Babs vs Skull: Who's wearing the sig???

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Which team is going deeper in the dance???

Michigan St
40%
Oklahoma
20%
Both out in same round
40%

Total votes: 15

Shine
Leads all Lists

Babs vs Skull: Who's wearing the sig???

Post by Shine »

The time for the teams of these posters to put up or shut up is finally here. Both teams draw a 6 seed. My two cents.

MSU has the easier first round game. I really like GMU and they play amazing D but they're just too small to handle Paul Davis and I can't overlook the tourney experience the Sparties have. Assuming MSU moves on they'd likely play UNC. A tough matchup to be certain but in many ways plays to MSU's advantage. MSU would rather play a more uptempo game but most B10 teams won't allow that to happen while UNC is more than ready to run. So the tempo would be what MSU wants and they'd have the big edge in experience. IMO this is a tossup game.

OU has a fight on their hands in the first round with a very game UW-Milwaukee squad. Pearl may be gone but this team can still ball and I've not been too impressed with OU, a team that can win against good teams but lose to some dregs. I think OU might be looking at an early exit, but if they do get out of the first round it opens up for them. Florida is a poorly coached and easily beatable team (assuming they get past S. Alabama which isn't a given). I like OU's chances in the second round better than the first.

I'm going with MSU in a close one.
Last edited by Shine on Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

I would have thought at the beginning of the season that this wouldn't have been close, but MSU had a shitty season, practically a non-factor in the B10, and had an early exit from the B10 tourney.

Unless they play deep into the NCAA tourney, MSU is my nominee for the most overated team this year in Div 1A.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I don't think that OU makes it to the round of 16. I think MSU does. I'm even picking that in my bracket. I'm jus' sayin'. Babs, get that pic-less sig ready. Lol.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

FLW Buckeye wrote:I would have thought at the beginning of the season that this wouldn't have been close, but MSU had a shitty season, practically a non-factor in the B10, and had an early exit from the B10 tourney.

Unless they play deep into the NCAA tourney, MSU is my nominee for the most overated team this year in Div 1A.
Shitforbrains. We went to the semi's. 2-1 record. Playing our third game in less than 48 hours! Do the Math, asshat. Kind of a fucked deal, if you expect to beat a team that played 1 gm. over 24 hours earlier. You went to tOSU. Even you can figure that shit out. Fuck, ya lost to Iowa too! So go suck a crank, Buck fan.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Yeah, UW-M looks dangerous to me.

I think UNC will be happy to run with MSU. Davis v. Hansbrough will be a must see matchup.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

As someone who boldly predicted State would be fortunate to make it out of the first weekend...I feel pretty good about that take with the upstart Tarheels lurking in the second round. It'll be a battle of a veteran team against a young team but it'll pit two great coaches. That could be one of the best second round games and I wouldn't count out the Spartans. As helmet mentioned...that Hansbrough vs. Davis matchup should be nice. If Davis wins that matchup, State should win because I definitely like their guards better than Carolina's.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

MSUFAN wrote:
FLW Buckeye wrote:I would have thought at the beginning of the season that this wouldn't have been close, but MSU had a shitty season, practically a non-factor in the B10, and had an early exit from the B10 tourney.

Shitforbrains. We went to the semi's. 2-1 record. Playing our third game in less than 48 hours! Do the Math, asshat. Kind of a fucked deal, if you expect to beat a team that played 1 gm. over 24 hours earlier. You went to tOSU. Even you can figure that shit out. Fuck, ya lost to Iowa too! So go suck a crank, Buck fan.
Here's the math that even you can understand, dumbass.

MSU won 2/4 games needed to win the B10 tourney= early exit.

Whining about playing games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday= 3 games in 3 days= excuses at tourney time.

MSU's seeding in the B10 tourney = .500 regular season conference record generated by your school= nonfactor this year in the B10.

Buckeyes losing to Iowa in B10 tourney + going 0-1 against them in the regular season= Zero relevance to this thread.

Don't let the facts kick you in the ass.

And as I stated earlier, unless they play deep into the NCAA tourney, MSU is my nominee for the most overated team this year in Div 1A.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

helmet wrote:Davis v. Hansbrough will be a must see matchup
Why, do you want to see Davis whipped like the pussy he is?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Nah, I want to see who can make the best sourpuss face.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Very clever post, FLW. Clarify what "going deep in the tourney" is, and you might become the 2nd dumbass in here to wear a sig. this month. I so hope you get the Gators. Hell, Georgetown, if it weren't for their retarded coach, will give tOSU fits!

Abd helmet. At least PD's face doesn't have this gloryhole look to it, like Sheldans does. Guys lips look like they form a nice pussy cleft. Or spincter crak.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Imagine if Davis played for Duke.....he'd be hated 10 times worse than Redick. I always think Davis is going to start bawling.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:Abd helmet. At least PD's face doesn't have this gloryhole look to it, like Sheldans does. Guys lips look like they form a nice pussy cleft. Or spincter crak.
You mean like the fucking guy in your av? Great call.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

rack Killian.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Babs wins... :lol:
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

May g_d have mercy on our souls.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

There's a shot at a tie, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Come Babs... you know you wanna sig me up. :D

the_ouskull
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

I think both of you should wear the same loser sig.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

helmet wrote:I think both of you should wear the same loser sig.
Agreed, that was pathetic.

OU vs MSU in the tourney was a total
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If State wasn't so hung up with heaving wild three pointers in the final minutes and just got twos...Mason couldn't hit anything from the line. State should've made that game so much closer if they had better shot selection. Needless to say, I was enjoyed watching State melt down last night.

Carolina narrowly escaped and they'll get a stiff test from Mason now that they get Skinn back in the lineup. I look at the bottom half of the bracket...Tennessee is very vulnerable against Wichita State and Mason can very easily beat Carolina. We could see a Cinderella make it to the Elite 8 in the DC Bracket. Had Connecticut lost yesterday in historic fashion, that bracket would be up for grabs.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

MSUFAN wrote:Clarify what "going deep in the tourney" is, and you might become the 2nd dumbass in here to wear a sig. this month.
For starters, how about getting past the first round? :lol:

The only question now is when your sackless ass is going to show up in here. My money says April.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Hey... I'm here. I was all ready to wear a sig, too. Hell, at least OU lost to a GOOD team. George Mason? Seriously?

the_ouskull
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I voted that they would both lose in the same round. I thought it would be next weekend ..what do I know?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'd also like to declare 'bode on Babs for stating that it would be an accomplishment for the Spartans to make it out of the first weekend. I at least thought they'd win a game...I guess I over-estimated them as well. :lol:
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Clearly the most underachieving team in CBB this season.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cicero wrote:Clearly the most underachieving team in CBB this season.

Based on last year's success, what they had returning from last year, the guy roaming their sidelines and preseason expectations...I can't disagree with that statement. This team was a preseason #1 in some publications. I had them being a top 5-10 team and the class of the Big Ten going into the season. They lose Davis, Ager and Trannon to graduation and possibly Brown, if he leaves early...they're not going to be much of a factor next year. Babs isn't gonna have a lot to brag about next fall. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Poor point play finally caught up with them. I think that was a bigger flaw than their lack of depth. Neitzel was aided a lot last year at the point position, most notably by Chris Hill, but this year it was all on his shoulders. He's the most overrated recruit they've had since I can remember and really doesn't bring much to the team other than effort. He's too small and weak to penetrate and power his way to the basket to draw fouls, he's not a consistent shooter or scorer at all, and he spends way too much time dribbling around and not making anything happen. He's an assist man and that's all. You need much more than that out of your point guard.