Firearms Law

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Firearms Law

Post by Canadian »

Well 67% of people in Canada want the gun registry kept. Funny that is about the same amount of people that did not vote for Harper or the Conservatives in last election.

Link
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper will have a tough time convincing Canadians it's time to completely scrap the country's expensive gun registry program, a new opinion poll suggests.

The Ipsos Reid survey, conducted for CanWest News Service and Global National, indicates two out of three Canadians believe the government should revamp the gun registry system.

''There's nothing ambiguous about this,'' said John Wright, senior vice-president at Ipsos Reid.

''The concept of a gun registry has taken root across the country. There's a majority, 67 per cent, that's not a small majority, who believe that Stephen Harper shouldn't be doing away with all gun registries.'
So why is Harpercrit going to ditch it then?

Sure it cost a lot of money to set up but now it is run on 82 million a year so we may as well leave it as when the tories are defeated next spring the new government would bring it back anyways.

I also don't think trying to scrap the gun registry would pass a vote in the House anyways.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

The Ipsos Reid survey, conducted for CanWest News Service and Global National
That's as far as I got.

Let me know when you losers come up with something meaningful, and stop wasting my reading time with Oppo_Stupid self_serving crap.

The Gun Reg is toast, and New Canada will applaud the plugging of that usele$$ black hole...End Of Story RACK HARPER.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

The Gun Reg is toast, and New Canada will applaud the plugging of that usele$$ black hole...End Of Story RACK HARPER.
It will never survive a vote in the House to rescind. Even if Harper did succeed in getting rid of it the next government will bring it back. It is not that we have tory governments that often anyhow.

That's as far as I got.
Well Canwest and Global have always been very right wing and conservative loving, but that is slowly changing with the way the cons are treating the press.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Canadian wrote: Well Canwest and Global have always been very right wing and conservative loving, but that is slowly changing with the way the cons are treating the press.
Harper isn't exactly Canwest's favourite flavour of conservative.
It's more nuanced than that.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Also in 1970, Asper was elected leader of the Manitoba Liberal Party.
He resigned as party leader and MLA in 1975, though he continued to support the Manitoba Liberal Party in later years.
Asper was also a close friend of many of Canada's prominent political and business elite, including Jean Chrétien and Paul Martin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzy_Asper

Better luck next time, Lo$ers. :lol:
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

That poll is complete bullshit. I would love to know where they polled, and how they spun the questions to get 67%. I think the same guy that worded the Quebec referendum question had a part to play in it.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

I would love to see the % answer to an honest poll asking Canadians if they believe that crap poll. :)
That poll is complete bullshit. I would love to know where they polled, and how they spun the questions to get 67%. I think the same guy that worded the Quebec referendum question had a part to play in it.
Where?
Prolly at a pre-law suit 'Save The Liberal Party' fund raiser.
What?
Would you like to be shot in the face with a unregestered gun?

The 33% lib_tar who answered YES have lost all will to live since their gravy train got derailed.
The dwindling 67% are barely hanging on, 'Sup Trinity. :wink:

Props to Harper for making the de$perate_tard look stupid once again.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

:lol:

Looks as though the Harpocrite baglickers can't handle the truth...

Kind of like the same thing about keeping Canadian troops in Afghanistan... the Harpocrites want to extend their mission for another 2 years past next Februrary but the majority of Canadians want them out of there...

Bottom line is, the Harpocrites are out of touch with the reality of what Canadians really want.

One term government.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

^
RACK

Just kidding.
I just thought your crew needed something to help you to not lose it completely. 8)
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

JaysFan wrote:
One term government.
Leave McGuinty out of this.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Harper will be remembered with the likes of Joe Clark, John Turner, Kim Campbell......Harper like his bum buddy bush has no grasp on reality.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Police chiefs signal continued support for gun registry

By JIM BRONSKILL

OTTAWA (CP) - The head of Canada's police chiefs says he will impress upon the new government the merits of the national gun registry, a much-maligned system the Conservatives have promised to scrap.
Why do the Harpercrites hate the police?
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Troll Train Wrote:
Typical Oppo_Stupid Spin.
It's like you lo$ers have given up trying.

More police recognize the gun reg for the useless poli-black that is, then not.
The police CHIEFS on the other hand, are almost a poli-pukeriffic as the po$ers who brought that useless piece of garbage down upon us in the first place.
They are but a handful of tards who fear speaking the truth for the very same reasons your idiot$ do. It's not to THEIR advantage.

Common Sense Will Prevail, and New Canada will plug another billion plu$ libby of self_interest created hole.

Hail Harper.

Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Ottawa - The Conservative government will no longer ask long-gun owners to pay to register their weapons and will not prosecute those who fail to register at all, Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day announced Wednesday.

Mr. Day said the government will table legislation to repeal the registry of non-restricted firearms and plans to transfer responsibility for the Canada Firearms Centre to the RCMP.
Will this pass a vote in the house? I doubt it.
The moves, which effectively gut the federal long-gun registry while leaving intact the act of Parliament, follows a damning audit report this week that found the former Liberal government fudged the books to hide the registry's true annual cost.

The minority Conservatives do not have enough votes in the Commons to kill the gun registry outright.

The Liberals, New Democrats and Bloc Québécois all support the 10-year-old long-gun registry, arguing that it deters crime, saves lives and assists police.

So what happens?

So basically they did nothing but announce they will not prosacute people for failing to register. Since the gun law is still on the books (as they do not have enough votes to get rid of it), so if a new government comes in, I assume they will they start to prosacute people again.

Read the rest here
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

C Wrote:
So basically they did nothing but announce they will not prosacute people for failing to register.
If you are correct, then it's a great start.
I never could understand the logic of going after the law abiding to prevent crime.
When the common sense party get's their majority-> Flush
Until then, Canadians who are not retarded know that Harp did what he could to rid the beaten taxpayer of that pathetic burden.

Rack The Realist.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

tough love wrote:
Troll Train Wrote:
Typical Oppo_Stupid Spin.
It's like you lo$ers have given up trying.

More police recognize the gun reg for the useless poli-black that is, then not.
The police CHIEFS on the other hand, are almost a poli-pukeriffic as the po$ers who brought that useless piece of garbage down upon us in the first place.
They are but a handful of tards who fear speaking the truth for the very same reasons your idiot$ do. It's not to THEIR advantage.

Common Sense Will Prevail, and New Canada will plug another billion plu$ libby of self_interest created hole.
Armand La Barge, the head of the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police, insists the registry is a powerful crime-fighting tool.

"We believe it's a safety tool and we believe it keeps communities safe and keeps police officers safe," La Barge told CTV's Canada AM on Wednesday.

La Barge said police across the country access the system about 6,500 times per day and more than five million queries have been logged since the system was put into place.

The registry gives police officers a better idea of what to expect when they are responding to a call, La Barge said, noting that gun crime committed with rifles and shotguns is on the rise in Canada, particularly in relation to domestic disputes and suicides.

"This particular program, I think, promotes responsible gun ownership and gun storage," La Barge said.

Earlier in the week, Tony Cannavino of the Canadian Professional Police Association warned that limiting the registry to handguns may not solve the gun crime problem.

"Our last six or seven police officers were killed with long guns,'' he said. "That's very sad.''
Too bad your tards are out of tune with what the police want...

Harpocrites obviously think that hunters are more important than policemen.

tough love wrote:Heil Harper.
:roll:
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Too bad your tards are out of tune with what the police want...
.......and the 67% of Canadians who want this.

Harper is really out of touch with Canadians on pretty well everything. At least now it does not appear will will have a fall election, which is good, then the liberals can get a new leader, the NDP can try to pick up some more support then we can kick Harper the doofus to the curb and throw is party out like the trash they are.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

head of the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police
:meds:

Otis;
You keep referring to the Police Chiefs as if they are the people of New Canada???
Which is like saying that if one lousy poli-tard is for something, then must be all Canadians.
Please stop being retarded.

The web poll CTV held for this neck of the woods say's 81% of "the people" are in favor of freeing Canada of that retarded black libby vote garnering hole.

I understand The Bloc is also thinking like Ont on this.

Hummm...No big surprise in that.

Like Libby Ont must be contrary to anything the Logical Party would ever put forth, the Bloc must also appear to show indifference towards the leading party of Canada on some things, otherwise the people of Quebec would begin to realize that Harper has rendered their Bloc Party meaningless.
Answer To Anticipated Self Serving Responce Wrote:
Last I looked; The Quebecer's are being favorable towards New Canada, which is a damn sight better then when those f-n Lib_Tards were $crewing things up for everyone but them$elves and their friend$
C Wrote:
Harper is really out of touch with Canadians on pretty well everything.
And yet the poll results for Canadians over-all satifaction with Harps leadership are so favorable.
Do you think that just maybe Harper is out of touch with corruption/self_serving stupidity/immorality, and that is what has gotten your screeching panties in such a knot?

I Do. :lol:
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Otis;
You keep referring to the Police Chiefs as if they are the people of New Canada???
Which is like saying that if one lousy poli-tard is for something, then must be all Canadians.
Please stop being retarded.

The web poll CTV held for this neck of the woods say's 81% of "the people" are in favor of freeing Canada of that retarded black libby vote garnering hole.

I understand The Bloc is also thinking like Ont on this.

Hummm...No big surprise in that.

Like Libby Ont must be contrary to anything the Logical Party would ever put forth, the Bloc must also appear to show indifference towards the leading party of Canada on some things, otherwise the people of Quebec would begin to realize that Harper has rendered their Bloc Party meaningless
Tina, you probably should remind yourself of one big factor...

Ontario and Quebec... they make up 228 of Canada's 308 electoral ridings...

That kind of renders your little local poll of rednecks, dipshits and idiots meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
The Ipsos Reid survey, conducted for CanWest News Service and Global National, indicates two out of three Canadians believe the government should revamp the gun registry system.

''There's nothing ambiguous about this,'' said John Wright, senior vice-president at Ipsos Reid.

''The concept of a gun registry has taken root across the country. There's a majority, 67 per cent, that's not a small majority, who believe that Stephen Harper shouldn't be doing away with all gun registries.''

The poll of 1,001 Canadians was conducted May 9 to May 11, with a 3.1 percentage point margin of error, 19 times out of 20.

The survey comes on the eve of a report to be released Tuesday by Auditor General Sheila Fraser showing how the gun registry system created by the Liberal government was mismanaged.

Harper is expected to use the findings to start dismantling the program, which has been targeted by core Conservative supporters for years as inefficient and unnecessary.

Although opposition to the registry is strongest in the Western provinces, a majority of people in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are now in favour of more gun control, suggests the poll.

In Alberta, 51 per cent of the people surveyed indicated the government should keep a registry system in place.

The support is strongest in Ontario and Quebec where 71 per cent and 76 per cent of respondents respectively said they were in favour of maintaining a gun control system.
Majority of Canada says that your tards are making yet another bad move by scrapping it.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Otis Spun:
Tina, you probably should remind yourself of one big factor...

Ontario and Quebec... they make up 228 of Canada's 308 electoral ridings...

Like Quebec would ever vote Liberal again. :meds:
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Like Quebec would ever vote Liberal again
:meds:

They will. Actually the Liberals are in a good position as the Bloc and cons will split the vote.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Harper tells Ontario, Quebec to butt out on gun registry complaints

Prime Minister Stephen Harper has a blunt message for the provincial governments in Ontario and Quebec upset by his plan to gut the federal long-run registry: Butt out.

"It was pointed out to me that some provinces disagree with our position," Harper said Friday during a media availability with Australian Prime Minister John Howard.
Read the rest here

Please, Stephen keep up that attitude, I really want you to piss off Ontario and Quebec voters. Canada needs to become a progressive country once again and not a regressive one we are becoming under Harper.

Most countries are tightening gun laws but the US (naturally) and now us. But he takes his orders from Bush.
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

Canadian wrote:

They will. Actually the Liberals are in a good position as the Bloc and cons will split the vote.
HUH??? They dont even have a leader... how can they be in a "good position"...
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Otis and his trolls need a math lesson.

They keep referring to this '67%' of the public that didn't want Harper (the number should actually be 63, but I digress). Like most things that have come out of the fiberal camp in the past decade, this number is essentially an outright lie. They keep referring to the election results as representative of the Canadian public. They are not. They are representative of the breakdown of ballots cast.....65% of eligible voters.

It is arguable that 63% of voters did not want the Conservatives, but to agree with this number you must also agree that 70% wanted nothing to do with the Liberals. Why the fiberals find comfort in trumpeting this is baffling, but then so are a lot of things the red party says.

35% of the country didnt care, and 70% of the 65% who did didn't want the Liberals.

That's 80% of the country that told you to fuck off, fibby's.

As for the gun registry......like your lying asses, it's toast.

Have a nice day.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

al? You probably would be better off not listening to Tina's paranoia about who's who..

She's a lot like Hap if you know what I mean....

As for your math...

63% of the voters still means 63% of all Canadians who voted, regardless of their political choice...
It's not just the Liberals who think your Harpotards have their heads stuck up their asses...
A majority of the country does..
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

So what do you make of the 70% of voters (and 80% of Canadians) who said the same to the Liberals.

spin away...... :wink:
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

They also don't support the Harpotard's decision to scrap the gun registry..

THAT is what this topic is about...

And let's remember one thing, a good portion of the Harpotards vote was not a vote for them because people actually believe in their policies, it was a protest vote by those who wanted to give the Liberals a 'time out'.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

JaysFan wrote: A majority of the country does..
Link?
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Groundhogday wrote:
Link?
Sure thing
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

JaysFan wrote:
Groundhogday wrote:
Link?
Sure thing
Everyone already had a good laugh at that "poll". Thanks for rehashing that! :lol:

More proof your poll is full of shit
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Hapday wrote:
JaysFan wrote:
Groundhogday wrote: Link?
Sure thing
Everyone already had a good laugh at that "poll". Thanks for rehashing that! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

So you're saying that that poll's accurate but the previous one wasn't?

Dipshit, you do realise that they were taken by the same polling firm...

The only difference is that in your poll, they specifically targeted the Harpocrite loving provinces..
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

JaysFan wrote:
Hapday wrote:
JaysFan wrote:Sure thing

:lol: :lol:

So you're saying that that poll's accurate but the previous one wasn't?

Dipshit, you do realise that they were taken by the same polling firm...

The only difference is that in your poll, they specifically targeted the Harpocrite loving provinces..
So Quebec, Ontario, and the Maritimes love Harper? News to me. The fact that a two polls done by the same firm show such different results proves what a sham polls are.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

It is just typical con spin. That's all the cons can do is spin things.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

I know a con who can play the recorder with his nose, while spinning things, so na na boo boo.