Big XII North on the line this Saturday

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Big XII North on the line this Saturday

Post by War Wagon »

Yeah, I know. This game lost some... ok, most of it's potential lustre after Mizzou got punked by OU and then Nebraska got hosed by OSU.

But what the hell? The North division is up for grabs and this game, while not necessarily a back-breaker for either team if they lose, will certainly be very important to the outcome.

I see where Mizzou is a 6 point dog to the odds makers, and I suppose that's about right for a game in Lincoln. Frankly, I'm surprised the spread isn't even greater. Nevermind actually winning, when's the last time we were even close there?

Christ, after last weeks anemic pissing down the leg performance, at home no less, I wasn't giving MU a snowballs chance in hell here.

Then again, after watching NU's vaunted Pink Shirts get shredded by OSU, who knows? If my Tiggers can avoid shooting themselves in the foot numerous times with stupid penalties, turnovers, and mind boggling moronic play calling, they just might make an interesting enough game of it. Not that I'm holding my breath on any of that happening or anything.

Fuck it. I'm a Black and Gold bred homer to a fault, so I'll call it:

Tigers 27
Huskers 24

Thinking of driving up there tomorrow. What's a scalped ticket gonna' cost me?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

the dude has fumbled 5 times this year

he fumbled away a game last year, and should of cost them another with a bad fumble.

im unloading on nebraska, no reason to think MU can win in Lincoln, they got beat up by the worst nebraska team in 50 years last time in lincoln. havent won in lincoln since 70s ?

if i lose the game, no biggie, but this game looks to easy with the lowish line. i would of made nebraska -7 to -9 to start.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Any word on the Chase Daniel situation? I thought someone told me he was pretty banged up after last weekend.

Also, WTF is with benching Temple because he fumbled on a hit that separated his shoulder? That's pretty hardcore.
As far as I know, he's fine. The shrimp is a tough lil' bugger. They're pretty mum about injuries in Columbia though, but I don't know what you heard.

As for Temple, yeah that is hardcore. But adels right. One thing I'll give credit to Pinkel for, he doesn't tolerate fumblers.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Cosgrove will probably find a way to let Mizzou win. First thing he'll do is allow Grixby to man up on MU's best receiver expecting Shanle to NOT freeze on the play action (nice fucking safety we got there) and assist in coverage. I'm not a defensive guru by no means and I don't know shit about football as compared to most people in here but I do know bad coaching when I see it and I sure as fuck know a Div II player when I see one.

The only saving grace is the game is in Lincoln and Zach Taylor could have a big game with the usual minimal protection from his porous O-line.

Nebraska 28
Mizzou 17
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I'm sorry... I'm just trying to gather myself. I was at OU in the early/mid 90's and I just never thought I'd see or hear the phrase "we have a porous O-line" from a Nebraska fan.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cosgrove=sucks.

but when was the last time Missouri won a road game that mattered?
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Mizzou lost to a$m, you guys are dead to me now.

Go Big Red.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

the_ouskull wrote:I'm sorry... I'm just trying to gather myself. I was at OU in the early/mid 90's and I just never thought I'd see or hear the phrase "we have a porous O-line" from a Nebraska fan.

the_ouskull
Actually weren't you at OU in the early 80's mid 80's late 80's early 90s, mid 90's, late 90's and early 2k's?
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

Not sure what to think about this game after that game in Stillwater. I guess it depends which Defense Cosgrove decides to play. I have been a little happier with the offensive play calling the last two weeks. Callahan seems to be mixing it up better than at the start of the season. I think it will be a good game, because we don't blow anyone out anymore. The Huskers need to learn how to finish games.

NU 35
MU 28

Stuck in Pac-10 country where everyone thinks this is "REAL" football.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

we don't blow anyone out anymore
Au contraire, mon ami! We donkey punched Troy 56-0, which was a much biggger mouth buttfucking than those ACC pussies FSU put on Troy! 56-0, on Troy!

No faggotty Big 10 team could do that.

-bradhusker
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Rack Van
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

It won't even be close..........MU won't win another game this year
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Vito Corleone wrote:
the_ouskull wrote:I'm sorry... I'm just trying to gather myself. I was at OU in the early/mid 90's and I just never thought I'd see or hear the phrase "we have a porous O-line" from a Nebraska fan.

the_ouskull
Actually weren't you at OU in the early 80's mid 80's late 80's early 90s, mid 90's, late 90's and early 2k's?
:lol: That cannot go un-racked...
"Keys, woman!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:
we don't blow anyone out anymore
Au contraire, mon ami! We donkey punched Troy 56-0, which was a much biggger mouth buttfucking than those ACC pussies FSU put on Troy! 56-0, on Troy!

No faggotty Big 10 team could do that.

-bradhusker
Ya' know, Van... that i was hoping against hope that brad would drop bye and regale with how Mizzou pussies were gonna' get buttfucked in the mouf and stuff.

Hell, I might've agreed.

I guess brad is only here to call his money shot after the race is run.

Too bad. I sorta' enjoy brads ramblings... troll or no. He's an entertaining read.

Brad, if you are reading this... best to get in here and defend the Corn honor before the goddamn game, you cunt.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Best thing 'bout Brad is his prolonged absences from the board following any recent big Corn game.

Runs his yap for days...the game finally takes place...

...crickets.

Then, three weeks later, he's back reminding everybody that a mediocre Corn team beat a mediocre Michigan team last year in a parting door prize bowl game that's always been well beneath either program...

Bradhusker is the banging sneaker to our collective Jeff Spicolli's skull.

Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Neb should win this one. It is in Lincoln and and we are in a must-win situation. BC should pull his head out of his ass and do what was killing OSU(before stupidly going-away from it), pounding Brandon Jackson. But I obviously worry, our secondary is a seive and just when you think Stinkel is down he comes-up with a big game.

Neb 28
Miz 24
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I got to feel for Missouri fan. There they are in a state in which, like Nebraska, they are the only major college university that fields a D1A football team, yet they have been nothing but futility since as long I've been alive.

This has to be considered a huge year for you guys. You have two losses and are on track for a at least a 9-win season if things go the way they should.

NU, on the other hand, is still hoping for that return to the glory days when we were mentioned in the same breath as other championship hopefuls, but right now, being considered the 5th-best team in your conference just isn't going to cut it here.

With that said, NU plays a lot harder at home than they do on the road. Expect to see Callahan work the playbook to give the team success. Also expect our DC Cosgrove pull his head out of his ass and play mostly dime and nickel against MU. We're banged up hard at linebacker, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see a lot of support from some true freshmen in this game. NU's hope is to rush the QB hard and often in hopes of creating turnovers.

My wife has a bad feeling about this game. I'm not sure what to think because I'm so sickened by my team's 80th ranked defense and piss poor offensive line play to tell.

NU 31, MU 21
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

At Large wrote:I got to feel for Missouri fan. There they are in a state in which, like Nebraska, they are the only major college university that fields a D1A football team, yet they have been nothing but futility since as long I've been alive.

This has to be considered a huge year for you guys. You have two losses and are on track for a at least a 9-win season if things go the way they should.

NU, on the other hand, is still hoping for that return to the glory days when we were mentioned in the same breath as other championship hopefuls, but right now, being considered the 5th-best team in your conference just isn't going to cut it here.

With that said, NU plays a lot harder at home than they do on the road. Expect to see Callahan work the playbook to give the team success. Also expect our DC Cosgrove pull his head out of his ass and play mostly dime and nickel against MU. We're banged up hard at linebacker, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see a lot of support from some true freshmen in this game. NU's hope is to rush the QB hard and often in hopes of creating turnovers.

My wife has a bad feeling about this game. I'm not sure what to think because I'm so sickened by my team's 80th ranked defense and piss poor offensive line play to tell.

NU 31, MU 21
Somehow I don't think we'd be hearing all the excuses about the D if Bo was still here. LSU's is rated #1 in the freaking country. Maybe Bo will be in-line for the MSU job once some other big-names say no.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I hate to brag, but what I said was what pretty much happened. Callahan worked the playbook to put them into good positions as you saw a couple of gadget plays with the end around and the wide receiver pass to the endzone for a TD.

On defense, both linebackers Octavian and McKeon sat while some true freshmen played. Major Culburt, one of them, was responsible with shadowing Chase Daniels. He did a great job. The Defense forced 3 turnovers off of Chase.

I was surprised at how fast NU got to a lead.

So I'm being classy here. I'm not going to tell Missouri fan like they told us on this board after NU lost to Texas that they choked away a great opportunity by saying that Missouri blew this game. I just wouldn't do that. I also wouldn't laugh like this "Bwah Hah" and say "Fuck Missouri". I just wouldn't do that, either. I have too much respect for those cocky dicks from Missouri to respond like that. :hfal: :wink:
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

hey van? fuck off,
whats this, " mediocre nebraska beating mediocre michigan shit?"

ummm.van? its called being a TRUE FAN. ever hear of that? probably not you front running phoney.
see, when shitty nebraska beats shitty michigan, its fun. see, I am a dyed-in-the-wool corn fed stud. I follow my team no matter what.
and guess what?
TODAY we watched as ALL MIGHTY michigan and ALL MIGHTY ohio st. barely survived who? ball st.? illinois? do they have football programs? I wasnt sure?
see, there are idiots on this board, who have said, that in a couple weeks, the ohio st. /michigan game will be the national championship. REALLY? I didnt get that memo.
maybe its because I have a brain.

see. should nebraska get into the big 12 title game, and in a rematch with texas, actually beat texas, then what happens? we go to a bcs bowl game, dont we?
OR, and I like this also, nebraska loses the big 12 title game to texas, and we get a possible bowl matchup with the loser of the ohio st. /michigan game, probably michigan, I'd love another crack at over-rated michigan,
WHY? because michigan sucks ass, barely surviving northwestern and ball st. and I am supposed to think that michigan is MIGHTY?
bring it on faggotts.
also van?
I'd love another crack at usc as well, see, no one wants to face nebraska in january, in the bitter cold, we'll fuck ya in the mouth, see, if you think oregon st. was tough, just wait till january when brandon jackson runs the rock down your homosexual throats.
ya front running phoney.

hey mizzou fan? we fucked ya in the mouth, with a big fat corn fed cock, it came out your ass,
next stop, texas a+m, then its colorado, then its the big 12 title game in KC.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

e wrote:since none of the other MU people stepped up, here i am.

that was a tough game for me to watch. i don't know if the other Mizzou guys in here felt the same way but once the tigers were down by 24 in the first half, i knew that was it. the final score was 34-20 but it wasn't that close. you can't turn over the ball three times and expect to win a road game.

props to brandon jackson. 176 yards of total offense doesn't hurt.
Nice step-up "e"
That's the worst game I've ever seen Daniels have and I've seen him alot.
Seems ever MU QB tanks in Lincoln, and I've been watchin' a looooooong time.
Last guy to get it done was Bradley? I believe....'78 with Wilder.
I was really worried Cosgrove wouldn't show up.
Ya know, quite possibly your down fall in this game was the fact 2 of our starting backer were out with injury forcing Cosgrove to play all nickel and some dime.
True freshman Major Culbert was a refreshing change. Speed and 'tude.
Now if Cosgrove grows a pair he'll get Thenarese on the field and show Shanle a little spectator time.
Anyway, thanks for takin' your lumps and good luck the rest of the way....I don't want Pinkel to leave any too soon.
I don't much think WW will be so graceful.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bradhukser wrote:I'd love another crack...
We know, dude, we know. It's painfully obvious.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

e wrote:since none of the other MU people stepped up...
I'm still trying to recover from the binge of self-pity and loathing that I went on.
that was a tough game for me to watch.
Excruciatingly PAINFUL, it was for me as well. That stung... it still does.

(ps, eric. A KC win over the Lambs today will ease some of the pain. A loss may send me to the emergency room with an acute anxiety attack.)

Oh well, there's always next year, right?

Props to the Cornhuskers. I'll look forward to seeing about 50,000 of the best fans in CFB down here in KC come December. Enjoy Arrowhead.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

hey, you mizzou fans arent so bad after all, I take back all the shit I spewed.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

e wrote:since none of the other MU people stepped up...

i bet nebrASKA -5, I TOLD YOU BEFORE THE SEASON mu WOULD GO 4-0 VS CREAM PUFFERS

4-4 in conference, possibly 3-5 or even 5-3 in conference.

i also said they wouldnt win in lincoln.

and for christs sake, i had severe food poisoning from emperors wok, and have been out of action since sat morning. did i need to check in while sick?? is it ok to wait a day or so, to state that i was right, and MU lost in lincoln???? step up???

c'mon E,

pinkel and dave c are fuckin horrid, i hope he rots in hell.