Metal heads.....

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Metal heads.....

Post by Dinsdale »

Any newer(open to interpretation) metal bands you'd recommend?

I'm still digging the metal, but it seems like there just aren't as many good ones coming along lately.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

What kind of stuff do you like?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

Type O Negative should have been big...
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
Fat Bones
In propria persona

Post by Fat Bones »

Most of what's called metal is a prime example of why I like instrumentals...I love the guitar, power chords, tempo changes and all that, then the fucker starts screaming, gut wrenching tormenting soul on fire, sniffed too much freon...I need karaoke metal.

Anyway this site rocks:http://www.metal-observer.com
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Slipknot is OK, but a little on the poppy-side.

I don't really consider Type O Negative to really be metal, and while "new" was left open to interpretation, I think I had one of their disks over 10 years ago. Love the strange cover tunes, though. If anyone has never heard them do Cinamon Girl, or Summer Breeze, it's worth a DL.

I think I recently heard a snippet from Lamb of God. I'll investigate further.

If any of you thrashers never checked out Damageplan, it's worth a listen. Wouldn't look for their follow-up to come out anytime soon, though.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Pig Destroyer's new album, Terrifyer, is pretty goddamn heavy. Kind of a mish-mash of grindcore, hardcore, & thrash. Good stuff.

The couple songs I heard from Damageplan I wasn't really into. A little too nü-metal for me. Maybe it's the singer. I much prefer Superjoint...

Also, if you get a chance to catch a Hank Williams III show, do it! His metal band, Assjack, is fucking awesome. They don't have any CDs out though. You'll have to see it live or look for bootleg mp3s.
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:The couple songs I heard from Damageplan I wasn't really into. Maybe it's the singer.
Hey now. I've met Homeboy(Pat Lachman is his name) in passing, but him and my old roommate were pretty tight. Therefore.......BEST. SINGER. EVAR!!!!!

I'll check out Pig Destroyer.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

scritti wrote:Type O Negative should have been big...
WAR the goth-style "Summer Breeze" and "Cinnamon Girl"! :twisted:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Baceña

Post by Baceña »

not metal, but heavy hardcore

Snapcase
Refused

dinsy, buy this album, it will blow your fucking mind:

Refused- The Shape Of Punk To Come

Dennis- All Things Vocal
Kristofer- Guitar, Bass, Drums
Jon- Guitars, Samplers
David- Drums, Guitar, Melodica
Magnus Björklund- Bass, Cello
Torbjörn Näsbom- Violin
Jakob Munck- Upright Bass
Pelle Henricsson- Tambourine

This Hardcore classic re-mixed in 5.1 DVD Audio!
"If a band ever finds that it is not giving their best effort and playing at the edge of their abilities at all times, then they are not playing the kind of music that they should be playing." - Patrick T. Daly, taken from the liner notes of "The Shape of Punk to Come" This philosophy, placed in the context of hardcore music, is what makes Refused so unique. On “The Shape of Punk to Come,” complex rhythms, hardcore rage, political activism and a dose of experimental sonic atmospherics, all smashed together to create a seamless ball of energy. Perhaps this explains why this aptly-titled record is often cited as the most influential record ever to arise from the hardcore genre, one that has spawned a whole new generation of like-minded, experimental politico posthardcore bands.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Fat Bones wrote:Most of what's called metal is a prime example of why I like instrumentals...I love the guitar, power chords, tempo changes and all that, then the fucker starts screaming, gut wrenching tormenting soul on fire, sniffed too much freon...I need karaoke metal.

That is a fuckin' great site. Thank you. Sincerely.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Fat Bones
In propria persona

Post by Fat Bones »

the_ouskull wrote:
Fat Bones wrote:Most of what's called metal is a prime example of why I like instrumentals...I love the guitar, power chords, tempo changes and all that, then the fucker starts screaming, gut wrenching tormenting soul on fire, sniffed too much freon...I need karaoke metal.

That is a fuckin' great site. Thank you. Sincerely.

the_ouskull
Yeah it is. 8) Enjoy the earspank.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Here is another great resource...

http://www.metal-archives.com/
"Keys, woman!"
Fat Bones
In propria persona

Post by Fat Bones »

I thought Megadeth died with Dave's drunken slumber number...?

I had tix to "The Twin Towers of Metal" Show scheduled for Sept.22, 2001...they, uh, cancelled that one.

Now, I discover, MegaDave has recruited a new band, cut 'The System Has Failed', and is selling out shows world wide...huh?!!

TSHF is supposed to be excellent...I should find out for myself in...19h48m@48kb/s... :lol: , The lead guitarist is the same guy from the Peace Sells era, Chris Poland.

Dave's an asshole, it's understood, but Megadeth making freshly baked metal is a very good thing.

4 more hours@75kb/s

EDIT:
Got it. Heard it. It is extremely familiar sounding...but totally fucking rocks. "Shadow of Deth" could have been left back at Dave's house...
really really baaaddd fake english accent, it just comes off corny.

Crank it to 11!

Check out Chris Poland's solo work and with OHM...especially the 90.7FM release...incredible stuff.

sample page