The Phog of War

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

The Phog of War

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Today my beloved Sooners go to Phog Allen. The Phog has not been as kind to the Sooners at it has to me. I have had horrible yet grand experiences at the Phog. It's an arena that I have never seen equalled in atmosphere and I have also been to both the Dean Dome and Cameron as well as most of the Big 12 arenas.

Five games is the exact tally that I have attended; 3 with my late grandfather, two with my father, three against Oklahoma, two against Kansas State. My grandfather was a KState grad and we went to the games with a legend of Kansas basketball that he was close friends with. These are some of my fondest memories of my grandfather, despite the fact that most of them involve vugalrities that would make a sailor blush as his friend sat back and smiled while explaining the art of basketball.

I think... no I know that Oklahoma is the better team between the two this year but we will not win this game. Oklahoma does not win at the Phog.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: The Phog of War

Post by Moby Dick »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Today my beloved Sooners go to Phog Allen. The Phog has not been as kind to the Sooners at it has to me. I have had horrible yet grand experiences at the Phog. It's an arena that I have never seen equalled in atmosphere and I have also been to both the Dean Dome and Cameron as well as most of the Big 12 arenas.

Five games is the exact tally that I have attended; 3 with my late grandfather, two with my father, three against Oklahoma, two against Kansas State. My grandfather was a KState grad and we went to the games with a legend of Kansas basketball that he was close friends with. These are some of my fondest memories of my grandfather, despite the fact that most of them involve vugalrities that would make a sailor blush as his friend sat back and smiled while explaining the art of basketball.

I think... no I know that Oklahoma is the better team between the two this year but we will not win this game. Oklahoma does not win at the Phog.

the refs in the last 3 min. of this game suck fucking ass.

dont know how many times Taj or Bookout were fouled and a no call.

gg hawks...
1 sec. left.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

what a joke.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

This has me PISSED!!!! We got royaly SCREWED!!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Mike, my rule that has stood for over 20 years, went down.

Rock Chalk the refs.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Bad Refs? Yup.

Refs cost OU the game? Nope.

Typical, typical Kelvin Sampson. Did any of you SEE that fucking joke of an offense in the second half? For the 684th consecutive game, the team with Kelvin on its bench had the second-best offensive scheme.

[OU Point Guard] Dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble... [/OU Point Guard]

[Rest of Team] Stand still, stand still, stand still, stand still, stand still... [/Rest of Team]

I try not to get on the OU football coaches too much (sans Chuck Long) because I didn't play college football so I don't fully understand the playbook. But I know basketball Xs and Os and I can say without a doubt that my high school's offense was more advanced than Kelvin's.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

The Super Bowl is now ruined...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Props to the Jayhawks, I guess.
this is what i was going to type word for word.

i'm trying to be a good sport, but that was REALLY BAD.

Mario Chalmers putting his open-palmed hand in the chest of an OU defender on KU's last hoop.....looked like the Heisman Trophy. unbelievable. Gray had to have been fouled 10 times shooting in the last 3 minutes. refs are calling ticky tack fouls on the perimeter all game and then KU;s guards start slapping at the ball late...no calls.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

War Stoops wrote:Bad Refs? Yup.

Typical, typical Kelvin Sampson. Did any of you SEE that fucking joke of an offense in the second half? For the 684th consecutive game, the team with Kelvin on its bench had the second-best offensive scheme.

[OU Point Guard] Dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble... [/OU Point Guard]

[Rest of Team] Stand still, stand still, stand still, stand still, stand still... [/Rest of Team]

I try not to get on the OU football coaches too much (sans Chuck Long) because I didn't play college football so I don't fully understand the playbook. But I know basketball Xs and Os and I can say without a doubt that my high school's offense was more advanced than Kelvin's.

What offense was Oklahoma supposed to produce with a player literally hanging off of Bookout's right shoulder the entire second half and never once being called a foul on for it? What offense was Oklahoma supposed to produce with everytime TE taking a shot having a Kansas body thrown into him as though he is a tackling dummy at a football practice? What offense was Oklahoma supposed to produce with Taj Gray having a KU player litterally hanging onto his jersey with or without the ball?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

It didn't help that OU blew a 15-point (?) lead in the second half. Make some stops and the refing becomes a mute point.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

RadioFan wrote:It didn't help that OU blew a 15-point (?) lead in the second half. Make some stops and the refing becomes a mute point.
No it didn't help at all radio but the refs were anything but a moot point. Oklahoma had some very ticky tacky fouls called on the Kansas end of the court out on the perimeter that were not nearly as flagrant as what was going on on our end. Kansas also only had 2 fouls called on them the last 13 minutes of the game and one of those was with 1.6 seconds left. The foul descrepancy in the second half was nearly four to one in favor of Kansas.

The entire game was horribly officiated, not just the final 12 minutes. The difference between the last twelve minutes and the previous 28 was that it was badly called both ways instead of one way.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

What just BURNS my ass, is the way you fuckers lament on State as they ran into a WORSE officiating crew in Ann Arbor!

And all we hear about is YOU fucks chastising MSUfan, because he's not immediately here, as if he has NO LIFE whatsoever. Christ; I fucking average just over 1 post per day, asswipes!

Now; all we read is Refs.......refs.......refs from Soonerfan!? :lol: Funny, isn't it? That pesky KARMA!!!!

So, from now on, shut your YAPS, ok Soonerfan!????
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

War Stoops wrote:Bad Refs? Yup.

:lol: This post :lol:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MSUFAN wrote:What just BURNS my ass, is the way you fuckers lament on State as they ran into a WORSE officiating crew in Ann Arbor!

And all we hear about is YOU fucks chastising MSUfan, because he's not immediately here, as if he has NO LIFE whatsoever. Christ; I fucking average just over 1 post per day, asswipes!

Now; all we read is Refs.......refs.......refs from Soonerfan!? :lol: Funny, isn't it? That pesky KARMA!!!!

So, from now on, shut your YAPS, ok Soonerfan!????
we were in here a few hours after a loss you take five to ten days. Karma would be you getting you finger broke and your vocal cord ripped out.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

I distinctly remember Babs blaming the refs for OU's win over MSU at Auburn Hills.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Worst officiating I've ever seen in a basketball game.
Impossible. Ed Hightower wasn't there.

As an impartial observer I watched the game. It wasn't bad officiating, they just let BOTH TEAMS get away with shit at the end of the game.
why is my neighborhood on fire
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:Worst officiating I've ever seen in a basketball game.
Impossible. Ed Hightower wasn't there.

As an impartial observer I watched the game. It wasn't bad officiating, they just let BOTH TEAMS get away with shit at the end of the game.
For the first 28 minutes I agree. For the last 12 I disagree. Kansas got five fouls in the last ten minutes off of ticky tack perimeter fouls. Terrel Everrit literally was tackled during a three point attempt in an ensuing possesion and nobody even hinted at their whistle.

I don't know why I am so damn upset at anyrate. I knew coming in that we would lose a close game hence the original post in this thread but the way it occured just has my knickers in a bunch.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I don't know why I am so damn upset at anyrate
Because the scrawny and ineffective KU inside game had more to gain from refs that left their whistle silent at the end of the game.

In the Big XII there is little consistency between games. Mizzoufan doesn't see a foul called inside until a person actually shoots Kevin Young in the face.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Christ; I fucking average just over 1 post per day, asswipes!
You average 0 posts per day on the two days following MSU losses, and about 50 on the days following OU losses... It's not the same, dipshit.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Gentleman, please!!! Get a grip. The game was poorly officiated. It was a rough game. I thought there were several missed calls inside on Kansas in both halves. However, a physical game in which there are a lot of turnovers should absolutely favor Oklahoma....in fact, I'd guess with Gray and Bookout inside you all would want most refs to swallow their whistles, in this game they did, and they did it both ways. Neither team reached 7 team fouls in the second half. For the game, 14 fouls were called on OU, 11 on Kansas. It wasn't like they were whistling anybody for fouls. Kansas was 7-10 from the foul line and OU was 6-7. It was a rough fuckin' game and you all kicked Kansas' ass for 32 minutes and basically had a total meltdown from minutes 8 to about 4. The fifteen point lead basically evaporated in three minutes, and that ain't officiating. Two teams both played very mediocre in my opinion and it was a one point game, very fitting. Both of these teams have a long way to go if they want to make any noise in March. I actually felt bad for you cats until I came in here and saw all of this ridiculous bitching. Get over it, you all played shitty for half the second half and lost as a result. Both teams played shitty for about ten minutes of each half....the officiating was about as good as the play was ont the court. Too bad Sooners.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Mook wrote:a physical game in which there are a lot of turnovers should absolutely favor Oklahoma.
Disagree. KU can't guard Gray and Bookout without hacking them.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Mook wrote:a physical game in which there are a lot of turnovers should absolutely favor Oklahoma.
Disagree. KU can't guard Gray and Bookout without hacking them.
I was just about to post the same thing.

No foul?

Taj Molested

Taj Raped

Game winning shot. Chalmers clearly extends his arm and intiates contact with Michael Neal.

Those are just what they missed in the final 3 minutes.

Wish I could find one of the Terrel tackle as well because that was the most blatant foul I had ever seen not called. I didn't realize that football tackling was being incorperated into college basketball until that moment.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

OUMO wrote:Mike, my rule that has stood for over 20 years, went down.

Rock Chalk the refs.
don't think i wasn't thinking about that while i was watching the game.

i was just curious if you were still in the room when the clock hit 7:00.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

My bad, fellas. Oklahoma played a perfect game. The refs screwed them. :meds:
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

You guys must be joking when you talk about the Chalmers drive at the end of the game.......first, it wasn't a foul, it was a flop. Second, even it was a foul, they hadn't called that type of infraction all game, why start with 20 seconds. Your videos are not evidence of any egregious non-calls.....I would have thought you'd come up with better. Non-calls went the other way as well. Insanity reigns in here today.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

One more thing Suncoast.....on the "Taj raped" clip, are you just conveniently overlooking Taj's push in the back to get the rebound prior to his supposed rape?!?!?! Once again, the officials called nothing on either team. This clip simply shows that Gray should have been whistled for a foul before anything else could have happened.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

War Stoops wrote: Did any of you SEE that fucking joke of an offense in the second half? For the 684th consecutive game, the team with Kelvin on its bench had the second-best offensive scheme.

At least someone in here knows why OU left Allen on the short end yesterday. I thought Clark Kellogg was going to put down his headset and start coachin' em' up during those half-court abominations. Even Dick Bennett had to be laughing at that "offense."

btw, i agree, the officiating sucked.

Sin,
Anyone with two eyes.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

God bless Alaskans, eh Froz!