Chargers in the piled high city

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Chargers in the piled high city

Post by atomicdad »

Looking forward to a good game coming up Sunday Night, national broadcast with Michaels and Madden.

Granted the Bolts have not had much success in Denver, it is something like only 1 win there since 1995. This year the Chargers have a different look as witnessed this past weekend. They have one of the most explosive offenses going right now matching up against one of the stoutest defenses in the league.

Who does the Rat put Champ on, possesion receiver McCardell or either of the 6-5 towers coming out this year, Floyd and Jackson. I don't see the Bronco's defense stopping the Bolts offense or any other defense in the league at this particular time in the season. Everthing is clicking on all cylinders and there are too many weapons for a D to keep up with.

When the Bronco's have the ball, well they have pretty much sucked ass this season. Even the banged up Chargers D-line and linebackers should be able to keep the Broncos limited to short drives and minimal points.

This game, while still relatively early will help decide the division, IMO. I read in a previous post a Bronco fan who said this game is bigger for the Chargers than the Broncos and posted some stats and division records etc to back it up. In all respect that is bullshit. If the Broncos don't defend their home this weekend they are toast, and the divsion goes through San Diego. Following this game the Bolts still have three upcoming division games, all at home with regular rest. The Broncos will be traveling to play at Narrowhead on a short week after a Sunday night game, this is looking to be the brutal part of the Donks schedule.

Seriously and Myopcially I don't see this game as being close, Bolts 33 - Doncs 17
What say you.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

It all depends on which Donks offense shows up.

The team that put up almost 400 yards total offense (227 on the ground) in a close loss to Indy, or the team that has scored 20 points or more in only one other game.

Clearly, the Donks have a good defense but, as the Colts demonstrated, it can be scored upon by a superior offense, which the Bolts have repeatedly shown they have. In their best offensive game of the season the Donks were carried by their running game, which is the strength of the Chargers defense. The Chargers pass defense is suspect, but can the Snake take advantage? That will be the key to the game. As always, turnovers could make a difference but the Donks are not near the top at forcing them and the Chargers have not been prone to giving the ball up. The Chargers probably will not score 49 points this game, but they will score. The question is whether the Donks have enought offensive power to keep up. I don't think so.

Bolts 27
Donks 13
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Arizona ruined Jake Plummer to the point where he's not salvagable.....most erratic offense in the conference (Raiders don't count.....that O-Line couldn't stop my dead grandmother from getting a sack)
27-17 Bolts
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote:Clearly, the Donks have a good defense but, as the Colts demonstrated, it can be scored upon by a superior offense. Unfortunately, the Blots don't have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne nor Peyton Manning, so in reality, the comparision is just so much horseshit
FTFY......

Denver 27
Sandyeggo-23
get out, get out while there's still time
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Felix wrote:
Mikey wrote:Clearly, the Donks have a good defense but, as the Colts demonstrated, it can be scored upon by a superior offense. Unfortunately, the Blots don't have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne nor Peyton Manning, so in reality, the comparision is just so much horseshit
FTFY......

Denver 27
Sandyeggo-23
And the Colts don't have LT, or Gates.
Who's leading the AFC in scoring, again?
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

who gives a fuck?
mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Seriously - I think we need a different approach - strong, intelligent, principled, and fresh. Obama seems to fit the bill for me best at this point.
Then you are a fucking fool. Straight up. Obama is the dumbest motherfucker who has ever run for President.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Felix wrote:
FTFY......

Denver 27
Sandyeggo-23
...I'll tell ya what Jimmah, if the Dorks score 27 vs. the Bolts, you can sig me for a year!...they have to win though :D
Last edited by ChargerMike on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

The Broncos will be up for the game, it was hard for anyone to see them going into New England and winning and no one thought they would give Indianapolis much of game but they did! The short week going into KC blows, somehow need to come out with at least one win these next two games. So it might as well be the first one…

Broncos 24
Chargers 20
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

ChargerMike wrote:
Felix wrote:
FTFY......

Denver 27
Sandyeggo-23

...I'll tell ya what Jimmah, if the Dorks score 27 vs. the Bolts, you can sig me for a year!...they have to win though :D
Can you agree to let Rayduh James to level the year long sig? I would love to see what he would come up with.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

DallasFanatic wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:
Felix wrote: FTFY......

Denver 27
Sandyeggo-23

Can you agree to let Rayduh James to level the year long sig? I would love to see what he would come up with.

...uh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Loganfan wrote:Arizona ruined Jake Plummer to the point where he's not salvagable.....most erratic offense in the conference (Raiders don't count.....that O-Line couldn't stop my dead grandmother from getting a sack)
27-17 Bolts
You are aware that as a Bronco, Jake Plummer is 39-13 and his team has made the playoffs every single year, right? Not too shabby for an unsalvagable QB... or maybe what you're saying is that Shanahan really is a pretty good coach.

All season Denver has done what they need to do to win. The only teams they really dominated were New England and Baltimore... who just so happen to lead their respective divisions. What good team has San Diego beaten?

:cricket:

It may not be pretty, but Denver will win.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bwah!

Charger twats getting their panties wet predicting a double digit win at Piled High is just too damn funny.

Holy shit, but is there a more schitzoid fan base than what Blot fan is?

They swing from emotional highs to lows on a week by week basis. Must be an inferiority complex or something.

Dungver 27
Blots 24
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:Clearly, the Donks have a good defense but, as the Colts demonstrated, it can be scored upon by a superior offense. Unfortunately, the Blots don't have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne nor Peyton Manning, so in reality, the comparision is just so much horseshit
FTFY......

Denver 27
Sandyeggo-23
Good defense, huh?

Is this clown still starting?

# 27 Darrent Williams

Think he can cover Malcom Floyd?

I don't.
^^

Dumber than dogshit.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sped wrote: You are aware that despite the fact that Jake Plummer is our quarterback, the Hee-Haws are 39-13 and have made the playoffs every single year, right? Not too shabby for a brain-dead QB... or maybe what you're saying is that Shanahan really was a pretty good coach when Elway was his quarterback
:meds:

FTFY, BTW.
It may not be pretty, but Denver will win.
Concur. However: Rest easy, BlotFan. The Donks fall back to the pack come Turkey Day....
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Truman wrote:
Sped wrote: You are aware that despite the fact that Jake Plummer is our quarterback, the Hee-Haws are 39-13 and have made the playoffs every single year, right? Not too shabby for a brain-dead QB... or maybe what you're saying is that Shanahan really was a pretty good coach when Elway was his quarterback
:meds:

FTFY, BTW.
Epcot.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'd rate SD as a slightly better team than Dungver, and it's my belief that they will do better in the playoffs, BUT ....
I think the horsies wins this home game.

If you look at SD's schedule-played to this point it's been pretty soft.
This game won't be soft at all.
Always difficult to win at Denver.
I also don't like SD in this spot, playing it's 2nd straight road game.

I like the Mules by about 4.

Call it .........

Donkeys - 24
Chargers - 20
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ChargerMike wrote:

done.....

and I'll definitely be asking RJ for an assist....... :lol:
mvscal wrote:
Good defense, huh?

Is this clown still starting?

# 27 Darrent Williams

Think he can cover Malcom Floyd?

I don't.
Reggie Wayne has beaten a lot of good cover guys.......

unfortunately for the Eggoans, nobody is going to mistake Eric Parker, Malcom Floyd, or Keenan McCardell for Reggie Wayne........
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Sorry to have to point it out to the others in the AFC West, the Bolts have the best group of wideouts in the division as much as you all want to dismiss them.

With 3 wideouts measuring in at 6-5, Floyd, Jackson, and Osgood and Rivers able to deliver the ball with accuracy and zip your secondary is toast. Mix in solid goto possesion receivers in McCardell and Parker and you guys are fucked.

All that without a mention of Gates and LT. Face facts boys, this is one of the best offensive units in the league that is just getting hot. I can't see the Broncos and Plumber scoring enough points to keep up in this race.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

atomicdad wrote:All that without a mention of Gates and LT.
This Antonio Gates owner would like to know what happened to him? Did he fuck Rivers' girlfriend or something? He's been OK, but nothing like he was the previous couple of years. When the hell is he going to blow up?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

BSmack wrote:
atomicdad wrote:All that without a mention of Gates and LT.
This Antonio Gates owner would like to know what happened to him? Did he fuck Rivers' girlfriend or something? He's been OK, but nothing like he was the previous couple of years. When the hell is he going to blow up?

...that would be THIS week! Bank it.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

atomicdad wrote:With 3 wideouts measuring in at 6-5, Floyd, Jackson, and Osgood and Rivers able to deliver the ball with accuracy and zip your secondary is toast. Mix in solid goto possesion receivers in McCardell and Parker and you guys are fucked.

All that without a mention of Gates and LT. Face facts boys, this is one of the best offensive units in the league that is just getting hot. I can't see the Broncos and Plumber scoring enough points to keep up in this race.
see there you go......

obviously no way Denver wins....

how anybody ever beat the Chargers is beyond me......they've got so much offense it's a wonder they don't score 50 points a game......Tomlinson will probably run for 200 and score 4 touchdowns on Denver.....and with "the best group of wideouts in the division" they'll probably torch the Broncos defense for another 300 with a couple more touchdowns.....Bailey will be crying by the end of the game, because the Eggos receivers will school him......Kaeding will probably drill three 50 yarders......so, by my calculations the Diegoans will score six touchdowns and three field goals......

on the other hand, Denver has no offense, no running game, no threat to score.....thus, the Broncos will be shut out at home.....

I'm changing my prediction.....

Eggos-51
Broncos-0

I know it seems gloomy for my fellow Bronco fans, but what the hell, why not just go ahead and play it out and we'll accept our humiliation come Monday.....

I know, that's crazy talk.......
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You seem a little insecure...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote:You seem a little insecure...
insecure?

nah, just accepting the inevitability of the Eggos dropping a 51 point shutout on Denver at home......after all, they've got LT, Gates, Rivers and the best receivers in the league......

BTW you're definitely taller than I'd imagined......
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Felix wrote:
Mikey wrote:You seem a little insecure...
insecure?

nah, just accepting the inevitability of the Eggos dropping a 51 point shutout on Denver at home......after all, they've got LT, Gates, Rivers and the best receivers in the league......

BTW you're definitely taller than I'd imagined......

...finally..you've come around!

BTW...I for one don't see us throwing a shutout....I'll give the Donk's a couple of scores as Jake rolls out on his pattented play action and throws up a couple of hail Mary's.

Bolts...24
Donks.17
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Thats the way to be thinking Greenie,

Let me revise,

Chargers 217
Broncos -8 (yes, Plummer is going to do something so horrifically stupid that the ref's will call for negative points)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RACK

Oh, and Felix, I think you've got me mixed up with somebody else.
I'm not the tall one. I'm the one that's fatter than you imagined.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote:
I never said you were the tall one, I said you were taller than I'd imagined....

my imagination had you at around M.Perk size......

BTW my hirsutely challenged friend....the term "fatter" is so politically incorrect........I would have gone with "robust"............
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Felix wrote:
Mikey wrote:
I never said you were the tall one, I said you were taller than I'd imagined....

my imagination had you at around M.Perk size......

BTW my hirsutely challenged friend....the term "fatter" is so politically incorrect........I would have gone with "robust"............

...Mikey's more of a robust/buff type, someone you'd want on your side if ya know what I mean! specially in a "long drive" contest :wink:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ChargerMike wrote: ...Mikey's more of a robust/buff type, someone you'd want on your side if ya know what I mean! specially in a "long drive" contest :wink:
I've seen the "guns".....

you'll get no argument from me.......
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

"Large boned"

(heh)
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

we're the "new and improved" posters.......
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mv is just feeling left out
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'll be really nervous about this one. At Denver is tougher than at KC. Or anywhere. Despite their quiche eating fans, the Bronco's cheating defense is scary.

Ah, but not this year.

Felix called it right. :lol:

But I'll give the Bronco's a few touchdowns since they are at home.

Chargers 28
Donks 14
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Maybe. But he's no 85, and Jake's no Carson Palmer.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:Maybe. But he's no 85, and Jake's no Carson Palmer.
No, he's having a better year than Ocho Cinco.

But I will agree about the flake not being anywhere near the QB that Palmer is.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

Agreed. The Chargers have traditionally had a lot of success in Denver*

And Schottenheimer has been Denver's constant nemesis **

And Ladainian always eats Denver's lunch ***

* (2-18 since 1985)
** (11-20)
***(52.8 ypg at Denver)

San Diego ∞, Denver 0
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

W. Cohen wrote:San Diego ∞, Denver 0
see, even the illustrious Mr. Cohen sees the Broncos being shut out at home.......

if I were a Eggos fan, I'd be laying the house (or "manufactured home") on the Chargers........
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
W. Cohen wrote:San Diego ∞, Denver 0
see, even the illustrious Mr. Cohen sees the Broncos being shut out at home.......

if I were a Eggos fan, I'd be laying the house (or "manufactured home") on the Chargers........
I have a feeling he was being sarcastic. The Donks may get shut out but no way the Bolts score .

Half that much, maybe.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote: The Donks may get shut out but no way the Bolts score .
that sounds like a sig bet if I've ever seen one........
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

W. Cohen wrote:Agreed. The Chargers have traditionally had a lot of success in Denver*

And Schottenheimer has been Denver's constant nemesis **

And Ladainian always eats Denver's lunch ***

* (2-18 since 1985)
** (11-20)
***(52.8 ypg at Denver)

San Diego ∞, Denver 0
Pretty cocky, aren't ya?

:wink: