Go check out the latest tune I've written...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Filthy McNastie
Elwood

Go check out the latest tune I've written...

Post by Filthy McNastie »

And let me know what you think.

It's a semi mixed version of the tune done on Cubase with me playing all of the instruments and doing all of the vocals.

I just set up this myspace account so hopefully the tune will come on.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanwallace

L8.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

That was tight, filthy!

I guess you're not just killin' little predatory animals 9-5.

It reminded me of when we were talking about this guy... back in the day.

Good job, bro! and keep on keepin' on.
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

Thanks Fellas...I appreciate it...

m...My plan is to whip up 7 or 8 originals and go open up for bands like Ian Moore, Jonny Lang, KWS here in town...I've done the clubs so many times I just hope to do larger shows...but smaller sets.

e...errrrrr...I just opened that page today...I don't even know who in the fuck Tom is brah...:)

L8.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Tom is the friend they give you whan you don't have any.

He's a mercy friend. :)
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

That was really good, Filthy. It isn't often that I'll listen to more than 30 seconds of most peoples stuff, but I easily listened to this twice. I've been surprised by the smackers over the years who are actually great musicians, shutyomouth and yourself to name just two.

RACK.

Rip City
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

Thanks Luth...I've been trying to get all of the musicians from the boards to collaborate on a tune FOREVER!

With all of the guitar players on here (I am a bassist mainly, but am learning how to play guitar better now that I'm doing my own thing) we could write ourselves a Lynyrd Skynryd Guitar jam from hell!!!

One of my buddies once said to me..."You know?...you're guitar playing reminds me of Claptons"

To which I replied "Hey! no shit?...I'm really working on it man...thanks!"

He said..."Well...yea...you know how Clapton can just hit that one note?...and you just KNOW it's him?

Me: Chest puffed out...look of pride on my face "Yea...yea...I know EXACTLY what you're talking about brah"

Him: "Yea...cool...well listen...you've got that ONE note down pretty fucking good...why don't you try to learn some other notes now"

;)

L8.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

nice song.....like was said...you need to get out more
Mister Bushice wrote: He's a mercy friend.
:cry:
get out, get out while there's still time
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Seems to me people with boatloads of "internet friends" are the ones who need to get out more.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

btw, filth - Song sounds good...but why so cliche? "Love"? You're more creative than that, my man.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Seems to me people with boatloads of "internet friends" are the ones who need to get out more.
"Tom has 76,871,711 friends"

you mean like him......
get out, get out while there's still time
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:btw, filth - Song sounds good...but why so cliche? "Love"? You're more creative than that, my man.
I'm actually trying to get a commercial feel to the stuff I'm doing.

The main reason I'm doing this is because I want to have a set-list of around 10 tunes that are original so I can get some opening slot gigs for some of the bands that come through town.

I've been slinging that Axe in one form or another pretty much my entire life...I don't want to do bars again...(not all nighters anyway) so I wanted to sweeten it up a little for promoter types that would book bands to open shows.

So yea...(although I like the tune a lot) there is a definite commercial feel going on there with the lyrics...and I imagine that trend will continue somewhat with some of my other stuff.

I recently did a Blues project with 2 other guys here in town...(the guitar player for this project is easily one of the top 5 I've EVER heard...and that 's including "Known" guitarists) and we couldn't get a decent gig to save our freaking lives!

I was at a couple of shows last year and these shows had shitty openers (we saw a band open up for Kenny Wayne Sheppherd literally play COVER TUNES!!!...I couldn't believe that shit) but, I realized there was a market there that none of our local guys were shooting for...ALL of the bands around here are geared for clubs...Sooooooo...I wanted to put something together that would get promoters to book us...I knew I would have to write some "Hook Laden" tunes for that.

L8.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Felix wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Seems to me people with boatloads of "internet friends" are the ones who need to get out more.
"Tom has 76,871,711 friends"

you mean like him......
Dude owns myspace, or else is the head greeter. He's everybodys mercy friend.

Makes the white space less lonely. :)
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Listened to it with the head phones on, and the bass line kicks a$$ Filthy. Personally I would enjoy a few more fills on the lead. Very nice job.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Solid C
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

^^^^^^^^^ solid F
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Overall pretty damn well with the exception of the drums. Tone down the high hat a bit.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

Hey...I'll take a C...fuck it...

As far as basslines go...the bass is my main instrument...so I'll usually throw a pretty decent bassline in my stuff if nothing else.

I haven't been playing 6 string for very long...soooooo...My lead work right now is consisting of...me going online...taking a guitar lesson...then working a lead around the lesson...:)

Thanks for listening...

L8.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

The main reason I'm doing this is because I want to have a set-list of around 10 tunes that are original so I can get some opening slot gigs for some of the bands that come through town.
How do you plan on marketing the songs to the
promoters?

6:38 is a long time to expect a promoter to listen.

for demo purposes you might want to put together a string of :45 second to 1 minute song clips on a demo CD that best showcase the tunes, and find an agent worth a damn to shop it. No name act promoter in the world will spend much time listening anyway, but if you hit him with the best parts up front and he gets the CD from some middle manegment weasel he knows, he's less likely to pass.

BTW - Just got around to listening to it. Not bad guitar work for someone who doesn't play much, and the bass line is damn good.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Rack a fellow guitar player in Filthy! shutyomouth and I talked about the idea of combining leads for one of his tracks a few years ago. Just never figured out how to do it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Go check out the latest tune I've written...

Post by War Wagon »

Filthy McNastie wrote:And let me know what you think.

It's a semi mixed version of the tune done on Cubase with me playing all of the instruments and doing all of the vocals.

I just set up this myspace account so hopefully the tune will come on.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanwallace

L8.
It doesn't suck.

How do you manage to play the drums and geetar all at the same time?

Wait, don't answer that.

Nice work Filthy.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Not my bag, baby, but RACK you anyway for posting your shit on the boards. If I ever get off my ass and record something, I'll have to do the same.
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

AP...we could set it up tempo wise...as long as we were all in the same tempo and key we could paste it together..I think that would be fun as hell...!!!

Bushice...when I use the word "promoter" I'm actually throwing it around rather loosely...there's like 3 guys here in town that basically bring all of the rock/blues/festival type shows to town.

One of em' I know well enough to just say.."Hey....gotta band...can we open some shows?...gotta CD...check it out"

And he would do it...the other 2 would need to have something on file and yea...that's not a bad idea to cull out your best clips and make a CD so as not to lose their attention...but...they aren't your general "Record Co" types that actually get 100 CD's in the mail a day...so...If i could just run into them somewhere and just so happen to have a CD in my pocket...I could prolly get em' to listen to it.

The original band situation around here is just HORRIBLE...has been for years...clubs are the only place to play if you want to play a lot...and they just want a breathing Jukebox that's going to pack the dancefloor and remind everyone to tip their bartenders and waitresses every 20 minutes or so.

That's why I think we could actually have a decent shot at getting a lot of these opening slot type gigs.

Thanks everyone for listening

L8.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Filthy McNastie wrote:Hey...I'll take a C...fuck it...
I was meant as a compliment. :wink:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Go ahead people and even try to imagine any context at all in which TVO's existence is meant as a compliment!!

:shock: :shock:

Sure, okay, maybe...On the planet Fuck Off Fuckstain.

:wink:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

It was my opinion that was meant to be a compliment not my existence. Jeez.

Now Fuck Off Fuckstain.

No Wink

BTW- It would have got a C- if he didn't say "Love" 4,000 times and a B- if he didn't say "Love" 4,000 times and I didn't feel like I could see the Stars and Bars on the CD jacket.

Did I mention he said "Love" 4,000 times? I didn't? He said "Love" 4,000 times

4,000!

No really. 4,000 times.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

T'were just a joke about your obvious typo, Mr Fuck Off Fuckstain, ESQ...

Lighten up, skippy.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

He said it 4,000 times!

jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

In a row?
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

Moving Sale wrote:He said it 4,000 times!

You would have given me a D- if you had heard it before I cut the last 1000 Loves out of it

Might have even got an F...

That's just the way it developed dude...but...after hearing you say that..I've got a tune called "Fuck"...I may be in trouble...

L8.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

1,000 more?

Kill me first.

5,000 Fucks? Sign me up.
Sin,
Wilt "The Stilt" (circa 1968)
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

TenTallBen wrote:Not my bag, baby, but RACK you anyway for posting your shit on the boards. If I ever get off my ass and record something, I'll have to do the same.
Yeah, there’s a song by Sublime you could cover:

Drunk driving is what I like to do.
I like drunk driving with you.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Goober McTuber wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:Not my bag, baby, but RACK you anyway for posting your shit on the boards. If I ever get off my ass and record something, I'll have to do the same.
Yeah, there’s a song by Sublime you could cover:

Drunk driving is what I like to do.
I like drunk driving with you.
I'll get right on that. Thanks!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

As much as it pains me to do so, I must agree with TiVO in that that song had approximately 4000 too many utterances of a certain word. Kinda looked like you got to a point where you ran out of lyrics so you just plugged in love a few bazillion times.

Here's an idea. Why not try a TiVo sux...sux....sux.... chorus in place of love. And more cowbell.

Maybe you can get some lyrical help here. I suck at it horribly, but, I can come up with some song title suggestions.

Magic bus pimp.
Puppy love. No, not that gax as all hell osmond brothers tune.I was thinkin' more of a certain mcnastie tale from a few years back.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Can you do Foggy Mountain?

I'll take my response off-air.
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

As much as it pains ME to do so...I'm going to have to agree myself...

I think what does the overkill on it is the breakdown part right after the verse where it's just bass and vocal.

And...you're right actually...there's no actual lyric for that part I was just kind of fucking around with the singing there.

I might try to come up with an actual lyric for that part and see if it doesn't change the feel of the 4000 loves.

The chorus part (that's the part that only has like 482 loves) I like...I think it's kinda unique...so...it's a keeper.

When I started doing the song to begin with the little breakdown part with the singing over it was going to be a continuation of the lead break...since I'm still honing my Skeelz on lead guitar I didn't really have a good idea other than what I am already playing there...and that is not good enough to stand on its own to me.

That was the reason I started this thread (to get some critical ears on the tune)...So I really do appreciate everyone who gave their opinions

Thanks!

l8.