OK Cicatrix...what's it gonna be?

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

OK Cicatrix...what's it gonna be?

Post by Shoalzie »

Quite frankly, that third period will sting for a long time. An absolute collapse of epic proportions by a team I probably put too much faith into. I can cry about Hemsky's first goal where he clearly kicked it in but it's irrelevant at this point. I don't have any idea how Hemsky was so wide open for the GWG. 4 goals allowed in the third when leading 2-0 after two periods and considering the Wings had outscored Edmonton 6-1 in the third period in the first 5 games. I'm speechless.

As for Yzerman, this isn't like a Brett Favre situation...he'll play if he wants to play. He can wait as long as he wants. I know it's probably impossible to answer that question right now after such a bad loss but you know he had to be thinking tonight could be it. Why else would he have dressed?

Congratulations to the Oilers on a hard fought and much deserved series win...good luck in the conference semis.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

I didn't even see the game. :cry:

I cut out of work with a really lame excuse last Thursday and could not get out of it tonight. Sometimes this promotion sucks.

I'm waiting for Sportscenter to get the highlights so I'll have to take a gander at the Hemsky goal. If they thought it was kicked in they must have reviewed it.

Still, giving up 4 in the third......damn.....thats gotta hurt.

Good series Shoalzie.....your sig is in the mail. Wear it nice and proud!
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Hemsky goal.....

I honestly couldn't really tell where it went off of. Kinda looked like he may have tried to kick it in but didn't connect as the puck went it quite a bit after the semi-kick. It also looked like it bobbled around and went in after getting knocked downward.

They mentioned on SC that Legace said it went in off someone's chest.

Either way I got fucking chills watching those highlights.

I do hope Calgary wins their series as I do think that Edmonton can solve Kiprusoff and take the Flames.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I still don't see where you see a distinct kicking motion from Hemsky on the tying goal. Lidstrom was pushing him away from the net as the puck was coming off of Legace's glove. The angle of how the puck went it would lead me to believe that it hit Lidstrom's skate/leg as he was pushing Hemsky aside.

The referee had the best angle and I'm sure it was much clearer than the tv replay showed.

If anyone was screwed by a call last night it was the Ducks when Selanne had that first goal, but the ref said Kiprusoff was intereferred with. First off, the puck was already coming out fo the net before the Ducks player was in the crease. Secondly, the Ducks player didn't even hit Kiprusoff.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

MuchoBulls wrote:Secondly, the Ducks player didn't even hit Kiprusoff.
Um, yeah. Right. Goal should have counted, but Lupul did bull Kipper over after the light was flashing.
Cicatrix wrote:I do hope Calgary wins their series as I do think that Edmonton can solve Kiprusoff and take the Flames.
:lol:
Still a FlameFan
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

:oops:
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

JD wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:Secondly, the Ducks player didn't even hit Kiprusoff.
Um, yeah. Right. Goal should have counted, but Lupul did bull Kipper over after the light was flashing.
Lupul was pushed into the crease by the Calgary defenseman and at worst, he hit Kipper's glove. Kipper was hit by his own player before Lupul hit him.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:I still don't see where you see a distinct kicking motion from Hemsky on the tying goal. Lidstrom was pushing him away from the net as the puck was coming off of Legace's glove. The angle of how the puck went it would lead me to believe that it hit Lidstrom's skate/leg as he was pushing Hemsky aside.

The referee had the best angle and I'm sure it was much clearer than the tv replay showed.

There's no denying that the puck had to have gone in off a leg or foot. You can't review Horcoff playing the puck with the highstick but Hemsky had his stick resting on top of the goal. The only way that goes is in if a foot or leg forces it in. The fact of the matter is the initial call on the ice was a goal and there wasn't a clear enough angle to show Hemsky kicked it in. I'm going to believe he did force it in with his foot but the evidence wasn't there to clearly show it.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

chris pronger is done, ask AL :meds: :meds:
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

I never said Pronger was done.

I said Demitra was done, and Pronger's best days were behind him. That doesn't mean he's 'done'.

Pronger owned the Wings in that series.........OWNED.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

demitra isn't done, he's just a pussy.

good ole pavolina, tachoke, and captain hook. those were the days!

oh i miss playoff hockey at savvis! ok, i guess you can't miss 1 week of playoff hockey every year, but i do!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Adelpiero wrote:demitra isn't done, he's just a pussy.

good ole pavolina, tachoke, and captain hook. those were the days!

oh i miss playoff hockey at savvis! ok, i guess you can't miss 1 week of playoff hockey every year, but i do!

Definitely is strange not seeing you guys in the playoffs. I believe the Wings now have the longest active playoff streak in all of sports...I think it's 15 years or something close to that.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

al? wrote:Pronger owned the Wings in that series.........OWNED.
He has done that in the past which is why the Wings instituted Operation Shatter Pronger's Wrist.
why is my neighborhood on fire
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

I think Pronger's perfomance v. the Wings this year was payback for year after year of Detroit bitch-slapping the Blues.

hugetime