How Amusing

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm torn between peanut butter and turkey breast...maybe I shoud have both?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: How Amusing

Post by Felix »

orcinus wrote:
lk_pick1 wrote: my posts get edited by a mod of some sort.
It's me, Margaret.
^^^^^^ self admitted culprit.........

you should be all over this lk......
get out, get out while there's still time
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Still looking for the amusing part of this thread. My best bet is to keep looking, find my keys and drive outta here.
why is my neighborhood on fire
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

lk_pick1 wrote:Yet, you edit what I post, you comment on what I post -

Next thing we know, you all will be the guys screaming "PRO LIFE, PRO LIFE". Might not be a bad thing, for a bunch of pathetic lefties.
Who edits your posts? Me? Keep lookin' chica. And just for the record, I'm a regsitered member of the GOP.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Felix wrote:
orcinus wrote:
It's me, Margaret.

^^^blissfully untouched by Judy Blume resets...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Toddowen wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Image

UnWAR Sherman for not hitting enough paydirt

Funny stuff.
rack his genuine "wood" paneling......
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Toddowen wrote:I try to shelter my kids from the sight of people like this as best as I can until they can at least differentiate between nightmare and reality.
Perhaps you should attempt to shelter your kids from your desires to have sex with them.
Bart Starr

Post by Bart Starr »

Felix wrote:
Toddowen wrote:

Funny stuff.
rack his genuine "wood" paneling......

Bart Starr

Post by Bart Starr »

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

lk_pick1 wrote:Still, I'm right. Un ban Katy.
Katy was run.
lk_pick1
Elwood

Post by lk_pick1 »

Felix wrote:
orcinus wrote:
It's me, Margaret.

Oh, you mean, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret. Yup, I read it in my youth. All preteen girls read it.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

thanks for that double post "Bart".......

we didn't get it the first time.........

be sure and tell everybody that Felix says hi...... :lol:
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
lk_pick1 wrote:post over here with the liberals
there are three dems and 50 GOP types over here.
:meds:
More like 3 dems, five GOP types, and 30 'independents' who hate everything that the GOP and Bush stand for.

Who all vote dem, of course.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Diogenes wrote:More like 3 dems, five GOP types, and 30 'independents' who hate everything that the GOP and Bush stand for.
Carol doesn't have that many trolls.

The Taco Cabanas here suck. Much better in San Antonio.

Btw, Larry-lover, Katy isn't banned. She just dropped a bobby pin in her taco and is trying to blame management.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Cripple Fight
Elwood

Post by Cripple Fight »

lk_pick1 wrote: Un ban Katy.

Yeah bring that dumb, gravy training cunt back in here so I can run her stupid hick ass again.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

RadioFan wrote:
Diogenes wrote:More like 3 dems, five GOP types, and 30 'independents' who hate everything that the GOP and Bush stand for.
Carol doesn't have that many trolls.
I'm pretty sure Bace does.

And they all master at the art of suckage.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Diogenes wrote:
RadioFan wrote:Carol doesn't have that many trolls.
I'm pretty sure Bace does.
Sorry, Susie. I don't have any. You'll have to find some other excuse as to "why everyone here runs Dio's ass".
why is my neighborhood on fire
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
lk_pick1 wrote:post over here with the liberals
there are three dems and 50 GOP types over here.
Rack. While your numbers may be a little low (particularly on the GOP side), anyone who thinks this board is dominated by liberals is either extremely delusional, badly in need of a remedial reading comprehension course, or both.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

The Liberal population is far greater than the other boards.

PSUFAN
Bizz
Bsmack
TiC
Felix
Diego
Bushice
Goob
Lst Trn 2
Martyred
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Cicero wrote:The Liberal population is far greater than the other boards.

PSUFAN
Bizz
Bsmack
TiC
Felix
Diego
Bushice
Goob
Lst Trn 2
Martyred
That's about 1/5 the amount of dittotards around here.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Cicero wrote:The Liberal population is far greater than the other boards.

PSUFAN
Bizz
Bsmack
TiC
Felix
Diego
Bushice
Goob
Lst Trn 2
Martyred
Hardly a united front there, Crown. Just sayin'.

And you can't exactly compare Perk or Phibes to any of the American liberals here.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:American liberals

Any more, these threads read like a roll call for fucking retards.

George W Bush is the most liberal politician of prominence right now.

The list above sure doesn't look like a Who's Who of Bush supporters.

ONCE AGAIN -- maybe learn what them big fancy words mean, BEFORE attempting to use them in a sentence.

Talk show hosts are about as reliable for spoon-feeding you your vocabulary as they are reliable for being truthful and accurate about...anything.

So, I'd love to see a new version of this discussion...AFTER certain peole learn what the word "liberal" means...obviously doesn't mean what most of you seem to think it does.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

No, you guys are allowed to think a certain way, I just think you guys def have a strong voice here, unlike some of other boards.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Dinsdale wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:American liberals

Any more, these threads read like a roll call for fucking retards.

George W Bush is the most liberal politician of prominence right now.

The list above sure doesn't look like a Who's Who of Bush supporters.

ONCE AGAIN -- maybe learn what them big fancy words mean, BEFORE attempting to use them in a sentence.

Talk show hosts are about as reliable for spoon-feeding you your vocabulary as they are reliable for being truthful and accurate about...anything.

So, I'd love to see a new version of this discussion...AFTER certain peole learn what the word "liberal" means...obviously doesn't mean what most of you seem to think it does.

Ok, Dins, I'll play your game . . .

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=liberal
lib·er·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.

Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.
Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.
Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.

Archaic. Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.
Obsolete. Morally unrestrained; licentious.

n.
A person with liberal ideas or opinions.
Liberal A member of a Liberal political party.
Most of those definitions don't really apply to W, now do they? Here's another definition of liberal, btw, same source . . .
liberal

adj 1: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies"; "a liberal newspaper"; "tolerant of his opponent's opinions" [syn: broad, large-minded, tolerant] 2: having political or social views favoring reform and progress 3: tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition [ant: conservative] 4: given or giving freely; "was a big tipper"; "the bounteous goodness of God"; "bountiful compliments"; "a freehanded host"; "a handsome allowance"; "Saturday's child is loving and giving"; "a liberal backer of the arts"; "a munificent gift"; "her fond and openhanded grandfather" [syn: big, bighearted, bounteous, bountiful, freehanded, handsome, giving, openhanded] 5: not literal; "a loose interpretation of what she had been told"; "a free translation of the poem" [syn: free, loose] n 1: a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties [syn: progressive] [ant: conservative] 2: a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets
Only the last definition above applies to W.

When you say that he's not a conservative, I get what you're saying in that he's not exactly a Calvin Coolidge-type conservative (neither, for that matter, was Ronald Reagan -- just sayin'). But it's a pretty big leap of faith to go from that to painting him as a liberal.

Basically, W's neither a liberal or a conservative. He's more of a "I care about myself and the rest of my silver-spoon buddies, and fuck all the rest of y'all" type.
Last edited by Terry in Crapchester on Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Ok, Dins, I'll play your game . . .
Then play it.

Not with a "dictionary" definition, but a political one.

A "liberal", as a general rule, supports progressive, often broad-sweeping changes to effect a certain goal.

I challenge you to name ONE president in American history that has thrown out more norms and instituted new policies to acieve certain goals than W?

No-bid contracts to facilitate pre-emptive wars, complete gutting of the Bill of Rights, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ....

I can't think of a more "liberal" policy than those.

But, don't tell the self-proclaimed "conservatives" this...their world will come crashing down.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Dinsdale wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Ok, Dins, I'll play your game . . .
Then play it.

Not with a "dictionary" definition, but a political one.

A "liberal", as a general rule, supports progressive, often broad-sweeping changes to effect a certain goal.

I challenge you to name ONE president in American history that has thrown out more norms and instituted new policies to acieve certain goals than W?

No-bid contracts to facilitate pre-emptive wars, complete gutting of the Bill of Rights, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ....
Herein lies the difference between W and self-proclaimed "liberals": the goals that liberals try to promote through sweeping changes are goals that will promote progress for all, and move society forward. What W is trying to do is a "Back to the Future"-type approach that, if ever fully implemented, would push most Americans back to the sort of life described in Upton Sinclair's novel The Jungle (I strongly recommend that you read that.)

As for the Bill of Rights, it was self-described "liberals" who helped give it the meaning it has today. There was a time when most "conservatives" thought the Bill of Rights didn't apply to the States. And recently, Scalia -- who styles himself as an "originalist" -- has floated the idea that the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment doesn't apply to the States.

FDR was a liberal. And there's really no comparison between FDR and W. Like I said, W isn't really a liberal or a conservative, more of a "I care about myself and my silver-spoon buddies, and fuck all the rest of y'all" type.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Yep, definitely a Democrat board

Of course, the notion that the majority here aren't conservative-leaning is right in line with most of lk's and Sissy's takes.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:And recently, Scalia -- who styles himself as an "originalist" -- has floated the idea that the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment doesn't apply to the States.
It quite clearly doesn't.
Read on:

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/cons ... endment14/
All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
The Privileges and Immunities Clause of the 14th Amendment has been held to incorporate the Bill of Rights, or at least most of it, and make it applicable to the States. Scalia's opinion to the contrary notwithstanding, the entire First Amendment has been held, at least thus far, to be so incorporated.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

mvscal wrote:You can huff and sputter all you want, but it's right there in black and white.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion
Congress already did with the DOM Act in '96.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:You can huff and sputter all you want, but it's right there in black and white.
Huffing and sputtering? I think not.

But you can't read the Bill of Rights without reading it in conjunction with the Fourteenth Amendment.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Btw, Dins, if you're looking for a good description of Bush, from a political standpoint, here's one that does the trick far better than "liberal."

Reactionary
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Crippling Imbecility would be a great name for a rock band.

Sincerely,

Dave Barry
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Btw, Dins, if you're looking for a good description of Bush, from a political standpoint, here's one that does the trick far better than "liberal."

Reactionary
Further proof of your crippling imbecility.
Responding to Dins' reference to W as a liberal. He's far closer to a reactionary than he is to a liberal.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
mvscal wrote: Further proof of your crippling imbecility.
Responding to Dins' reference to W as a liberal. He's far closer to a reactionary than he is to a liberal.
That belief, among others, is what makes you a Grade A, irremediable dumbfuck.
Care to back up your take, or are you only willing to grace us with your GED-level pontificating?
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

How in the world is this thread four pages long? Shouldn't it have died during delivery?
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

See You Next Wednesday wrote:How in the world is this thread four pages long? Shouldn't it have died during delivery?
Yeah, but lk's offhand remark that this was the "liberal" board kept it going.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

If it was really a liberal board, George W. Bush would post here.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

One who believes that the New Deal is "socialism," according to at least one of his Business School professors, then seeks to advance a domestic agenda designed specifically to undo the New Deal, is, by definition, engaged in reactionary political behavior.

While we're at it, his contempt for the U.N. is also reactionary.

It's obvious you don't have a clue, once again.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:One who believes that the New Deal is "socialism," according to at least one of his Business School professors,
Needless to say, it clearly is.
then seeks to advance a domestic agenda designed specifically to undo the New Deal, is, by definition, engaged in reactionary political behavior.
Attempting to fix a broken Social Security system is "reactionary". Guess again, dumbshit. The fact that you don't agree with his proposed fix is irrelevant.
Privatization is a "fix" for a program that runs a surplus? :meds: Guess again. It's a rather transparent attempt to zero-fund Social Security by an end-around, rather than head-on. He loses if he tries it head-on, and he knows it.
While we're at it, his contempt for the U.N. is also reactionary.
Speaking of clueless. Contempt for an ineffective, unresponse, bloated, do nothing bureaucracy is "reactionary"?!? Pull your head out your ass, idiot.

Once again, he is moving forward and leaving the relics of the past behind while dragging reactionaries like you kicking and screaming.

Are you trying to troll here or are you really this stupid?
The U.N. has been around only 60 years. In the greater scheme of things, that's a pretty short period of time. W is not moving forward, he's going back to the old days, i.e., before the U.N. existed, in terms of how he settles his disputes.

Are you really that dense?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Privatization is a "fix" for a program that runs a surplus?
For how long? Do we just sit around, do nothing and wait for inevitable trainwreck? The reactionary says, yes.
No. I myself have suggested raising the retirement age to 70. Common-sense solution, or at least it seems one to me, and far less risky than privatization.