When vince goes to the NFL...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Young's mechanics are terrible. You can't run the option in the pros. He is a COLLEGE qb only. He's a Gino Toretta, a david klingler, an andre ware, a danny weurffel.......great college qb but won't make it on sundays. Not gonna happen.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Just my .02c.

The NFL is worlds away from SC's defense. SC was top loaded all on offense. Doing what VY did against SC vs. Pro defenses, is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Also, in the Pro's, there's a playbook the size of Warr & Peace. At UT, I swear it looked like dude was just shouting reciever patterns to his recievers, and deciding which way to run for 17 yards, if he ddoesn't hand it off to his single back.
The kids been playing pickup ball for two seasons!
Wait til the Pro's run all those scheme's and the players run twice as fast. then we'll see.

That's why most still say Leinart, because of his smarts with a variety of offensive plays, and his pocket passing.

I hope VY falls before April to about 5th or so, so the Lions can trade up and grab him, though. :mrgreen:
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

rozy wrote: Straight out of Casserly's mouth.
Heh, how does this dumbass still have a job.

MSUFAN wrote:Just my .02c.

I hope VY falls before April to about 5th or so, so the Lions can trade up and grab him, though. :mrgreen:
Nothing would make me happier than to have Young join the Lions, I would probably start watching the NFL and adopt the Lions as my team.

Vince throwing to Williams and Williams would be awesome.

Even though the best place for him is the Titans, I will never cheer for a team owned by that pig fucking dick sucking piece of shit Bud Adams
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

T REX wrote:Young's mechanics are terrible. You can't run the option in the pros. He is a COLLEGE qb only. He's a Gino Toretta, a david klingler, an andre ware, a danny weurffel.......great college qb but won't make it on sundays. Not gonna happen.
Mechanics are fixable, he makes great decisions and he lead the nation in QB efficiency. None of the guy you mentioned (that I know of) ever did that. The big difference between Young and those guys are that Young is 6'5 and 240 lbs. His growth as a QB over the last two years is off the charts because of his coachability. There is no way anyone can compare him to any of those guys because none have his athletic ability, about the only person in the NFL that compares to him would be Vick, and Vick does not have his accuracy or work ethic.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Vito Corleone wrote:
T REX wrote:Young's mechanics are terrible. You can't run the option in the pros. He is a COLLEGE qb only. He's a Gino Toretta, a david klingler, an andre ware, a danny weurffel.......great college qb but won't make it on sundays. Not gonna happen.
Mechanics are fixable, he makes great decisions and he lead the nation in QB efficiency. None of the guy you mentioned (that I know of) ever did that. The big difference between Young and those guys are that Young is 6'5 and 240 lbs. His growth as a QB over the last two years is off the charts because of his coachability. There is no way anyone can compare him to any of those guys because none have his athletic ability, about the only person in the NFL that compares to him would be Vick, and Vick does not have his accuracy or work ethic.
Danny Weurffel set the ALL-TIME passing rating. So what? He has the same hitch in his throw. Yes, he has size......again...so what? There are 7 foot people that can't play in the NBA. He is NOT a pocket passer. He does not have the pro mechanics. He will NOT make it on Sundays.

Size isn't enough. Sorry, but he won't make it and I will gladly bet any amount.......
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Dinsdale wrote: Anyone care to name one besides Steve Young(who picked his spot, and only used the ruun as a bailout from a broken play, for the most part), who has A) Led their team to a Super Bowl victory, and B) Had more than a couple of years of effective running?

Roger Staubach.

A) Led team to TWO SB victories

B) Had 7 out of 11 years where he ran at least 40 times for at least an average of 4+ yds an attempt

Oh, and before you use your little "hedge" clause about not being a broken play...Staubach had several run plays designed for him. Naked bootleg, etc.

Pro Football Hall of Fame Website wrote: Making Staubach particularly dangerous was his ability to scramble out of trouble – his 410 career rushes netted him 2,264 yards for a 5.5-yard average and 20 touchdowns.

Good night now.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Vito Corleone wrote:There is a reason he was called Roger the Dodger the guy was a witch at getting out of trouble. It also contributed to his 7 concussions and early retirement.
I don't know if I'd call it an early retirement. He was 37 when he retired, at a time when most QB's hung it up at an earlier age than they do today (probably due to differences in conditioning, also due in part today to declining birthrates over the relevant time frame; simply, there just aren't as many good QB's coming out today as there were in years past). Then again, he played only 11 NFL seasons due to his Navy commitment, and some of that time was spent as a backup, so he would've been a relatively young 37 by NFL standards at the time but for the concussions.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mississippi Neck wrote:
Pro Football Hall of Fame Website wrote: Making Staubach particularly dangerous was his ability to scramble out of trouble – his 410 career rushes netted him 2,264 yards for a 5.5-yard average and 20 touchdowns.

Nice find ^^^^ :wink:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim