Why is Roethlisberger still playing??

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Ucant#-463,721

Post by Ucant#-463,721 »

jiminphilly wrote:Watch outside the lines on Sunday.. they are doing a special on how the NFL views and treats concussions.. their lead "expert" on concussions isn't even a nuero-surgeon. There is plenty of data done on studies of retired and college players that suggest the NFL is taking the wrong approach to handling concussions.
I saw this. I found it to be rather interesting. It appears the NFL is hand picking a bunch of Yes Men to spit out data beneficial to them. God forbid if the Chris Millers of the world come back to the NFL with their hands open because they're 50 years old and have to wear the same helmets around the house that they used to wear in the huddle. Harry Carson estimates he sustained 15 to 18 concussions during his career. He currently suffers from migraines, blurred vision, and blackouts. He will be reduced to a drooling mongoloid in the next 5-10 years. I think the NFL needs to take a hard look at how these concussions affect their players down the road. It'd be real hard to walk away from millions when I'm functioning normally because I'm scared of what may happen to me 10 or 15 years down the road. But if I was warned of the dangers that lie ahead, I'd at least have all the necessary data to make the best decision for me and my family. The NFL sticking its head in the sand on this issue will come back to haunt them when former high profile players in the booth like Aikman and Young are unable to speak coherently and have a drool cup in front of them instead of a microphone.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Ucant#-463,721 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Watch outside the lines on Sunday.. they are doing a special on how the NFL views and treats concussions.. their lead "expert" on concussions isn't even a nuero-surgeon. There is plenty of data done on studies of retired and college players that suggest the NFL is taking the wrong approach to handling concussions.
I saw this. I found it to be rather interesting. It appears the NFL is hand picking a bunch of Yes Men to spit out data beneficial to them. God forbid if the Chris Millers of the world come back to the NFL with their hands open because they're 50 years old and have to wear the same helmets around the house that they used to wear in the huddle. Harry Carson estimates he sustained 15 to 18 concussions during his career. He currently suffers from migraines, blurred vision, and blackouts. He will be reduced to a drooling mongoloid in the next 5-10 years. I think the NFL needs to take a hard look at how these concussions affect their players down the road. It'd be real hard to walk away from millions when I'm functioning normally because I'm scared of what may happen to me 10 or 15 years down the road. But if I was warned of the dangers that lie ahead, I'd at least have all the necessary data to make the best decision for me and my family. The NFL sticking its head in the sand on this issue will come back to haunt them when former high profile players in the booth like Aikman and Young are unable to speak coherently and have a drool cup in front of them instead of a microphone.
I found it pretty compelling too. The fact that the data the NFL has come up is at odds with just about every other medical study performed by people who actually work with the brain was very damming. What does it say that the guy leading the study isn't even a neurosurgeon and had no prior experience working with concussions?
Ucant#-463,721

Post by Ucant#-463,721 »

jiminphilly wrote:What does it say that the guy leading the study isn't even a neurosurgeon and had no prior experience working with concussions?

Yeah. They shitcanned one of the leading neurosurgeons in the country and replaced him with some asshat with a Psych degree to head up their "totally unbiased studies" on concussions.

:lol:
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Ken, Be a man, not a mouse.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

The Super Bowl Defending Steelers will not make the Post Season..

but Ben Roethlisberger will lead the league in Interceptions!!

17 so far .. half way through week 11.

3 INTs so far at Halftime versus Cleveland!
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

The thread idiot rears his head again. Don't you have a newspaper article to c&p or something?

fyi,
only one of the ints could be tagged on ben. Further, Stillers win or lose, I'm watching Ben coordinate his second 4th quarter, majorly clutch drive.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ben and the Stillers score a gamewinning TD very late in the 4th. Awesome drive by Ben.

C&P this, jack: You are officially an idiot of epic proprtions.
Last edited by Ken on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Okay, Kenny Boy

sig bet time..

If Ben R does not lead the league in INTs... you name my sig!!

and if he does.. I name yours!

If the Steelers make the Post Season... you name my sig!!

and if they don't.... I name yours!!

PUT UP or SHUT UP!!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

2 clutch drives, 2 td's. Rack Ben.

Put up or shut up? What, is this the 6th grade recess grounds? No, I think I'll revel in your current stupidity and grab a beer, thanks.

Is this where I put one of those laughing smiley thingies?
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Ken wrote:2 clutch drives, 2 td's. Rack Ben.

Put up or shut up? What, is this the 6th grade recess grounds? No, I think I'll revel in your current stupidity and grab a beer, thanks.

Is this where I put one of those laughing smiley thingies?
So, little Kenny..

you can't back up your smack!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Not only do you completely suck ass in the main forum, you're like a li'l gnat here; annoying and really, quite harmless.

You not watching the game today, has resulted in a very ill-informed and frankly, ill-advised take that has done more than any smack that I or anyone else here could hit upside your good-for-nothing-but C&P'ing head.

Seriously, go away. You've dug yourself a hole so deep that someone of your obviously meager debate and wit capacity could never even strategize a way out of, let alone see the outlet.

:anotheroneofthoselaughingthingies:
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Little Kenny,

How about giving an intelligent reply..

What is the reason that the Steelers will most likey not make the playoffs this year?

Running Back? - Willie Parker..NO, they have one of the best in the league this year.

Wide Receivers? - Hines Ward and Nate Washington.. NO!

Defense? ... Absolutely not! Although not as good as previous years..probably from being on the field too long.

The only reason that I see for the Steelers to be in 2nd to last place in their division is Ben.

As I have said before, Ben is a good QB. He is injured this year and if Cowher had kept him on the bench and let Charlie Batch play.. at least through October, the Steelers would have a better chance.

Yes, I would have Roesthlisberger in at this point and not Charlie Batch. But if the Steelers did what Kansas City did and allowed their backup to play while their star QB recovered. The Steelers would be in better position to
make the post season.. can you argue with that? With an inteligent reply??

The sSteelers started this year as one of the teams expected to go deep in the playoffs. ESPN had them ranked #3.

After the first week, when Charlie Batch helped the Steelers to win convincingly. ESPN ramked the Steelers #1.

as of week 11, the Steelers are ranked #19.. on the outside looking in...

So, I repeat..

What is the main reason that the Steelers will most likey not make the playoffs this year?

Can you answer intelligently or will you just come back with some smack that you can't back up with facts???
Ken

Post by Ken »

It took you almost an hour to come up with that?
Believe it or not (even I'm having a hard time coming to the realization), your suckitude exceeds even that of your previous order of suckitude. Not only did it take THAT long to contrive that, the % of it that is out and out inaccurate is inexcuseable. Even for you.

Thought you had a good post goin' there, didn't ya?
:athirdlaughingsmileythingy:
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Ken,

I'm watching football.

I notice you have no facts just a bunch of smack.

that goes for you and all of your trolls..
Ken

Post by Ken »

Let's boil this down:
Getting the first one out of the way...

1. You're an idiot.

Rendered down the the very base of your ill-conceived thread, it's title:
2. "Why is Roethlisberger still playing?" Well, today, in the game you didn't watch but only got an in-game update on while watching another, Roethlisberger proved why you're an idiot. A complete, unequivocable idiot. As a matter of fact, the past four weeks have shown why you're an idiot who hasn't watched any Stiller football.

"Why is Roethlisberger still playing?"
I mean, isn't that what this thread is all about? Try and focus here, Mr. C&Pw/out comment.

Do us all a favor and make this a better place for the rest of us to hang out at and turn off your computer for a very long time.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink..

You can present Ken the facts but you cannot make him think!!

This thread was written on Oct 13!

The Steelers won their first game with Batch at the Helm and lost the next 2 with Ben at the helm.

That is what prompted this thread..

The Steelers have gone 3-3 since this thread was posted. and 2 of those wins came in the last 2 games.

If Batch had played in October against.. Atlanta, Oakland and Denver..

I believe the Steelers would have won 2 out of 3 (Denver would have been a loss for either QB)

If the Steelers played BAtch against Jacksonville and Cincy, I believe they would have won at least 1, if not both of those games.

The Steelers should be 8-2 and no worse than 7-3, instead of 4-6.

and as far as the last 4 games.. 2 wins/ 2 losses.

Loss to Oakland ( a last place team.. Ben had 4 INTs..)
Loss to Denver (3 INTs)
Win at NO (Good Game by Ben!)
Win at Cleveland (a last place team.. 3 INTs)

The Steelers should be a no doubter for the playoffs and fighting for home field advantage..

Instead they MUST win the 6 games remaining and hope that Baltimore or Denver falls apart.. to have any chance of making the Wild Card.

Let's see how the Steelers play against Baltimore this Sunday... if they lose this Sunday or any other Sunday... Their season is over!!

as far as C&P.. it's called backing up my statements with FACTS... something you should try!!

You are boring me now... I know you will reply with some derogatory comment without factual back up.
Save it!!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Today Ben played exceptionally well. One of his picks was his fault, the rest came off of deflections. He sparked the team to a 4th quarter comeback. Rack him.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Jack wrote:that goes for you and all of your trolls..

:meds:

You are widely regarded as one of the worst posters on this board, if not the whole internet.

Oh btw -- The Steelers win against New Orleans occured at Hines Field, not on the road. Get your "facts" straight, fuck-lips.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jack is indeed God-awful, as is Kendra. But I have to agree that it may have been smart to let Ben sit a while longer. Batch led them to their first win, I’d have let him go a little bit longer to see if he could manage a few more wins. Even though a doctor (hired by the Steelers?) cleared Ben to play, he hasn’t looked right to me all year long.

Rack fuck-lips.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I have something nice to say about Ken!

- nice avatar!!

All of your trolls should have avatars that nice!!

Rack the RACK!!