Omar Jacobs

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Omar Jacobs

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

With all the attention Leinart, Cutler, & VY are getting, this dude really seems to be flying under the radar. Kind of surprising, considering his stats, size, & mobility. Yeah he played in the MAC, but so did Pennington and Roethlisberger(sp?). He could be the sleeper pick of the draft. A lot of people have Arizona taking Cutler at #10, but I'd like to see the Cards take Jacobs in the 3rd round and use the #10 pick to shore up the O line.
"Keys, woman!"
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sounds like a good prospect... but

How many black qb's have rings?

m2
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Well, it was great talking with Mikethedrunkboulderguy...

Maybe next time, you can show up for your answer.

m2
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I didn't realize this was a live chat. :meds:

And I didn't reply to your first post because it's just idiotic. Plenty of black QBs have rings.

Or are we only talking starters? OK, then it's just Doug Williams. Then again, less than 30 white starting QBs have rings, and only a handful are even still active. It's not like SB rings come easy. I'll bet the ratio of SB-winning black starting QBs to non-SB-winning black starting QBs is better than it is for whites.
"Keys, woman!"
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I didn't realize this was a live chat. :meds:

And I didn't reply to your first post because it's just idiotic. Plenty of black QBs have rings.

Or are we only talking starters? OK, then it's just Doug Williams.
Thanks for playing.

I'm almost embarrassed my mom went to Colorado.

m2
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

m2 wrote:Sounds like a good prospect... but

How many black qb's have rings?

m2
Thanks for showing us again what a complete & total douchbag you really are.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

^ I would agree with you, but...

This is, in fact, the only black quarterback to win a Super Bowl in the 40 year history of the event.

Granted, "the black quarterback" is relatively young in the history of the NFL. I realize racism played a role in preventing black athletes from being respected as QBs for many years...

BUT STILL.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I don't have time to look up the roster of every SB champion over the past 40 years, but you guys mean to tell me that no black backup QBs have rings?

Wasn't Michael Bishop with the Pats for one of their SB wins?
"Keys, woman!"
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I don't have time to look up the roster of every SB champion over the past 40 years, but you guys mean to tell me that no black backup QBs have rings?

That's not the point... now is it?

m2
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

m2 wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I don't have time to look up the roster of every SB champion over the past 40 years, but you guys mean to tell me that no black backup QBs have rings?

That's not the point... now is it?

m2
Well, you kind of made it the point by selectively editing my previous post in which I already admitted that Williams was the only black starter with a ring. I still stand behind the second part of that post that you conveniently left out of your response.
Or are we only talking starters? OK, then it's just Doug Williams. Then again, less than 30 white starting QBs have rings, and only a handful are even still active. It's not like SB rings come easy. I'll bet the ratio of SB-winning black starting QBs to non-SB-winning black starting QBs is better than it is for whites.
"Keys, woman!"
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Re: Omar Jacobs

Post by Diogenes »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: A lot of people have Arizona taking Cutler at #10, but I'd like to see the Cards take Jacobs in the 3rd round and use the #10 pick to shore up the O line.
A lot of people are even stupider than Bill Bidwell. They need to look to their defensive backfield and O-Line.

Actually, Bidwell isn't that stupid, just greedy and shortsighted (fingers crossed).
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: Or are we only talking starters? OK, then it's just Doug Williams. Then again, less than 30 white starting QBs have rings, and only a handful are even still active. It's not like SB rings come easy. I'll bet the ratio of SB-winning black starting QBs to non-SB-winning black starting QBs is better than it is for whites.
You won the argument with this statement
From the moment we leave the forest, Dan, it's all a givin' up and adjustin'.
Deckard
Crack Whore

Post by Deckard »

If you weren't taking into account individuals ( as in Jim Kelly with four losses, Fran Tarkenton etc. ) the ratio would be at best 1:2 ( 1 win to 2 starts, (39 : 77 actually ) so .5065 versus 1 win 3 starts (mcnab,mcnair and williams ).3333. Actually Pittsburgh did great to get him.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Deckard wrote:If you weren't taking into account individuals ( as in Jim Kelly with four losses, Fran Tarkenton etc. ) the ratio would be at best 1:2 ( 1 win to 2 starts, (39 : 77 actually ) so .5065 versus 1 win 3 starts (mcnab,mcnair and williams ).3333. Actually Pittsburgh did great to get him.
Well, the original topic of conversation was a kid who hasn't even taken an NFL snap, let alone played in a SB. I was talking about all starting QBs in the NFL since the first SB, not just ones who have played in a SB. Considering the inherrent bias against black QBs over the years, it's actually surprising that even one has won a SB. It would take way too much work to figure out, but I'm still fairly certain that....

black QBs who've started & won a SB/black qbs who have ever started an NFL game since 1967 > white QBs who've started & won a SB/white QBs who have ever started an NFL game since 1967

I agree that it was a good pick for the Steelers.
"Keys, woman!"
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Joe Gilliam comes to mind.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

BSmack wrote:

Joe Gilliam comes to mind.
Wasn't Rohan Davie also a backup on the last two Patriots teams to win Super Bowls?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.