talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

The Niners are back!

Post by M2 »

QB in the top 10... Alex Smith

Running back in the top 5... Frank Gore

m2 was the only one on this board to call him the steal of the draft... that's why m2 is "the truth".

Wide Receiver in the top 5... Antonio Bryant.

The Niners are the only team in the NFL, to have players in each of these catagories in the top ten.

Looks like "Norv Turner" has brought the triplet system from Dallas to San Francisco!
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Yeah.. against two teams in their divisons that are as bad as they are. Why not wait until they play a real team before you crown them the next Superbowl champions... 'K Snappy?
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

They'll look like a steaming pile of shit after next week.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

How many Vols are on the 49ers?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Let me know when the 9ers can beat the Cardinals. Then maybe we can talk about how they are "back".
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Yeah, they lost to the Cardinals, but the Cards aren't the doormat they once were. Also, if you check out the stats from that game, it's not like the Niners got their asses kicked. If it wasn't for the 21 first quarter points they gave up, it's likely they win this game.

__________SF AZ
1st Downs 19 23
Total Yards 393 367
Passing 286 283
Rushing 107 84
Penalties 8-62 11-85
3rd Down 0-9 7-14
4th Down 2-2 0-0
Turnovers 2 1
Possession 24:58 35:02
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

"The Niners are Back!!"

I think m2 was just excited about meeting them at the airport when they returned from St Louis.

(that 0-9 on third downs doesn't look so good)
Last edited by Mikey on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

jiminphilly wrote:They'll look like a steaming pile of shit after next week.
Kind of like the Eagles in the 4th quarter of last week's game at home?

If the Eagles get dropped at the Stick, it's lights out for the season.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

OCmike wrote:Yeah, they lost to the Cardinals, but the Cards aren't the doormat they once were. Also, if you check out the stats from that game, it's not like the Niners got their asses kicked. If it wasn't for the 21 first quarter points they gave up, it's likely they win this game.
21 points in one quarter?

Yea, they're back.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

The 49ers have a long way to go before they're " back " , and they beat the Rams twice last season with a worse team statistically . They do look like they are heading in a positive direction though , but the defense is still as thin as Nicole Richie .

I think a lot of FF guys who own Gore should be feeling pretty happy though . Let's just hope he stays healthy .
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

WhatsMyName wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:They'll look like a steaming pile of shit after next week.
Kind of like the Eagles in the 4th quarter of last week's game at home?

If the Eagles get dropped at the Stick, it's lights out for the season.
I won't disagree that a loss to the 49ers will make the 2nd half of their schedule all the more difficult but I wouldn't put a stick in them based on how bad the rest of the NFC east looks. As bad as the Eagles played in the 4th Quarter, the Giants were equally shitty in the first 3 quarters and this was a team that only lost by 3 to the Colts.

9-7 could win this division.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Re: The Niners are back!

Post by M2 »

m2 wrote:QB in the top 10... Alex Smith

Running back in the top 5... Frank Gore

m2 was the only one on this board to call him the steal of the draft... that's why m2 is "the truth".

Wide Receiver in the top 5... Antonio Bryant.

The Niners are the only team in the NFL, to have players in each of these catagories in the top ten.

Looks like "Norv Turner" has brought the triplet system from Dallas to San Francisco!

Add... NFL "Rookie of the Week". Manny Lawson.

NFL.com

Like I said... he was the best of the North Carolina State "defensive ends"(Mario Williams) the #1 pick in the draft.

Top of the backboard... much???

At only 6 foot 5 ???

Someone say... David Thompson? They both played at NC State.

Hmmm???

the truth
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Nobody.

Fucking.

Cares.
Thanks Nobody!!!

I feel the same way... I just don't have a 16 piece with chicken only, ready for delievery.

:wink:
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

drummer wrote:The 49ers have a long way to go before they're " back " , and they beat the Rams twice last season with a worse team statistically . They do look like they are heading in a positive direction though , but the defense is still as thin as Nicole Richie .

I think a lot of FF guys who own Gore should be feeling pretty happy though . Let's just hope he stays healthy .
^^^ Pretty much sums up my take on the situation. Let's not forget that the team the Niners beat was the Lambs.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Fucking.

Cares.
This Alex Smith fan does. So thanks for adding the T to another m2 Tard thread.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

rozy wrote:

Fucking.

Cares.
This Alex Smith fan does. So thanks for adding the T to another m2 Tard thread.
Word. As if anyone without a Misery zip code gives two shits about the Chiefs. Chime in when they win something other than a meaningless regular season game.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Raydah Parrot wrote:Nobody.

Fucking.

Cares.
How long did it take you to come up with that one ?

Terry ,

One position that has to emerge these next few games is the WR #2 . Hopefully Arnaz Battle ( from Notre Dame , no less ) stays healthy , and starts to reach the potential he showed ( albeit briefly ) the past few seasons . I think it's gonna be a while before Vernon Davis works his way into the offense ( outside of blocking ) , so Eric Johnson and Battle will have to make plays when defenses start keying in on Smith's #1 target Bryant . The 49ers have already started to re-sign players ( Spencer and Snyder are the latest ) with the remaining cap space ( remember when they would wait until the last minute to lock in players , and pay them a lot more $$$ than they were worth ? ) , and Gore is the next one they want to extend , but they really need to flesh out their WR corp with talent . Who knows where thier 4th TE Delanie Walker will fit in once he is healthy .

So far , Nolan and Co. have done a good job fortifying the team with youth , instead of capping themselves out with overpriced mid-tier Veterans . They are finally putting money into the O-line , and starting to keep much needed depth there . Hietman is doing a great job replacing Newberry ( and was a steal where he was drafted ) , and we have yet to see Baas in the lineup .

Two more solid drafts with defense in mind first , a healthy cap situation to sign quality impact FAs , and we may see one dynamic football team in 2008 .
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

OCmike wrote: As if anyone without an 816 area code gives two shits about the Chiefs.
FTFY

But the people that do live within that area code, care a bunch.

OC Mike is a Niner fan?

Welcome to Arrowhead next week.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

War Wagon wrote:
OC Mike is a Niner fan?

Welcome to Arrowhead next week.
Yeah, Mike is a Niner fan.

Should make for an interesting match up. Which I couldn't say the last few years.

Bronc's beat the Chiefs, yet lose to the Ram's, who lost to the Niners.

I wish my buisness didn't open a week earlier than usual down in Houston(found out recently) and had to give my tickets to some friends of mine that don't really care about the Niners, but love the NFL.

I was looking forward to talilgating with some guys from the board here, knowing how cool the tailgates are in KC.

Oh well, so is life.

The one thing I didn't like about KC fan... was they came into the games late, and left early??? It was kinda wierd.

Maybe KC fan could clue me into why this makes them look like Dodger fan?
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Yeah they're back. Getting kicked squarely in the mangina.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

9ers fan should be embarassed by the pathetic display of their offense on that fumble return. A 300+ lb man outran their entire offense on a 98 yard TD run? Fuckin pathetic.

Yea, you're "back". That is, if by "back" you mean back to showing absolutely no fucking pride whatsoever.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: The Niners are back!

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

m2 wrote:The Niners are the only team in the NFL, to have players in each of these catagories in the top ten.
Yep, and McNabb has more yards than all three combined.

God, the Niners are still horrible.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Looks like the 9ers have benched Gore. Unwar Michael Robinson snatching 2 one yard TD runs from Frank Gore.

:x

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Now 38-17.

Back to being the doormat for the NFL.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Like I said , they're still rail thin on defense .

Especially against the #1 offense in the NFL .

3 games , but still only 1-2 .

Which BTW , is the Steelers record so far also .
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:Like I said , they're still rail thin on defense .

No way Hines Ward would allow some 300 lb D Lineman outrun his ass on a fumble return.

Deal with it, they aren't "back".

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:Like I said , they're still rail thin on defense .

No way Hines Ward would allow some 300 lb D Lineman outrun his ass on a fumble return.

I didn't say they were " back " dipshit .

And there were no 49ers near that 300lb lineman outside of Smith . He picked up the ball when most players thought the ball was dead .

And both teams are still 1-2 .

Deal with that .
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:I didn't say they were " back " dipshit .
Fair enough. That's just the title of this thread.
And there were no 49ers near that 300lb lineman outside of Smith. He picked up the ball when most players thought the ball was dead.
Dude, I saw the replay. It took Patterson a good 15 seconds to reach the endzone. In that 15 seconds, the only 9ers player in the screen was Alex Smith. You're telling me that not ONE player on the 9ers was quick enough to even so much as GET IN THE SCREEN while a 300+ lb lineman outran the whole bunch of them?

Deal with that .
The difference being that I don't see a single team left on the Steelers schedule they can't beat if they can get back on their game. You know, the game they had last year when the won the Super Bowl?

On the other hand, the 9ers suck and have no heart.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Davis, the sixth overall pick in the draft, strained his calf while trying to chase down Patterson from behind. Gore walked to the locker room after the play, and Davis was taken out on a cart.
Taken off the field ON A CART? After chasing down an interior lineman?

THIS is supposed to be the most athletic TE in the game? THIS is the guy who was going to redefine the position?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

And Mtard proves again what a worthless fuck stick he really is. The Niner's get man handled for most of the game... Gore avreages 3.2 YPC, Antonia Bryant- 4 rec for 36 yards, Manny Lawson has 0 tackles, 1 assist- NO sacks. Now he'll be coming in to run his jizz covered cock dock that he has known all along that Michael Robinson was the answer to the Niner's running game... how he has known all along what he was capable of... blah blah blah.

The TRUTH is- the Niners ran into a real team and got their asses handed to them. The Birds started to go conservative in the third quarter- gave up a couple big plays that allowed 2 TD's.... then that garbage TD to end the game.

I will say this- Smith looked decent today. The few times he was given time to throw the ball (Sup' lack of a pass protection?), he was able to exploit the weakness in the injury riddled secondary.... but if Philly's pass rush keeps up (another 3 sacks today), I can't wait to see what happens when Sheppard comes back.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:I didn't say they were " back " dipshit .
Fair enough. That's just the title of this thread.
And there were no 49ers near that 300lb lineman outside of Smith. He picked up the ball when most players thought the ball was dead.
Dude, I saw the replay. It took Patterson a good 15 seconds to reach the endzone. In that 15 seconds, the only 9ers player in the screen was Alex Smith. You're telling me that not ONE player on the 9ers was quick enough to even so much as GET IN THE SCREEN while a 300+ lb lineman outran the whole bunch of them?

Deal with that .
The difference being that I don't see a single team left on the Steelers schedule they can't beat if they can get back on their game. You know, the game they had last year when the won the Super Bowl?

On the other hand, the 9ers suck and have no heart.
The 49ers have heart dumbass . They just don't have a defense . Hell , if the 49er defense could have played the whole game like they did in the 3rd , this could have been a closer game.

And the Steelers don't have a cakewalk schedule either . Plus , you don't have the Bus anymore , and you don't know if and when Roth is gonna make another off the field blunder . Good thing you have a bye before the Chargers game .

There wasn't one 49er player near the lineman , probably because they were all in the end zone , scratching thier ass . Running Gore 3 plays after he fumbled last game near the end zone was bad play calling IMO , especially since Robinson made it in the next series . Gore is a little smallish for those types of goal line plays against a deep tough d-line like the Iggles have .

The Iggles look damn good , better than the Steelers do right now , although they suffered some injuries these past 2 games.

As far as Paula chiming in , hell , I would throw a Sig bet in for next week , but I remember when an old Nyener fan tried that with him a loooong time ago .

:lol: :lol:
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

BBMarley wrote:And Mtard proves again what a worthless fuck stick he really is. The Niner's get man handled for most of the game... Gore avreages 3.2 YPC, Antonia Bryant- 4 rec for 36 yards, Manny Lawson has 0 tackles, 1 assist- NO sacks. Now he'll be coming in to run his jizz covered cock dock that he has known all along that Michael Robinson was the answer to the Niner's running game... how he has known all along what he was capable of... blah blah blah.

The TRUTH is- the Niners ran into a real team and got their asses handed to them. The Birds started to go conservative in the third quarter- gave up a couple big plays that allowed 2 TD's.... then that garbage TD to end the game.

I will say this- Smith looked decent today. The few times he was given time to throw the ball (Sup' lack of a pass protection?), he was able to exploit the weakness in the injury riddled secondary.... but if Philly's pass rush keeps up (another 3 sacks today), I can't wait to see what happens when Sheppard comes back.
The Eagles looked amazing in the 1st half today. They're a much better team than the Niners and they showed it today. The Niners basically owned the second half, which maybe due to a letdown when a team is ahead. The Gore fumble at the goalline early in the 3rd was really a killer. It basically went from a 2 td game to a 4 td game. Having a long pass to Bryant which would have given the Niners the ball at around the 5 yard line, but was called back do to a personal foul, was just another opportunity squandered by a young team.

There was no way the Niners were going to win this game, but they showed a lot of heart and never gave up. I feel good about the make-up of this team.

38-24 is a big improvement from 42-3 last year.

Congrats to the Eagles!

They have a very good team, and should go a long way this year.

As far as Bsmuck and KCFPaula... laughing at players getting injured, says more about you than it does about the Niner players or the team.

You up for a sig bet next week... Paula?
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco running back Frank Gore strained his abdomen and rookie tight end Vernon Davis cracked a bone in his leg on the same wacky play Sunday -- a 98-yard fumble return for a touchdown by Philadelphia's Mike Patterson.

Gore fumbled and apparently strained a muscle while trying to stretch over the goal line late in the third quarter. Patterson, a 292-pound defensive lineman, picked up the ball and lumbered downfield for the longest fumble return for a touchdown in Eagles history.

Davis, the sixth overall pick in the draft, got hurt while trying to chase down Patterson from behind. Davis was taken off the field on a cart and is expected to miss four weeks.

"I was trying to tackle him and I just pulled up," Davis said. "I didn't make any contact. I felt something and just fell down."

Davis said he bruised his calf in practice during the week and believed that might have contributed to the injury. Davis had no catches in San Francisco's 38-24 loss to the Eagles and has five receptions for 37 yards and a touchdown this season.

Davis acknowledges it is frustrating to have a setback this early in his rookie season.

I will continue to study and go on the field with the rest of the team and pick their brains a little," he said.

Gore walked to the locker room after the play and the extent of his injury won't be known until Monday. Coach Mike Nolan said he was questionable for next week.

Gore finished with 52 yards on 16 carries and also caught six passes for 22 yards. But it was the fumble at the 1 -- his third overall and second at the goal line this season -- that was his most important play of the day.

"It concerns me," Nolan said. "The second two happened the same way. He hits the pile and gets the ball knocked out."

Rookie Michael Robinson, a quarterback at Penn State last year, replaced Gore and scored on a pair of 1-yard runs. Nolan said Robinson could become the team's short-yardage back.

"I just want to be old reliable -- a guy who can always do his job and do what he's told," Robinson said.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

m2 wrote:As far as Bsmuck and KCFPaula... laughing at players getting injured, says more about you than it does about the Niner players or the team.
I'm not laughing at their misfortune. I'm laughing at your idiocy.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
BSmack wrote:
m2 wrote:As far as Bsmuck and KCFPaula... laughing at players getting injured, says more about you than it does about the Niner players or the team.
I'm not laughing at their misfortune. I'm laughing at your idiocy.
Ditto.
Really???
KFCPaula wrote:Niners lose RB Gore, TE Davis on same play

NFL.com wire reports

SAN FRANCISCO (Sept. 24, 2006) -- San Francisco running back Frank Gore and rookie tight end Vernon Davis were injured on the same wacky play -- a 98-yard fumble return for a touchdown by Philadelphia's Mike Patterson.

Gore fumbled and apparently strained his abdomen while trying to stretch over the goal line late in the third quarter. Patterson, a 292-pound defensive lineman, picked up the ball and lumbered downfield for the longest fumble return for a touchdown in Eagles history.

Davis, the sixth overall pick in the draft, strained his calf while trying to chase down Patterson from behind. Gore walked to the locker room after the play, and Davis was taken out on a cart.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bsmuck wrote:Taken off the field ON A CART? After chasing down an interior lineman?

THIS is supposed to be the most athletic TE in the game? THIS is the guy who was going to redefine the position?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Both of you are liars, and miserable people.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:The 49ers have heart dumbass . They just don't have a defense . Hell , if the 49er defense could have played the whole game like they did in the 3rd , this could have been a closer game.

There wasn't one 49er player near the lineman , probably because they were all in the end zone , scratching thier ass . Running Gore 3 plays after he fumbled last game near the end zone was bad play calling IMO , especially since Robinson made it in the next series . Gore is a little smallish for those types of goal line plays against a deep tough d-line like the Iggles have .
I saw that play yet again. People in the stands were able to get a freakin hot dog and a beer and get back in time to see Patterson score And yet not ONE of the 49ers "skill" position guys was able to motor down the field to catch him. Davis even admitted that he was never touched on that play. He just wasn't in good enough physical condition to run down a LINEMAN without tearing up his vagina.
And the Steelers don't have a cakewalk schedule either . Plus , you don't have the Bus anymore , and you don't know if and when Roth is gonna make another off the field blunder . Good thing you have a bye before the Chargers game .
Are you fucking kidding me? Just because the Raiders and Titans can't manage to put any pressure on a QB doesn't mean the Steelers can't. Rivers is going to get his baptisim by fire two weeks from now. By that time, Davenport will be somewhat up to speed. At least enough to be able to run short yardage and goal line plays.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:The 49ers have heart dumbass . They just don't have a defense . Hell , if the 49er defense could have played the whole game like they did in the 3rd , this could have been a closer game.

I saw that play yet again. People in the stands were able to get a freakin hot dog and a beer and get back in time to see Patterson score And yet not ONE of the 49ers "skill" position guys was able to motor down the field to catch him. Davis even admitted that he was never touched on that play. He just wasn't in good enough physical condition to run down a LINEMAN without tearing up his vagina.
Are you fucking kidding me? Just because the Raiders and Titans can't manage to put any pressure on a QB doesn't mean the Steelers can't. Rivers is going to get his baptisim by fire two weeks from now. By that time, Davenport will be somewhat up to speed. At least enough to be able to run short yardage and goal line plays.
If you read this thread before you post in it ( like you alluding to I saying the 49ers were back , when , if you had read the thread in the first place , you would have seen that I said they were far from being back ) , you would see the post game report that Davis has a cracked bone in his leg .

Hard to run on a broken leg .

But , even the announcers didn't realize that Patterson was running with a live ball until he was almost at the 40 yard line . The rest of the players at the goal line were , well , still at the goal line , not realizing a fumble had occured . Had that fumble not have happened , and the 49ers had punched it in , they would have been only down 14 , after getting thier ass handed to them in the first half .

So there goes most of your "theories" , especially the 49ers not having any heart .

As far as the Steelers next game : you can't look past the Chargers , because with a strong defense and running game , you don't have to chuckt he rock 70 % of the time to win . You of all people should know that , because the Steelers did that with Roth at the helm . The opposing team just can't turn it over .Nor can the Steelers . Not only do you have the Bolts , but you have the Falcons too , as well as the Chefs , all on the road . If the Jags defense can shut you down , the Chargers could do the same .
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

BSmack wrote:

Pssst, this is why nobody on the board's takes you as a credible poster...

There were no "skill" players on the field... unless you call them lineman???

Gore... injured

Davis... injured

Alex Smith running after "said" D lineman.

No wide-receivers on the play...

No fullback on the play...

Not only are you ignorant and ill-informed... you're one sick fuck! For laughing at a players going down to injury.

Maybe if your wife gets cancer we can all laugh about it!!! That would be hilarious!!!
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
BSmack wrote:No way Hines Ward would allow some 300 lb D Lineman outrun his ass on a fumble return.

Niners lose RB Gore, TE Davis on same play

NFL.com wire reports

SAN FRANCISCO (Sept. 24, 2006) -- San Francisco running back Frank Gore and rookie tight end Vernon Davis were injured on the same wacky play -- a 98-yard fumble return for a touchdown by Philadelphia's Mike Patterson.

Gore fumbled and apparently strained his abdomen while trying to stretch over the goal line late in the third quarter. Patterson, a 292-pound defensive lineman, picked up the ball and lumbered downfield for the longest fumble return for a touchdown in Eagles history.

Davis, the sixth overall pick in the draft, strained his calf while trying to chase down Patterson from behind. Gore walked to the locker room after the play, and Davis was taken out on a cart.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought nobody fucking cared?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:If you read this thread before you post in it ( like you alluding to I saying the 49ers were back , when , if you had read the thread in the first place , you would have seen that I said they were far from being back ) , you would see the post game report that Davis has a cracked bone in his leg .

Hard to run on a broken leg .

But , even the announcers didn't realize that Patterson was running with a live ball until he was almost at the 40 yard line . The rest of the players at the goal line were , well , still at the goal line , not realizing a fumble had occured . Had that fumble not have happened , and the 49ers had punched it in , they would have been only down 14 , after getting thier ass handed to them in the first half .

So there goes most of your "theories" , especially the 49ers not having any heart .
Meanwhile, their QB was backpeddaling for 50 yards trying to tackle a dude who outwieghs him by 75 lbs for the hell of it? And you're telling me that the rest of the team, who obviously didn't hear a whistle didn't think that something might have been up? Hey, I'm not even saying that they should have caught him. But they weren't even IN THE FUCKING SCREEN. They couldn't get within 30 YARDS of Patterson.
As far as the Steelers next game : you can't look past the Chargers , because with a strong defense and running game , you don't have to chuckt he rock 70 % of the time to win . You of all people should know that , because the Steelers did that with Roth at the helm . The opposing team just can't turn it over .Nor can the Steelers . Not only do you have the Bolts , but you have the Falcons too , as well as the Chefs , all on the road . If the Jags defense can shut you down , the Chargers could do the same .
The Steelers held LT to under 100 yards last year. They'll do it again. Out of the 3 teams you just mentioned, the only one that might give the Steelers problems are the Falcons, because they have a dominant running game and what appears to be a very good defense. The Bolts and the DOTRF will be quite properly spanked by the Defending World Champions.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown