Thoughts on the Super Bowl

The best of the best
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Thoughts on the Super Bowl

Post by Moorese »

1. Turns out that the rumors were true and Seattle was actually permitted to play in the Super Bowl. Damn. NEVER thought I'd see the day. May never see it again. Thus, I cannot help but feel a huge sense of pride in what the Seahawks accomplished this year. Nevertheless, I hope the Seahawks learned something about championship football such that they might make the most of another chance if it comes their way.

2. I've read countless articles this morning complaining about the officiating, some even suggesting that errant calls made a difference in the outcome of the game. As a Seattle fan, I'd love to believe it - to believe that we were fucked by boneheaded officials or the victim of some conspiracy to get Blitzburgh, Bettis, Cowher, and the Rooney family a ring. Trouble is...I don't believe it. In spite of a host of calls that went against the Seahawks that were arguably incorrect, Seattle still had its chances to win the game. When the momentum seemed to be on the verge of returning to Seattle and when Locklear was flagged for holding negating the Stevens catch at the 1, Seattle still had the ball with the chance to make a play. Hasselbeck, who might be the team's best player, threw the pick. He had his moment, penalties and miscues notwithstanding, and he did not get it done. You put the ball in the hands of your best players and hope they make the plays necessary to secure the win. As a whole, Seattle's best did not - Pittsburgh's best did.

3. Both teams made costly mistakes, not just the Seahawks. Sure, Stevens dropped a few. Let us not forget that the game MVP dropped a sure touchdown. Shit cuts both ways.

4. I've also read numerous accounts suggesting that the "better team" lost. Such a position ignores the obvious. The better team ALWAYS wins - that's how we know they are the better team. People keep comparing the teams in a vacuum, but football games have a context. Seattle created many more opportunities to seize the trophy, and failed to do so. Pittsburgh, with far less margin for error, took advantage of the few opportunities they managed to create. That, to me, is the mark of a champion and the better team.

4. The Steelers are one of the finest organizations in sports and this is demonstrated by the Rooney family, the front office and coaching staff, and damn near all of the players. The Steelers fans conduct themselves with class and rabid passion in perfect proportion. If you appreciate sportsmanship, the Steelers are the kind of franchise that you like to see crowned as a champion of a sport you enjoy.

Racks and respect to Blitzburgh.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Rack Moorese!

Deigo, take notes. This is how to come correct.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Now thats an honest take. RACK.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Moorese buries the myth that the Seahawks don't have quality fans. As I said, you probably won't hear Seahawks folks crying about the officiating, because there was a lot more that went into the result of this game.

Racks for the big-league sackup.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Props to PSUFAN for obviously hacking Moorese’s password.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I had to. He's got all the good T.P.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

You put the ball in the hands of your best players and hope they make the plays necessary to secure the win. As a whole, Seattle's best did not - Pittsburgh's best did.
Spot on and good read, mo.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I need to come correct regarding the Seahawks, and this seems like a good thread to do it in. I predicted a Steeler blow-out, and it was anything but that.

Even though Pittsburgh won by 11, this game was much closer than that and could've easily gone the other way. I've done nothing but bash the Hawks for what I perceived as an easy schedule against weak opponents and a particularly weak division schedule.

Turns out that didn't matter, and that Seattle was every bit a worthy NFC representative for Super Bowl XL. If a few breaks and calls had gone the other way, I could've easily been in here eating multiple servings of crow and shit-sandwiches today instead of just simply offering some well deserved props.

Rack the Seahawks for truly an epic season.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Rack Moorese for his classy post, but, ya know what, Seattle did get fucked by the refs. The cheesy holding call that took seattle from 1st and goal on the 2, to damn near mid field was the steak in their heart.

And no, I'm not a seachicken fan. I'm a depressed giant fan who was actually happy to see my old team from my 12 year old bandwagon days, the steelahs win. But, they played like shit, I guess they had a little karma coming their way after a decade of getting nothing but shit luck.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:I need to come correct regarding the Seahawks, and this seems like a good thread to do it in. I predicted a Steeler blow-out, and it was anything but that.

Even though Pittsburgh won by 11, this game was much closer than that and could've easily gone the other way. I've done nothing but bash the Hawks for what I perceived as an easy schedule against weak opponents and a particularly weak division schedule.

Turns out that didn't matter, and that Seattle was every bit a worthy NFC representative for Super Bowl XL. If a few breaks and calls had gone the other way, I could've easily been in here eating multiple servings of crow and shit-sandwiches today instead of just simply offering some well deserved props.

Rack the Seahawks for truly an epic season.
Props!
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Whoa people......if the officiating wasn't controversial we wouldn't be talking about it. Fact is, there were questionable calls that all went against one team. How many penalties did the Steelers get? 3? 4? How many yards? 20?

If you can't see that it was lop-sided then you're a fucking moron. I just wanted a decent game that the officials had nothing to do with. But that was too much to ask.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

The refs fucked the Seahawks. Then the Seahawks fucked the Seahawks. I'm not sure I'd be angry at the refs if I'm a Seahawk fan after seeing all the mistakes my team made. I'd be wondering why the fuck we couldn't crawl back into the game.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Here in the U&L, Moorese is definitely in the minority. Two days later, and these classless asshole are still blaming the refs.

Yeah, Junkies....they should change the NFL rules for one day, just so you can have your moment in the sun.

Freaking tards.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'd be wondering why the fuck we couldn't crawl back into the game.
That wasn't an NFC West team that they were facing.

You're welcome.