Chargers in the piled high city

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

W. Cohen wrote: Yeah! That's the ticket.
Rack!
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Did I read this stat right? The Chargers have lost 17 of their last 19 games to Denver? Might as well change the team name to the San Diego Redskins

:lol:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:Strange how Dungver fan doesn't want to talk about this week's matchup.

You're gripping. I understand.
what would you like to talk about.......

it's tough to have any type of level headed discussion with fans that think the Chargers have the best receiving corps in the AFC........ :lol:
get out, get out while there's still time
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:Strange how Dungver fan doesn't want to talk about this week's matchup.

You're gripping. I understand.
what would you like to talk about.......

it's tough to have any type of level headed discussion with fans that think the Chargers have the best receiving corps in the AFC........ :lol:
You obviously have nothing to share as to why they aren't. So, you take your ball and go home.
Why are you even responding to this thread if you have nothing at all to discuss?
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Ask yourselves this question

Would you really be up to discussing the game when your team has handed the other team their asses 17 of 19 times? It becomes stagnant, and a non-story. Ask Foreskin fan.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

DallasFanatic wrote:Ask yourselves this question

Would you really be up to discussing the game when your team has handed the other team their asses 17 of 19 times? It becomes stagnant, and a non-story. Ask Foreskin fan.

...this from a gripping Dallas Fan whose defense doesn't match up too well against Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison this week.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

ChargerMike wrote:

...this from a gripping Dallas Fan whose defense doesn't match up too well against Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison this week.
We'll see about that CDike. Keep in mind the defenses that have given Manning fits is a 3-4 defense. Have a good day now.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:Reggie Wayne has beaten a lot of good cover guys.......
True, but Darrent Williams isn't a good cover guy by any stretch of the imagination. He's a piece of toasted dogshit.

Williams; 5-8, 188lbs vs. Floyd; 6-5, 225lbs

It's going to be there all day long. You want to give him safety help? Go ahead....oh, but who's going to cover Gates when you do that? Put LT and Turner in the backfield and motion LT out wide...who is going to cover him? That's right...nobody. You're just fucked.

The D should be able to handle LT on the ground, though. The linebackers are very good and have great speed sideline to sideline. I don't expect LT will do much damage between the 20s.

It's up to Philip to win this game and I think the kid is up to the challenge.
Floyd; 16 career receptions. All day long? Give me a fucking break. The guy's been in the league three years and has one 100 yard game and he's Reggie Wayne all of a sudden? Absolutely laughable.

Hey, you can always hang your hats on having padded your offensive stats against that Murderer's Row of Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland and San Francisco. Check the scoreboard against the two teams you played that have a winning record: At Baltimore - LOSS. At Kansas City - LOSS. At Denver this week...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
There is no way he can cover either of them one on one. They're too big and he's too shitty.
well then I expect Rivers to be throwing it all day long on Williams.......after all, everybody in the league knows that Rivers can make all of the same throws Manning can......Williams is a lot better than you think....here's an idea, why don't you just go ahead and list all of the receivers who've torched Williams like Wayne did.......it will be a very short list.......

the Blots present an entirely different defensive challenge to the Broncos than what the Colts present....

using the Colts/Broncos game as a benchmark for why you believe the Eggos will beat Denver is ridiculous.....

the two offenses are nothing alike.......
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...the leg-whipping, crack-back blocking, cheap-shot taking, Dungver O-line will get steamed rolled this week! With only Javon Walker to contend with the Bolts can send the house after Jake who will be running for his life. Look for Antonio Gates to bust out vs. the Donks. It's all good from SoCal. :D
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
There is no way he can cover either of them one on one. They're too big and he's too shitty.
well then I expect Rivers to be throwing it all day long on Williams.......after all, everybody in the league knows that Rivers can make all of the same throws Manning can......Williams is a lot better than you think....here's an idea, why don't you just go ahead and list all of the receivers who've torched Williams like Wayne did.......it will be a very short list.......

the Blots present an entirely different defensive challenge to the Broncos than what the Colts present....

using the Colts/Broncos game as a benchmark for why you believe the Eggos will beat Denver is ridiculous.....

the two offenses are nothing alike.......

CONCUR..the Bolts Defense (34 sacks) will put one helluva lot more pressure on Jake than the Colts (15 sacks) did.

CONCUR again.....The Bolts being the higest scoring machine in the NFL should pose a considerable problem for Dungver, The Bolts rushing offense (#2 in the NFL) and passing offense (#11) vs. the Colts (#2 passing and #18 rushing)
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Literary Challenged One wrote:it's tough to have any type of level headed discussion with fans that think the Chargers have the best receiving corps in the AFC........
Reading comprehension much, dumbfuck!*, My post claimed best group in division, not conference. :lol:

*Took that page out of mvscal's book of snappy comebacks and witty retorts.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

I'm on the Peace Train..
Et tu, mvscal?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

atomicdad wrote: Reading comprehension much, dumbfuck!*, My post claimed best group in division, not conference. :lol:
I think there are people that might dispute that.......

Javon Walker and Rod Smith are better than McCardell and Floyd.......

Hell, Oaklands receivers are better than the Bolts wideouts

too bad neither group is playing with QB's that can exploit that talent.....

"Defense wins Championships" has got to be the new motto of the Denver Front office......
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Your knowledge of the NFL game continues to be astounding.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

trev wrote:

Damn trev just shut your cock gobbler. I am just poking a little fun at the fact you are the Broncos bitches. This game will be one of the better ones this weekend but I don't think you'll be able to overcome the home field advanatge of Denver. It'll be close but ya'll come up a bit short.

Stick to baking trev....seriously.....stick to baking
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Hopefully your boys will get it done on Sunday BoltFan....then after we break it off in the Mules on Thanksgiving night they should be effectively OUT of the hunt for the division. IF that happens, then Dec. 17 at your crib will be the game that should decide the West. ;)
Are you on drugs, Paul?

Best case scenario for KC is for Dungver to win. If the Blots win this game, they run off and hide with the division.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

The Chargers are a better team but with Merriman out and the game being in Denver I took the Mules.

Could go either way.

A turnover decides it IMO.

I do believe that this game will decide the division down the road.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I think the Mules win this one in an exciting 12-9 fashion.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

DallasFanatic wrote:
trev wrote:

Damn trev just shut your cock gobbler. I am just poking a little fun at the fact you are the Broncos bitches. This game will be one of the better ones this weekend but I don't think you'll be able to overcome the home field advanatge of Denver. It'll be close but ya'll come up a bit short.

Stick to baking trev....seriously.....stick to baking
It's all good.

I love baking. I miss baking. My kitchen is gutted right now. This week I will start to get it back. A brand new convection oven and whole new kitchen. It's gonna be awesome. But this is an NFL forum. Get your predictions in for this game, girls!
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

mvscal wrote:Is this clown still starting?

# 27 Darrent Williams

Think he can cover Malcom Floyd?
Yup. :wink:
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Ladanian Tomlinson is pretty good.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Way to go Marty. Challenge a ruled catch where the receiver made more than SIX freakin' steps before being knocked out of bounds.

WTF? Seriously.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Sweet kick return there.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Down 24-7 at Invesco and the Chargers pull out the W?

How does that taste Donkey fans?

4 TD tonight by LT on 179 all purpose yards!

Fastest rusher to 100 career TD.

What a fucking stupid play by Olshansky.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

At least I was right about the ugly part.

Props on the win, Boltfan. Coming in to Mile High is never easy. Of course, it never hurts to have #21 in there.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Cross Traffic wrote:What a fucking stupid play by Olshansky.
Bullshit- Nalen went for his KNEES. I would've tried to knock the fuck out of him too if it were me.

THAT'S why the Donk O-linemen are the dirtiest rotten motherfuckers in the league. PERIOD.
THAT'S another demonstration of your complete IGNORANCE of football.

Show me where it's illegal for an offensive player to block the knees of an unengaged defender.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Bullshit- Nalen went for his KNEES. I would've tried to knock the fuck out of him too if it were me.

THAT'S why the Donk O-linemen are the dirtiest rotten motherfuckers in the league. PERIOD.
Exactly. The penalty was legit but he should have kicked but motherfucker up under his chinstrap. What a cheap move.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I've gotta RACK LT. Dude still amazes me almost every game. I got really tired tonight of hearing what a "good person" he is...but it's all true.

Madden's take was right on. Most of the other players in the league should learn how to celebrate from LT. Act like you've done it before, and act like you expect to do it again. Consumate professional.
Last edited by Mikey on Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Red wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote: Bullshit- Nalen went for his KNEES. I would've tried to knock the fuck out of him too if it were me.

THAT'S another demonstration of your complete IGNORANCE of football.

Show me where it's illegal for an offensive player to block the knees of an unengaged defender.
On a ball spike play???
After the play is over?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Congrats Chargers on effectively winning the AFC West and making NFL history in the process.

Very impressive.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I've also gotta RACK Rivers for not shutting it down after throwing 2 int's and having a pretty shitty run in the first half.
The kid is really showing some heart.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Mikey wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:

Exactly. The penalty was legit but he should have kicked but motherfucker up under his chinstrap. What a cheap move.
Didn't look to me like he intentionally went low. Almost looked like he lost his balance or tripped somehow.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Ken wrote:
Mikey wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote: Bullshit- Nalen went for his KNEES. I would've tried to knock the fuck out of him too if it were me.

Didn't look to me like he intentionally went low. Almost looked like he lost his balance or tripped somehow.
You could be right. It was hard to tell from the camera shot. Pretty dumb move in the heat of the moment by Olshansky, though, even if it was intentional. Maybe the lack of oxygen got to him.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Props to the Chargers on the win.....

Unrack Coyer and the lack of blitzing in the second half......(yeah, why stick with something thats working....)

Unrack kickoff and punt teams for giving the Chargers great field position all night.....

Unrack that pathetic offense that couldn't exploit the depleted Charger defense.......

I guess defense doesn't win Championships.......
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
I guess defense doesn't win Championships.......
Not when you're going against the best receiving corps in the league.

:wink:
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Floyd's team won and he did have a TD catch over Williams so scoreboard Floyd, but one catch for seven yards does not "all day long" make.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Williams did have the one INT for a score so, final score notwithstanding, it was pretty much of a draw for him individually. I guess.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Red wrote:
mvscal wrote:Is this clown still starting?

# 27 Darrent Williams

Think he can cover Malcom Floyd?
Yup. :wink:
Guess not.
did you forget the interception he ran back for a touchdown?