Moderator: Cueball

TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Ballgame.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

That's gotta be the hardest hit ball i've ever seen. They better go check that wall out there for structural damage. What an animal.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

Two out, last chance in the 9th, put the Cards ahead.
Doesn't get much more dramatic than that!
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Yea almost reminds me of the Kirk Gibson HR in 88 against the A's in the world series. The A's never recovered from that one even though they had the far better team.
Frank Football
I'm Frank About Football

Post by Frank Football »

chargerfan wrote:Yea almost reminds me of the Kirk Gibson HR in 88 against the A's in the world series. The A's never recovered from that one even though they had the far better team.
Except for the fact they swept the Giants to win the World Series the very next season. :roll:
Al Michaels
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Al Michaels »

Funkywhiteboy wrote:Two out, last chance in the 9th, put the Cards ahead.
Doesn't get much more dramatic than that!

It was SHADES of DAVE Henderson in the 1986 ALCS!

"Dave Henderson, it's a long way from Seattle!"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Best game of the postseason by far. I feel bad for those fans thinking they were ready to party last night and Pujols just punched AstroFan in the gut. My sister went to that game last night...I'd love to hear what that moment was like in person. There is nothing better than a dramatic postseason home run. The best hitter in the game against the best NL closer...great matchup. I wanted to see the Astros finish the deal last night but a part of me wanted to see a clutch home run last night. You had the Berkman home run to put the 'stros ahead and then the majestic blast from Pujols.

Let me say this to all of the Pujols for NL MVP guys that I've been battling all year...I know the award is for the regular season, but I will never say a bad thing about Pujols again or slight him in any way ever again. To be the best hitter in the sport and to come up huge like that against a tough pitcher on the road...the guy is unbelievable. A-Rod and Guerrero let their teams down in the postseason. You aren't born with "clutch"...I think you just have it and Pujols has it. Jones still had a great year but that home run was awesome...I'm sorry for backing the wrong guy.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I think that ball landed in my backyard last night.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

DIE! DIE! DIE!

Little old ladies in the 314 need to dust off their Doilies, one more game at busch.

Oswalt will own!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

chargerfan wrote:What an animal.
The cream or the clear?

I was in the ATA Touchdown Club at the Colts game watching the end of the Stros/Cards. When Edmonds walked, I was HOPING we'd walk Pujols. Sanders has been COLD since getting hurt. I know you don't want to put the tying run in scoring position, but as we all have seen, RISP doesn't mean much in this series.

Oh well...

E ive tuh pay anoth day.

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Headhunter wrote:Little old ladies in the 314 need to dust off their Doilies, one more game at busch.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

helmet wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Little old ladies in the 314 need to dust off their Doilies, one more game at busch.
:lol:

Awesome.
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Toddowen wrote:I was just lingering around at work after the shift was over and listening to the end of the game when I heard the Pujols homer. Then, I stowed the XM equiptment away.

Most definetely blah blah blaaah, so I took a leak in my shampoo bottle and blah blah blah....the Chowds suck, fuck Red Sox fans, bandwagoners, blah, blah... drunking babble...suicide...blah blah.
FTFY

Why don't you see if that XM radio fits up your dirty ass, you smelly fuck!
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

PrimeX wrote:
helmet wrote:
:lol:

Awesome.
Yes Indeed!

I did have the pleasure of taking in an Astros-Cards game at Busch. Glad I had the opportunity.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Donnie Moore
Mitch Williams
Byung Yung Kim
Brad Lidge
why is my neighborhood on fire
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Bizzarofelice wrote:Donnie Moore
Mitch Williams
Byung Yung Kim
Brad Lidge
I wouldn't put Lidge in that company, F'lice.
Didn't "The Eck" give up that G.W. to Gibson?
Eckersley's in the H.O.F.

Lidge'll be alright.

I see your angle though.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

for helmet

Mike: Mr. Pujols, the Cardinal clutch man, is at the plate. The potential go ahead run.

Hagin: You're favorite individual in the history of baseball just showed up again....Little Abner.

Mike: Ole Abner is always on duty, and I wanna tell you little David Eckstein....you talk about a tough, key guy, he's been the the inspiration all season long, he got the 2-out, 2-strike hit. Edmonds, the walk, and you can't ask for anything more than this folks. The Cardinals have had their chances, they haven't been able to execute or capitalize. Well, their big man is in. Berkman, I think he's their best hitter, and he came through with a 3-run home run.

Well, here's Albert Pujols at the plate right now. And I could tell you this, it couldn't come down to a better situation than this. One for eight lifetime is Albert against Lidge. And tonight Albert has popped to third, he struck out, he's grounded out to the third baseman twice. He's 0-for-four. And that doesn't happen very often either. He hit 41 homers during the regular season.

Good speed on the bases. Eckstein at second, Edmonds at first. 2 on, 2 out, Houston leads four to two. 9th inning action.

The pitch to Albert.....swing and a miss! He went after the curve and he was fooled.
Burke deep in left center, Tavares pulled over in right center. Lane pacing in his right field position.
Albert digs back in. Open stance, deep in the box. Bends at the uh, knees. Holds it down on the end. Lidge is ready. With 2 on and 2 out, here's the 0-1 pitch. It's coming....

Swing and a long one! There it is baby, the Cardinals take the lead as Albert Pujols comes through in the pinch and the Redbirds lead this baby 5-4! What did I tell ya folks? David Eckstein The Man. This could be a CRUSHING BLOW, A CRUSHING BLOW to this Houston club!! Albert Pujols, you talk about a Most Valuable Player, how is that baby??!! Whoo!!! That thing left the ballpark in a hurry. A 3 run home run and the Cardinals lead 5-4!!
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Bizzofishnets wrote:Mike: Ole Abner is always on duty, and I wanna tell you little David Eckstein....you talk about a tough, key guy, he's been the the inspiration all season long, he got the 2-out, 2-strike hit.
Yeah but...

PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Walk Pujols, strike out Sanders. Game winning management 101- DON'T PITCH TO THE BADDEST HITTER IN BASEBALL IN THE 9TH INNING!

Roy will go after Pujols, but if he's up to bat in the 9th, I can guaranDAMNtee he won't see 1 pitch to hit.

If he does I will personally toilet paper Garner's house and wish him herpes on the eyelids and ingrown hairs in that pr0n 'stache.

'Stros in 6 like I predicted. Your ace has pitched and we still have 2 left.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Ole Abner, doin it again.

rack the Moonman. you found an audio clip anywhere? mlb.com has the video clip with the weakass Fox announcers.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

1980 all over again for the Astros. I hope not, though.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Stop it.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Take heart 'Stros fan. In your corner you have the great equalizer!!!

Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

jiminphilly wrote:1980 all over again for the Astros. I hope not, though.
Don't forget about us!

sincerely, 1986 & 2004

If the Astros lose this series Astrofan will be buying shower rods in bulk.
UCant's 2,357th Troll

Post by UCant's 2,357th Troll »

PrimeX wrote:Stop it.

Even if you had Mike Scott circa 1986 going tomorrow... catching the balls thrown to him after every pitch with a circular sander using 30 grit paper, you still wouldn't stand a chance...
UCant's 2,357th Troll wrote:Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

CARDS in 7.
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

JCT wrote:Take heart 'Stros fan. In your corner you have the great equalizer!!!

Rack, LaRussa can thank Pujols for helping him pull that win out of LaRussa's azzzzzz.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

UCant's 2,357th Troll wrote:
PrimeX wrote:Stop it.

Even if you had Mike Scott circa 1986 going tomorrow... catching the balls thrown to him after every pitch with a circular sander using 30 grit paper, you still wouldn't stand a chance...
Not skeert at all. The numbness helps and the zombie state I'm soaking in both make me say LALALACAN'THEARYOU!
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

My liver is on a bus to Des Moines. I think the little guy finally had enough of my abuse. He was last seen wearing some of those big ass Tina Turner sunglasses circa Ike Turner era.

Quitter!
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

PrimeX wrote:Walk Pujols, strike out Sanders. Game winning management 101- DON'T PITCH TO THE BADDEST HITTER IN BASEBALL IN THE 9TH INNING!
Actually Baseball 101 would be you don't walk a guy and allow the tying run to go to second. I mean if it is so simple as getting Sanders out why didn't he just get Eck or Edmonds out.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Hey, did you hear they closed the tunnel?

Well, they did, SO QUIT SECOND GUESSING MY HUGE NINJA BRAIN!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

$100 for NLCS tickets? Somebody was high when they fired up the photochop.

And don't forget, 3-2 lead.

Oswalt
Clemens

PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Anyone know if that's Bace? I think he has that shirt.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Frank Football wrote:
chargerfan wrote:Yea almost reminds me of the Kirk Gibson HR in 88 against the A's in the world series. The A's never recovered from that one even though they had the far better team.
Except for the fact they swept the Giants to win the World Series the very next season. :roll:
Yea I know that I was talking about they never recovered the rest of that series against the dodgers. :roll:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

PrimeX wrote:Anyone know if that's Bace? I think he has that shirt.
actually, i think thats EM, see the radio stations truck in background.

and could we please glass dick the picture, it's been used more than M2 ass after a ren fair.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

PrimeX wrote:Anyone know if that's Bace?
Yes. I want to marry a carrot.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

JCT wrote:Take heart 'Stros fan. In your corner you have the great equalizer!!!

I thought that was the Shoooto.