The first and second picks in the 2007 draft will go to...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

jtr wrote: Leftwich is overdue for a bad season.
Well, there it you have it. Can't argue with that logic, now can we?

Everybody should just quit asking stoopid questions and cease with the making of incredibly ignorant observations. Bow down before Jess and his superior football knowledge. We've all been taken to skool.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

mvscal wrote:
Adelpiero wrote: vy gets exposed.
:meds:
Yep, all he did was drop that little turd, then took off without so much as a courtesy flush. The Rose Bowl was some pretty high profile exposure, Adelle. VY will be starting no later than week 4. His weapons are barely mediocre.....kinda like UT's skill position players last year. Hmmmm

Anyhoo, back on topic:

The Bills and Jets will split and battle for the rights to Adrian. (Sorry TiC, your homerism is putrid. If you think Quinn is a better Pro prospect than Peterson then you might want to spend some time in the Crochet Forum discussing quilts, bridge, and the price of yarn in Nicaragua)

As to the 9ers and Cards, both will be improved this year. How much remains to be seen but neither took backward steps in the offseason (except the loss of Julian) so both should be better. Vernon Davis is a freak.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

War Wagon wrote:
jtr wrote: Leftwich is overdue for a bad season.
Well, there it you have it. Can't argue with that logic, now can we?

Everybody should just quit asking stoopid questions and cease with the making of incredibly ignorant observations. Bow down before Jess and his superior football knowledge. We've all been taken to skool.
:lol:
Not to mention that roster full of unknowns like Mike Peterson, Marcus Stroud, John Henderson and Donovan Darius. Buncha stiffs, I tell you.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

rozy wrote:(Sorry TiC, your homerism is putrid. If you think Quinn is a better Pro prospect than Peterson then you might want to spend some time in the Crochet Forum discussing quilts, bridge, and the price of yarn in Nicaragua)
Coupla thoughts on this:

1. Peterson is coming off a major knee injury. Thus far, at least, Quinn has remained injury-free throughout his college career.

2. Peterson has at least one year (and possibly two) of college eligibility remaining after this year, so it's by no means a given that he comes out next year. If he has announced otherwise, I missed it.

3. Quinn's tutelage. For the second half of his college career, Quinn is playing under Charlie Weis, who knows a thing or two about developing QB's, even at the NFL level. I seem to recall a certain former sixth-round draft choice who also goes by the name of Brady who won a few Super Bowls with Weis as his OC.

4. Different positions. A stud RB is relatively easy to come by, but a stud QB is a potential difference-maker in a franchise. Is Quinn that type of QB at the next level? Too early to tell, of course, but there's probably someone in the NFL who thinks so, particularly if he puts up numbers this year that were similar to last year's. Also, while a stud RB has a much greater immediate impact in the NFL, RB's generally have much shorter careers than QB's. And, of course, this heading brings us to . . .

5. Needs of the team with the #1 pick. This, of course, is the variable that can't possibly be known right now. But since you mentioned the Bills and Jets as contenders for the #1 pick, it should be noted that the Bills have a much greater need at QB than at RB, whereas the Jets have a greater need at RB than at QB.

So now I've provided my analysis. Why is it that you think it's so obvious that Peterson will be picked ahead of Quinn?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

rams 4-1
saints 4-1

oops
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Red: NYJ\NO
Cicero: BUF\SF
TenTallBen: HOU\SF
Shoalzie: TEN\STL
Th: ARI\SF
Mississippi Neck: GB\HOU
Diogenes: SF\BUF
Joe in PB: SF\BUF
poptart: STL\BUF
jiminphilly: TEN\SF
Adelpiero: NYJ\TEN
jtr: STL\MIN

Through a little more than the first quarter of the season, Adelpiero and Mississippi Neck are the front-runners with me, shoalzie, poptart and jtr having picked division leaders and jtr knocking it out of the park with a 7-3 record.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Th wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Diogenes wrote:The Cards should go about 10-6 and win the NFC west (barring leading the NFL in injuries for the second straight year, of course).[/b]
I laughed.

So did I. I hadn't realized that AZ's small fanbase and their myopia had escaped the 602 area code. Edge will spend most of his time blocking and Warner/Leinert will spend most of the season trying to stay off of the IR. There is no offensive line in AZ to speak of.

I really thought this needed a midseason bump.
Go Patriots! ! ! !