Moderator: Jesus H Christ

JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

How stupid are people in AZ?

Post by JCT »

Mitchell's lead changes little as more ballots counted

Associated Press
Nov. 13, 2006 04:31 PM

Democrat Harry Mitchell's lead over Republican Rep. J.D. Hayworth increased as elections officials continued to count ballots Monday in the 5th Congressional District race.

Mitchell had a total of 88,302 votes, or 50 percent. Hayworth had 82,485 votes, or 47 percent, according to the Secretary of State's office, which continues to compile early and provisional ballots.

Libertarian Warren Severin had 5,578 votes, or 3.2 percent.

The Associated Press called the race for Mitchell last Tuesday.

Hayworth has not conceded the race. Elections officials say it will take several days to finish counting the more than 100,000 ballots that remain.Meanwhile, Mitchell continued to organize a congressional transition team as he spent a second day at an orientation session in Washington, D.C., for newly elected Democratic members of Congress.

Arizona's 5th District includes Scottsdale, Tempe and parts of

How the hell do you still have 100,000 uncounted ballots 1 week after the election??
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Who you callin stupid?

Sincerely,

New Orleans, who re-elected "Mayor" Nagin....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

remember they dont count at the same time as the rest of us no longer on daylight savings time
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

This is what I don't get about American elections - the exit projections. I know it was late in my neck of the woods, but I swear blind that one state got called with 0% of the count in.

Do what we do, it's brilliant;

1) Do the count
2) Get all the candidates on a stage
3) Get the local mayor or some other minor dignatary to read out the final return
4) Laugh your arse off at some poor sod having to put on a rictus grin when he finds out he's pissed his easy, high-paying job up the wall.

Proper elections; they're like the Oscars. But important.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Re: How stupid are people in AZ?

Post by Cuda »

JCT wrote:

How the hell do you still have 100,000 uncounted ballots 1 week after the election??
They're down to only 100k?

-sin
City of Denver
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

jtr wrote:remember they dont count at the same time as the rest of us no longer on daylight savings time
I think I'll Rack! this,not sure why because its Vonage boy,but Rack anyway.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

jtr wrote:remember they dont count at the same time as the rest of us no longer on daylight savings time
Since it's no longer daylight savings time they'd be on the same time as everyone else now.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

We are trying to verify address on these voters, but they keep coming back to graveyards.

Sincerely,

Chicago Mayoral and Ward Races
Illinois Politics.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Nishlord wrote:I know it was late in my neck of the woods, but I swear blind that one state got called with 0% of the count in.

Well look at this one I'm talking about. The AP called it for this Mitchell' guy. He's got a 5,000 vote lead and they (one week later) still have 100,000 votes to count.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah but all of the remaining 100,000 votes have a last name of "mitchell" on them.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.