Take the Challenge

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Take the Challenge

Post by poptart »

Post some good takes without childishly insulting one who voices disagreement with you.
And even better yet, when one childishly insults YOU, shrug it off.

The NFL is the top sports league in the United States.
One would think that an NFL Forum would produce some of the best dialogue on a message board.
Why then does the NFL Forum here so often sink so low and become an unreadable bore .... ?
You can find better quality sports discussions taking place in a lot of the other forums here.
Shoudn't be that way, friends.
It's frankly a little embarassing.

Maybe the quick-trigger name-calling and twinkie references are a by-product of NFL fan being incredibly passionate.
I honestly think that is partially true.
It may also be true that part of the reason is that a lot of us have been going at each other for a long time.
Perhaps your patience has run out with some of your old 'friends'.

I know for a fact that there are a lot of lurkers that choose not to post because ..... it just ain't worth it.
80% of the time a topic turns into a pissing match and reasonable back-and-forth opinion-giving goes out the window.

It's a smack board, yeah, we all get that.
That's a good deal of the fun involved.
Smack, but think too.
And if you get smacked ...... maybe you deserved it.
Take it and move on.

I'm not a mod, admin .... or anybody here.

I'm just interested in a reasonably good read or conversation from time-to-time.

Go fuck yourself if you don't agree with me.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

^^^^^^^^ big giant huge RACKs.......

you're my hero........
get out, get out while there's still time
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I agree with you poptart.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Take the Challenge

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:One would think that an NFL Forum would produce some of the best dialogue on a message board.
Why then does the NFL Forum here so often sink so low and become an unreadable bore .... ?
You can find better quality sports discussions taking place in a lot of the other forums here.
Shoudn't be that way, friends.
It's frankly a little embarassing.
What do you expect when your most prolific posters are retards like Whitey Wagon, KFC Paul 3.0 and m2?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:^^^^^^^^ big giant huge RACKs.......

you're my hero........
Nazi mod says what?

Seriously, nobody fucking cares. Hell, some of the best reads on this board make childish insults their stock and trade. It's not necessarily my bag, but that's the way it is.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Maybe it is because in the end we are still just talking about football and not trying to cure cancer here and we all realize that. Compare that to the College football forum where you'd think the fate of the world hinges on what happens this Saturday.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Compare that to the College football forum where you'd think the fate of the world hinges on what happens this Saturday.
You mean it doesn't?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote: Nazi mod says what?
nazi mod says

"if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
BSmack wrote: Nazi mod says what?
nazi mod says

"if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"
There is no problem.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
There is no problem.
really....

guess all those PMs I get are just figments of my imagination.........

thanks for clearing that up for me Bri.........
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
BSmack wrote:
There is no problem.
really....

thanks for clearing that up for me Bri.........
PMs, the least effective means possible for expressing yourself.

If said people want to "change the culture", then they need to step up and start posting. Whining in the form of PMs does nothing.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Greenie wrote:guess all those PMs I get are just figments of my imagination.........
No, it's just that its been rumored that your puckered starfish is, well, not quite so puckered much any more these days.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

atomicdad wrote:
No, it's just that its been rumored that your puckered starfish is, well, not quite so puckered much any more these days.
bad RJ impressions.....

not a good start D...... :lol:
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

So I take that as you don't want me to post the picture of myself posing in a wife beater and my hair spiked with axle grease.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

atomicdad wrote:So I take that as you don't want me to post the picture of myself posing in a wife beater and my hair spiked with axle grease.
of course we'd all like to see you post those pics....

posting photos of yourself in here is always a fabulous idea......
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: And even better yet, when one childishly insults YOU, shrug it off.
Sorry bro. No can do.
Goober McTunacasserole wrote:What do you expect when your most prolific posters are retards like Whitey Wagon..
Goobs contribution to this board (when he's not googling recipes) seems to be running up and down the forums either sucking cock in the way of passing out gratutious racks to the "IN" crowd, or trying to mindlessly attack those he perceives as somehow unpopular, or weak, or who smacked his punk-ass back to ToT once upon a time.

Yeah, this Goober guy, he's a real winner. I don't believe I've ever seen a substantial take from this idiot, yet he somehow feels imminently qualified to expound on others shortcomings.

Get lost, you clueless dweeb. Your kind are a dime a dozen.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Felix wrote:
BSmack wrote:
There is no problem.
Seriously?
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

PM's for NFL Mods?????

huh?

glad that they all go to greenie and his puckered starfish!

(s'up DP?)

RACK poppy!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Red wrote: Seriously?
partly.....
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

Tart,

Good thought, although I'm sorry to see that even this very thread has become a shining example of what you speak.

I am kinda one of those of who you mentioned....the lurker who comes to read, and usually declines to post much.

In my world, I don't have much free time between work, the family, and all of life's tribulations, to keep up on all the "goings-on" of my own (hometown) team, let alone the rest of the NFL....hell, some weeks I'm glad to just be able to squeeze in the time to watch the game on Sunday. (For example) I benefited from a requested day off last week, or I wouldn't have been able to stay up and watch the Colts play the Sunday night game.
That is one of the things that I've always liked about the NFL forum here, and our previous boards before; homerism/myopian type posting not withstanding, it keeps me informed of the buzz around the league, and sometimes informs me of interesting things about teams/players that the lackluster sports media around here can't provide me with.
The sad part is that when you have to wade through all the name calling, homosmack, and insults; it makes it tough to find the real quality content that made the forum so interesting in the first place.

I do find it kind of interesting though, that before T1B came into existence (smackboard), We were called stuck up, elitist bastards, and the like, because we didn’t put up with this type of elementary school behavior. If somebody was being a ‘tard, or a deliberately trying to just be a pain in the ass to everyone, they just ran ‘em…and the board went on without missing a step. It was pretty much just about talking up the NFL, and it left the personal shit alone (for the most part). Now, it’s pretty much reversed…..once in a while you might find some sports content, if you wade in amongst all the childish banter and flame-wars.

Sad indeed….
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tiny wrote:
I do find it kind of interesting though, that before T1B came into existence (smackboard), We were called stuck up, elitist bastards, and the like, because we didn’t put up with this type of elementary school behavior. If somebody was being a ‘tard, or a deliberately trying to just be a pain in the ass to everyone, they just ran ‘em…and the board went on without missing a step. It was pretty much just about talking up the NFL, and it left the personal shit alone (for the most part). Now, it’s pretty much reversed…..once in a while you might find some sports content, if you wade in amongst all the childish banter and flame-wars.

Sad indeed….
Oh please, spare us the misty eyed, wistful nostagia and revisionist history lessons of former boards. From SCIII, to TNW, to Smackboard, we had the same if not worse. In fact, there was a constant refrain of petty bickering going on then that doesn't go on at T1B, because frankly, most of those involved with it simply got tired of uselessly flailing away.

So what has that left us with? A forum of hand-wringers that might see 5-10 new posts a day during the week.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

War Wagon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Sad indeed….
Oh please, spare us the misty eyed, wistful nostagia and revisionist history lessons of former boards. From SCIII, to TNW, to Smackboard, we had the same if not worse. In fact, there was a constant refrain of petty bickering going on then that doesn't go on at T1B, because frankly, most of those involved with it simply got tired of uselessly flailing away.

So what has that left us with? A forum of hand-wringers that might see 5-10 new posts a day during the week.

In. fucking. credible.

In just under a weeks' time, i've gone from thinking that Whitey has the surgeon who performed his frontal labotomy on his yearly Christmas card list to fucking agreeing with him.

.....and all because of a bunch of pussy assed whiny adults who cant take a little smack between rival fanbases.

The lot of you crybaby cunts should be fucking embarrassed.

Dont like the tripe that goes back and forth between people? The go to another fucking board to post. Chances are very good that you'll find one dedicated to your team that is heavily modded and romper roomed down so you'll avoid the sand getting trapped in your collective vagina's when someone dares to drop a bad word or *gasp* insult a floating eyeballed family member.

We already have one crying towel of a weekly top 5/Bottom 5 thread-do we really need to wipe our tears in here too?

Pussies.

I dare just ONE of you bitches to find a more informed and readable NFL forum than this one. Just one.

I wont hold my fucking breath.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

RACK James...

The only gripe I have about some posters (I won't name names) on the forums here that they refuse to acknowledge when their team is bad and through myopic takes and blind loyalty, they can't face facts that are staring them in the face. I'd like to think most level headed RaiderFans are pissed off about the way their team is right now and the future is up in the air. A good fan recognizes their own team's flaws and faults and calls them out on it. The ones that are foolish to never criticize their own team when things go wrong, they're living in a fairy land. All teams lose, all teams make bad personnel decisions and usually, most teams will have off years. It's those that aren't obnoxious through the highs and the lows of their team are the best reads on the board. People who can almost talk about their own team as if they have no rooting interest and those fans that can almost talk as well about the rest of the league as they can about their own team. Belief it or not, I think my team sucks right now and I'm not going to bristle at anyone that want to make fun of the Lions or Matt Millen. If you're too much of a homer or myopian that you can't see what's wrong with your own team...your just an ignorant fan.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Raydah James wrote:I dare just ONE of you bitches to find a more informed and readable NFL forum than this one. Just one.
There are quite a few of them, James.

The attractive thing about our forum has been the MIX of smack and reasonable dialogue.

However, if you could trace back to TNW you'd find that we've lost a shitload of solid posters.

The forum has deteriorated.
There's no sugar-coating it.

People are not posting, and any long threads we get are typically long only because of prolonged childish taunts back-and-forth between people who have already battled each other the same way 300 times in the past.

Hey, I'm definitely NOT against smack.
As I said, that's part of the mix that has made it fun to post here through the years.

Wagon is also right to a degree.
Some of the people not posting need to sack up and put some posts up.

Or else just close the place down and replace it with a horseshoes forum or something.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:
Raydah James wrote:I dare just ONE of you bitches to find a more informed and readable NFL forum than this one. Just one.
The attractive thing about our forum has been the MIX of smack and reasonable dialogue.

However, if you could trace back to TNW you'd find that we've lost a shitload of solid posters.

The forum has deteriorated.
There's no sugar-coating it.

People are not posting, and any long threads we get are typically long only because of prolonged childish taunts back-and-forth between people who have already battled each other the same way 300 times in the past.

Hey, I'm definitely NOT against smack.
As I said, that's part of the mix that has made it fun to post here through the years.

Wagon is also right to a degree.
Some of the people not posting need to sack up and put some posts up.

Or else just close the place down and replace it with a horseshoes forum or something.

RACK

What, you mean you guys dont want to see Paul vs. Kaley, Scott vs. Paul/Wags, Paul vs. Wags, Jayflock vs. A diet & Excercise, or KC Dave vs. A readable post for the 1,000,000 time?

Quite a shocking revelation.

Lets just call it what it is:

KC fan shitting the bed constantly all these years, with no sign of a slowdown.

It'd be fine if they didnt suck skinsword at smack....................buwahahahahaha, who am I kidding? Sucking would be an incredible improvement-A paste gulping grade schooler could run thier asses with minimal effort while garnering a laugh or two.

I move for this forum to collectively start a college fund for these inbred mule molesters, thus killing 2 birds with one stone: 1. The bar will certainly be raised with KC Cletus concentrating on completing an actual sentence while jamming submit instead of how he's going to trick KC Sister into letting him bounce his balls off her larynx, and 2. They'll be one of the 50 people in Misery who made it past high school.

Bottom line: this G.E.D. shit isnt fucking cutting it around here anymore.

I blame our education system for this abomination.

and Bush.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Rayduh wrote:I dare just ONE of you bitches to find a more informed and readable NFL forum than this one. Just one.
I have several of them bookmarked, along with my homer boards.

I PM'd a solid one to a couple of posters here. I read the general league boards, and post more on my homer boards, because my focus is primarily on my team.

Both you and pops are right though.

pops has a point because there hasn't been much discussion as opposed to flame, and when a thread is posted, it usually boils down to a petty beef, with no real content.

You have a point, because it is half a smak board IMO, and shit takes and posters should be taken to the woodshed, and beat down upon mercilessly.

Hell, sig bets are almost extinct.

That being said, more activity could result in a more robust forum, with both sober discussion, and classic meltdowns.

Just my 2 cents.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

drummer wrote: I PM'd a solid one to a couple of posters here.
So did Nix, and we both should feel like dirty tramps.

Well, I'm still here... this is home.

Yo Lames, brother... only a few more days until the wrath is unleashed.

You up to it?
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Whitey,

Yes, there was smack at the previous boards, I agree whole heartedly with you on that.....but if you had stopped to read my post before you rushed to your keyboard to prove my point, you would have gotten the MESSAGE I was trying to convey. Today, what we see a majority of the time is the bullshit "I know you are, but what am I" and "Yaaa...well you’re a polesmoker, so go eat a dick..." kind of posts that hijack good threads and turn them into quality TROTS material.
If you've got a problem with an opinion I lay out about a team, a game, a play etc....fire away big boy.....If I've put my foot in my mouth when commenting on the same...then fine, I've got it coming. I have not problem sacking up. BUT, when someone disagrees with a take and all they can seem to muster is some lame-assed personal attack on the person who posted it, and are not even able to refute the post’s original content that they supposedly had such an issue with in the first place; that's where I see a problem.

Most of us here came together many years ago, mainly because we used to listen to a dude on the radio who talked about REAL sports, and had good opinions and interviews....the bitter little elf himself. Since the jungle has sucked ass for at least the last 5 years, I am comfortable to say that most of us here are at an age where a little simple fucking MATURITY would be a reasonable expectation, not a far flung, unattainable dream.

Lames,

You are in a roundabout way proving my point with that post. There are lots of entertaining and definitely informative posts/posters here; the problem is wading through all the bullshit to find them. I don't want to try to find a more informed, or readable board than this one. A majority of the people here I like to read, and I like to hear their insight, (even it is myopic or just plain distorted out of reality). It's what makes a die hard fan a die hard fan. Hell James, even though you yourself often step over the line (IMHO) when you think somebody is delusional, or just plain a buffoon; I still think you are a pretty knowledgeable fan, and you don’t really limit yourself to your own team with that knowledge. That’s what makes you valuable to this forum.

I’ll give you an example:
After last week’s games, I posted a blurb about how I was glad to see Vanderjagt shank one for somebody else BESIDES the Colts. The same day, I had two responses from DallasFanatic, and (believe it or not) Paul 3.0 who disagreed with my take, and said so without any profanity, and without saying much besides: “I disagree with you, and this is why…” Is that so much to ask for, even in this situation where I’ll readily admit that I’m a little bitter/jaded, where Vanderjagt is concerned?
Does it somehow make your argument stronger, or add more credibility to it, when you have to call someone a “pussy” to try to get your point across? I’m not slamming you for using profanity, that’s not me and not my point. My point is more about coming with a strong dissenting opinion, instead of just cutting someone down because you don’t agree with their comment, and can’t come up with a creative reason why.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tiny wrote:Whitey,
I stopped reading your post right there, midget.

You will address me as "Wags", or not address me at all, you abominally dismal dumbfuck.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Good time as any to unsticky this
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

thats up to poppy...imho
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Thanks, Q, but I didn't sticky it.
I make no decisions here.

Tiny gets it.
Racks to him, ..... and all of those who get it.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Whitey-wags-whatever....way to kick your own ass!!!!

The same damn thing you claim to defend, somehow seems to offend you; when it comes back around to you. Gee, that Figures.

"It's Ok for me, but fuck you...." Yeah, I see you working. Way to prove my point for me.

And see, I don't even have to resort to name calling to try to make myself look better; you did all the work for me.
Winston Wolf:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

So, how are all of you knuckle dragging polesmokers doing this afternoon?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Glad you asked Bri.

I've been eating Brussel Sprouts the last few days and the way today is going I expect the paint to start peeling off the walls in my office any moment now.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Rack Tiny... AND James.

A good Message Board encourages a mix of astuteness and absurdities; virtue and vitriol. Ever since the demise of SCIII, NFL Smack Boards have always rivaled Main Street-type Forums in terms of peeps and sheer numbers of posts. Hell, back in the old days, I had little reason to ever mix it up in any Forum other than the NFL.

Yet here we are… Trying to figure out what went wrong.

T1B’s “College Football” is what past NFL Forums used to be: Good takes, “decent” (by old NFL Board standards) smack (they still suck, but they’re learning), and a solid core of posters unafraid to police their own.

But these days, Page 2 “smack” on any thread in this NFL Forum is quick to deteriorate into a personal challenge of your heterosexuality; the authenticity of your post; or degrade into some kind of third-grade neener-neener “mine is bigger” pissing match.

No wonder nobody posts up in this bitch anymore. :meds:

As for indifference… I’m as guilty as anyone. But I’m not alone…

Defenders of the Red Faith?! I see Wags… And Paul, rolled, as per his station in life.

Other than that…

Anyone seen Scott outside a “picks” or “fantasy” thread? Orc? Dave? Kaley? Nixhex? Radiofan?

No free pass, AFC West: I see poppy and James… but where the Hell is Toostoned, Mal, and Loco, ‘duhFan? Whatsmyname, Red, and ghost_knife, Mulefan? Trev and Joe, BlotFan?

This Forum sucks because you suck.

Okay, Tiny… AND James….

Count me as one lookin’ to make this flaming pile of shit a better sordid clambake…
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Goobs contribution to this board (when he's not googling recipes) seems to be running up and down the forums either sucking cock in the way of passing out gratutious racks to the "IN" crowd, or trying to mindlessly attack those he perceives as somehow unpopular, or weak

If you check my posting history, you’d find I’m actually quite stingy with racks, maybe overly so. And who is this “IN” crowd you speak of? Insecure much? I’m not sure about your popularity, Whitey, but I’d certainly never perceive you as a “strong poster”. A stout target, maybe. A drooling retard, for sure.

I breathlessly await your next tuna noodle reference, you wet-brained smack-cripple.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote: Yet here we are… Trying to figure out what went wrong.
I don't think anything went wrong so much as eventually the new just wears off. Folks probably get tired of re-hashing the same old material after awhile, mebbe just not worth the effort anymore. Hell, we all know each others posting styles inside out by now.

I'm not one for seeing a dying old nag artificially resuscitated (sp?)... as some have vainly tried and will continue trying to do. Sure, we could sit here and pine for the "good old days", but those days are gone. 5 years from now, we'll be saying that these are the good old days.

But as you can see in the current AFC West threads, a spark still glows.

The games, the match-ups between old time rivals, speak for themselves.

We're just here to add some gloss and some flavor, run a bit of smack and get smacked... and to kill some time rather than watching "Dancing with the Stars" or whatever horseshit they're pimping as being mainstream TV fare these days.

Well, that and because most of us do care deeply about how our team does. It's called being a "passionate fan", though some are more passionate than others.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Goobs contribution to this board (when he's not googling recipes) seems to be running up and down the forums either sucking cock in the way of passing out gratutious racks to the "IN" crowd, or trying to mindlessly attack those he perceives as somehow unpopular, or weak
If you check my posting history...
I've seen enough to know that you're nothing more than an attack poodle... here's the part of my post that you should have quoted:
Yeah, this Goober guy, he's a real winner. I don't believe I've ever seen a substantial take from this idiot, yet he somehow feels imminently qualified to expound on others shortcomings.
You probably sit around all day trying to think up "Man Laws" to submit to Miller Lite.com.

Oh, and nice courageous job by coming back SIX days later to respond to being put in your place, you "drooling retard".

Fuck off, pussy.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tiny wrote:Whitey-wags-whatever....way to kick your own ass!!!!

The same damn thing you claim to defend, somehow seems to offend you; when it comes back around to you. Gee, that Figures.

"It's Ok for me, but fuck you...." Yeah, I see you working. Way to prove my point for me.

And see, I don't even have to resort to name calling to try to make myself look better; you did all the work for me.
By glossing me as "Whitey" you've showed me how clueless you are.

You show one oz. of cluesless disrespect towards moi, I'll return it in lbs.

Don't act surprised.

I took apart your weeping and gnashing of teeth post about the former boards and how great they were, w/o a hint of a personal attack, and you respond with "Whitey". I don't give a damn what you have to say after that.

Musta' been good though. pop and Tru liked it... but then again they weren't the ones being slandered.