1 Vino Noceto 2003 Riserva Sangiovese
1 Vino Noceto 2003 Noceto Sangiovese
2 Vino Noceto 2003 OGP Zinfandel

$59.99 + $5 S&H.
"I'll be right back..." ~ Godot.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

On a somewhat related note, the U&L continued its longstanding tradition of having outstanding years for pinot on even-numbered years. The late-season push of extra heat, combined with a lack of any heavy rain compelling the vinyards to harvest, made for some very well-developed fruit. But we won't really know the full extent of the epicosity until next spring.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I loves me some Sangiovese. It's originally from Tuscany and is the main ingredient in the classic chiantis. There are a couple of wineries near here in Temecula that are producing some nice Sangiovese. It likes a hot dry climate, which definitely describes Temecula.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

It's been a particularly good week for Coors Light.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:It's been a particularly good week for Coors Light.
So the horses are in top form then.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Another day, another shot at feverish urine-quaffing for BCockSnack.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

I like the grape-flavored Kangaroo brand from Australia in the big jug.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

PSUFAN wrote:Another day, another shot at feverish urine-quaffing for BCockSnack.

I can't decide which is gayer... Meds/Dins arguing over what Merlot goes best with Quiche de Bukakke or you swinging your purse at anyone who dares to drink light beer.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Eh,$50 for booze...I dont know man.

The local cheapo grocery I shop at has a cheap wine section back by the beer cooler.Usually wines under $5,sometimes $3 if Im lucky.
And if I get caught with it in my cart by someone I know, I of course go to the "Um its for a recipe Im trying out" card.

A lot of the time the wine tastes like green weeds and roundup mixed together with some dark red cancer causing food coloring thrown in. I think I saw the Kangaroo wine a couple of weeks back.This weeks featured wine is Barefoot from the Napa valley. There Cab was pretty good I must say.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
DELSDAD
Elwood

Post by DELSDAD »

Trampis wrote:This weeks featured wine is Barefoot from the Napa valley. There Cab was pretty good I must say.
Did you pay $5 for that?
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Kangaroos, little penguins, smoking loons...

You can always find good wine by looking for animals on the label.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

DELSDAD wrote:
Trampis wrote:This weeks featured wine is Barefoot from the Napa valley. There Cab was pretty good I must say.
Did you pay $5 for that?
I think I paid $4.48 actually at Winco,saw the same stuff at Albertsons at there cheap wine island for $4.98.

Why? Did I overpay?
DELSDAD
Elwood

Post by DELSDAD »

Trampis wrote:I think I paid $4.48 actually at Winco,saw the same stuff at Albertsons at there cheap wine island for $4.98.

Why? Did I overpay?
No. We just get hosed on the right coast. We sold the Barefoot Reserve for 15 or 16. I don't know what the reserve goes for out there, but I'm sure you get the location discount.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Trampis lives right in the heart of cheap wine country(CenCal is a little too cheap), and has to buy Aussie crap?

Ponderous. Some stupid motherfuckers up in your neck of the woods, Tramp(sin, Marcus). Around this time of year, I know my winemaking buddy can buy bulk Columbia Valley wines for a buck-a-gallon or less. Twenty cents worth of wine, maybe a buck in glass cork and label, and some tax. And you tards give your money to the Aussies.

And this is why those of us in Civilization laugh at you(that and about 12,000,000 other reasons).

from the Napa valley

Isn't marketing a wonderful thing? Get a mailing adress in Napa, and then buy up the cheapest of cheap grapes from Fresno/Modesto, and you've got "Napa Valley Cab." And I gaurantee you beyond any and all shadow of a doubt that the grapes didn't come from Napa. The winery itself, or at least their business office is most certainly in Napa....the vinyard ain't. But if that's what it takes to get tards to say "wow, only $5 for a NAPA VALLEY Cab? I'll take a case!", then so be it.

Goodness, what a nasty hangover I'm sporting this AM. But hey, at least I'm invited to a football party hosted by a U of Michigan guy. This could end up being a loooooong weekend.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

BWAHAHA, rack Ucant on the comparison.

Rip City
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Another day, another shot at feverish urine-quaffing for BCockSnack.

I can't decide which is gayer... Meds/Dins arguing over what Merlot goes best with Quiche de Bukakke or you swinging your purse at anyone who dares to drink light beer.
Fucking RACK.

*slams a shot of Johnnie Walker Black*

Beer drinking snobs are cocksnacking vagdrips of the highest order.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Raydah James wrote:*slams a shot of Johnnie Walker Black*
Oh, dear.

Well gee, I'll just refer to your expertise and superlative taste next time I'm booze-shopping.

Hmmm....I like scotch, and don't mind paying extra for fine whisky, but what should I get?

Hmmm....

Hey! I know....I'll get the Beast Light of Whisky, Johnny Black!!!!!!!

Holy fucking white trash, Batman.

Do you chase it with Boone's Farms, or what?

Laughing my hungover ass off over here.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Don't post in a wine thread trying to make yourself look educated and then spell "their" t-h-e-r-e. Ass.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dude, where Trampis lives, they're jealous of the Okies for having shoes.

It's a credit to his intellect he can read and write at all.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote:
Raydah James wrote:*slams a shot of Johnnie Walker Black*
Oh, dear.

Well gee, I'll just refer to your expertise and superlative taste next time I'm booze-shopping.

Hmmm....I like scotch, and don't mind paying extra for fine whisky, but what should I get?

Hmmm....

Hey! I know....I'll get the Beast Light of Whisky, Johnny Black!!!!!!!

Holy fucking white trash, Batman.

Do you chase it with Boone's Farms, or what?

Laughing my hungover ass off over here.
Nice of you to kick off your pumps, pop a cork, and join the conversation Douchedale.

Problem is, you're in the wrong fucking thread.

The 'Pinot sniffing and tasting while jamming a tampon in your dick drapes' forum isnt here. Cork popping George Micheal out front should've told you.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

He didn't misspell the word, he just left the comma after it out.

"There, cab was pretty good I must say."

See?
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

the_ouskull wrote:
Don't post in a wine thread trying to make yourself look educated and then spell "their" t-h-e-r-e. Ass.

the_ouskull
Thear you go again,

Sin Ronald Reagan
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Dinsdale wrote:Trampis lives right in the heart of cheap wine country(CenCal is a little too cheap), and has to buy Aussie crap?

Ponderous. Some stupid motherfuckers up in your neck of the woods, Tramp(sin, Marcus). Around this time of year, I know my winemaking buddy can buy bulk Columbia Valley wines for a buck-a-gallon or less. Twenty cents worth of wine, maybe a buck in glass cork and label, and some tax.

So your sayin I should stock up on wine the way you stock up on herpes medicine so I can get a good deal?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I’m not any kind of a wine connoisseur, I just drink what I like. And what I like is a nice mellow cabernet or merlot. I don’t particularly care for that pronounced oakey taste (or whatever that nasty taste is) that seems so popular with California reds. My current favorite would be Concha y Toro merlot, which I can buy for in a 1.5 liter bottle for $6.49. For my tastes, Chilean wines are some of the best bargains to be had right now.

I took my wife to a local wine bar not long ago. The wine-snoot behind the bar did not look to even be of legal drinking age, but he would spout off his different opinions in all of that fancy wine-speak. So I asked him what he thought of the Chilean reds.

He responded, “They tend to be a little fruity and unbalanced”.

I replied, “Well, so am I. What do you have in a Chilean red?”
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Drink American, I always say.
Down with outsourced wine!!
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

I've never had a bad glass of Cali wine. And I've never read a good take from Balding James.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:Drink American, I always say.
Down with outsourced wine!!
I do drink American. South American.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nishlord wrote:I've never had a bad glass of Cali wine.
You know, within their element(hot-weater varietals, as a general rule), no one can touch the calis. From the high-end Napa/Sonoma Bordeauxs, to the cheap-shit, they just do it better. And it pisses the frenchies off to no end...to the point where they rig their wine competitions to ensure Americans don't win.(Although the frenchies aren't as close to the Eyetalians as they think, nor have they ever been.)

In the low-end range, california may not grow the best fruit, but due to climate, the yield vs. quality is off-the-chart. Ernest and Julio(pronounced "hoo-lee-oh"-btw) make some pretty damned good wine for the giveaway price they get for it.

On the high-end, the Napa Valley(a breathtaking place) has a better, more reliable climate for Bordeauxs than Bordeaux does. Factor in that they'll grow sarah, and have their own specialty grape for the region in zinfandel, and it truly is one of the world's premiere wine regions...but don't tell the french.

Then, factor in that Eastern Washington/Columbia Valley can do as well or better with the hot-weather stuff as Northern California when the climate, which is less consistant than that of the NoCal vallies cooperates, and you've got a one-two punch of great Bordeaux regions. And then factor in that the infrastructure and experience level of making Burgundoes in Oregon has really blossomed, and french wine is becoming obsolete in the US. While Northwestern Oregon is subject to a much-less reliable climate from their neighbors to the northeast or south, a good year will out-Burgundy Burgundy.

AND THEN you add in tyhat the californians have essentially become better at making "french oak" barrels, and have pioneered replacing expensive cork with synthetic/composite substitutes(a high quality real cork goes for $0.50 and up these days, depending on supply/demand)...

Add that all up, and you have some pissed off french frogs.

As always...BODE USA.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It's Syrah, BTW.

And down here they're starting to out-Tuscany Tuscany as well.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

:dins:

RACK ME for calling my shot.

On 2nd thought... not really... 'bout as surprising as Frisco Aggie weighing in on a fellatio best practices thread.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:On the high-end, the Napa Valley(a breathtaking place) has a better, more reliable climate for Bordeauxs than Bordeaux does. Factor in that they'll grow sarah, and have their own specialty grape for the region in zinfandel
Good God, I hope they aren’t thinking about blending that shit.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:It's Syrah, BTW.
Of course it is. That "quick-typing" thing will get ya every time.

But still, it's better to call it "Sarah" than to be a fucking terrorist-supporter and call it "shiraz."
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Zinfandel is often blended.

Case in point:

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote: Good God, I hope they aren’t thinking about blending that shit.
You never know...

But there's more BODE for the US of A. We don't have gayassed laws telling winemakers what wines they can mix with what...freaking commie-pinko frenchies.

I believe the USA should annex part of France(what are they going to do? Relentlessly surrender to us until our will is broken?), and plant the entire countryside with zinfandel. Maybe hack down some of their centuries-old vines and graft a little zin on there. And then when it comes time to distribute it, only white zinfandel would be sold to the frogs, while all the real zin goes to any other country that wants our fine grapes.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dinsdale wrote:. Ernest and Julio(pronounced "hoo-lee-oh"-btw) make some pretty damned good wine for the giveaway price they get for it.

That's "hoo-lee-oh" on the left, I believe
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..