Nice win Aggies...

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

txangler74
Elwood

Nice win Aggies...

Post by txangler74 »

Make sure yall thank that bonehead pj tucker :?
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Had to be one of the dumbest plays I have seen in a long time. What was so dumb was the fans rushing the floor. It was a regular season game. Oh well, If we beat OU this weekend it is a mute point. We will win the Big XII, be the #1 seed and could have a Saturday rematch with the aggys. I can see a 30+ point payback.

Enjoy Frisco and Gal. Nice win.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Harvdog wrote: be the #1 seed and could have a Saturday rematch with the aggys. I can see a 30+ point payback
That #1 seed probably went down the drain with that game. Even with a big win over the okies looking at a #2. Atleast we'll be in Dallas for the first round. Ummm you mean the confrence tournament. :meds:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Harvdog wrote:Had to be one of the dumbest plays I have seen in a long time. What was so dumb was the fans rushing the floor. It was a regular season game. Oh well, If we beat OU this weekend it is a mute point. We will win the Big XII, be the #1 seed and could have a Saturday rematch with the aggys. I can see a 30+ point payback.

Enjoy Frisco and Gal. Nice win.
Come on Harv. 3 pointer to win the game against a top 10 team (who happens to be our rival). I can't think of the last time that happened for the Ags. Don't even think I was alive...if it did happen. Too drunk to look it up right now.

All I have to say is this...2 years ago and we were 0-17 in conference. 2 years later, Billy G has us a bye in the 1st round of the conf tourney and probably in the NCAA tourney.

I went to every home game for the Ags in college and also to the away games I could drive to and back when I was a student. My favorite A&M player of all time (until JJ) was Shaane Jones. I literally jumped off my couch in the basement when Law hit that 3 and raced around like a school girl with a new bike. Not because we beat t.u. but because we showed we are a good program up and coming.

I would like nothing more than to see our basketball program thrive. Unfortunately, A&M is a stepping stone for Coach G. However, I really hope he at least stays with us a couple more years to where we can recruit with you guys.

On to the game...

BIG props to Texas on thier zone. We COULD NOT get the ball into JJ AT ALL. Likewise, big props to A&M D for holding off the horns from running up the score while we had no inside presence. Paulino was pretty much a non-factor unlike last game. He hit some big 3's then.

All in all, a great game, no matter what side you are on. Refs did well. Players played great on both side (sans Tucker's brain fart). I had to watch the game on TIVO and I am going to burn it to a DVD.

Count that as my "rush to the court".
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

txangler74 wrote:
Harvdog wrote: be the #1 seed and could have a Saturday rematch with the aggys. I can see a 30+ point payback
That #1 seed probably went down the drain with that game. Even with a big win over the okies looking at a #2. Atleast we'll be in Dallas for the first round. Ummm you mean the confrence tournament. :meds:
i think he meant the #1 seed in the conference tournament not the Big Dance.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

I'm not convinced aTm will be a "steppingstone" for Billy G. If he could continue the turn-around, that could be a nice gig for a coach.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Mook wrote:I'm not convinced aTm will be a "steppingstone" for Billy G. If he could continue the turn-around, that could be a nice gig for a coach.
I agree. It's not like yall don't have the money to pay him when and if a traditional basketball power comes a calling.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

We do have the $, and Bryne is dedicated to "building champions" in all sports, not just football. We'll just have to see.

Like I said in the other thread, IU scares me. If they want our coach, they can probably get him. And I wouldn't blame him for going. Competing with texas, Oklahoma and the other national powers for Texas talent is tough when you're not the big kid ont he block. I'd love to see him build it though.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

IndyFrisco wrote:Competing with texas, Oklahoma and the other national powers for Texas talent is tough when you're not the big kid ont he block. I'd love to see him build it though.
If they are going to continue to get better they need to go after more than just Texas talent.....
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mook wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Competing with texas, Oklahoma and the other national powers for Texas talent is tough when you're not the big kid ont he block. I'd love to see him build it though.
If they are going to continue to get better they need to go after more than just Texas talent.....
As we did with bringing in Antoinne Wright. Imagine if he stayed for his senior year this year? We'd be in DAMN good shape right now.