T.O. rushed to hospital- Reported suicide attempt?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

PrimeX
Koko B1

T.O. rushed to hospital- Reported suicide attempt?

Post by PrimeX »

T.O. taken to emergency room

Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room for an undisclosed reason Tuesday night, and doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys receiver were trying to induce vomiting, according to a television report.

Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew to Baylor Medical Center, Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT reported, citing sources the television station did not identify. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not immediately returned Tuesday night. The hospital told the AP that they do not have a patient registered by Owens' name.

KTVT said a Dallas police spokesperson was en route to the hospital to talk about a "high profile case."

link

This morning the Ticket in Dallas is reporting it as a possible suicide attempt. They're saying that 911 was called and the police or paramedics asked him if this was an attempt to take his life and he responded "yes".

His publicist says nay!
Linkage.

Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens was hospitalized Tuesday night after suffering an allergic reaction to pain medication likely being taken for his broken right hand, according to newspaper and broadcast reports.

"This is not serious," Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge said in Wednesday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Dude bathes in attention.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

cbs11
DPD Report Says Owens Attempted Suicide
(CBS 11 News) Terrell Owens told police he attempted suicide last night.

CBS 11 News first reported the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver was wheeled into Baylor Medical Center Tuesday night.

According to the Dallas Police Department incident report, Ownes told police he took more than 30 pills in a suicide attempt.

Sources tell CBS 11 News Owens was taken to Baylor Hospital by Dallas Fire Rescue and that emergency room doctors attempted to induce vomiting.

Baylor Hospital officials continue to deny Owens received treatment, however, federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

Two weeks ago Owens broke his hand during a football game against the Washington Redskins.

Earlier Tuesday, Parcells said he expected Owens to rejoin his teammates at practice Wednesday and would start Sunday in Tennessee if he proves he can play.

"It's just, can he withstand the pain of catching the ball?" Parcells said. "When he can stand it, he can play."

The Cowboys had a bye last weekend, so Owens has yet to miss a game because of this injury. He's repeatedly said he'll play Oct. 8, when he gets to face his former team, the Eagles, in Philadelphia
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Another one succumbs to the crap of the media. Way to join the other tards Prime. Bode T.O.....AGAIN
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I for one would be saddened if TO killed himself.. at least wait till after the Eagles game so Dawkins can plant his shoulders square in the ribs of TO. A body slam would be nice too.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

DallasFanatic wrote:Another one succumbs to the crap of the media. Way to join the other tards Prime. Bode T.O.....AGAIN
Everything I've heard is citing the police report.

It's really sad for the guy who seems like the last person who'd attempt suicide.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

DallasFanatic wrote:Another one succumbs to the crap of the media. Way to join the other tards Prime. Bode T.O.....AGAIN
DO NOT SMACK THE MESSENGER!

The story was reported by WFAA-TV about 45 minutes ago. The details as reported: There was a woman with TO who placed the 911 call. TO supposedly had taken 5 of the painkillers earlier. Last night he took the remaining 35 pills all at once. The woman got him to cough up some of the pills. ESPN radio 103.3 received an anonymous call directing them to take a look at the Dallas Police report because their inital reports were wrong. ESPN homepage and the front page of Yahoo are also reporting this. SMACK THEM!
Last edited by PrimeX on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

I can see it now... a shower of pill bottles raining down the stands on the Cowboy's sideline on 10/8.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Can this fuckstick do ANYTHING right besides catch a ball?

I wouldn't weep for one less cockroach in this world.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BBMarley wrote:I can see it now... a shower of pill bottles raining down the stands on the Cowboy's sideline on 10/8.
As funny as that would be, Philly would once again be viewed as the villian. I say a simple chant of 'do it' would suffice. Where is Ripper when you need him?
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

From the smoking gun...

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:Poor little guy. I know he was going through a rough time with all the difficulties he's had feeding his children. Great signing, Jerruh. This is exactly what you needed to get your team over the hump and back in the postseason.

Honestly though, this smells like a setup for another "triumph of the human spirt" brought to you by Me O. I can almost see the solemn, soulful interviews on the Fox pregame show as Me O "reluctantly" reveals his battle with depression and injury as he "struggled" to return to the football field.

Why...I think I'm going to cry.

:meds:

As long as Pam Oliver is doing the intereview, I can turn down the sound just to look at her DSLs.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

PrimeX wrote:From the smoking gun...

Mind throwing that on Photobucket? I can't view pics from that website at work.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

In early morning news I see
Troubles for my Fantasy
T.O's gut pumped with urgency

I realize and I can see...

that suicide is painless
It brings on lineup changes
and I will have to start Ashley Lelie
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

He can finally reveal that he's gay.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Image x infinity.

Sorry, I had my blue and silver glasses on. I can't believe this dipshit. Next time swallow a shotgun.
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

Too bad he didn't accomplish this feat so he would go away forever.
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Sources say he would have taken more but had 2 drops.

BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Would the Boys get cap relief if he was succesful?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Nah, he just thought the pain pills were dietary supplements.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

T.O. has severe mental issues.

-sin,
Everyone but Cowboy's and their fans
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

IndyFrisco wrote:Mind throwing that on Photobucket? I can't view pics from that website at work.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Red wrote:
Everything I've heard is citing the police report.

It's really sad for the guy who seems like the last person who'd attempt suicide.
Not really, the guy is one of these daily affirmation types.

Too bad the Fuckin douche bag did off himself......

Man I sound cold blooded....but I hate that POS.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rack the Great Illuminator.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Attention whore.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A close friend of mine is a long-time EMS worker, and like he always says "when a man swallows pills in a 'suicide attempt,' he wasn't trying to kill himself, he was looking for attention and sympathy."

And as another buddy just stated -- "If I had to live in Texas to make a living, I'd kill myself, too."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Reports are coming out early this week that he was telling his freind how depressed he is.. fast foward to a couple days leter and he takes pills WITH SOMEON IN THE ROOM WITH HIM... I agree with Dins- the more I think about this.. the more I think TO is just trying for more attention.

Most suicide attempts are just that... Attention getters. People who are seriously contemplating suicide usually do not go around telling people how depressed they are.. its generally the opposite. The days before it happens they are reported to be in a good mood b/c they have made the decision that they are ending it..
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BBMarley wrote:People who are seriously contemplating suicide usually do not go around telling people how depressed they are.. its generally the opposite.

And statistically, when men do it, they're generally successful(much higher "success" rate than women, due to men generally choosing much more violent and much more effective means), and if they're not successful, they give it a damn good shot.

I guess he could have used a gun, but then his head would have accounted for some extra "cap space."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't think someone that "loves me some me" would try to off themselves. I'm sure he's got some issues but that really sounds more like a cry for help than anything or he has a sick way of drawing attention. I guess he didn't like the fact he's not leading off SportsCenter enough.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I thought he was supposed to speak at 1 EST?

Not that I really care or anything.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Taking a load of pills is never a serious attempt to die. It may work if you're alone but never if somebody's around.

A woman I used to know tried to so it with Tylenol, I guess it was the only thing she had a lot of around the house. She didn't realize that even though it wouldn't kill her right off she was seriously putting her kidneys in danger of long term damage.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

A woman I used to know tried to so it with Tylenol, I guess it was the only thing she had a lot of around the house. She didn't realize that even though it wouldn't kill her right off she was seriously putting her kidneys in danger of long term damage.
Dinsdale is your woman friend, right? Just admit it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:She didn't realize that even though it wouldn't kill her right off she was seriously putting her liver in danger of long term damage.
FTFY

Man, what a pussy this guy is.

Sin,
Ken Griffey Jr
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

It's all good. That crackhead errr "crack" reporter Neon Dieon tracked down the story.
"The fact that it has been reported a suicide attempt, he's laughed at that notion. It was a case that medication that was taken wasn't accepted well in his system with the other vitamins he's on," Sanders said.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9689202
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
fenway
beantown booster

Post by fenway »

Dinsdale wrote:A close friend of mine is a long-time EMS worker, and like he always says "when a man swallows pills in a 'suicide attempt,' he wasn't trying to kill himself, he was looking for attention and sympathy."

And as another buddy just stated -- "If I had to live in Texas to make a living, I'd kill myself, too."

I call bullshit....you have no friends.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

81 is practicing right now and will address the media later today. I fully expect him to squah any notion of an attempted suicide. T.O is a man of character and pride in his physical abilities and the truth will be known.

I blame the media using its power to keep a black man down. Truly a sad day in journalistic history.

[/sarcasm]
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

I dont know what happened, but his publicist if a lying bimbo.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:She didn't realize that even though it wouldn't kill her right off she was seriously putting her liver in danger of long term damage.
FTFY

Man, what a pussy this guy is.

Sin,
Ken Griffey Jr
Well, if you die from hepatic necrosis, your kidneys probably don't do so well either. Eventually.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

kcdave wrote:I dont know what happened, but his publicist if a lying bimbo.
No shit. That woman can spin in this press conference.

"He said, she said, I can't remember...it's been a long night."

DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

See. Ya'll overreact. Nothing to report here.

Trots this crap
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

PrimeX wrote:
kcdave wrote:I dont know what happened, but his publicist if a lying bimbo.
No shit. That woman can spin in this press conference.

"He said, she said, I can't remember...it's been a long night."

The tricky thing is that she is also his girlfriend.

I bet this turns out to be a huge misunderstanding and she overreacted. And the cops fucked up filing the report, allowing the media to read it.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK