Anyone who thinks the Rose Bowl will be anything but...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Last year Texas had a much stronger SOS than Cal but it took Mack going to the microphone for Texas to pass Kal in the polls. That right there tells me that SOS ain't as big as you might think. BTW Texas is playing another top 10 team, no matter if they deserve it or now this win will be against another top 10 team and thats all that matters
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:I've been called worse.
So what you are saying is that given FSU's strength of schedule, we once again would be ranked higher than texas "IF" we were both undefeated. It's a numbers crunch...just like you said.
You might want to check the computer polls. Of the six polls, four of them list the SOS.

Sagarin: UT 46, FSU 53
Anderson & Hester: UT 29, FSU 43
Colley: FSU 28, UT 66
Massey: FSU 32, UT 36

With UT playing TT and FSU playing Duke today, you'll probably see UT ahead on all four SOS's come Monday.

You really need to stop arguing with me. You've yet to have one valid point. I think that I have proven my point... thoroughly.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

We should stop this. At the end of the year we should be higher in all six polls, making me just as right as you believe you are.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

The two best teams in the country are USC and Texas, as long as they both take care of business on the field I don't care what anyone else does, they will be in the championship game.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Vito Corleone wrote:The two best teams in the country are USC and Texas, as long as they both take care of business on the field I don't care what anyone else does, they will be in the championship game.
Cannot argue with that. I have been saying for the past couple weeks that if USC, Texas, and VT are all undefeated, then USC v Texas should be the Rose Bowl. VT, as usual, just doesn't have the OOC schedule to justify overtaking schools that schedule real teams. Especially now that upcoming ACC opponents like FSU and UVA (sup losing 7-5) have sharted themselves. However, I still think the Hokies would give either USC or Texas a tough game.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:We should stop this. At the end of the year we should be higher in all six polls, making me just as right as you believe you are.
:lol: x 1000
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Rack Fu wrote:
TheChief wrote:I've been called worse.
So what you are saying is that given FSU's strength of schedule, we once again would be ranked higher than texas "IF" we were both undefeated. It's a numbers crunch...just like you said.
You might want to check the computer polls. Of the six polls, four of them list the SOS.

Sagarin: UT 46, FSU 53
Anderson & Hester: UT 29, FSU 43
Colley: FSU 28, UT 66
Massey: FSU 32, UT 36

With UT playing TT and FSU playing Duke today, you'll probably see UT ahead on all four SOS's come Monday.

You really need to stop arguing with me. You've yet to have one valid point. I think that I have proven my point... thoroughly.
Man, I hate being right all the time.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Rack Fu wrote:
TheChief wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:
I'd bet a million dollars that this would be a mathematical impossibility if UT also runs the table.

FSU also isn't that great of a team. Their defense is excellent but their offense is mediocre at best.
Spoken like a true dumbass. Wait until the BCS comes out and then talk genius boy. FSU is ALWAYS very strongly ranked by the computers. I'll say it again, if we go undefeated, there is ZERO chance we don't play for a NC.
First off, I'm not going to worry too much because FSU will not go undefeated. VT is a better team - assuming both make the ACC final. FSU also seems to have a penchant for taking an unsuspecting loss to inferior Carolina teams (NCSU, UNC and Clemson). I think they only play two of the three.

Second, as I said before, it's going to be a mathematical impossibility if UT also goes undefeated.
I should have played some lottery tickets when I was posting on this thread.

I was right about everything.

How'd that all taste, TheQueef?
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

After this week this thread should be locked. the truth has been established.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

First off, it IS still impossible for you to calla MATHEMATICAL IMPOSSIBILITY on BCS polls of undefeated teams. Did you know Texas would pass USC too? I didn't think so. Everything turned out just as you said, but many other scenarios were POSSIBLE at the time you said it. That was the whole point of the thread in the beginning. Since then you repeatedly handed my ass to me... :lol:

Secondly, we suck and that tastes very, very bad.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:First off, it IS still impossible for you to calla MATHEMATICAL IMPOSSIBILITY on BCS polls of undefeated teams. Did you know Texas would pass USC too? I didn't think so. Everything turned out just as you said, but many other scenarios were POSSIBLE at the time you said it. That was the whole point of the thread in the beginning. Since then you repeatedly handed my ass to me... :lol:

Secondly, we suck and that tastes very, very bad.
If it's any consolation...

At least you have a team worth rooting for. It's not like FSU is 1-7 like my 'Cuse.

WAR basketball season. :wink:
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Rack Fu wrote:If it's any consolation...

At least you have a team worth rooting for. It's not like FSU is 1-7 like my 'Cuse.

WAR basketball season. :wink:
Yeah, how'd that Robinson hire work out for you? :lol: :wink:

Local media treated him as if he were the second coming of Vince Lombardi, or more correctly, they treated Pasqualoni as if he were the second coming of Hank Bullough.

I told SU fan that Pasqualoni wasn't the problem until I was blue in the face. Looks like I was right.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Coach P was the problem. I'm a firm believer in that. On top of being a horrible coach, he hasn't recruited worth a damn in several years. The days of landing the McNabbs, Harrisons and Freeneys came to a quick halt.

We'll see what Robinson can do with his players running his system.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Coach P at least got them 6 wins last season. Robinson will be lucky if he goes 2-9 this year.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Coach P at least got them 6 wins last season. Robinson will be lucky if he goes 2-9 this year.
Hold on there, tiger. I'm not sure they can even beat USF. :D
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Rack Fu wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Coach P at least got them 6 wins last season. Robinson will be lucky if he goes 2-9 this year.
Hold on there, tiger. I'm not sure they can even beat USF. :D
Actually, I said that without looking at the remaining schedule (I knew they had ND still to go), but damn if you're not right.

Let's not forget, their only win this season came against UB, arguably the weakest program in 1-A.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I love Robinson and think he will get it turned around. He is a great coach and motivator.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: Let's not forget, their only win this season came against UB, arguably the weakest program in 1-A.
Yeah, but they kicked their ass! :P
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

BUMP!

Always fun to go back and see who said what when..
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

You da man Frisco!
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

IndyFrisco wrote:BUMP!

Hey Frisco, do you make it out to texags.com any more? If you don't you should cause the ags over there are being constantly torchered by Longhorn fans bumping up old threads about how Mack would never win a championship and how bad Vince Young is compared to Reggie. Its actually kinda funny seeing what a few people said on their rivalry board.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Vito Corleone wrote:

Hey Frisco, do you make it out to texags.com any more? If you don't you should cause the ags over there are being constantly torchered by Longhorn fans bumping up old threads about how Mack would never win a championship and how bad Vince Young is compared to Reggie. Its actually kinda funny seeing what a few people said on their rivalry board.
I got banned from texags.com for not being a pathetically broken record homer.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I was pretty much on the money. :D