Dear creationists:

The best of the best
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Sorry, Smacker, I thought it was pretty well understood that Desert Storm was a Defense Industry trade show. I mean, when the enemy doesn't fight, and the strafing of looters with jets is most of the killin', well it's not really a "war," is it? Same with the Mexican War of 1850, and the variety of thuggish invasions of our smaller neighbors.

A REAL army--a prepared army, is that of Imperial Japan or Nazi germany or the Soviet Union--and now North Korea. In other words, fascistic enivronments. Which is exactly the OPPOSITE of the true American character. We really are the bastion of Individualism, civil rights and personal liberty, a truly modern and unique trait which can of course be a blessing or a curse.

Look at each real war we've been in and you'll see first and foremost a genuine resistance by the American public to pick up a gun and fight. And each time some dramatic incident, usually a swindle--like this one--was necessary to get any fighting started at all.

The fact that we we're able to prevail in one war, WWII, was only through horrid air attacks. And that's really all we've got now.

Uh, Dims, perhaps you misunderstand my point. I'm not arguing any moral aspect of any particular war. Rather, I'm showing that even in the ONE war that we won, our toughest, most battle tested marines, were shot to shit on the beaches of Iwo Jima because of gross incompetance--worse even, as I suggest, than Churchill's disasterous beach invasion at Gallipoli. And, it follows, that America is really not the military force it presumes. That is, just having a huge number of men and endless supplies--and lots of greedy evangelical war-freak corpoderos--does not a military nation make.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

terry,

as an attorney, you should know when you've been had. you made the ridiculous statement that all creationist whackos are republican or words to that effect. mvscal called you on it and all you've done for about 30 pages now is backpeddle and divert.

I hope you aren't a trial lawyer.

You could have made a perfectly reasonable statement like creationist whack jobs tend to be republican, but, you fall into the same trap as many other dems and make a stupid over the top statements.

As for your rather pathetic defense, you keep going to the "name a dem politician creationist whackjob' card. To this I must say, I can't. I can't because unlike those close minded republicans, democratic pols on the national level are pretty much all in lockstep. They are shills of gov. employee unions and fiercely pro abortion. Anyone in their ranks that might wander off the reservation, particularly with regards to their holy grail, unrestricted abortion rights, is squashed like a bug. Diversity, my arse.

On the republican side you have a pretty wide array. You've got the NE socially rather liberal republicans and you have your southern, generally more conservative, socially speaking. What seperates them from the dems is that when the convention comes around, Rudi Guiliani will have a voice along with Trent Lott.

As for the creationism in schools thing, what is wrong with offering another viewpoint. Seems rather enlightened to me. I would be more troubled by someone who wants to ban any mention of creationism over someone who simply wants it offered as a possiblity.

And before you dismiss me as one of those creationist bible thumpers, let me say that I am pretty much in the Van camp on this one. I would classify myself as a rather doubtful agnostic.

I wish the hell I did have religious faith as I think such a person, generally speaking, has 'bode over us doubting heathens. But, I look around at all the shite in the world and think, if there really is a god, and he is all powerful, he is one cruel rotten bastard.

But, as I said, I really wish I had faith. And, I realize that such faith does tend to keep enough of us on the straight and narrow, to keep society as a whole from going down the shitter. This respect for religion leads me to believe that not only is teaching such dogma harmless. It may actually have a positive effect on society as a whole.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:desert storm, the most one sided beatdown in the history of modern warfare
Uhm, not quite.

Sin,
The Falkland Islands
:meds:

Sincerely,
Grenada
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

lts trn 2,

I see now. Had the Iraqi army simply decided to participate it would have been a real war.

Gawd, you suck out loud.

The Iraqi army was real. It was the 4th largest army on the planet. It had years of practice with the Iranians and lots of hardware. Problem is, it was seriously outclassed by a far better equipped and trained US military.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

What did we "win" again in Desert Storm? Oh, that's right, the massive display of laser guided missles from wicked new jets. A real Defense Industry coup for the Air War manufacturers. Of course we didn't actually fight any land battles. As for the "fourth largest army on the planet" (and therefore the universe as we know!), this was pretty much what was waiting for us in '03. American military power is now all about rolling up to a city or nation and just launching thousands of cruise missles and bombing runs--without any opposition. And in this case the use of this Military Industrial nightmare of Ike come to life represents an international war crime on the order of the Nazis in '41.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:What did we "win" again in Desert Storm?
Nothing. Nothing at all.

Sin,
Kuwait

Damn dude, if you keep talking this fucking stupid, I might have to change my stance on the Iraq War.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Like Van, I cannot be labeled and do not fit a typical stereotype.
Actually, it takes some real work to be rendered any other way. It takes work, and practice. It takes long hard hours at the pump of cable news, allowing the ad factions to pound your brains into jell-0, so that the tripe can settle in.

Most people find that their opinions are not well represented by the two major parties. Those parties aren't designed to "represent" anyone's opinion, rather they seek to preempt them or craft them.

George Orwell was never given his due. Dude was/is pretty much spot on.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

By no means do I intend to devalue the fortitude, courage and sacrifice of U.S. Warriors. But warriors of all nations earn that same respect. The winning armies of the U.S. i.e. the Union in the Civil War through today have probably the best supply chain and logistical support network than any other.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

88 wrote:George Orwell was the pen name of a Brit who changed his political opinions as often as most people change their underwear. Just sayin'.
I suppose I don't know much about his personal politics. However you might categorize his political beliefs during the moments in which he wrote - or even cribbed - 1984, he was on to something.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

Tom In VA wrote:
quacker backer wrote:WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF CREATIONISM???!!

HOLY SHYTE
Well this thread, was created and then :shock:

It evolved. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
on a short leash, apparently.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Seriously, besides ^^^Gorilla Gurl posting above, this IS without a doubt the most entertaining thread I've ever read on any board at any time...

I'm only on page 5 right now. If Jay in PHX comes in then it's really going to get funny. I do HOPE that in the event said Gorilla Gurl takes over that the mods find it in their heart to "hang that n-bomb until it's dead. " (Slim Pickens)

(Oh and delete the written incontinence it creates).

TIA
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Tom In VA wrote:
quacker backer wrote:WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF CREATIONISM???!!

HOLY SHYTE
Well this thread, was created and then :shock:

It evolved. :lol:
But not intelligently.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Tom In VA wrote:By no means do I intend to devalue the fortitude, courage and sacrifice of U.S. Warriors. But warriors of all nations earn that same respect. The winning armies of the U.S. i.e. the Union in the Civil War through today have probably the best supply chain and logistical support network than any other.
you can drop the probably part. the US military has the best logistics of any military, evah. Actually, I should amend that to the best, once we set our minds to it. At the starts of both WWII and korea, our lack of preperation should have gotten some senior military/political fukkers shot. Fortunately desert storm happened when we were at the top of our game and it showed.