how much they want to charge me for this channel. Dudes, whatever... I'll fucking pay for it... what's the goddamn channel number?

Ok, on to the game.

Dungver is coming off a crushing home loss to the Blots. KC is coming off a nail biter at home to the 'duhs that wasn't supposed to be close. What does this portend?

NOT A DAMN THING!

No breakdown or prediction from moi yet tonight. I'll wait and see whom among KC's cadre of walking wounded is expected to return for the festivities on the field.

Suffice to say, I'm about as geeked up for this regular season game as any I can remember.

Bring it!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

RACK the game.
FUCK the NFL and Time Warner Cable.
I'll prolly just go to sleep early.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mikey wrote: I'll prolly just go to sleep early.
You party animal, you.

C'mon Mikey, the game starts at 5.00 pm PST.

You know you'll be watching, if for no other reason than it's an AFC West game.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Its nice to see a competitive game on Thanksgiving for once. Its a shame we gotta listen to Bryant Gumble announce it.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

The Assassin wrote:Its nice to see a competitive game on Thanksgiving for once. Its a shame we gotta listen to Bryant Gumble announce it.
If you think thats bad, Collinsworth is doing the commentary.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

kcdave wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Its nice to see a competitive game on Thanksgiving for once. Its a shame we gotta listen to Bryant Gumble announce it.
If you think thats bad, Collinsworth is doing the commentary.

I'll be giving thanks for the mute button this holiday season.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

War Wagon wrote:
Mikey wrote: I'll prolly just go to sleep early.
You party animal, you.

C'mon Mikey, the game starts at 5.00 pm PST.

You know you'll be watching, if for no other reason than it's an AFC West game.
Not available here.
That's why I say fuck 'em.
BC at Miami just won't cut it, I'm afraid.

Besides, I'll have been up cooking and drinking since about 7 am, and I'll at least have to fake going to sleep so I don't have to drive grandpa home.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Go here, install Sopcast and open the link to the game.

http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm

Pussies
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I like the idea of a third Thanksgiving game and since I have the NFL Network on my cable, I've got no beef with the games being shown there. Sucks for a lot of people who won't be able to see it though.

Even though the Lions are perhaps the most pathetic franchise in pro sports right now, they have to keep their traditional Thanksgiving game. In order to get Millen out the door, I'm rooting for Joey to come back to Ford Field and bitchslap the Lions on Thursday. Hopefully an ass-kicking by a former first round pick could help put the wheels in motion for a move in the front office. This has gone on long enough and slowly with each passing week, the Lions are losing support from fans around the state including yours truly. I'm never stepping foot in Ford Field again until a change is made. Why do we have to put up with this crap?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: Denver at KC - NFL Network T-Day inaugural game

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

War Wagon wrote:what's the goddamn channel number?!
Argh! Looks like I'll have to cancel my Thanksgiving plans. I just checked it out on NFL.com -- they don't carry the NFL Network on Cox Cable down in Connecticut. Sorry mom... I'll see you at Christmas!

I have Comcast in MA and they'll be broadcasting it.

Argh!!!!!
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

What a bunch of cum-garglers... Get a fucking dish, NFL Sunday Ticket and quit your fucking bitching. You'll never miss another fucking game.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

What an excellent idea, HH. I am quite sure this Dish is portable. I can just bring it to my mom's for Thanksgiving and hook myself up, right? RACK YOU!

No?

Furthermore... why would I buy something that I'd only use 9 weeks out of the year?
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

It's the beginning of the end of the NFL as we know it. The greedy bastards are slowly pushing to have all games on PPV or in an upper tier cable package at the least. To get the NFL network I would need to shell out extra bones to upgrade to digital cable then pay for a premium tier service. Sorry, I don't watch enough TV or give a big enough fuck about the game to shell out the extra $80 or so a month just to watch a few extra games during the season. The NFL can go fuck themselves over this one as far as I care.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

atomicdad wrote:It's the beginning of the end of the NFL as we know it. The greedy bastards are slowly pushing to have all games on PPV or in an upper tier cable package at the least. To get the NFL network I would need to shell out extra bones to upgrade to digital cable then pay for a premium tier service. Sorry, I don't watch enough TV or give a big enough fuck about the game to shell out the extra $80 or so a month just to watch a few extra games during the season. The NFL can go fuck themselves over this one as far as I care.
Second.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

atomicdad wrote:To get the NFL network I would need to shell out extra bones to upgrade to digital cable then pay for a premium tier service. Sorry, I don't watch enough TV or give a big enough fuck about the game to shell out the extra $80 or so a month just to watch a few extra games during the season. The NFL can go fuck themselves over this one as far as I care.

I have Digital Cable with access to the NFL Network and my total cost is about $68/month.

But I agree with what you're saying. I'd be happy if the NFL offered me, as a New Englander, the same shit games they do every week = Patriots/Jets/Giants. If I wanted to purchase a "good game" for the same price I can rent a movie, I'd be up for that. If it's more than $4 (I might go as high as $5), then they can go fuck themselves.

Rack your 13" B&W with the rabbit ears!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Headhunter wrote:What a bunch of cum-garglers... Get a fucking dish, NFL Sunday Ticket and quit your fucking bitching. You'll never miss another fucking game.
If the game is on the NFL Network, I don’t think it would be available on the Sunday Ticket package? Not that it matters, I have both.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Headhunter wrote:Get a fucking dish, NFL Sunday Ticket and quit your fucking bitching.
^^^^^^^werd.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I have Digital Cable with access to the NFL Network and my total cost is about $68/month.
Less than the cost of a new Polo shirt.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So, do they show commercials on that "PPV" channel?

I'd be real happy to be paying for those awesome man rule spots. Worth every penny.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

UCAN't... Your fucked.. Sorry, this doesn't apply to you, as you're travelling somewhere else...

But the rest of you, either shell out the required monies (Basic dish comes with NFL), and additionally NFL Sunday ticket, and then the rest of us don't have to hear you bitch about what game you're fed. I pay for NFL Sunday ticket, and I get to cherry pick whatever game I want. No conditions, no bitching.

TIVO that mother fucker and I'm in bidness.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

It's not an affordability issue, it's the principle of having to shell out the extra bucks in general to these greedy asswipes. Watch, in a few years the NFL is going to grab up the good weekly games for their psuedo PPV network and the mainstream networks are going to be left with the dregs. These networks that have been footing the bill for years are going to tell the NFL to fuck off. Bingo, greedy asswipes just killed the golden goose.

Not like what it appears as many of you do here I get out and do things on my weekends, my Sunday does not revolve around the TV and 3 NFL games. I can take it or leave it, and if it means shelling out more cash to be able to catch a few extra games a season, it ain't gonna happen.

Hell, they already made MNF unwatchable by switching networks and putting Kornholer in the booth, what a fucking joke. Then to follow that clusterfuck up with 1/2 hour of Irvin's act. It fucking sucks.

~~~~~ Edit

My apologies on hijacking the direction of this thread - Maybe Wags can start a new thread that will actually discuss the game.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Headhunter wrote: (Basic dish comes with NFL)
"Basic" cable doesn't.
Dish service doesn't come with high speed internet.
I'm not paying for both.
GFY
Last edited by Mikey on Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Mikey wrote:So, do they show commercials on that "PPV" channel?

I'd be real happy to be paying for those awesome man rule spots. Worth every penny.

Now that they have Jewel in them I agree! What I wouldn't give to throw a Brumski on that pair......
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

So now this is about high speed internet?

Sounds more like a "cake, and eat it too" argument.

You want the game, for free. High spped internet, and their premier package, all for the basic package price?

TEll me again how this is the NFL's fault?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I have high speed internet with my DSL line, NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV. And not one penny goes to Charter Cable.

Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Re: Denver at KC - NFL Network T-Day inaugural game

Post by Cueball »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
War Wagon wrote:what's the goddamn channel number?!
Argh! Looks like I'll have to cancel my Thanksgiving plans. I just checked it out on NFL.com -- they don't carry the NFL Network on Cox Cable down in Connecticut. Sorry mom... I'll see you at Christmas!

I have Comcast in MA and they'll be broadcasting it.

Argh!!!!!
Check again man, I work for Cox Communications in RI abd we just added NFL HD to the lineup in RI and Conn. War me watching LJ score 3 TD's in high def
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Neely8 wrote:What I wouldn't give to throw a Brumski on that pair......

Dare to dream big, my unimaginative Masshole neighbor... after giving her titties (and asshole... and love canal) the fucking they deserved, I'd blow a huge load on her rack that read "Brumski". They are certainly big enough.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Another link for streaming NFL games.

http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/

BTW: It IS the NFL's fault for deliberately restricting the sale of their product. Every other major sports league offers ppv packages to all major cable and dish outlets. But not the NFL.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Neely8 wrote:
Mikey wrote:So, do they show commercials on that "PPV" channel?

Now that they have Jewel in them I agree! What I wouldn't give to throw a Brumski on that pair......

Couldn't you just say "I want to give Jewel a pearl necklace"?

:lol:
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Neely8 wrote:What I wouldn't give to throw a Brumski on that pair......

Dare to dream big, my unimaginative Masshole neighbor... after giving her titties (and asshole... and love canal) the fucking they deserved, I'd blow a huge load on her rack that read "Brumski". They are certainly big enough.

RACK........That snaggle toothed bitch is unreal!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Thanks for the RACK Neely, but Shoalzie really deserves it... not me:

Shoalzie wrote:Couldn't you just say "I want to give Jewel a pearl necklace"?
Well done, my friend. Well done.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

e wrote:i always thought it would have been cool to have thanksgiving dinner at home then head out to a game and down some beers to help the turkey settle. the first time something like this happens in kc and i scored tickets. in the ten years i've lived in kc, i've gotten free tickets to several charger games (apparently nobody wants to see them) and a cowboys game. looks like i finally get to witness the full-on arrowhead experience vs. a rival for the first time.

i'll let you know if it lives up to the reputation and may have pix.

Make sure you know where KC Paula is at all times. He'll either block out all the ambient light, or he'll just block out the picture entirely.

The Denver defense may be pissed off & think they have something to prove, but the D-line is fat & out of shape... kinda like KC Paula, only darker.

The CHEFS will almost certainly find a way to blow it, though- especially if they're relying on KC Paula to do all the work for them
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:WOW....I don't whether to be HONORED or SCARED to be rattling around in Coods' dome that much. :lol:

Do the Saints play in same place you've taken up residence = The SuperDome??? It's about the only place your fat ass could comfortably fit.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:WOW....I don't whether to be HONORED or SCARED to be rattling around in Coods' dome that much. :lol:

Do the Saints play in same place you've taken up residence = The SuperDome??? It's about the only place your fat ass could comfortably fit.
What, he thinks I'm ElvisMonster?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:C'mon ucantbringANYgoodsmack, surely you can do better than the old and tired fat jokes. Tighten it up, Junior.

I highly doubt someone has used the Super Dome line before, Paul.

But thank you for reminding me not to limit myself to the obvious fat jokes when you've provided the forum with such a large 'smack menu' to select from. Consider it an appetizer before I dig into the main course. You follow? Of course you do.

More to come....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

atomicdad wrote: My apologies on hijacking the direction of this thread - Maybe Wags can start a new thread that will actually discuss the game.
No problem. The NFL network angle is a hot topic. Those who want to discuss the game can do so after we get done bitching about Time Warner, etc.

As for myself, I would drop my digital cable and roadrunner and rush out and get the Dish or whatever to make sure that I can watch this game from the comfort of my living room recliner (not that I ever sit much during a Chiefs game - I'm usually up pacing, cussing, throwing shit thru the walls of my trailer, beating my wife and dog, etc.).

But being as how it will be broadcast on the local airwaves, I can relax a bit.

That said, Time Warner had better pull their heads out sooner rather than later and hook a brutha up. I'm not going to wait much longer before telling them to shove it.

The bone of contention between the NFL network and TW is that the network wants to be included with basic cable channels and TW wants it to be a premium channel that we'd pay more for. TW argues that why should somebody who doesn't care about the NFL have to pay more for basic cable?

Guess what you clueless, braindead, stuffed fucking suits? You already charge me for shit that I don't care about. Home shopping network? Cartoon channel? MTV? The golf network? The Soap Opera network? You can take those and about 30 more of the channels you supply with "basic cable" and go fuck yourself. Give me the goddamn NFL Network!

But I don't care if they make the NFL network a premium channel either. Like I said, I'll pay you whores extra for it, if that's what it takes.

Quit making excuses and just get it fucking done, already.

[/rant]
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The game .....

Denver D's the run quite well, and they'll be able to slow LJ enough to force Green to put it up a bit.
Is TrINT up to the task ... ?

The better team wins this game .... barely.

Denver - 17
K. City - 16
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I think, Green, with another week of practice under his belt will be much improved, LJ will be LJ, and the Broncos will do what they normally do when they play at Arrowhead... lose. I believe the home team has won 8 in a row in this rivalry.

Oh yeah... Plumber turns the ball over 4 times (3 int and 1 fumble).

Chefs -- 27
Mules -- 16
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Agreed....the Jake The Fake era ends here in KC tomorrow night. We WILL see Jay Cutler in this game.
I dunno, Pauly... Everything I've seen and heard has been it's Jake's job until the end of the year. It would be one thing if Denver were out of the hunt, but they make the playoffs if the season ended today = I think. I'd have to check, but I am pretty sure they would. Maybe if they fall from contention over the next few weeks....
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

War Wagon wrote:

That said, Time Warner had better pull their heads out sooner rather than later and hook a brutha up. I'm not going to wait much longer before telling them to shove it.

Guess what you clueless, braindead, stuffed fucking suits? You already charge me for shit that I don't care about. Home shopping network? Cartoon channel? MTV? The golf network? The Soap Opera network? You can take those and about 30 more of the channels you supply with "basic cable" and go fuck yourself. Give me the goddamn NFL Network!

But I don't care if they make the NFL network a premium channel either. Like I said, I'll pay you whores extra for it, if that's what it takes.

Quit making excuses and just get it fucking done, already.
Uh, thats a rack. Or slings since Wags is a history buff. :wink: