NU/Missouri - Did we forget?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

NU/Missouri - Did we forget?

Post by At Large »

What with several NU fans on this board and at least one Missouri fan that I know of, why aren't we talking about this?

I read over on tigerboard that some guy named HuskerH8er is already saying that beating Nebraska has lost its luster because we used to be good, but now we suck, so why should he get excited over beating a team that went 5-6 last year?

I really thought it was pretty funny. You get beat for about 20 years in a row and finally win one. Then you lost last year to the team that went 5-6 when you should have shredded our swiss cheese defense. Now it's getting old? That one victory suits you? You could die tomorrow knowing that you ruined a 2003 that was a catalyst for us getting rid of Frank Solich? We should be thanking you for exposing him because it would have been more of the same under the Frank regime since he never went after the highly touted recruits and instead focused on recruiting only when it suited him, in the summer, off weeks and after the season. Not exactly a winning strategy.

Missouri is the team that's on the coaching hire high. They fire a lame coach and then hire a new coach that promises the world. He then reaches a peak and then tanks so they fire him and bring in another one who promises the same thing. Gary Pinkel is in year 5 of his experiment and so far has only one winning season.

You see a team that has allowed double-digit scoring in every single game, including 17 to Arkansas State. They have a coach that has squandered what should have been a Heisman-like career whittle down to a footnote since Brad Smith is now the QB with the most rushing yards in the Big 12 as a career, but did many people notice?

Don't get me wrong. I totally realize that Nebraska is getting zero respect. Currently, they are the ONLY major conference team with one loss that is not ranked in either the AP or ESPN. I think 3-loss Michigan was getting more votes last week than Nebraska.

Watching Nebraska this year has been akin to watching a playright writing and rewriting his supposed masterpiece and then performing it live only to see some improvement the next time, but nothing earth shattering.

Basically, you're seeing a team with a lot of newcomers on offense finally trying to find itself. They aren't solid yet by a long shot, but they have gotten pretty good. They were good enough to almost come back from 21 down to Taco Tech only to choke on it when victory was literally in their hands.

Nebraska is an underdog in this game, but I think we win because this team has slowly gotten the confidence it needed to work. The receiving game that was like watching a flag football team with no preset routes now finally looks like they're on the same page. They've made do with injuries to some receivers they were counting on including Chris Brooks, who we stole from Missouri.

Our defense is banged up but still pretty solid. If Missouri can pick on our thin linebacker core, you have a great shot, but it Brad Smith is running for his life, Nebraska has a great shot.

I'm calling Nebraska 28, Missouri 20
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Well, I've pretty much given up on guessing what NU might try to do offensively week in and week out.
Callahan has really been a master at mixing it up. You'd think he'd try to pound Mizzou due to the fact their run "D" is non-existent. However, I'm convienced NU is a better pass block "O" line than running at people. Case in point, red zone passing vs. pounding it home. (who'd of thunk it?)

He could come out with 9 throws in the first 12 plays.

But to Callahan's credit, he continues to run the ball even when they are averaging 3 yards a carry.
I know defensive coodinators can't enjoy preparing for NU.
It's a crap shoot.

As for the game, Smith is a hot and cold guy. If he's feelin' it, he'll be real trouble. NU must keep the D-Ends home. They have the "kill the QB" mentallity which can burn you against Smith. They need to keep him in the pocket and make him make plays with his arm and not his legs.

Mizzou will get their points, so NU must control the ball and keep their offense on the sideline as much as possible.

NU holds the advantage on special teams although Mizzou has a good return game.

NU needs to score TD's in the red zone. FG's are a necessary evil but NU has to punch it in more than they have.

This game will come down to turnover advantage and special teams play.

I think?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

<-----Tigerfan here.

Mizzou has shown they can play with anybody...for one quarter. Ask Texass. They've also shown they can play down to anybody...ask OSU and freaking New Mexico. The MU defense simply blows monkey cack, so I look for a real shoot-out. If bad-ass Brad isn't getting the job done, I don't thing dumbass Pinkel will hesitate yanking his butt and putting in frosh phenom Chase Daniels, who single handedly brought them back from 10 down in the 4th last week against ISU.

NU has got it going somewhat now, but I don't think they're ready for a road test in an extremely hostile environment yet. Well, maybe after the game, one the Husker bench scrubs can cold cock a skinny MU band geek or something.

Mizzou 45
Huskers 28
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

IN

i loved this gem from Nebraska fan, cause when ever they get a MIssouri player, they are always the best player in state, and stole them from MU.
They've made do with injuries to some receivers they were counting on including Chris Brooks, who we stole from Missouri.
Brooks isn't shit. I watched him get punked like a bitch by 140lb white boys in title game. He's big for HS, avg for college. He dropped a lot of passes in title game, and had alligator arms near end of it. You hit guys like him and they fold.

The best WR in state was kid from Rockhurst who went to Notre Dame. And Chase Coffman, a TE, who can play WR, will be a Frosh All-american, and gives the team a ton more than Brooks ever would(he's 6'6 and can run routes). MU has quality WR, and has a chance at Maclin from Kirkwood.

Chase Daniel is a thrower, there is a reason his team was #1 in Nation last year in Highschool, he's a winner, they changed the offense for him, next year(hopefully without stinkel) we get to finally see an offense where the QB can throw and make big plays through the air!

This game will be decided by Missouri defense, if they can make some stops, they can win. And hopefully Daniel sees a lot of action, cause Smith has been erratic to say the least. He can't throw more than 10 yards, or chooses not to.

And if Pinkels headset gets shutoff, MU will have a chance
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Adel,

There is some speculation here, that Kevin Cosgrove may be a closet candidate for the MU job if your favorite coach gets run.
Any word of that floating around down there?
He's a player in recruiting in St. Louis.
I know he's in on working Adrian Clayborn.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'll admit i was wrong about Cosgrove and the NU D this year....but i can't say i'd get real excited about the possibility of him being my HC if i were Mizzou fan.

I've heard more about Barnett to MU, being up here in CO. though, Barney and the AD are playing things pretty close to the vest w.r.t to renewing the contract. also, there were some Glen Mason to CU rumors last week...FWIW.

anyway, i'm a little disappointed the MU-NU game isn't the early network game in CO.....(iowa-mich). i don't have much of sense of what to make of Mizzou (have only seen the UT game)...and NU seems to be improving.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

This game is the early game on FSN at 11:30, which is why I have to debunk this hostile environment argument. Give the MU students all day to drink? Yes. Drunk enough to be hostile by 11? I doubt it. It won't be as hostile as it was two years ago.

Brooks wasn't stolen? Are you insuitating that MU withdrew their offer?
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

King Crimson wrote:i'll admit i was wrong about Cosgrove and the NU D this year....but i can't say i'd get real excited about the possibility of him being my HC if i were Mizzou fan.

I've heard more about Barnett to MU, being up here in CO. though, Barney and the AD are playing things pretty close to the vest w.r.t to renewing the contract. also, there were some Glen Mason to CU rumors last week...FWIW.

anyway, i'm a little disappointed the MU-NU game isn't the early network game in CO.....(iowa-mich). i don't have much of sense of what to make of Mizzou (have only seen the UT game)...and NU seems to be improving.
Crimson,

NU - Mizzou is an 11:30 kick on FSN. (contact your local...awww you know the rest.)

Freekin' Barnett needs to get out of conference!

I agree, Cosgrove just doesn't seem HC material, but he's been around the block with some pretty good coaches.

Mason to the Buffs....? haven't heard that tremor.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Whoops, Large slipped in.

I type waaaaaayyy too slow.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

thanks guys, i figured that out with some further intrepid research (looking at the TV listings). i must have misread it before.

maclin, mentioned above is an OU soft commit who's gone back on the market (he may have officially de-committed). kid also scheduled a visit to CU for the ATM game...and then cancelled. so, he may be getting some weird advice or not getting the love he thinks he deserves or just be having a hard time figuring out what he wants to do. i don't have the pay site info so maybe there's more to it or a simple explanation.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I don't think Neb is all-that by any means, we're a pretty solid team with a lame, home-heavy sched to get fat on. But we are playing better than Mizzou. Our D is way better and I'd probably give us the special-teams battle as well. If our offense doesn't meltdown via turnover we have a very good chance. Other than the turnovers two other things burned us in 03, trick plays and Smith passing like a freaking Manning in the second half. It wouldn't surprise me if Pinkel pulls out all the stops again, we'll have to look out for tricks. Smith is streaky, hopefully he doesn't hit a hot streak Saturday, if he does it could be a loooooooong afternoon.

Neb 28
Mizzou 24
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

At Large wrote:
Brooks wasn't stolen? Are you insuitating that MU withdrew their offer?
Gary Pinkel never contacted the kid, never. He left Ford out to dry, which is why brooks left for Nebraska, he felt he needed to be consoled and told they wanted him, he wanted to be wanted, to be loved.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Danimal wrote:.
In other words... where's the hottie pic, dammit?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Ken wrote:
Danimal wrote:.
In other words... where's the hottie pic, dammit?
I'll pinch hit from the danimal collection: :D

"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

here's the one i was really looking for:

"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

At Large wrote:This game is the early game on FSN at 11:30, which is why I have to debunk this hostile environment argument. Give the MU students all day to drink? Yes. Drunk enough to be hostile by 11? I doubt it. It won't be as hostile as it was two years ago.
Typical arrogant 'SkerFan: Always underestimating their opponents. :roll:

Lemme clue you in, there, Red: 'ZouFan doesn't have to be drunk to be hostile. It's our breeding. It's our nay-cha.

First, let's look at the obvious: Half the fans are from St. Louis, and St. Losers are always in a perennial bad mood - and not just because they hale from that godforesaken hell-hole of a town. Think flood-ravaged New Orleans with Baghdad's ambiance. Nope. See, you'd be righteously pissed too if you knew you had to live life shilling the mass-produced piss they call beer brewed by the local global conglomerate, and enduring the annual fall punking of your beloved baseball team.

Now, moving along, you'd also be bitter if your school regularly underachieved and never - and I mean never - lived up to expectations. And it doesn't even matter what sport it is. Football, basketball... hell, even freaking yard-darts. Good ol' Mizzou always seems to find a way to parlay pre-season Conference championship predictions into yet another middle-of-the-pack North Division finish, and then chalk it all up to "just another disappointing season."

Last, is Kharma. The Sports Gods hate the University of Missouri. Wanna win a National Championship? All roads lead through Columbia. How else do explain the 5th Down game, the Kick-a-rooski game, and Tyus Edney?!

All that said, Large, as a graduate of the U of M system, lemme assure you this: The students will be drunk enough to be hostile by 11:30. Bet half them fuckers haven't even been to bed yet.

Tigs 31
N's 27
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Truman wrote:
At Large wrote:This game is the early game on FSN at 11:30, which is why I have to debunk this hostile environment argument. Give the MU students all day to drink? Yes. Drunk enough to be hostile by 11? I doubt it. It won't be as hostile as it was two years ago.
Typical arrogant 'SkerFan: Always underestimating their opponents. :roll:

Lemme clue you in, there, Red: 'ZouFan doesn't have to be drunk to be hostile. It's our breeding. It's our nay-cha.

First, let's look at the obvious: Half the fans are from St. Louis, and St. Losers are always in a perennial bad mood - and not just because they hale from that godforesaken hell-hole of a town. Think flood-ravaged New Orleans with Baghdad's ambiance. Nope. See, you'd be righteously pissed too if you knew you had to live life shilling the mass-produced piss they call beer brewed by the local global conglomerate, and enduring the annual fall punking of your beloved baseball team.

Now, moving along, you'd also be bitter if your school regularly underachieved and never - and I mean never - lived up to expectations. And it doesn't even matter what sport it is. Football, basketball... hell, even freaking yard-darts. Good ol' Mizzou always seems to find a way to parlay pre-season Conference championship predictions into yet another middle-of-the-pack North Division finish, and then chalk it all up to "just another disappointing season."

Last, is Kharma. The Sports Gods hate the University of Missouri. Wanna win a National Championship? All roads lead through Columbia. How else do explain the 5th Down game, the Kick-a-rooski game, and Tyus Edney?!

All that said, Large, as a graduate of the U of M system, lemme assure you this: The students will be drunk enough to be hostile by 11:30. Bet half them fuckers haven't even been to bed yet.

Tigs 31
N's 27
^^^^^^^^
:lol: great post
but your prediction doesn't support it.

one thing, not many Corn fans I know take any game for granted nor underestimate any opponent after 5-6.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I don't think it's your crowd that is causing the problem today.
- LBs exploited - As I right this, Missouri has burned our LB core with some awesome play by Brad Smith. They've managed to isolate the mismatches and exploited them. We're really missing our two best LBs (Octavian and Bradley, both out for the season)
- Turnovers - Nebraska got back into game, but then decided to shoot itself in the foot by turning it over three times.
- Poor protection - our offensive tackles have been exposed for the pansies that they are by one of your DTs today.
- Penalties - NU has also shot itself in the foot with really stupid procedure penalties.

I wasn't being arrogant by downplaying the crowd. I was just pointing out that compared to the last game in Missouri, when it was at night AND raining, today is like a nice day in the park.

If I'm Missouri fan, I'm wondering what could have been with Brad Smith. They showed a stat where Leinert and Smith were tied for active career touchdowns. One has a Heisman and a national championship and the other has been languishing with mediocre teams. I admire what Brad Smith can do, but dude has been jeckle and hyde, you never know what you're going to see from him.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Mizzou-41
Neb-20

Carry on boys.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

*Yawn.

Mizzou 41
‘Skers 24

Guess tigerboard.com was right. Heck, I can remember when beating Nebraska was a big deal in these parts. The kids used to tear down the goalposts, drag ‘em to Harpo’s, and buy ‘em both a drink. Now, they make plans to buy tickets to the Big XII Championship. Like getting dough-popped by Texas twice in one season is some kinda bargain…

Just a hand-full of observations on today’s game:

*Brad Smith’s effort today was one for the ages. It simply was one of the best individual, single-game performances I have ever seen.

*The two significant momentum swings in this game can both be directly attributed to turnovers. Funny how that always seems to work…

*I’m trying to decide which side dropped more balls: Nebraska’s receiving corps… Or Mizzou’s secondary. Both units had their opportunities.

*I had forgotten how dirty and desperate Nebraska plays when they fall behind. First McKeon goes speedbag on a Mizzou receiver in a vain effort to dislodge the ball, and then Tiedtke plants his hat in Smith’s grill after unloading a pass. S’pose it remains to be seen whether some poor, 165 pound Missouri Ag student will get sucker-punched for taunting some pissed-off 300 pound Cornhusker tackle….

*Li’l Red looks like a stunt double for a Michelin commercial.

*Can’t wait to hear BugeaterFan tell us now that only 20 points separate the Roasting Ears from an undefeated season….
At Large wrote: I wasn't being arrogant by downplaying the crowd....
Ah. After reading the replies of both you and Cornhusker, I now realize that I'm dealing with the college version of BroncoFan. Clearly, humor, hyperbole, and sarcasm are lost on you boys. And I've about decided that the two of you truly do believe that the "N" on side of the hat really does stand for "nowledge."

I won't hold my breath looking for a clever response. Instead, I'll just with you "good game, fellers, and best of luck against the Sooners next week."

' Bode. War Tigers.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

The only one to stop Brad Smith today, was The Ocoord in the 2nd Quarter.

What shame what Pinkel has done to him since his Frosh year.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Truman wrote:*Yawn.

Mizzou 41
‘Skers 24

Guess tigerboard.com was right. Heck, I can remember when beating Nebraska was a big deal in these parts. The kids used to tear down the goalposts, drag ‘em to Harpo’s, and buy ‘em both a drink. Now, they make plans to buy tickets to the Big XII Championship. Like getting dough-popped by Texas twice in one season is some kinda bargain…

Just a hand-full of observations on today’s game:

*Brad Smith’s effort today was one for the ages. It simply was one of the best individual, single-game performances I have ever seen.

*The two significant momentum swings in this game can both be directly attributed to turnovers. Funny how that always seems to work…

*I’m trying to decide which side dropped more balls: Nebraska’s receiving corps… Or Mizzou’s secondary. Both units had their opportunities.

*I had forgotten how dirty and desperate Nebraska plays when they fall behind. First McKeon goes speedbag on a Mizzou receiver in a vain effort to dislodge the ball, and then Tiedtke plants his hat in Smith’s grill after unloading a pass. S’pose it remains to be seen whether some poor, 165 pound Missouri Ag student will get sucker-punched for taunting some pissed-off 300 pound Cornhusker tackle….

*Li’l Red looks like a stunt double for a Michelin commercial.

*Can’t wait to hear BugeaterFan tell us now that only 20 points separate the Roasting Ears from an undefeated season….
Ah. After reading the replies of both you and Cornhusker, I now realize that I'm dealing with the college version of BroncoFan. Clearly, humor, hyperbole, and sarcasm are lost on you boys. And I've about decided that the two of you truly do believe that the "N" on side of the hat really does stand for "nowledge."

I won't hold my breath looking for a clever response. Instead, I'll just with you "good game, fellers, and best of luck against the Sooners next week."

' Bode. War Tigers.

^^^^^^^^^

I like this troll, shame he hasn't brought it all year for the black-n-gold!

Although, he is a piece of shit from the western part of Missouri, we'll let it go on a Saturday, where Brad Smith could of went for 700 yards.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Well, Callahan and Norvell did nothing but try to get Taylor on disability insurance today.
First off it's obvious if you don't have any offensive tackles at fucking all, you might want to run the ball directly at the defense. No, instead we 5 step drop or shotgun and allow the defense to totally exploy a major weakness off the edge.
Defensively, this was a major let down. I expected MU to move the ball, but too many guys behind the defense on pass plays and a lack of containment when you know good and well as Smith goes so goes MU.
MU's no huddle was genius as NU couldn't situational substitute.
What was disturbing Cosgrove never figured out how to change with the calls after MU would read the defense then call the play from the sideline.
Penalties and turning the ball over going in to go up by 7 at the three were killer.
Anyway, I'm as glad as a pig in mud Mr. Smith goes to where ever after this season..dude was nails.

NU's coaching was brutal. :x

Congrats Tigger fan....
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Truman wrote:And I've about decided that the two of you truly do believe that the "N" on side of the hat really does stand for "nowledge."
Up until this very original comment, you were having a good game.

' Bode. War Tigers.
You defunked clever...see above.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

' Bode. War Tigers.
Humor is lost on us boys? Yeah, because your breakdown on the psyche of the average Missouri fan was sooo hilarious. You might have had a shot if you hadn't played the N = Knowledge card. That joke, next to the shower rod joke, has got to be the lamest joke in college football. What are we? In junior high? Next thing you'll be telling me knock-knock jokes. (Knock Knock. Who's There? Boo. Boo Who? Don't cry because you lost!)

I chose to ignore your attempt at humor because it was little stupid. I appreciate you clueing me in on Missouri fans 'nay-cha', but I do get it. Your 'take' would get nice if you were calling the Jim Rome Show. You're not, so it doesn't really have the same effect.

And by the way, fellow message boarders, I am really tired of people acting like this is the Jim Rome message board. That board died a death over 5 years ago and it should remain that way.

Missouri gets the shaft? You're kidding! I don't even remember the 5th down against CU that kept them on the championship trail or the miracle catch by Matt Davison for NU that upped Missouri fans ante a 10th notch. Please fill us in on OUR 'nay-cha'. I can't wait.

I love how you waltz in here with no prior history in the college football forum and we're automatically supposed to bow to your arsenol of quips. You've only posted here twice and has already dropped the hackiest joke in college football! Get your Chiefs loving ass out of here and back to the NFL forum where it belongs.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

At Large wrote: Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic melt, Sparky! Good Gawd, hilarious rant! Shoulda dropped the ol' N-bomb in my first post.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

atleast thugsker players didn't attack any students on the field.

after all, a guy turning his head to you, is always a threat. He should be immediately attakced in true thugsker fassion. Since noones grilfriend was around to choke or strangle, just hit an opposing teams student body!
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Adelpiero wrote:atleast thugsker players didn't attack any students on the field.

after all, a guy turning his head to you, is always a threat. He should be immediately attakced in true thugsker fassion. Since noones grilfriend was around to choke or strangle, just hit an opposing teams student body!
Adel, hope you're not driving tonight.
What's that BAC up to?
Last edited by Cornhusker on Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

At Large wrote:
Humor is lost on us boys? Yeah, because your breakdown on the psyche of the average Missouri fan was sooo hilarious. You might have had a shot if you hadn't played the N = Knowledge card. That joke, next to the shower rod joke, has got to be the lamest joke in college football.
I was at the game today, and there were lots of 'skerfans who made the roadie. At the concession stand, many were quite surprised to find that at Mizzou games, they actually have ice for the soft drinks. They can't get ice in Lincoln nowadays, since the guy with the recipe has long since graduated.

Badda Bing, Badda Boom. I'm here all week.

Get your Chiefs loving ass out of here and back to the NFL forum where it belongs.
Or what? You gonna' throw a tantrum, stomp, and hold your breath until you turn blue in the face?

You wanna' hangout? I'll hangout.

War Bad-Ass Brad Smith plungering the blackshirts to the tune of 470 yards and running pussy ass 'sker fans across 1-70 and up I-29 back to their cornfields in total humiliation.

And Rack the fuck outta' Truman inducing a meltdown.

Oops, was that too Jim Romish for bruised Husker fans egos to stomach?

Tough shit.

Oh, and rack the fuck outta' this too.
War Wagon wrote: Mizzou 45
Nebraska 28
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

War Wago, you have me laughing with the ice recipe joke, but then you lost me at the farmer comment. You guys get a laugh and then follow it up with a hacky joke. Tsk Tsk.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

At Large gets his overalls all bunched up at even the hint of a Nebraska "farmer" reference.

I wonder why they call them the Cornhuskers...
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Mikey wrote:At Large gets his overalls all bunched up at even the hint of a Nebraska "farmer" reference.

I wonder why they call them the Cornhuskers...
Dammit! quite calling us farmers!

I personally prefer sodbuster
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I personally liked Bugeaters...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

At Large wrote:I personally liked Bugeaters...
You didn't go to UC Irvine did you?

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Stories of the game:
--Brad wakes up. Likely goes back to sleep next week.
--Mizzou loses mas seniors on the D and still manages to get penetration like the Huskers were silly drunk sorority chicks.
--314 residents going to the game should get off at the Lake of the Woods exit and not the 63 exit. You'll save yourself quite a headache. Also, continue down 63 past Stadium and get off at AC/Nifong. Take that to Providence, go north and bypass Stadium Blvd. backed up all the way to the highway.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Bizzarofelice wrote: --314 residents going to the game should get off at the Lake of the Woods exit and not the 63 exit. You'll save yourself quite a headache. Also, continue down 63 past Stadium and get off at AC/Nifong. Take that to Providence, go north and bypass Stadium Blvd. backed up all the way to the highway.
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

Take 70 buisness loop it's quick, easy, and never traffic to and fro
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Mizzou 41
‘Skers 24

Looks like they still thought it was big enough of a win to tear down the goal posts, which is sad and pathetic for both teams involved...

stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Before you know it, goal posts are going to be torn down following a scrimmage game.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I was really disappointed in our second half offense. When were able to move the freaking ball we would subsequently turn it over. Mizzou's D just isn't very good, there is no excuse for getting zilch for a whole half.

After a rough start our D didn't play too bad. Cosgrove needs to cut-out the stupid "play base at the start and see what the offense brings, then adjust, ie bring heat" gameplan. For the third week in a row we got behind early because of that crap. Our D just got left out there too much in the second half, minus two starting linebackers and facing a red-hot Smith the last thing we needed was our O taking an enormous dump.

Like last time in Columbia Pinkel coached his game-of-the-year. He saved his ass yesterday. I thought inserting Daniels for a series was a dumb-as-hell momentum killer but otherwise he coached a great game. Props.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Danimal wrote:I thought inserting Daniels for a series was a dumb-as-hell momentum killer but otherwise he coached a great game. Props.
Did you see the hit on Smith just before that series? Pinkel was making sure the boy's brains hadn't turned to mush.
why is my neighborhood on fire