how's the weather....

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:You're reaching prett-ay, prett-ay, prett-ay badly, Mikey.

Do you really think a picture of a ski hill exemplifies "California Winters?"

That's cute.

Guess you've never spent a winter up near Donner Pass.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote:You losers are stuck in the ice and slush for 6 months with no escape other than a flight to LAX.
would your dripping vag freeze if you were stuck in this weather?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mikey wrote:You losers are stuck in the ice and slush for 6 months with no escape other than a flight to LAX.
would your dripping vag freeze if you were stuck in this weather?
I have enough brains not to subject myself to "this weather".
I'll probably be flying into Detroit in December, but will also be leaving after two days. BODE me.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Mikey wrote:LAX.

I like California but that place is a shithole!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

TenTallBen wrote:

I won't argue with that, but it's better than anything that Michigan can offer.

(I tend to utilize John Wayne Airport whenever possible)
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mikey wrote:The point is that in CA you can drive from that ski "hill" (hill is something you have in MI, here we have these things called mountains) to a sunny beach in a couple of hours.
Uhh, we were discussing seasonal changes, no?

I don't see what your proximity from a mountain to a beach has anything to with "seasonal change." That's just change by virtue of relocating geographically, from point A to point B.

You're essentially arguing that your terrain is more versatile. But hey, nice cover!

Look, if you want to claim BODE on having more warm, sunny days most the year, that's going to be your ticket. That's the angle you want to play here. But the very notion you're attempting to claim said bode on Michigan in the four seasons category is fucking LAUGHABLE, man.
ice and slush for 6 months
Huh. So an entire season up here lasts half a year? That's fucking fascinating, man. I wasn't aware of that. What more can you tell me about the place I live in, Mikey?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

No, we were discussing integers.

You still haven't come up with a legitimate retort for:

More days with freezing weather
More days with opressive heat and humidity
More current Governors who were raised and educated in California
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No.

Here's a synopsis.

I claim "BODE" based on having the four full seasonal changes (all throughout the state, no less).

You get defensive and say, "No, we have them too! Believe me! We have winter! Here's some snow on a mountain to prove it!"

Then you start babbling about how you have beaches close to mountains, so therefore, you must have more seasonal change than Michigan! Makes sense, right? That's rational, right?

Then you start referencing governors in a debate about weather.

I don't have the rules, licensing, and copyrights to BODE or anything, but I'm pretty sure it completely swung in my favor at that point.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Get a fuckkng life.
You posted a bunch of "beautiful Michigan" pictures and claimed that CA was all sun all the time.
Then you claimed that I don't know shit about Michigan.

This argument is not worth continuing.
If and when you can afford to live in CA I have no doubt that I'll see you here.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Mikey wrote:(I tend to utilize John Wayne Airport whenever possible)
Hell yeah.

I've been through Burbank, Ontario and even Sacramento and those airports rock compared to LAX. Fuck getting on the 405 for any reason!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mikey wrote:Get a fuckkng life.
You posted a bunch of "beautiful Michigan" pictures and claimed that CA was all sun all the time.
Then you claimed that I don't know shit about Michigan.

This argument is not worth continuing.
If and when you can afford to live in CA I have no doubt that I'll see you here.
What a beaut. This shit right here is why I frequent this board.

You covered all the bases, Mikester.

"Get a life!"

"I quit this argument!"

and one of my all-time personal favorites...

"I'm better than you!"
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

That doesn't make Michigan any less of a dump.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

prett-ay, prett-ay, prett-ay
an auto-RACK was tripped here.
Guess you've never spent a winter up near Donner Pass.
I bet Mikey has. He's a foodie.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I don't eat man meat. I'll leave that for the likes of Whitey and sissyroo.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

^^^^^^^^^
This is God's punishment on a wicked, sinful voting populace.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Mikey wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:

Bullcrap. Just complete bullcrap. Detroit's new terminal is one of the nicest, most user-friendly terminals in the entire effing country. Period.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Ken wrote:
Mikey wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:
Bullcrap. Just complete bullcrap. Detroit's new terminal is one of the nicest, most user-friendly terminals in the entire effing country. Period.
Yeah but once you leave that beautiful terminal, what do you have?
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Focus. You were talking 'bout the AIRPORT. Follow?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Ken wrote:Focus. ?
Not my strong point
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

LAX is getting a makeover, they are moving one of the runways further to the south, and remodeling is in the process.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Airport smack. You’ve come a long way, baby.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Believe the Heupel wrote: Obviously, his buddy hasn't been doing business up here very long.

Construction shuts the fuck DOWN for the next 4-5 months. I mean, sure, if you've got the structure up you can do all the interior work with space heaters and stuff, but exterior siding?

Actually, I think dude (who coincidentally, is a guy I went to high school with) has been doing construction in Anchorage for much of his adult life.

But, I'm with you...sounds a little sketchy. I've only spoken with my friend very briefly since his move, and the details of his work weren't really discussed. BUT...in the coming days, I'll talk to him and get the skinny.

On the other hand, in the (distant) past, I've been on big renovation jobs during particularly evil Portland winters(and NO...I'm not comparing a Portland winter to an Anchorage winter...not by any means), and have seen exterior renovations done in the thick of winter. All just a matter of badly someone wants to do it/wants it done. "Tenting" with thermal tarps and lots of propane heaters fixes most winter weather problems...to an extent. Years ago, I was working with a company that got a job doing some stuff (read: sucking the government titty) to spruce up the Projects(government housing projects are WAY nicer here than in most "big cities"...usually get your own yard and stuff). Showed up one morning to check it out, after a nasty storm had blown through. Had to ask "where's the tenting around this building...I thought it had been erected?" The reply..."I'm guessing somewhere in Vancouver, WA...possibly Vancouver BC."

Just a matter of motivation, how much can get done in winter.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Image[/quote]

Have fun with that, ODOT.

But hey, at least they're now saying there's a bunch more rain coming in the next few days.

Gonna get crazy up in here.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Apparently, this is supposed to be the order of the day for the next couple of days.

Saturated ground + bigazz U&L trees + >45mph winds = some busted up shit.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

The rain is now falling at .30 inch per hour. Same as last week.

Cue the TV reporters doing sight gags and stupid fucks driving in 3 foot deep water in 3...2...1....
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Damn, you guys have about the most colorful map I've ever seen...

[web]http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/[/web]
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

dins, weren't you the one running good ocean/bad ocean smack awhile back? looks like the good ocean's butt fukking you folks in the mouf right about now. here in bad ocean country, it occasionally fukks with wolfman, but, atleast it gets it over with quickly.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:Damn, you guys have about the most colorful map I've ever seen...

Usually, the NWS is more accurate than that. Supposed to start snowing like a beyotch in the mountains, down to about 3500 feet. Then, the Pineapple Express is set to come through again, which will melt all of that mid-elevation snow.

Just like earlier this week, I think the weather folks are grossly underestimating the flood threat. The ball-dropping(yes, I realize the NWS people hate this place, because it's impossible to accurately predict the weather, but come on) on the part of the weatherdorks caused a lot of people a lot of problems. Usually, we get decent warning. Beginning of the week, they weren't really making too much out of the threat, and some people paid dearly because they didn't take all the neccessary precauitions. Lots of dead cows floating around Tillamook, lots and lots of homeowners stranded. And lots and lots of hunters out in the woods who were away from television and radio, and some of them are still stuck.

Although the day after the governor won the election, he pretty much said "yeah, well, if you build a house next to a stream, what do you expect?" Rack the douche for that one.
smackaholic wrote:dins, weren't you the one running good ocean/bad ocean smack awhile back?
I don't recall...but that sounds about my speed.
looks like the good ocean's butt fukking you folks in the mouf right about now. here in bad ocean country, it occasionally fukks with wolfman, but, atleast it gets it over with quickly.
Yeah, well the bad ocean lets much of the country's population sit under blankets of snow for much of the winter, freezing their asses off. Ours douches things out every 10-20 years, and kees us relatively warm through the winter...except for when it's cold.

Raining fairly good in my neck of the woods, but not completely evil yet. These gnarly winds they're promising us haven't really kicked in...yet. But at least there's 70-80 foot trees less than 70-80 feet from where I sleep...so I've got that going for me.

On a positive note, the weatherdork last night said that as often as not, after a particularly stormy November, the rest of the winter is usually pretty mild. If the ground is saturated and the rivers full before winter even officially starts, and really wet winter at this point will be pretty serious. This is awfully early in the season for this much rain. Hell, we very very rarely see this much rain at any point in the Wet Season. But this time, we exceeded an average November's rainfall in the first week. And if it was colder, all the skiers around here(sup every single person not named Dins) would be talking about how awesome it was.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:Damn, you guys have about the most colorful map I've ever seen...

Usually, the NWS is more accurate than that. Supposed to start snowing like a beyotch in the mountains, down to about 3500 feet. Then, the Pineapple Express is set to come through again, which will melt all of that mid-elevation snow.

Just like earlier this week, I think the weather folks are grossly underestimating the flood threat. The ball-dropping(yes, I realize the NWS people hate this place, because it's impossible to accurately predict the weather, but come on) on the part of the weatherdorks caused a lot of people a lot of problems. Usually, we get decent warning. Beginning of the week, they weren't really making too much out of the threat, and some people paid dearly because they didn't take all the neccessary precauitions. Lots of dead cows floating around Tillamook, lots and lots of homeowners stranded. And lots and lots of hunters out in the woods who were away from television and radio, and some of them are still stuck.

Although the day after the governor won the election, he pretty much said "yeah, well, if you build a house next to a stream, what do you expect?" Rack the douche for that one.
smackaholic wrote:dins, weren't you the one running good ocean/bad ocean smack awhile back?
I don't recall...but that sounds about my speed.
looks like the good ocean's butt fukking you folks in the mouf right about now. here in bad ocean country, it occasionally fukks with wolfman, but, atleast it gets it over with quickly.
Yeah, well the bad ocean lets much of the country's population sit under blankets of snow for much of the winter, freezing their asses off. Ours douches things out every 10-20 years, and kees us relatively warm through the winter...except for when it's cold.

Raining fairly good in my neck of the woods, but not completely evil yet. These gnarly winds they're promising us haven't really kicked in...yet. But at least there's 70-80 foot trees less than 70-80 feet from where I sleep...so I've got that going for me.

On a positive note, the weatherdork last night said that as often as not, after a particularly stormy November, the rest of the winter is usually pretty mild. If the ground is saturated and the rivers full before winter even officially starts, and really wet winter at this point will be pretty serious. This is awfully early in the season for this much rain. Hell, we very very rarely see this much rain at any point in the Wet Season. But this time, we exceeded an average November's rainfall in the first week. And if it was colder, all the skiers around here(sup every single person not named Dins) would be talking about how awesome it was.
Actually, the bad ocean tries it's best to keep things thawed. It's those worthless fukks to the northwest in canada that shit bitter cold winds down on us from time to time.

the bad ocean's main problem is that it's on the wrong fukking side of us. it helps out those limey fukks though. they are at about the same latitude as anchorage, yet they have prety much U&L weather (wet and chilly).
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:it helps out those limey fukks though. they are at about the same latitude as anchorage, yet they have prety much U&L weather (wet and chilly).
Thanks for that. I certainly never talk to people who keep me updated on the weather in Southern England.

It all depends on the gulf stream. When it's hitting, it's warm(and often damp). If it isn't hitting there, then it's about as cold as you'd expect that latitude to be. There having some crazy assed weather in the last few years of the Changed Climate(as are we, to an extent).

BTW -- by northern-half-of-the-country standards, it's not chilly here -- it's warm in winter. "Warm" being a relative term. Doesn't often drop below freezing, save for about an hour before the sun comes up occasionally(now that I said that, I'll prepare to freeze my ass off all winter). But when the Good Ocean stops spitting up the stroms, there's a big fucking hole in the mountains right next to Portland, and that ass-chipping inland air comes blasting through, making it FUCKING cold, with some very high east winds to boot...I can hardly wait for that.

Fuck the cold...I'll take the rain and be happy, thank you very much. Rain don't bother me a bit, as long as ity isn't cold. My mild-weathered ass don't do the cold...that's what mountains are for...a convenient place to keep the snow.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sin,
SuperSoakerX
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Update for BTH(not that he really cares) -- Talked to my friend a little longer last night. Silly fucking me...I could have sworn he said he was going to Anchorage. He's in fact in Fairbanks. And he says that yes, he is in fact siding houses every day. Said it got up to like 16 BELOW yesterday. But he says they are one of the few, if not the only siding company willing to work outside during winter, and can get all of the work they can possibly handle because of it.

I suppose at -16 and colder, moisture does not exist, making siding possible...albeit insane.

This is a born-and-raised Oregon boy, who is quite prone to extreme bitching if the temp drops below 35. He now says "you don't know cold."

There ain't enough tea in China or enough beer in a keg to get me to work outside all day when it's freaking 20 degrees below zero outside. I'd rather pick up bottles and cans on the side of the freeway in our cozy 40 degree winters, thank you very much.

But hey, on the bright side....I guess there is no "bright side," since it's dark all freaking day long.

Freaking nutcases.

BTW -- thw wicked storms forecast for the weekend petered out as they came inland. The coast had some wind gusts over 100MPH, but things were relatively calm in the vallies. Good thing, since FEMA didn't need the headache.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Twice in a freaking week. We're having a MONSTER November.

There was a gust of 122MPH on the coast yesterday afternoon...mid-50's here inland.

But, it's nice today. Might even have to sneak a little golf in, if I can work it.