Washington State will defeat Southern Cal

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Washington State will defeat Southern Cal

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

The news on Jarrett was just enough to make me fire. Cougs 'll load up and come at JDB who will be sacked five times and throw three picks.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Fuck.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2601752

Fuck.

Like I said before, do any of you guys here have any college eligibility left?

The ability to run block and pass protect against blitzing LBs would be good, first and foremost. So that you don't somehow pull your groin or some shit while lacing up your cleats we won't call this position "Fullback". Instead, in order to beat the jinx, we'll call it "Elephant back" or some other stupid name denoting size, durability and strength.

Moving on, if you can run routes and catch balls that hit you between the numbers we have another spot that just opened up for you. Being able to run a 4.5 forty while being 6'5" and 220 lbs and an All American and a certain NFL first round draft pick would also be cool, but the main thing is you can't get hurt and you can't leave for the NFL early.

Got any friends who are pretty deece DBs and/or DL? Have 'em come along with you, just in case.

Anyway, maybe now we'll get a glimpse of the amazing talent that's supposed to be Vidal Hazelton...

This is just plain getting ugly.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Minus one made for NFL receiver
Insert next made for NFL receiver

no big deal
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Van wrote:Like I said before, do any of you guys here have any college eligibility left?
Put me in coach! I can DO it!

(credit to Luth for the pic)
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

There must be at least half a dozen 6'5" 250 lb teenagers eagerly awaiting to get their chance at LB on the Trojans. Surely at least one of these guys can be taught to get in the way of an oncoming blitz.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

There is a road loss headed our way at some point. Our performance at Arizona proves it. Pullman is not a good place to travel and we're down a substantial number of people. I could see it happening.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jimmah, it's funny how USC fans who follow the team very closely can feel it coming, and possibly all the planets will be aligned just right for it to happen up at WSU...

Meanwhile, Dins and Lax assure us a roadie at WSU is, has been and apparently always will be a gimme. Even right now, with all our injuries and our offense being so unexpectedly young and in near disarray.

Hmm.

Nope, I still don't like this game. I'll just take a win there, any ol' win we can get, and call it good enough. Won't be shocked if the streak ends there either, not at all.

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Will you guys knock it off! WSU is getting way too much respect from the USC faithful in here and on wearesc.com. You're all taking away the ambush factor. BTW if WSU does pull it off prognosticator props have to go first and foremost to the much maligned collegefootballnews.com who had the trip to Pullman as SC's lone loss in their preason forecast.

WSU is the only other Pac-10 along with Cal to have a victory over the Trojans since the beginning of the 2002 season. Of course, unlike Cal, WSU hasn't proceeded to try and parlay that one accomplishment into a justification that they are an elite program. WSU's had other relatively recent accomplishments to take pride in, including 3 straight (2001-2003) ten win seasons, a conference championship, BCS appearance and Holiday Bowl WIN over Texas. Only team other than Oklahoma to beat Mac Brown since early in the 2003 season.

So it's not like WSU is a complete nobody with no track record for big wins. People forget the recent success because they had a rebuilding season in 04 (which was more that deserved) and a freakish season last year, in which they had talent, but somehow managed to Coug-It to such a degree that they lost 7 games in which they had a chance to win in the last few minutes or plays. Not, "they were competittive in all of those losses" but no, they actually had a chance to win each and every one of those seven games in the final moments. The fact that they lost them all was truly an accomplishment. They only game in which they were outmanned was against USC.

They were outmanned in the 2nd half against Auburn this year. But led 7-6 after a quarter, and trailed only 26-14 near the end of the 3rd when Auburn ran a successful fake punt which led to the barners putting it out of reach. Starting tailback Demarcus Wooridge was running well in the first half until a deep thigh bruise put him out of the game. WSU was also missing half its starting D line to injuries which really hurt late in the game.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

SC injuries? A factor?

Doesn't SC put 2nd and 3rd stringers, who rarely see any snaps at Saturdays, into the NFL?

How depleted can they be?
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

You've got to be kidding me you fucking tool. WSU is a tough road game. The toughest thing is the trip. Having to fly into one shitty little airport than take a bus to another across the border....give it a rest. Oh, poor Dwayne is hurt. I hope his ass has a career ending injury next time.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

thats rather Brad of you hoping for a career ender on a kid
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, they're depleted in that the guys they're putting in now have talent, yeah, but no game experience.

Yeah, they reload, with NFL prospects. Still:

-Starting RB, your career leader in TDs, and only a junior: Gone, prematurely, to the NFL.

-Your Heisman Trophy winning All Purpose back, also only a junior: Gone, prematurely, to the NFL.

-Your two best OL, both underclassmen: Gone, prematurely, to the NFL.

-Your best DB: Gone, prematurely, to the NFL.

-Your Heisman winning QB: Gone, but at least he stuck it out through his senior season.

Now, there's the rub. It's one thing to lose a senior to graduation. You know those are coming and you've groomed his replacement, hopefully for a season or two. That's the case with JDB, who is performing with the polish one would expect of a guy who had a lot of time to prepare for this assignment plus a set time table in which to get himself ready for it.

It's quite another though to lose all your best underclassmen, prematurely. Those types of losses leave gaping holes in your plans because their back ups weren't supposed to be playing yet PLUS you're losing the stellar performance you knew you'd get from your returning senior All Americans.

Basically, go ahead and imagine USC right now if they still had Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Darnell Bing and their two best OL. Put those guys on this current USC team, a team which sees its defense returning to its 2004 form with some of last year's injury woes hopefully being a thing of the past.

So, that's our starting point this year. Good, but with all sorts of unproven high end talent. Good, but troubled.

Now, here come the injuries....

Our best DB...gone for the year, injured in the Arkansas game.

Our first string, second string and now even our third string FB...toast.

Our one lone returning skill position All American, junior WR Dwayne Jarrett...out for two to four weeks.

Bottom line, yeah, we have tons of talent but so much of it is untested talent and we're in trouble. Our team is playing in SEC Mode right now, ie, relying on its defense to beat down teams while hoping the offense stays out of its own way and doing just enough to secure the win. That's not the position we're used to being in and that's not the position we were expecting to be in, killer recruiting classes or not...

So, pretty much, yeah, this WSU game is scary to USC Fan. We're going to lose eventually, obviously, and this one just has that feel to it. I expect us to either win ugly or lose outright. I'll be a bit surprised if we roll WSU in this one. Our D is up to it but I just don't see our depleted and inexperienced O being able to do enough to push this one into a blow out win...

The bright side to all this is that looking at our entire current roster, man but there's hardly any seniors on the team, much less seniors who have key roles. If USC can keep Jarrett and their other underclassmen around USC will be an absolute monster next season.

Somebody better take 'em down this year, and soon, before all that young talent gains their sea legs. If USC manages to go unscathed all the way to the ND game then look out, their current two seasons plus regular season winning streak may extend another couple of seasons.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:There is a road loss headed our way at some point. Our performance at Arizona proves it. Pullman is not a good place to travel and we're down a substantial number of people. I could see it happening.

At 5-star U, ya just plug in another and let him play.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

I like it! Good start to the week from a karma perspective!

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:Meanwhile, Dins and Lax assure us a roadie at WSU is, has been and apparently always will be a gimme.

I'd love to see a link to that.

I'll hold my breath.

Not sure what sort of leap-of-logic Van took to get "WSU is always an easy roadie" out of "Bad football weather is rare in Eastern Washington this time of year."

Then again, I've grown fairly used to Van saying ridiculous shit, and making shit up to support his side of whatever "argument" he assigns another person's words to.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'm kinda likin' WSU +17 in this one, but I think I'll stay away.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'm kinda likin' WSU +17 in this one, but I think I'll stay away.
Probably a good one to avoid, even as tempting as home dogs are. If you put a gun to my head and made me bet it, I'll take a home dog every time.

But this one kinda sucks. We'll see if the line moves much.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, this wouldn't be a bad spot to take the home dog, definitely...

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dins, I lumped you and Lax together there because Lax scoffed at the idea of USC losing there and you scoffed at the idea of potential bad weather there. Nonetheless, you are correct so in all fairness I must admit that no, you didn't say the WSU game is, has been and always will be a gimme.

My apologies. Full on Monty Python/John Cleese style apology.

Hope I didn't do your reputation any permanent damage by besmirching it so...

:-)

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Shoot, I better do what I can to help out the gambling vibe that's picking up in this thread.

Last Ten Years, WSU-USC.

1996 @ Pullman. 24-29. (WSU led 17-3. Coug'd it. Spread would have been close to pick-em at that point in that season.)
1997 @ SoCal. 28-21. (Leaf Rose Bowl year. WSU led 21-0. Held on. Second game of season, so USC was around -7 I recall.)
1998 @ Pullman. 14-42. (USC big fav)
1999 @ Pullman. 28-31. (USC big fav)
2000 @ SoCal 33-27. (USC big fav. This game was probably the fork that was stuck into Paul Hackett.)
2001. Did not play.
2002 @ Pullman. 30-27 OT. (Gesser Roser Bowl/Palmer Heisman year. Close to pickem I recall.)
2003 @ SoCal. 16-43 (USC Co-MNC. WSU Holiday Bowl over Texas.)
2004 @ Pullman. 14-42 (USC MNC)
2005 @ SoCal. 13-55 (Only Pac-10 game WSU didn't have a legitimate chance to win.)

Stright-up. USC leads 6-3. Has won last three comfortably. Carroll is 3-1.
ATS. I'm going to say it's pretty 50/50. Probably 5-4 either way.
ATS in Pullman. I would guess 3-2 either way.

BTW. Up until at least late October, Pullman has some of the best football weather in the country.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Up until at least late October, Pullman has some of the best football weather in the country.
Nah, it'll probably rain in the desert that day, despite entrenched high pressure.

Sin,
Van, football meterologist
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

OK...fuck it. This thread needs some juice.

FUCK THE COUGS, WE WILL BEND THEM OVER AND POLE-HAMMER THEM USING TABASCO AND GRAVEL AS LUBE.

Let's open the picture story book, shall we?

Bitch, get off me. I've banged hot women who are bigger than you.

Six, bitch. I guess this toaster was set to dark.

Bwahahha. This is like playing NCAA 2006 against a six year old.

Fuck. Not a lot of time left and we're down 40. Just run the ball, let's get the fuck out of here.

FYI guys, you're supposed to tackle the guys in red. Just sayin.

My friend Marcus Allen once told me it's tough to win games when you drop the rock. Just sayin.

Hey! Doba! You suck!

Where the fuck did my guys go? Let's see if I can hit the guy with the microphone at the 40.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RACK Meds!

Sin,
Onterrio Smith

Gratuitous Onterrio reference provided to get CougIt fan worked to a lather, thereby making his saturday-evening melt all the better
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

No fucking way Wazzou wins this game unless this game refers to a grudge match to see which team can assplow the most ruminants.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Here's a good one. Obligitory make fun of the name "Booty" on Cougfan, and someone suggests a headline should WSU win,

With Bush Gone, Booty Exposed

Others remarked that "John David Booty" sounds like the name of a sexual predatory or serial killer.

He was a nice neighbor, but he was quite and mostly kept to himself