Christmas Commercials

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Christmas Commercials

Post by Mikey »

Today I saw the first two of the season.
One from Time Warner Cable and one from Visa.

It's fucking NOVEMBER 10, NOT EVEN VETERANS' DAY!!!. CHRISTMAS IS NOT "RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER"!!! FUCK YOU ASSHOLES!!!
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

rack rack rack
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Easy there Mikey!!

It's beginning to look a lot LIKE CHRISTMAS!!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

At least they waited til after Halloween....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Could've been worse.

jtr could have been it.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

if you think thats bad one of my local grocery stores has an asile half decorated for Xmas and half for Valentine's day already.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

You think that's bad.....

From 1995 through 1999 I managed a Revco/CVS pharmacy in my hometown; and 3 of those 4 years we started getting our Christmas forced distribution in JULY. The last year we started geting popcorn tins, and chocolate covered cherries on the same truck that we got our limited 4th of July set items. That shit sat in my back room for 4 months before I could start building the sets.

The logistics of getting all that crap out to the stores was such a nightmare, that Revco used to have what they called the "Holiday sales meeting" at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville Ten every year.....We would go down for a week of seminars, distribution meeting, and instructional meetings....we basically took over the hotel for a week. They even set up a prototype store in one of the basement conference halls, so we could actually see what the set was supposed to look like when we were done.

The vendors paid for the whole thing (Christmas is BIG BUSINESS), and Revco would do their yearly company awards, and shit like that during this meeting as well. The President of the company gave a "state of the Company" address....all kids of shit....they'd have open bar for 3 hours a day (happy hour before dinner, one hour after dinner, and usually during the banquets/speaking/awards pressentations). It was fucking CRAZY!!!! You'd see managers hooking up with people they met there....a yearly (what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas) type thing; they brought in singers/bands for concerts....just unreal.

Lot's of crazy stories from those "Business trips"......

We had a week from Halloween day, to put the clearance signs up on Halloween stuff, to sell all that crap off, and to get all that Christmas shit out, set, and signed. The regional Director of Operations would schedule "surprise" visits (Inspections) for the Friday (and the week after) following Halloween just so he could be personally certain that his stores were up to company standards. He'd stop in at your store with your District Manager in tow, and spend 45 minutes to an hour just picking your store apart to the minute detail.
The last two years my store was what CVS called a "Model Store". If you ran a model store, that meant that if a corporate big shot was traveling throught your district, then he had your store on a list of places that he could stop, to see a representative of what the district was like....(the store had to be nailz AT ALL TIMES). If they were driving a Dodge Intrepid, then they were probably somebody that was checking up on you.

My wife(now EX) used to bitch at me about being such a scrooge during the holidays. Ask anyone in retail....they'll almost all agree....the holidays SUCK....people are rude, the stores are stressful, and and EVERYONE bitches WAY to much.

And people wonder why I say that Christmas has become too commercial.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
Katy

Post by Katy »

When I was shopping for Halloween costumes for my kids, the Christmas stuff was in the aisle next to the Halloween stuff.

Another holiday that's a waste is Valentine's Day. That stuff will be out as soon as the Christmas stuff is packed up.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I already saw this one..

Victoria's Secret Christmas...

I wonder if they have another? With a little more details...
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Re: Christmas Commercials

Post by JCT »

Mikey wrote:Today I saw the first two of the season.
One from Time Warner Cable and one from Visa.

It's fucking NOVEMBER 10, NOT EVEN VETERANS' DAY!!!. CHRISTMAS IS NOT "RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER"!!! FUCK YOU ASSHOLES!!!

Why do you hate Baby Jesus?
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Toddowen wrote:And besides, Mikey, you'll always have Johnnie Couger singing "this is our country" all year long every five fucking minutes. Just think: every five minutes, you'll be in such a disgusted rage in searching for the remote that you'll forget all about Christmas.
Uh, yeah.....try living in his hometown. I think it's a law here that radio stations are required to play 16 minutes of Mellencamp every hour. Could be worse......could be the little child molester from Gary.

As for Christmas, I'm in charge of the family gift exchange and send out the draw the first time I see Christmas junk in the stores. I usually see it first at Sam's Club in AUGUST! And I think Michael's has junk out even earlier. Nothing like getting you in the mood for Christmas when it's 95 degrees out!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

My wife does the shopping. No problems here.

8)
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Im looking forward to Christmas this year.I got married earlier this year and every holiday brings about fresh first time arguments and joy we can have.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

I strung up some orange lights in the bushes for Halloween.

They looked so cool that I couldn't take them down, so I mixed in some yellow lights and now I'm trying to pass them off as Thanksgiving decorations.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:My wife does the shopping. No problems here.

8)
Classy.. she buys her own Christmas presents too?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:
BSmack wrote:My wife does the shopping. No problems here.

8)
No. But like any real man, I don't do that shit until like December 23rd.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Emasculated Filly wrote:
Ok Jimmy Boy, no matter what you think, standing in front of the Hallmark store where wifey told you to stand and guard "the bags" whilst she is looking for the latest ornaments makes you a pussey whipped dork. Nothing classy about it. You might as well be holding a sign saying, yea the wife has a 10" strap on that she jackhammers my ass with every night.
Rusty Trombone
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Rusty Trombone »

BSmack wrote:No. But like any real man, I don't do that shit until like December 23rd.
I bet the frown on her face upon opening these last minute "finds" closely resembles the look of utter disappointment she gives you every time you drop your pants, huh?
I will pancake you!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Imagine our shock as we discover that we are a consumer-oriented society.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

atomicdad wrote:
Emasculated Filly wrote:
Ok Jimmy Boy, no matter what you think, standing in front of the Hallmark store where wifey told you to stand and guard "the bags" whilst she is looking for the latest ornaments makes you a pussey whipped dork. Nothing classy about it. You might as well be holding a sign saying, yea the wife has a 10" strap on that she jackhammers my ass with every night.
Like B, I don't do any shopping for anyone but my wife and a few gifts for my 2 kids. With the exception of jewelry, I do most of my shopping online to avoid the annoying crowds and the 'too cool to shop early husbands' who are left buying the shitty looking turtle neck sweaters from the JC Penny Clearance table.

Incidently, a lot of jewelry shops raise their prices roughly 10-15% as it gets closer to Christmas because they know morons like yourself will overspend because you're in a bind.

Unrack me for avoiding the crowds and paying less leaving more me money for beer and more time to watch football.
Rusty Trombone
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Rusty Trombone »

jiminphilly wrote:leaving more me money for beer and more time to watch football.
You are quite the family man. I wish my dad was as cool as you are. Let's get all Moellered up sometime!
I will pancake you!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:Like B, I don't do any shopping for anyone but my wife and a few gifts for my 2 kids. With the exception of jewelry, I do most of my shopping online to avoid the annoying crowds and the 'too cool to shop early husbands' who are left buying the shitty looking turtle neck sweaters from the JC Penny Clearance table.

Incidently, a lot of jewelry shops raise their prices roughly 10-15% as it gets closer to Christmas because they know morons like yourself will overspend because you're in a bind. Unrack me for avoiding the crowds and paying less leaving more me money for beer and more time to watch football.
My wife sells jewelry, so me buying her jewelry for Christmas is a fucking waste. She's got more shit laying around our place than Macy's.

But I see where you're coming from. I might even do the online thing this year because she wants some Steelers pajamas and even though I know where just about every piece of Steelers merchandise is in Rochester, it has never occurred to me to look for NFL pajamas.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Like B, I don't do any shopping for anyone but my wife and a few gifts for my 2 kids. With the exception of jewelry, I do most of my shopping online to avoid the annoying crowds and the 'too cool to shop early husbands' who are left buying the shitty looking turtle neck sweaters from the JC Penny Clearance table.

Incidently, a lot of jewelry shops raise their prices roughly 10-15% as it gets closer to Christmas because they know morons like yourself will overspend because you're in a bind. Unrack me for avoiding the crowds and paying less leaving more me money for beer and more time to watch football.
My wife sells jewelry, so me buying her jewelry for Christmas is a fucking waste. She's got more shit laying around our place than Macy's.

But I see where you're coming from. I might even do the online thing this year because she wants some Steelers pajamas

Don’t bother. I’m sure she’d just as soon take them off of Willie Parker by herself.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim