For all the scUM fans. Especially BlindRef

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

For all the scUM fans. Especially BlindRef

Post by MSUFAN »

This post from Rivals dot com; just trumped ANYthnig that could come close to explaining how rediculous your program is. With NO end in sight. Certainly not next March!
Verde on Rivals.com wrote:Post #1229

Brian Ellerbe took UM to the NCAA tourney and then he won the NIT.. Reply:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In my estimation ... it'll take Amaker 10 years to accomplish as much!!!

Also, I had another chuckle when I realized that AIR FORCE received an at large tourney spot over UofM with ZERO athletic scholarships! That's like winning with a group of kids you found playing IM ball. Maybe Tommy needs to hire a drill sargent" ...
:lol:
That is just too much.

Hey, football is ONLY 5 1/2 months away!! And Lloyd has been doing SUCH a fine job with those kids.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Yet that "rediculous program" beat MSU this year. They also beat MSU in their worst season in 20 years.

Props, maybe?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Not really. We're in the dance. They'll be on their couches.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Didnt MSU and Michigan both lose 11 games??
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Had the same conference record as well...both 8-8. The only thing State has on Michigan is their non-conference resume. I think that game early on against UCLA would've been huge for Michigan if they held on to win when look at how good the Bruins are this year. Tell me anyone who thinks that Air Force selection isn't BS? Michigan basketball has been dead for quite a while after the crap they pulled with the Fab Five and Ed Martin but I do think they and a couple other teams got the shaft by the selection committee. I think that first round loss in the conference tourney to Minnesota might've done them in but they're just as deserving or more than Air Force or some of the other mid-major bubble teams.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I think Michigan should've gotten an invite. They would beat Air Force or Utah St on a neutral court, but I don't feel sorry for them because that team had to know a win over Minnesota in the 1st round would've locked it up for them, and they couldn't pull it off.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

No Duke angle? They have to be involved somehow....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mustang wrote:No Duke angle? They have to be involved somehow....
Babs said Redickulous. but he's dillusional. ;)
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Not sure why I am getting called out, or why I care what some douche bag on Rivals.com thinks about the situation.

Yeah, Michigan didn't make the tournament, they lost 7 of their last 9. No conference deserves 7 teams in the tournament, and Michigan was the 7th team.

Hopefully State will get bounced early, at least that will make me feel a little better.

Oh, and NO way does Air Force deserve a spot, what a fucking joke.
Those who stay will be champions.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Ater the SHIT I endured from assmunches like you, ref; I just wanted to reset a very pertanent post. That's why the call out.

Your snub points mostly to "legacy" in the sport. A legacy that is still burning a hole in you, isn't it.
The comittee still remembers the worst pay for play scandal in the history of college hoops. And the wrist slap the NC2A gave to you.

Enjoy UNC v. MSU this Sunday night. It should be a classic. If we get by that one. Look out. Tenn. sucks ass, and can be beat in DC. Plenty of MSU alums in DC. And playing UCONN in DC would be nothing but a Win-Win situation. The nations best team, played next door to their fan base. I'd pay good money to see that one.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I think Michigan should've gotten an invite. They would beat Air Force or Utah St on a neutral court, but I don't feel sorry for them because that team had to know a win over Minnesota in the 1st round would've locked it up for them, and they couldn't pull it off.
please

Michigan wasn't a good team. they would get schooled by many of the midmajors.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

MSU, IF your boys get there (UCrunk), I'll do the near-unthinkable.....root for State. ABC.....used to be Carolina.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Michigan had a very soft non-conference schedule. The only two power conference opponents were...Notre Dame in South Bend, a 4 point win and UCLA at Crisler Arena, a 7 point loss. They started 10-1 because of their patsy schedule and then were brought back to earth when the conference season started. Maybe if they win that UCLA game or go 9-7 or 10-6 in the Big Ten...that puts them in. It probably came down to a couple of more wins would've done it for them. Wolverine apologists can't use the schedule complaint because they didn't have a tough schedule.

On the other hand, I think Michigan State...who usually has a murderous non-conference schedule...had a relevantly easy one this year compared to the past. Their best non-conference win against Boston College in East Lansing. They narrowly lost to Gonzaga in Hawaii and beat Arizona by only 3 points. They also have a 19 point win over tourney-bound Wichita State at Breslin. Not the greatest schedule they've had but wins over three tourney teams like Boston College, Arizona and Wichita State definitely trumps Michigan...even if they shared the same conference record and split the head-to-head. Add to the fact they won two games in the conference tournament.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

I am not sure why I am responding to this, but Babs, the reason you get shit from me and everyone else is because you are a garbage troll.

There are fans of Michigan's rivals that I respect, 88, Peter Dragon, MGoblue Light....etc because they are stand up guys. When Michigan used to be able to beat Ohio State in football, those guys manned up and showed up. When Michigan beats State in football, or sneaks one out in Basketball, the good fans show up. Just like when Michigan loses, no matter to who, I am on this board showing up.

But, you are a bitch, you run and hide, and only post when State is doing well or Michigan fucks something up. You are a worthless troll, and a terrible poster. The quality of this board drops when you are on it.

Go ahead, call me out, and when you do I'll show up and man up, something you wouldn't understand.

When State losses in the tournament you'll dissapear again. Here's to hoping that loss comes soon.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

He'll dissappear and come back with some biased ref, paranoia conspiracy drivel.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Adelpiero wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I think Michigan should've gotten an invite. They would beat Air Force or Utah St on a neutral court, but I don't feel sorry for them because that team had to know a win over Minnesota in the 1st round would've locked it up for them, and they couldn't pull it off.
please

Michigan wasn't a good team. they would get schooled by many of the midmajors.
Going 8-8 within the nation's highest rated conference usually gets you into the tournament...in Michigan's case, they didn't have that big out of conference win to push them over the top. On top of that, they couldn't pull off a single win in the Big Ten tourney. Still, that being said, their wins over Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan State alone are practically more impressive than Air Force's entire resume.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

When State losses in the tournament you'll dissapear again. Here's to hoping that loss comes soon.
and so the watch begins.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

It is such an epic matchup that they decided not to stage it this year. Don't want to grab too much of the glory.

--Barb
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Would it be wrong to play the "at least we're still playing" card?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Very much so.

Don't do it again.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

i was joking.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Where the hell are you bitch!?? You call me out and you can't show up and take the heat.

Your basketball team is on the decline, you football team is garbage, and its not like you have academics to fall back on.

State sucks and you exemplify everything I hate about Michigan State fan.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

She'll be back to the facilities smack, ala 2000 vintage babs...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

He showed his face in the NHL board and pimped 'his' hockey team for winning the CCHA crown last night. I'm wondering why he's not jocking the chick hoops team too...they won yesterday too.