Hats off to you guys. Terrible job.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Agree

But the mvp should be Hines
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

rozy wrote:Agree

But the mvp should be Hines
Which ref was Hines?

m2
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

rozy wrote:But the mvp should be Hines
Or Parker. Dude changed the entire game with his run.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

RadioFan wrote:
rozy wrote:But the mvp should be Hines
Or Parker. Dude changed the entire game with his run.
Hines had the big 3rd down catch and the TD rec. Gotta be Hines.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Yep
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Re: Super Bowl MVP?

Post by M2 »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
T REX wrote:Gotta be the officiating crew..........

Seriously, STFU.
eat another donut, you fat fuck.

m2
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:

Seriously, STFU.
Huh? I guess you were head down in the dip. You didn't see the awful calls? Hell, even Madden, who usually avoids officiating comments, thought several were suspect.

The call on Jackson in the endzone was ridiculous. Disappointing. I am a fan of neither but with all the bad calls this year.....you would have liked to see or hear nothing about it.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Deckard
Crack Whore

Post by Deckard »

...and if someone runs by you on your way to the QB, better pray he doesn't fall down cause that is still holding??
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Deckard wrote:...and if someone runs by you on your way to the QB, better pray he doesn't fall down cause that is still holding??
...and don't tackle the runner if you're a Seahawk qb, or it's unnesessary roughness and 15 yards.

m2
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Shocked that Florida fan bitches of the calls when the game wasnt even that close. The couple calls that went against the Seahawks wouldnt have made the diff.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:

Seriously, STFU.
No shit.

That fucking crew made some serious on the money calls.

The out of bounds catch. The obvious push off no TD by Seattle.
The replay guys got all calls correct. Ben's TD looked so close, there was NO WAY it could be "Conclusive" evidence to overturn. The numerous bonehead Seahawk holdings and illegal chops.

Unbelievably soundly officiated game.

Dumbass. :roll:
Last edited by MSUFAN on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Cicero wrote:Shocked that Florida fan bitches of the calls when the game wasnt even that close. The couple calls that went against the Seahawks wouldnt have made the diff.
You really are retarded.

the truth
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

How fitting. The Cryin Ryan Winner is bitching about the officiating.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I saw one bad call in that game. And that was the blocking call on Hasselback. Where are these other mystery bad calls?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

m2 wrote:
Deckard wrote:...and if someone runs by you on your way to the QB, better pray he doesn't fall down cause that is still holding??
...and don't tackle the runner if you're a Seahawk qb, or it's unnesessary roughness and 15 yards.

m2
Hey dumbass. Watch the play. Hasselbeck goes low to chop a blocker for the return. Stupid fuck. That's an illegal block, bitch.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Cicero wrote:How fitting. The Cryin Ryan Winner is bitching about the officiating.
My bad... here ya go

the truth
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MSUFAN wrote:
m2 wrote:

m2
Hey dumbass. Watch the play. Hasselbeck goes low to chop a blocker for the return. Stupid fuck. That's an illegal block, bitch.
Huh????

Idiot... he never touched the blocker you fuckin' moron!!!

He tackled the runner!

I'm surrounded by tards!

the truth
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

Game was da kine, brah...
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

m2 wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:
m2 wrote: ...and don't tackle the runner if you're a Seahawk qb, or it's unnesessary roughness and 15 yards.

m2
Huh????

He tackled the runner!

I'm surrounded by tar
Dude. You've been one of the stupidest twits in hre for years. I'll Tivo it back for ya, ass. He chopped a blocker in front of the interceptor before the guy falls. What fucking game you watching?! Illegal play. Dirty ballplayer!
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MSUFAN wrote:
m2 wrote:
MSUFAN wrote: Hey dumbass. Watch the play. Hasselbeck goes low to chop a blocker for the return. Stupid fuck. That's an illegal block, bitch.
Huh????

He tackled the runner!

I'm surrounded by tar
Dude. You've been one of the stupidest twits in hre for years. I'll Tivo it back for ya, ass. He chopped a blocker in front of the interceptor before the guy falls. What fucking game you watching?! Illegal play. Dirty ballplayer!
Let's see it!!!

We'll all be waiting...

the truth
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

easy....BEVIS

no need to start a new thread.
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

BSmack wrote:I saw one bad call in that game. And that was the blocking call on Hasselback. Where are these other mystery bad calls?
One was in (I believe) the 2nd Q. 3rd down pass play to Strong. Notice that when he goes down that where Strong puts the ball to the ground is where he leaves it. Referee picks up the ball & moves it back a yard.

Three plays later the ref does the opposite for Roth's td.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The refs screwed up big time in the first half but the Steelers won that game in the second half. The refs didn't cause Stevens to drop those passes and the refs didn't mismanage the clock in the final drive. Props to the Steelers..they won the game.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

m2 wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:

Seriously, STFU.
eat another donut, you fat fuck.

m2

No shit man. Mr. PC will now tell us how we can not blame the officials.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
BSmack wrote:I saw one bad call in that game. And that was the blocking call on Hasselback. Where are these other mystery bad calls?
One was in (I believe) the 2nd Q. 3rd down pass play to Strong. Notice that when he goes down that where Strong puts the ball to the ground is where he leaves it. Referee picks up the ball & moves it back a yard.

Rack and don't forget the first and goal Seattle lost.

I didn't know NBA officials moonlighted as NFL refs.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Shoalzie wrote:The refs screwed up big time in the first half but the Steelers won that game in the second half. The refs didn't cause Stevens to drop those passes and the refs didn't mismanage the clock in the final drive. Props to the Steelers..they won the game.
We will hear this and similar statements from 98% of talk show hosts and analysts that have their balls stored beneath their woman's pillow.

The refs didn't make Roth throw that pick either but to say they did not affect the game is a cop out. Those canned responses are a joke because you are not truly taking into consideration the argument. If you know ball, you know those clowns were all over the place on their calls. The Steelers may very well have won but to deny the obvious then you're just falling in line with the rest...the way you're supposed to.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm not saying the refs didn't have an impact in the game. The Jackson call and the Roethlisberger call were a 14 point swing...that's huge in a game like this. However, in the second half, the officials were the furthest thing from my mind. The Steelers won the game in the second half and were damn close to blowing the game wide open had Roethlisberger not thrown that pick to Herndon.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:

The Strong spot was a good one. As was the Roethlisberger one.

But I did see one other bad call now that I think of it. On Herndon's INT return, Ben was clearly blocked in the back by Winstrom.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

BSmack wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

The Strong spot was a good one.
You're fucking blind.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:You're fucking blind.
Then so is Mike Holmgren and the entire Seattle coaching staff for not spending a challenge on the call. If it was as clear as you say, why didn't we see a red flag?

In fact, I didn't even see Holmgren so much as move on that play.

Face it, the Seahawks were nervous and soft. It cost them.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
UCant Unretires Again

Post by UCant Unretires Again »

My vote for Steelers MVP:

A.) The Steelers 12th man -- phantom PI on Jackson, phantom blocking below the waist call on Hasselback, phantom TD by BelowAverageBurger, numerous phantom holds on Seattle, etc, etc, etc. Reminded me of the Steelers/Indy game a couple of weeks ago, except somehow Pittsburgh overcame that obvious fix job. Seattle had no answers for Bill Leavy.

B.) Seattle receivers -- Stevens accounted for 4 of the 9 dropped passes. Dreadful performance.

C.) Tom Rouen -- touchback much? Horrible.

The better team did not win this game. Roethlisberger choked just like he did last year against the Patriots. Dude flat out sucks in big games. The Steelers basically got bitchslapped all over the field last night. They made 3 big plays when it counted and obviously had the officials on their side. I've never seen a team play so poorly and yet win a Super Bowl. RACK the Steelers 12th Man.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

UCant comtemplating a whole year of Steelers scoreboard.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

You can call it crying all you want, Bsuck. But when columnists from around the country are equally questioning the officiating you can't say it's just a case of sour grapes.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

If I were a Seahawk fan, I wouldn't be crying about the refs stealing this one. I would point to the fact that they were controlled by the Steeler DL, and that they failed to make any plays.

Of course, none of the folks crying here actually are Seahawk fans, so we know what the crying is about...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:You can call it crying all you want, Bsuck. But when columnists from around the country are equally questioning the officiating you can't say it's just a case of sour grapes.
I say it is a case of columnists both not understanding the game of football and wanting to sell papers.

You may now go back to never posting in the football forum you sorry assed bandwaggoning fuck.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

PSUFAN wrote:If I were a Seahawk fan, I wouldn't be crying about the refs stealing this one.
I would point to the fact that they were controlled by the Steeler DL, and that they failed to make any plays.

Of course, none of the folks crying here actually are Seahawk fans, so we know what the crying is about...
They made plays. It's just that the refs rendered the drives useless.

Compare the yardage for both teams. Compare the time of possession for both teams. Didn't make any plays.....what are you smoking?
UCant Unretires Again

Post by UCant Unretires Again »

PSUFAN wrote:I would point to the fact that they were controlled by the Steeler DL.
What game did you watch? :lol:

Is that what you call giving up 137 yards rushing and 5.5 yds/carry?

Seattle ran the ball effectively most of the evening, and on most passing plays, had a lot of time to throw the ball. They just dropped too many damned balls. It was laughable. The Steelers had little to do with Seattle's lack of success on offense.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

PSUFAN wrote:If I were a Seahawk fan, I wouldn't be crying about the refs stealing this one. I would point to the fact that they were controlled by the Steeler DL, and that they failed to make any plays.

And your the voice of objectivity?

STFU and RACK Ucant
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

There's no question the Strong spot was horrible at best. However, Walrus should have sacked up and thrown the red flag. Mistake by the refs, but a BIGGER mistake by Holmgren.

The PI call was a joke, but Stevens drops were even a BIGGER joke. Bottom line, Seattle made BIGGER mistakes then the refs and thats what cost them the game.

Congrats Squeelerfan. Good luck trying to repeat.