St Louis

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

St Louis

Post by Mikey »

Nice ballpark. I'm seeing it for the first time on tonight's Padre broadcast.

I hope your team folds like a cystine-stabilized beta-sheet.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

W00T Cameron! Go Pads!!!

This late season shit is just crazy. I'm prouda my 'Stros for not giving up the NL crown without a fight.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

PrimeX wrote:W00T Cameron! Go Pads!!!

This late season shit is just crazy. I'm prouda my 'Stros for not giving up the NL crown without a fight.
Methinks Gar has finally learned that you best not leave Roy Hobbes Incarnate sitting on the freaking bench.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Damn, those Cards fans looked depressed.
I almost feel sorry for them.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Rack the 'Stros. Light a fire under StLoser ('sup Mikey).

And may as well rack the Nats for taking Philly tonight.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I hate to admit it, but I've got to give props to the Dodgers (ouch).
With the adversity they've been through this year, they've never given up and are still leading for the WC.
Nomah is blowing up the past couple of weeks.

In the past I would have been pulling for anybody but the fucking Dodgers to make the post season, but now I find myself actually hoping for both the Pads and the Dodgers to get there and advance.

Then I hope we kick your ass in the NLCS.

socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Game on, Mikey. Game motherfuckin', on!

:twisted:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

read the preseason predictions

evberything that is going wrong with the cards, i gave to you before the season. didnt watch game, had money on so. miss.

if they lose out, could be the end of larussa, hopefully the end.

some of the team have quit on him, happened couple years ago, these are the pitchers and players he wanted in free agency, now he reap what he sows. fuck him and duncan

i still think they win the division, which is a double edged sword. i'd like to see owners get the shaft, but i want the team to win. damned if ya do.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

lost 2 of three to the Brewers.
swept by the Stros
getting swpt by the Padres
why is my neighborhood on fire
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I guess I shouldn't feel so bad about the Tigers pissing away a 10-game lead from back in July and August. First place teams can get away with slumps just as long as the teams chasing them don't catch fire at the exact same time. This shouldn't surprise many to see the Astros make a late surge like they've done the last few years. It's much like what the A's do in the second half in recent years. The Mets are going to need to watch their ass...they are going to run into 3 teams that are playing playoff-style baseball down the stretch while the Mets have been sitting and waiting for the season to end. I wouldn't put it past teams like the Padres, Dodgers, Phillies or Astros to carry momentum all the way to the World Series eventhough the Mets were clearly the best team in the NL for most of the season.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Mikey wrote:Damn, those Cards fans looked depressed.
I almost feel sorry for them.
Not me.
Maybe when we actually win a plyoff game/series from them. Last ngiht I was just enjoying the look on the faces in the crowd after the 7th inning.

That look of 'damn....that fucking lights out bullpen of the Padres is going to shut us down AGAIN tonight'

That look.
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Fuck. St louis has got to win. I cannot sit through another emotional heart tearing final game by Clemens. :roll:
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

It's almost time to trot out the old video of the two crying Cards fans...

Seriously, Cards. Do us all a favor and tank the last few games. Nobody other than the oppostion wants to see your bully in action in the post season. Once Izzy went down, your post-season hopes went down as well. You might make it... But you'll end up getting punked and looking stupid.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

rozy wrote:
PrimeX wrote:W00T Cameron! Go Pads!!!

Methinks Gar has finally learned that you best not leave Roy Hobbes Incarnate sitting on the freaking bench.
Top of 9. 2 outs. Willy on 2nd. The Natural with a game tying single. :lol:

Come on Padre offense!
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Bruce Bochy is a moron. Why did he take Linebrink out?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

why do you pitch to pujols??? and a sidearmer to boot?

wow, you have spezio up next. i love it, but will never understand why you let pujols beat you.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

That is why Pujols is the best player in baseball.

How do you pitch to him in that situation?? HasBochy not watched baseball for the past six years?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

rack junkchin
Headhunter wrote:Once Izzy went down, your post-season hopes went down as well.
What the hell do you know? Izzy was a broken hipped hanging breaking ball served up after three straight walks. Most blowed saves in the NL. Him falling was a blessing to the team.

Getting punked and looking stupid just like y'all did in the world series last year, hh?

He took Linebrink out because the guy pitched the two previous nights, walked two batters and was out of gas.

pujols was the best player the first half of the year. he's been merely good the 2nd half.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Bizzarofelice wrote: He took Linebrink out because the guy pitched the two previous nights, walked two batters and was out of gas.
Yet had just struck out Duncan. If ya had to remove him, then bring in Hoffman. Or walk Pujols and then bring in whoever that bum was.
Bochy blew it. And I'll bet he would be the first to tell you so in a private conversation...
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Getting punked and looking stupid just like y'all did in the world series last year, hh?
Just like you guys the year before?

And you can't really be serious that you'd rather have a healthy Wainright than a healthy Izzy?

Face the facts, Bace. Your bully sucks dick.

That has nothing to do with the Astros, and if Bochy wasn't a retard, you might be clinging to a 1/2 game lead right now.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Linebrink struck Duncan out after going 3-0 on him. This was after walking two previous batters in the inning.
Headhunter wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
Just like you guys the year before?
Exactly. But I wasn't the one crowin'. That would be you.

And you can't really be serious that you'd rather have a healthy Wainright than a healthy Izzy?
Haven't seen Izzy do anything this year. When he does get a save, he had two batters walked in the inning. The guy was horrible this year. Wainright has a fastball and has a curve that can freeze people. Izzy is lucky to keep his hanging breaking stuff in the yard.

Your bully sucks dick.
100% agreement there. It sucked more dick with Izzy present.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Meredith is the best setup guy the Pads have right now. He had made Pujols look foolish last time they faced each other. Unfortuntely he threw a sinker that didn't sink.

Bochy's mistake, IMO, was taking Young out too soon. He appeared to be still going strong, had only given up 3 hits and was still around 90 pitches. Linebrink has been very undependable of late.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Actually, I wasn't crowing. I was stating that your bully will get slaughtered in the Post-season. I don't think that's really debatable. I made no mention whatsoever of predictions for the Astros in the play-offs. Just stated that nobody wants to see your bully. If that's crowing to you, then CAW Caw!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Boch is hardly a moron, but I'm mad at him for putting Cla in the position to pitch to Pujols.
In hind sight, we should have walked him. Ya think?

Sorry stros fans. I would have loved to sweep S.L.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Headhunter wrote:Actually, I wasn't crowing. I was stating that your bully will get slaughtered in the Post-season. I don't think that's really debatable. I made no mention whatsoever of predictions for the Astros in the play-offs. Just stated that nobody wants to see your bully. If that's crowing to you, then CAW Caw!
We have the best bully in baseball, certainly in the NL. They're the least of my concerns, little rest is all they need. Wouldn't hurt if we could score some runs a couple games in a row so we wouldn't have to use them.

That was a fucking BLAST by Albert, btw. Almost made it thru 3 whole games without getting Pujolized.....
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Loganfan wrote:We have the best bully in baseball
Detroit calls bullshit.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

PrimeX wrote:
Detroit calls bullshit.
I see you lopped off the 'certainly in the NL'

Detroit's bully have a better ERA than the Padres? I know it's tops in the NL

Hell......they're only a bit higher in overall ERA, and I'd bet their starters have a better ERA than ours.

Maybe not.....it's pretty colse though on team ERA

San Diego 3.87
Detroit 3.75
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

RK TEAM -----G --W -L -ERA Sv CG SHO ---IP ----ER --R --BB -SO -BAA
3 San Diego 154 30 23 3.38 48 0 0 ------482.1 181 201 141 382 .246
4 Detroit---- 155 20 18 3.41 46 0 0 ------444.0 168 189 176 337 .237

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/agg ... eason=2006

Statistically, the Pads are better most categories
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

TigerFan in here to interject...

The ERA and OBA is very close. The Padres stats are a little more impressive given they've had to work 38-1/3 fewer innings. The Tigers pen benefits from the fact the starter work so many innings. The starting staff has worked 16-2/3 more innings than the Padres...the Tigers are first in starter ERA and the Padres are tied with the Angels for second. The Tigers and Padres arguably are 1-2 in overall pitching.

Man-for-man...the biggest edge I'd give the Padres in the bullpen discussion is at closer. Jones is 37 of 41 on saves with a 4.09 ERA and 1.23 WHIP...Hoffman is 44 of 49 on saves with a 1.92 ERA and 0.92 WHIP. The Padres top 5 relievers in innings all have ERAs below 4.00 and only one under 2.00...that being Hoffman. They have three pitchers with more than 15 holds...Linebrink leads with 34. The Tigers only have two pitchers over 15 holds...Zumaya leads with 29...and of their top 5 relievers in innings, Zumaya is the only reliever under 2.00 and they have two relievers over 4.00 including Jones.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If you look at the bullpen stats, the top 4 or 5 are all very close. You can make a case for any of them by picking one category and ignoring the rest.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Loganfan wrote:
PrimeX wrote:
Detroit calls bullshit.
Probably because I had no argument with the "tops in the NL" part? Good eye though, slugger.

Mikey, I see your posted stats and raise you a young bully throwing to the DH vs. a bully throwing to pitchers/ weak pinch hitters in the NL. While I agree San Diego has thrown one helluva pen out there this year, if I had to choose I'd probably choose to ride the train Detroit has on the tracks. Guys throwing 99-102 in the seventh and eigth innings with few walks just owns.

Although, if I picked 'em they'd most likely pitch like shit while your vets threw lasers. That's just how I roll.

Middle relief/Long relief- D-town

Closer- San Diego

The suck- Brad Lidge
Last edited by PrimeX on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You've got a point, but not all pinch hitters are weak.

And besides, Doug Mirabelli plays in the AL.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

PrimeX wrote:
Loganfan wrote:
PrimeX wrote: Detroit calls bullshit.
Probably because I had no argument with the "tops in the NL" part? Good eye though, slugger.

Mikey, I see your posted stats and raise you a young bully throwing to the DH vs. a bully throwing to pitchers/ weak pinch hitters in the NL.

That's a damn good point.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

St. Loui down 9-1, 'Stros won.

Skeert yet?
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

1/2 game lead. Cardinal melt much?

SHOW ME SOME SMACK, REDFUCKS!!!11one
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Buwahahahahahaha i told many that this ownership was a band of soup nazis.

guess what they did now? they had the GM go after the press core and complain about the negative writing buwahahaha negative??? its softballs compared to new york and boston etc.

this team should be tarred and feathered, and sent out to pasture. quitters.

unlike most, it is actually funny, as a non larussa guy, this is the epitomy of his stint here, guys quitting yet again(sup vina) underachieving, and over managing.

take a look at the lineup he put out last night, and he threw marquis to boot.

Go Bluessssssssssssss
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

ps they will still win the division

atlanta wont lay down for asstros
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Carpenter lost time
Edmonds lost time
Pujols lost time
Eckstein lost time
Mulder lost time
Rolen lost time

Shut up, Adel. You are an embarrassment to Card fans.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Adelpiero wrote:atlanta wont lay down for asstros
They might have to for the pitching being thrown at them. Clemens doesn't scare me, but he is still better than the rookie throwing for the ATL today.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Rookies torch the Stros. Stros always have a hard time with guys they've never seen or seen just a few times.

Clemens will go 6, per usual. He'll give up a 2 or 3 run dong. Hopefully the Stros can get to the kid early. Otherwise, expect a 3-1 loss for the Stros.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...