Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

The I hate Brent thread

Post by RadioFan »

Musburger, that is ...

During the Tex-tOSU game tonight, a few gems:
Folks, Jim Tressell has just been phenomenal in big games, and tonight folks, is a big game.
With these two quarterbacks, it's hard to imagine what this OSU offense can't do.
Texas, after a 9-yard run ...
OSU is just clamping down tonight.
This Ohio State defense just won't allow Texas anything to happen. Gary ... how will this affect Mac Brown and the Texas offense, potentially being down two scores, on the road?

:lol: :lol:

And my personal favorite, right at the beginning, as ABC was showing the graphic for the Texas' offensive line (players and pictures), as the game was literally, 30 seconds in ...
And now folks, the Ohio state linebackers, which we'll be talking about all night, tonight.
Fucking Jackass.

Just Die.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

He is the worst. I didnt listen to him during the FSU/Miami game. I muted it and listended to the FSU radio. He is gawd awful and a Big Ten homer. He needs to leave. Nessler/Griese is the best duo in CFB.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I liked it when t.u. got the safety and he said t.u. wanted to make sure not to kick it to Ginn on the upcoming free kick. Danielson had to remind him that once a team gets a safety on the other team, the other team must then kick it back to the team who just scored.

Classic.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

He's almost as bad as "Bob Griese"...

the truth
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I wonder if he won his bet tonight? It went under.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

IndyFrisco wrote:I liked it when t.u. got the safety and he said t.u. wanted to make sure not to kick it to Ginn on the upcoming free kick. Danielson had to remind him that once a team gets a safety on the other team, the other team must then kick it back to the team who just scored.

Classic.
Was that not hilarious, but sad? How long his this mensa been calling games?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

IndyFrisco wrote:I liked it when t.u. got the safety and he said t.u. wanted to make sure not to kick it to Ginn on the upcoming free kick. Danielson had to remind him that once a team gets a safety on the other team, the other team must then kick it back to the team who just scored.

Classic.
I was outside chasing one of my kids at the time. Missed that one.

Thank you. :lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Classic.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I thought Danielson was nuts because I didn't think you were allowed to onside a safety free kick. Musberger butchered the call for sure.

I've always said, as long as it's a great game, I don't care who's calling the game. Some people worry too much about the play-by-play. I'm fairly certain that none of you flipped on the tube just to listen the announcers...you sit down and watch two great teams go at it.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Shoalzie,

A good announcer is like a good ref. You don't notice them at all.

Anytime I'm watching a game and I consistently say to myself "Did he just say what I think he said?", it kind of takes away from my enjoyment of the game.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

IndyFrisco wrote:Shoalzie,

A good announcer is like a good ref. You don't notice them at all.

Anytime I'm watching a game and I consistently say to myself "Did he just say what I think he said?", it kind of takes away from my enjoyment of the game.

I get ya...it is hard not to notice them but if the game is exciting, I can really care less about what the guys in the booth are saying. There aren't a lot of great broadcasters out there anymore so I think I've lowered my standards with play-by-play. As long as you know who's playing and you bring some enthusiasm to the table, that's good enough. If the game is blowout, I'll flip the channel. I've never flipped the channel on a great game just because the broadcast was crappy. It's just such an insignificant thing to complain about.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Gottfried on ESPN is the best guy out there right now. Smart, doesn't make mistakes and like Indy said doesn't get in the way of the game.

unWAR tards like Brent, Keith, Davie, etc.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Brent must have been beside himself. Here he was with the best of both worlds, he could drone on about the Big 10 all night DURING a Big 12/Big 10 game. Normally, he has to find ways to name drop the Big 10 during a Big 12 game.

I missed most of this game as I was at the NU/WF game, but I did hear his safety gaff. That was classic...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

in the 4th Q Brent also tried some "for whom the bell tolls....." reference/Jim Nantz type thing but stopped midsentence after baffling even himself, i think.

one thing that annoys me about Danielson is about 15 times a game he'll say "if __fill in the blank__doesn't happen.....that was a SURE touchdown...".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

IndyFrisco wrote:Anytime I'm watching a game and I consistently say to myself "Did he just say what I think he said?", it kind of takes away from my enjoyment of the game.
Exactly.

Er, what do you mean? I just call it as I see it.

BentOver MustbeButtfuckedover.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Saw the title and had to chime in...

He always claims that the teams he is covering have something that is or could be the best in the nation...

ex. = "There is no better offensive line in the country" (tejas)

ex.2 = "Won't find a better trio of linebackers in the nation" (OSU)

Should be ex. 3 - "Hopefully you won't find a more meaningless bullet that hits me in my dome" (B.M.)
E UNUM PLURIBUS
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

RACK this whole thread. MUSTURDBURGER fucking sucks. I want to fuck his mother and leave a $20 or something.. (its not as funny as when 88 said it)
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

peter dragon wrote:RACK this whole thread. MUSTURDBURGER fucking sucks. I want to fuck his mother and leave a $20 or something.. (its not as funny as when 88 said it)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FIGHT ON!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

The guy basically has a job because he is a name because some dumbass hired him to anchor the NFLToday a long-ass time ago. While we are bitching we should single out the turd that made Mushbooger a name in the first place.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Brent sucks, but reading this always brings a smile to my face . . .

The Brent Musberger Drinking Game

Although I think they should have a "You Are Looking Live at a sold-out ________" rule in there as well . . .
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Cicero, I try the radio audio/ tv video thing often just because I like Gene and PT. However I find that I get a five-7 second difference in the 2. Makes my head swim especially when I'm drinking.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/4989133/detail.html

heh heh...who can blame the guy, after that debacle of a football game?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'd be drunk too if i was Brent and had to listen to myself talk 24/7. or maybe he was just celebrating his impending marriage to Vincent Young.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Anybody catch the hindsight.com bowl last night?

Cuntsburger threw out this gem, in case anybody missed it ...
This year's Fiesta Bowl will be played in Arizona State's home stadium ... where Ohio State and Notre Dame will be playing for all the marbles.
He and his "pardners" must be calling that game, since he propelled it to national title significance.

:meds:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

He sucks something awful. Thank gawd he isnt doing the Orange Bowl.

I started hating Brent when he would do Texas games in 98 &99 and say, "Now folks, here comes the Major."
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Cicero wrote:He sucks something awful. Thank gawd he isnt doing the Orange Bowl.

I started hating Brent when he would do Texas games in 98 &99 and say, "Now folks, here comes the Major."
I've hated Brent since his days on the old NFL Today show. You weren't even born yet.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: Image
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I've hated Brent since his days on the old NFL Today show. You weren't even born yet.
Yep, that and when he used to call NBA games for CBS. He and Dick Stockton sucked more Celtic dick in the 80s than a pair of Boston whores.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I've hated Turdburgler since the '85 Cotton Bowl when he was all over Bo Jackson's cock the whole time. At the end of the game when the Wrecking Crew held him to practically nothing, he was practically crying for Bo. Never gave credit to A&M.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Since we're taking a trip down memory lane today, at Brent's expense . . .

Anybody else remember the NCAA basketball championship game in '85, between Georgetown and Villanova? Imho, the greatest college basketball game ever played, but more to the relevant point, Brent called that game, and he was in rare form -- constant references to Georgetown as "The Champions." I had a lot of respect for Georgetown (true story: the year before I won the NCAA tournament pool in my dorm by taking Georgetown to win it all, when everyone else took either Kentucky or North Carolina), but Brent's fulsome attempts at ingratiation were beyond obnoxious. He was starting to sound like Howard Cosell calling one of Muhammad Ali's fights. Sickening, really.

I've never seen that game on ESPN Classic, but I have to believe it turns up from time to time, particularly around tournament time. Next time you see it on ESPN Classic, stop and listen for the Brent-isms.

Cicero and the other young whippersnappers (word used on purpose, Cicero, control yourself) on this board don't know how good they have it viz. Brent. At least today you can actually get away from him, at times. Back in the '80's, I swore up and down that CBS must have cloned the guy, numerous times, because every time I turned on the TV, there he was.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Musburger's only problem is that he sucks
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm still kind of surprised that out of all the Oklahoma-Texas games or ATM-Texas games he did 2000-2002....the old fruit never blurted out "Chris Simms has the cutest ass in all of college football. I love those white pants, pardner".
Turdmaker
Jake

Post by Turdmaker »

Radio Fan wrote:

Anybody catch the hindsight.com bowl last night?

I may be the only guy in America that actually looks forward to the endless plethora of irrelevant bowl games, but they're kind of cool from a watching two mismatched people fuck standpoint (aka 7 footer porking a midget) which you don't get often during the season. Rutgers and ASU has the kind of appeal---only to find that Cockgobbler was doing the game--of course he made sure to drop that he would be down doing the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl later.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

If Burnt Cheeseburger is announcing the Fiesta Bowl, then I'll have to put the TV on mute and listen to Tony Roberts and my classmate, Allen Pinkett (sorry for the Zy moment) on Westwood One. Only problem is that AM radio sometimes gives you lousy reception.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

A $10 antenna beats 4 hours of idiocy, if you have a home stereo near your TV.
Turdmaker
Jake

Post by Turdmaker »

Gnawing your own testicles off beats 4 hours of that asshole...Rarely does a broadcaster or broadcasting team enhance my enjoyment of a game--it's basically a guy or guys telling what you just saw, but this in the one guy I'll let the OL have the TV when he's doing a game. Obviously, sound down works, but just knowing that he's got something to do with an event that I'm interested in just poisons that event for me.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Don't know about your TV's, but I have digital cable and when I put the radio on, it is always like 4-5 seconds ahead of the action on the tube. Kinda makes it hard to do the radio/mute tv thing.

I'm loving the HDTV though right now. ESPNHD kicks ass. I only get ABC and NBC local in HDTV now though. I really would like to get CBS and FOX. Should be in the next 6 months or so.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

CBS has the best HD. Too bad they have the worst announcers and studio shows.