Edited: Official meltdown thread

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Edited: Official meltdown thread

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I didn't see KC's other thread about the game, so I might as well use this one as my meltdown.

I am self-imposing a ban after this post. I just noticed I'm at 1000 anyway (see the other thread for my epic 1000th post). I am not going to post again in this forum until CU wins a fucking game. This makes 10 in a row now dating back to last season. Worst losing streak since the early 60s. It's pretty sad that even in the Chuck Fairbanks, powder blue unis era, CU never sucked this bad. Next week will make 11 in a row, which will set a new CU record for futility.

At this point, I don't see a winnable game on the schedule. That's not to say that they won't pull one out of their asses somehow, some way, but they should be the underdog for the rest of the games they play, and deservedly so.

I really want to believe that this is just a transitional year, but Hawkins has shown me absolutely nothing to give me hope for the future. The only goal he's accomplished so far is making the fans less rowdy.

Congrats, Hawkins. You've humbled the fan base into submission.

Here's something I'm sick of hearing: "The coaching staff has really scaled back the playbook for Bernard Jackson." Why is that, exactly? He has been a QB in this system just as long as everyone else. Why does he need a scaled-back playbook? Is a half-wit like VY? The kid has amazing potential, but if he can't handle the whole playbook, maybe they should burn Cody Hawkins' redshirt. I know it'd be stupid at this point, but c'mon. How fucking long does it take for B Jax to learn the plays? Or is it Hawkins who just doesn't have enough confidence in him?

Fuck this. I am done. There is no point in posting on this board anymore. This is a college football forum. Until CU shows that they belong on the same field as real college football teams, I will refrain from interrupting you guys' conversations about real college football.

Adel,
You never did tell me what my sig should be. Let me know and I'll attach it. I won't remove it until CU wins two games.

To the rest of you all,
It's been fun posting with you all over the years. I'll stll lurk around here, of course. Maybe I'll even be back this season, but it doesn't look hopeful. Enjoy the rest of the season watching real college football.

Fuck Dan Hawkins. Fuck his whole "group hug/moral victory" mentality. Fuck whoever thought it was a good idea to hire him. Fuck all of this shit. I am out.
Last edited by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan on Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Keys, woman!"
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Yeah, no shit. If Baylor loses to CU, there's gonna be a rush for shower rods in Texas.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Edited: Official meltdown thread

Post by War Wagon »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
Fuck this. I am done. There is no point in posting on this board anymore.
Yep.

Nice meltdown, pussy.

There are better ways to burn out and then fade away than starting and then editing a thread about it.

Sayonara.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Hmmm. Neverbeen Mizzou fan already acting like Texas fan (as if you've already won the conference). Hang in there, M-Dub.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Neverbeen?

Feel free to get a clue.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Oh I'm sorry, is there a Big 12 North or outright championship you guys have won that you have stashed somewhere?

Also, Missouri fan calling a CU fan a pussy is pretty fucking funny.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Right. I was referring to a Big 12 title, but the fact that they've never had one since I've been born isn't great either.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

At Large wrote:Oh I'm sorry, is there a Big 12 North or outright championship you guys have won that you have stashed somewhere?
What does that have to do with it?

Answer: Nothing.
Also, Missouri fan calling a CU fan a pussy is pretty fucking funny.
When you publically bail on your team, you are a pussy.

Doesn't matter who you root for.

Get a clue.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:When you publically bail on your team, you are a pussy.

Get a clue.
RACK Wags.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I've known M-Dub a lot longer than Wags. He's been here through wins and losses. I'm willing to cut him some slack here.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Mike is one of my favorite posters. I hope they win a game soon.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Mike please don't let the team hungus you. You add to much here.

I am telling you flat out what your team is going through is Ward Churchill karma.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

Dub will never actually bail on his team. I have always been impressed that he can stick with his shitty team and find a bright spot to cheer for. We went to the bar last night and he was sporting his CU shirt and hat. He will never bail! He is one of the truest fans you will ever see. I kinda like the melt down though. I got a bad feeling CU is going 1-11 with a win on the Friday after Thanksgiving. They will pull some shit out and play like USC against us. BTW, if that happens all CU fans would be happy with the season.

Stuck in Pac-10 country where everyone thinks this is "REAL" football.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Nolesy wrote:
I am telling you flat out what your team is going through is Ward Churchill karma.

:lol:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Here's something I'm sick of hearing: "The coaching staff has really scaled back the playbook for Bernard Jackson." Why is that, exactly? He has been a QB in this system just as long as everyone else. Why does he need a scaled-back playbook? Is a half-wit like VY? The kid has amazing potential, but if he can't handle the whole playbook, maybe they should burn Cody Hawkins' redshirt. I know it'd be stupid at this point, but c'mon. How fucking long does it take for B Jax to learn the plays? Or is it Hawkins who just doesn't have enough confidence in him?
I'll reset what I said on the other thread: Jackson AIN'T a QB. Even in a program that emphasizes the run (which Hawkins's offense doesn't) a QB has to be able to throw the ball down field with reasonable accuracy. When Jackson throws the ball, nobody really knows for sure where the fuck it's going- not even Jackson. And he makes horrible decisions. He may have been a great high-school athlete, but so was just about everybody else he's playing with & against at the major college level. He doesn't need a hug, he needs a boot in the ass and some time on the bench.

At this point in the season, there isn't much to ba gained burning Cody Hawkins' redshirt year, but after thinking about it, I think they'd have more success trying to make Cox to be a better runner than they'll have trying to make Jackson an adequate passer.

Fuck Dan Hawkins. Fuck his whole "group hug/moral victory" mentality. Fuck whoever thought it was a good idea to hire him. Fuck all of this shit. I am out.
Bring back Bill Mallory?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

88 wrote:Keep the faith brother. At least you aren't Michigan State.
0-6 with a loss to a 1AA is worse than Michigan State?

Mmmmmmmmmkay, then.

Not so much.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

At Large wrote:I've known M-Dub a lot longer than Wags. He's been here through wins and losses. I'm willing to cut him some slack here.
Fair enough.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh, and if so, I apologize.

I just don't cotton to anyone who throws their supposed team under the bus, regardless of the circumstances

Just so some of you guys know, I've been an ardent Mizzou fan since day one. I've worn that AV thru the absolute worst of times (Ricky Clemons), and that won't change.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Hang in there Dub.

While I can say I feel somewhat warm and fuzzy at the situation CU is experiencing, I felt Hawkins was a good hire and in the end will get it turned around.
Isn't he off and running with a pretty good recruiting class? (7 three star players so far)
Besides, they've had moments of improvement and from what I've seen, (which ain't much).. seem to play hard.

I'm gonna take a look at your schedule...hang on---

OK, you'll lose the next three and go on a 2 gamer after that!

ISU has a bad defense and KSU is not gonna win in Boulder with freshman Josh Freeman.. NU's most hated recruit ever.

So you'll come to Lincoln all ready to rock and roll, and well....get rolled! <--------(That's for cuda.)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Quit being such a pussy Mike! :lol:

You need a game with A&M. Few years back you started out 0-4 and came in to Kyle and buttfucked us in the mouth.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:until CU wins two games.
one down, one to go...

I just hope this doesn't get anybody thinking B-Jax is a QB, because he isn't.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Cuda wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:until CU wins two games.
one down, one to go...

I just hope this doesn't get anybody thinking B-Jax is a QB, because he isn't.
He's the best QB we have. I'd take him over Cox in a heartbeat. Give him another off season to get Hawkins' offense down, and he might surprise you in 07. Worst case scenario, we've still got Cody...
"Keys, woman!"
StrandedTexan
Jake

Post by StrandedTexan »

Welcome back!
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: Worst case scenario, we've still got Cody...
I'd call that the second to worst case scenario. Worst case scenario is still starting at QB
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Cuda wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: Worst case scenario, we've still got Cody...
I'd call that the second to worst case scenario. Worst case scenario is still starting at QB
C'mon, man. Why are you so down on B Jax? I know I was a little harsh at the beginning of this thread, but if you really think about it, the only game he's played badly in was the Baylor game. He's not the one who lost 6 games for CU. Look to the porous secondary if you want to throw blame around. B Jax took a step back against Baylor, but other than that, he's gotten better every week. You can't expect him to be a drop back, pocket passer throwing for 300 yards a game.

Look at the guys who are/have been game breakers at QB over the past couple years. VY, Troy Smith, Pat White. Guys who can make plays passing and running. I'm not saying B Jax is going to be a Heisman candidate next year, but I could see him giving a lot of teams headaches once he's had more experience in this offense.
"Keys, woman!"
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

RadioFan wrote:
War Wagon wrote:When you publically bail on your team, you are a pussy.

Get a clue.
RACK Wags.
Yep rack him.

Mizzou coach made some horrendous decisions though.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Believe the Heupel wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
Cuda wrote: I'd call that the second to worst case scenario. Worst case scenario is still starting at QB
C'mon, man. Why are you so down on B Jax? I know I was a little harsh at the beginning of this thread, but if you really think about it, the only game he's played badly in was the Baylor game. He's not the one who lost 6 games for CU. Look to the porous secondary if you want to throw blame around. B Jax took a step back against Baylor, but other than that, he's gotten better every week. You can't expect him to be a drop back, pocket passer throwing for 300 yards a game.

Look at the guys who are/have been game breakers at QB over the past couple years. VY, Troy Smith, Pat White. Guys who can make plays passing and running. I'm not saying B Jax is going to be a Heisman candidate next year, but I could see him giving a lot of teams headaches once he's had more experience in this offense.
Matt Leinart.
Jason White.

Just because a guy can make some plays with his feet and manages to get a knuckler past the line of scrimmage every so often doesn't make him a QB.
I agree, and if that's where he's at next August, then by all means, move him to WR or HB and put in Hawkins. But if he continues at his current pace, he will be a very good QB next season.
"Keys, woman!"
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Current pace?

Dude, he's still making the same throwing errors he's made all season: throwing into coverage, missing wide open receivers by several yards, holding the ball too long...

At his current pace, he should already have been moved to wide-out by now
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Cuda wrote:Current pace?

Dude, he's still making the same throwing errors he's made all season: throwing into coverage, missing wide open receivers by several yards, holding the ball too long...

At his current pace, he should already have been moved to wide-out by now
I admit, I haven't watched the last two games because they weren't on TV. But the games I have watched, I haven't seen him throw into coverage or miss wide open receivers at an alarming rate. If anything, I think you could make the opposite criticism - that he's too conserative and quick to throw the ball away rather than try to force a play.

Take the Baylor game out of the equation and he's 54/101 for 637 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs (one of which was a desperation heave on the final play of the Georgia game). Not stellar numbers, by any means, but not shabby either. Now if he ran a 5.8 40, I'd be a little concerned by those stats. But if he can get his accuracy up to around 60%, I'd be happy with that.

Then again, I admit I am kind of a sucker for dual-threat QBs. I just think it's more fun to watch a guy who can pick up a 1st down even against perfect pass coverage. It's part of what differentiates the college game from the NFL. If I wanted to see a bunch of statues just take a 3-step drop and throw, I'd be watching more Sunday football. I'd take an average passer with great speed over a great passer with average speed any day, but that's just my personal preference. As BtH has noted, both archetypes can be highly successful.

I just don't think Jackson deserves a ton blame for CU's terrible start. I would point to the secondary and the coaching staff (where the hell was Dusty Sprague up until a couple weeks ago? where the hell is Blake Mackey?) before B Jax. The only one you can really put on him is the Baylor game, IMO.
"Keys, woman!"
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

No, Jackson doesn't deserve all the blame for CU's down-the-drain season, but he's symptomatic of their problems. Barnett never was a stellar recruiter, but the last 2 years, he didn't bring in any talent at all. The Buffs would be just as bad if Barnett was still the coach. I'm just saying that B-Jax is not the QB of the future. Let him suck the rest of the year. Next year, he won't set foot on the field unless there's a series of injuries or unless hw switches positions
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote: Just because a guy can make some plays with his feet and manages to get a knuckler past the line of scrimmage every so often doesn't make him a QB.
As I was saying...

Sorry to pile on after the win, but I really thought CU would come in looking better than that after beating Taco Tech soundly last week.
CU's playcalling was pretty crappy. I mean, it didn't even look they were trying to win to me. i listened to the CU postgame show and Hawkins is talking some weird shit about blaming the O for "being ineffective". CU's OC should be fired before he gets on the plane.
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

It was kinda funny watching this game with Mike tonight. He was saying the exact same things I was when Nebraska played USC. He was bitching about the play calling and not even trying to win along with stopping OU on first and second down then dropping into a prevent defense on third down and letting OU pick up the easy first downs on 3rd and 12. It was pretty frustrating to watch and I am as far from a CU fan as there is.

I am still pretty sure CU will figure it out and play like they are USC against Nebraska. Happens every year they suck. I would rather play a 1 or 2 loss CU team with something on the line than a 1 win team that has given up on the season.

Stuck in Pac-10 country where everyone thinks this is "REAL" football.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Believe the Heupel wrote: Just because a guy can make some plays with his feet and manages to get a knuckler past the line of scrimmage every so often doesn't make him a QB.
As I was saying...

Sorry to pile on after the win, but I really thought CU would come in looking better than that after beating Taco Tech soundly last week.
I was surprised it wasn't 24-3 at half time
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Yep. That was a pretty infuriating game to watch. Now I know how Huskerfan feels when their coach is playing to not get blown out, rather than to win. I missed CU's first drive, but I don't think they threw downfield once until the last 6 minutes of the game.

Cuda & BTH,
Jackson pretty much proved you both right yesterday. I'm still not ready to write him off entirely, though. I really hope he improves over the off-season and hits the books. Even if he loses the QB battle to Hawkins, I can see him being a very dangerous player next year if they use him the way Pittsburgh used Kordell his first couple seasons - line him up at WR or RB mostly and give him a few snaps at QB. Maybe a reverse pass a la Antwaan Randle-El.
"Keys, woman!"
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

With Cox likely out forever with a broken thumb, All they have at QB now is Jackson and a back-up TE that used to be a 5th string QB.

Wonder how familiar Hawkins is with running the wishbone?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Just for the record, I don't think Barnett would be doing any better if he still had the job