Clarence Thomas is an idiot

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Clarence Thomas is an idiot

Post by BSmack »

[In the Hamdan decision,] Justice Thomas refers to Justice Stevens' "unfamiliarity with the realities of warfare"; but Stevens served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1945, during World War II. Thomas's official bio, by contrast, contains no experience of military service.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/6/29/212559/565

BTW: Stevens earned a Bronze Star. Seriously, how did this jackass ever get appointed?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: Clarence Thomas is an idiot

Post by Bizzarofelice »

BSmack wrote:Stevens earned a Bronze Star.
Swift Boat wrote:Yeah, but the act of heroism that got him that bronze star was by helping a soldier wounded in the leg that probably could have limped out of the crossfire on his own. He didn't deserve it.
why is my neighborhood on fire
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

And she's brilliant, right? :meds: !!
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Some Damn Retard
Elwood

Post by Some Damn Retard »

BSmack wrote:
[In the Hamdan decision,] Justice Thomas refers to Justice Stevens' "unfamiliarity with the realities of warfare"; but Stevens served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1945, during World War II. Thomas's official bio, by contrast, contains no experience of military service.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/6/29/212559/565

BTW: Stevens earned a Bronze Star. Seriously, how did this jackass ever get appointed?
So clearly he is an expert on military doctrine in the year 2006. :meds:
A BILL to Regulate the Hunting and Harvesting of Attorneys PC 370.00:

370.02. Bag Limits per day: yellow-bellied sidewinders 2 two-faced tortfeasors 1
back-stabbing divorce litigators 3 horn-rimmed cut-throats 2 minutiae-advocating vultures 4 honest attorneys protected (endangered species)
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The Seer wrote:Image

And you're not.
Ginsburg received her B.A. from Cornell University in 1954 and enrolled at Harvard Law School. Her husband accepted a job in New York City and she transferred to Columbia Law School, where she won a spot on the law review, becoming the first person ever to have been on law review at both Harvard and Columbia. She earned her LL.B. degree at Columbia, where she graduated not only first in her class but with the highest grades in the history of the law school, a trait she shares with Justice Stevens (who graduated with the highest grades in the history of Northwestern's law school).
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Justice Thomas should have consulted
Dinsdale --as Justice Stevens does !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Seriously, how did this jackass ever get appointed?
Because there had to be a token black guy who pisses off the left and the right.

Besides, some one has to tell crank jokes in chambers.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BSmack wrote:
He was a Gerald Ford appointee.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Clarence Thomas is the reason Anna Nicole's case was heard.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Swift Boat wrote:Yeah, but the act of heroism that got him that bronze star was by helping a soldier wounded in the leg that probably could have limped out of the crossfire on his own. He didn't deserve it.
Your usual bullshit. I'm beginning to see that Bace, is lies.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Goober McTuber wrote:

And you're not.
Ginsburg received her B.A. from Cornell University in 1954 and enrolled at Harvard Law School. Her husband accepted a job in New York City and she transferred to Columbia Law School, where she won a spot on the law review, becoming the first person ever to have been on law review at both Harvard and Columbia. She earned her LL.B. degree at Columbia, where she graduated not only first in her class but with the highest grades in the history of the law school, a trait she shares with Justice Stevens (who graduated with the highest grades in the history of Northwestern's law school).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't mistake the ability to regurgitate information as an idicator of having the ability to make sound judgements....just look at all the dumb fucking lawyers out there.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

And she's uglier than a barrel of assholes
FTFY
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

The Seer wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

And you're not.

Don't mistake the ability to regurgitate information as an idicator of having the ability to make sound judgements....just look at all the dumb fucking lawyers out there.....
Or just take a quick glance at "The Seer". You really are a fucking idiot.
Last edited by Goober McTuber on Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote: BTW: Stevens earned a Bronze Star.
For meritorious service not valor in combat. He was a cryptographer.
That doesn't mean anything in my opinion, i.e. doesn't lessen the fact he's got one.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

it does, however, lessen the bronze star
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Cuda wrote:it does, however, lessen the bronze star
More than I got, what about you ?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I believe Cuda's got bronze poodles.

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote: Deciphering coded radio traffic, while very important work, does nothing to acquaint one with the "realities of warfare".

And, yes, a meritorious BS is less prestigious than a BS awarded for valor hence the 'V' device to distinguish it.
Maybe not the harsh realities and horrors of combat, but intelligence and finding out what the enemy is doing or what they KNOW about what you're doing is very important and might lessen the "horrors" those earning a BS with V need to see.

Either way it most definitely does acquaint one with the "realities of warfare", from my seat anyway.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote: What is disputed is the attempt by Kos to smear Thomas as a dumbass by portraying Stevens as some kind of combat veteran which he clearly is not.
Granted, but still, as life experience goes .... Stevens has been exposed to the realities of warfare far more than Thomas has been.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:REMF's don't know anything more about the reality of war than you do.
Not true, especially in the case of WWII. They might not know anything about the realities of combat, but war is not all combat and the combat that does take place wouldn't be possible without the logistical chain, strategic planning, and REMF's doing their job along the way.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Goober McTuber wrote:
The Seer wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: And you're not.

Or just take a quick glance at "The Seer". You really are a fucking idiot.

One way to tell if someone is overmatched and having their argument drowned by facts is to breakout the "fucking idiot" card....

Feel free to serve as the thesaurus pinata in this here thread....

"goober" :lol:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

The Seer wrote:One way to tell if someone is overmatched and having their argument drowned by facts is to breakout the "fucking idiot" card....
Facts? The fact is that she had the highest grades ever at Columbia law school. Not that I have any great love for attorneys, but there’s a few of them that post here that could probably verify that in law school, they didn’t just regurgitate information. They had to take things they learned and generate logical and informed opinions.

One other fact that we have established here is that you’re a fucking idiot. Thanks for your help in that regard.

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote: You have completely missed the point.
Which one ? I think I got the point BSmack was trying to make. That would be that Thomas was somehow suggesting he had more familiarity with the realities of war than Stevens.

Furthermore I get the point that KOS and like outlets try to paint every single sympathizer that's served in uniform as Audie Murphy. Still doesn't change the fact, Stevens served during a major global war ... WWII. Thomas hasn't even "marched up and down the square" in drill.

Stevens gets the nod in terms of "familiarity with the realities of war" over Thomas.

Thomas chose his words poorly in disagreeing with Stevens. To me, that is the entire point.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Stevens gets the nod in terms of "familiarity with the realities of war" over Thomas.
Oh, I see. All I have to do is listen to a football game on the radio in order to know what it's like to play football in the NFL.

Great point.

No but you will become familiar with the game of football.

In order for your point to make any sense, the phrase we're dissecting would have to have been ....

"familiarity with the realities of combat".

In WWII, don't you think those losing loved ones at home were "familiar with the realities of war" ? What about the rationing and sacrifice necessary on the home front ? I'd say anyone experiencing that could put a bullet on a resume about "realities of war".
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Goober McTuber wrote:
The Seer wrote:One way to tell if someone is overmatched and having their argument drowned by facts is to breakout the "fucking idiot" card....
Facts? The fact is that she had the highest grades ever at Columbia law school. Not that I have any great love for attorneys, but there’s a few of them that post here that could probably verify that in law school, they didn’t just regurgitate information. They had to take things they learned and generate logical and informed opinions.

One other fact that we have established here is that you’re a fucking idiot. Thanks for your help in that regard.

One more time, s-l-o-w-l-y.....

She can have an IQ of 275, aced all her exams, split the atom for a high school science project, and STILL not be able to exercise proper judgement.....

or, to simplify even more for you -

If intelligence was the sole measuring stick for ability to lead and judge, would the Universities be so fucked up with psycho-geniuses that are laughable?

I hope this does it, cuz I can't draw pictures for you here..... :idea:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Oh, and P.S.

I am leaving for Santa Barbara in a few minutes for the weekend, so you'll need to find another babysitter.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I never claimed that intelligence was the sole measuring stick for ability to lead and judge. Your problem, Seer, is that you don’t agree with her judgments, probably based on your political leanings. That doesn’t change the fact that she is measurably brilliant. And that you are a fucking idiot.

The Seer wrote:Oh, and P.S.

I am leaving for Santa Barbara in a few minutes for the weekend, so you'll need to find another tard to bash.
FTFY.

Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Rack Hy Colonlick

The lady is a lot smarter than you Seer, sorry to burst your bubble.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:Oh, I see. All I have to do is listen to a football game on the radio in order to know what it's like to play football in the NFL.
Actually, it'd be more like a fan sitting on his fat ass at home with pubic hairs in his Coke who's never even played flag football criticizing a staff member in the press box for the home team.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

The Seer wrote:Oh, and P.S.

I am leaving for Santa Barbara in a few minutes for the weekend, so you'll need to find another babysitter.....
please don't, there are enough yaawhoo's as it is up here
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

If that's the case, mvscal has never won an argument up in this bitch.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Tom In VA wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
Your usual bullshit. I'm beginning to see that Bace, is lies.
Let us know when you discover that water is wet.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Smackie Chan wrote:
If that's the case, mvscal has never won an argument up in this bitch.
1. mvs usually takes the time to explain why someone or other is a fucking idiot.

2. seer's statement isn't even much of a truism. if somebody really is a dumb fuck, it doesn't diminish your argument to point it out. take radio fan's insipid blatherings for instance...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:In WWII, don't you think those losing loved ones at home were "familiar with the realities of war" ?
No. If Stevens had been a Navy corpsman who stormed Iwo Jima alongside Marines, he would be "familiar with the reality of war".

Shedding tears for young Timmy who is never coming home is far cry from slipping on his intestines and then idly wondering where the other half of his body is.
Wrong. If Stevens had been a Navy corpsman who stormed Iwo Jima alongside the Marines, he would be "familiar with the reality of combat".

You lose this one man.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:

Goobs is a fucking idiot.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Fuck all idiots.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Tom In VA wrote:
mvscal wrote:REMF's don't know anything more about the reality of war than you do.
Not true, especially in the case of WWII. They might not know anything about the realities of combat, but war is not all combat and the combat that does take place wouldn't be possible without the logistical chain, strategic planning, and REMF's doing their job along the way.
And it wouldn't be possible were it not for a guy screwing lugnuts on a
B-17.

Tom, I don't say this very often, but, in this case I gotta go mvscal and call you a fukking idiot. Still like you, though.

mvs made a completely valid point. Painting stevens as some sort of authority on the ugly realities of warfare because he earned the bronze star is ridiculous.

Dude is obviously highly intelligent and his contribution is every bit as valuable as a guy diving on a grenade to get the star.

So fukking what. Most folks think the bronze star is always rewarded as a result of someones bravery/stupidity. Unlike the CMOH and the silver star, the Bronze star can be awarded for merit as well as valor. This means that you just did your yob very well, or, atleast somebody thought you did.

So, basically, if Thomas said Stevens is not skilled in the art of doing crossword puzzles, busting out the bronze star for secret geek cyphering skillz would dispute it.

But, that's not the claim.

The claim is that justice Steven, although a very intelligent fellow, shares a common flaw in highly intelligent folks. These highly intelligent folks seem to think that everybody else is nice and law abiding like them.

They don't seem to realize that the world is chock full of arseholes who will do ANYTHING to get over. And when the other guy is not following any rules at all, sometimes, you just might have to bend a few rules yourself, just to keep it fair.

Unfortunately Stevens, Ginsberg and many other real smart folks who always sat at the front of the class sucking the teacher's cakh ferociously, never noticed those miscreant in the back shoot spitballs and looking at other kids answers. Thomas, on the other hand, has.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Tom In VA wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:In WWII, don't you think those losing loved ones at home were "familiar with the realities of war" ?
No. If Stevens had been a Navy corpsman who stormed Iwo Jima alongside Marines, he would be "familiar with the reality of war".

Shedding tears for young Timmy who is never coming home is far cry from slipping on his intestines and then idly wondering where the other half of his body is.
Wrong. If Stevens had been a Navy corpsman who stormed Iwo Jima alongside the Marines, he would be "familiar with the reality of combat".

You lose this one man.
Looks like TiVO or some other word twisting lawyer pos stole HBJ's pword. Give it back, asshole.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Both you an mvscal are typically nails in my book as well, but it seems the two of you are having issues with the difference between combat and war.

You might have a war, without combat, but you can't have combat without a war, something like that.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Put the bottle down, you fukking mic. It's rteally starting to show in this thread.

That last post may technically be true, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

The original premise here, that thomas is an idiot because he said mr war hero doesn't know what he is talking about, is horseshit.

Stevens, an admittedly very smart fellow was real good at cryptography. During the war II this ability was put to use cracking codes. For this, the country owes him a debt of gratitude. But, it does not qualify him as an authority on all things concerning warfare.

88 showed the actual response of thomas and it seems pretty fukkin' nails to me.

Perhaps Bsackless can take the actual writing on this matter and point out where he is an idiot.