Daytona 500 Picture Thread

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Daytona 500 Picture Thread

Post by patsy stone »

Ok don't make fun of the poor quality of these pictures. I had to buy a disposable camera from the gas station because I forgot my digital. I only had 27 exposures so I couldn't get as many photos as I wanted. You get the idea, though. It was a great time and some good people-watchin'!

(I didn't get any pics of the cars themselves. I am too short and couldn't get good shots of them as they sped by. And all the crashes happened on turn 4...the complete opposite side of the track. I thought they were all supposed to happen on the backstretch where I was?!?!?)

****DISCLAIMER: I'm not as creative and funny as BBQ with photo threads.

My brother and his girlfriend waiting in line to buy her a Dale Jr. sun visor.

My cousin Jeff, who waited with me while my brother and his girlfriend stood in line for 30 minutes. :roll:

PRE-RACE FESTIVITIES:

A boring view. Nothing exciting. I take great pics, no?

Some guy was trying to win free candy or something and had this contraption wrapped around his lower waist. He had to swing his hips and get the ball to swing into the little basket. It looked like he was trying to have sex with the air in front of him. I thought it was funny, so I took a pic. Yay!

My cousin drooling over the car in the Home Depot booth. The guy in the jeans was scratching his ass and I tried to get a pic of it. I was too late.

My cousin sitting in the Tony Stewart car.

Rednecks faux rock climbing.

Really crappy band. :(

Setting up for Speed Channel broadcast.

Setting up for Speed Channel broadcast - a closer look!

Lots and lots of Harleys. This was on the way to the tram that then drove us to the backstretch.

INSIDE THE SPEEDWAY - VIEWS FROM OUR SEATS:

^^^After the place was full.

"USA" spelled out in the sky after the national anthem was sung.

A really big flag.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST — VIEW OF THE PEOPLE SITTING NEXT TO ME:

A lot of ass scratchers there. Check out the guy in the white shirt! I'm always too late. :(

YUM YUM SEXY BEER GUTS EVERYWHERE I LOOK! :shock:

The rainbow-wearin' Gordon fans were sitting behind me. Couldn't get a pic without being obvious. There was also a chick in the section next to us with no teeth. I couldn't get a shot of her with the disposable camera. No zoom! And finally, there was an old lady about 8 rows in front of us wearing a tube top with no bra. She also had NASTY sores all over her arm and was scratching them during the race. I'm SO glad she wasn't sitting next to me. She mad me want to vomit!

All in all, I found that NASCAR races are FUN to attend and the fan-watching was humorous and fun. I think I'm becoming a bigger fan of racing!

Hope you enjoy my crappy pictures. :)
Last edited by patsy stone on Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Rack you Patsy. Looks like you had a good time.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Patsy, were you able to at least see the race with all of those hog bodies in front of you?

30 minutes to get a Jr. visor? You can get all of that shit online at the DEI website. I guess that's why they call 'em rednecks.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

Atomic Punk wrote:Patsy, were you able to at least see the race with all of those hog bodies in front of you?

30 minutes to get a Jr. visor? You can get all of that shit online at the DEI website. I guess that's why they call 'em rednecks.
Yeah. I took that pic while I was sitting and everyone else was standing. If I stood on my tippy toes, I could see fine.

And my brother's gf decided she wanted a visor when we were there to block out the sun, hence the reason they stood in line. I just don't understand why everyone ELSE was in line. You're right...they can get every item there online BEFORE the race!
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Someone I know very good bought you a friggin' diggy cam. The least you could do is USE IT!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Patsy Stone wrote:...they can get every item there online BEFORE the race!
That's not the point.

Standing in line at the trailers and paying exorbitant prices for crap is a requisite part of the experience of going to a race.

You don't ask how, you just ask how much.

:wink:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Thanks for sharing, Patsy!
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

PrimeX wrote:Someone I know very good bought you a friggin' diggy cam. The least you could do is USE IT!
I forgot it!!!!!!!!! :( I'm sorry.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Can I be PrimeX's ex-girlfriend too? I need a new digi-cam.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Well Patsy, at least you had a good time. I would have taken mucho picturas of the fans with my digicam to make me feel better about myself. That could have been real funny, tell you what. Yuk. Yuk.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I was laughing my ass off at the shirtless beer bellies surrounded by Patsy.
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

wow pretty close to where I was, When they were first trying out the Flag, it almost blew away because it was really windy, and I ran down to help our soldiers hold it.

It was also like a Bud commercial when the soldiers first showed up with the flag. A big standing ovation sent a warm fussy feeling thru me.
Last edited by jackass007 on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Patsy Stone wrote:And my brother's gf decided she wanted a visor when we were there to block out the sun, hence the reason they stood in line. I just don't understand why everyone ELSE was in line. You're right...they can get every item there online BEFORE the race!
They didn't have any #97 Crown Royal hats when I went, so I was pissed about that.
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

they had them at Kurts Royal trailer. I got a couple of seat cushions.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

jackass007 wrote:they had them at Kurts Royal trailer. I got a couple of seat cushions.
they didn't have the hats when I stopped by there