Anyone who thinks the Rose Bowl will be anything but...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Riddle me this, Over the last 4 years who has had more success, Texas or FSU? I use the 4 year mark because that would put todays seniors back as freshmen.

here is a hint, I wouldn't ask the question if I didn't know the answer.

And Mucho if you watched the Vtech games vs WV or Marshall you would know that the scores were not as close as the games were played. In both games the score was close until Vtech got some plays late in the 3rd and 4th quarter. There is nothing wrong with that if you are playing top 25 teams but we are talking about WV and Marshall.

And Nolsey are you going to nut up and eat your crow when you are slotted to play in your non-BCS bowl?
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Vito Corleone wrote:And Mucho if you watched the Vtech games vs WV or Marshall you would know that the scores were not as close as the games were played. In both games the score was close until Vtech got some plays late in the 3rd and 4th quarter. There is nothing wrong with that if you are playing top 25 teams but we are talking about WV and Marshall.
The score was close at the half and VT shut them both down in the second half in both games, allowing a combined 10 points.

By the way, West Virginia is a Top 25 team. For this week at least.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Vito Corleone wrote:And Nolsey are you going to nut up and eat your crow when you are slotted to play in your non-BCS bowl?
Calling my shot on this in advance: if Va Tech and FSU both head into the ACC championship game undefeated, and if ND fails to run the table, and if neither USC nor Texas stumbles in a manner which costs itself a conference championship, both Va Tech and FSU will be stone-cold locks for the BCS regardless of the outcome of the ACC championship game. The SEC can only get one at-large bid.

On second thought, with all of the conditions I built in, that's not much of a shot.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Very good points Terry. Even if ND loses to USC and run the tab;e after that I still think they will be real close to getting a BCS at large bid.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Vito Corleone wrote: I truely doubt that either Vtech or Miami are any better than Taco tech. Remember thtat Vtech has struggled against teams like NCSU west virgina and Marshall.
Good God, you're a fucking moron. When did VT struggle with Marshall? When they were up 41-7? Yeah, I was on the edge of my seat for the final quarter of that one. :roll:
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Good call Terry. I think FSU and Va Tech will both be undefeated and as long as the game is close, both teams would be deserving of a BCS game bid. Man o man, the ACC hasnt even had one Conf championship game yet, and I already hate the idea of it. I wonder how many times an SEC or Big 12 team has been fucked b/c of such a game. I am hoping the Noles get Va Tech in that one if they make it. I dont want to have to play Miami again. They are starting to come on.

It would be nice to ND in a BCS game, even if they only have 2 losses. Both those losses would have been againt quality opponents w/ one of the losses in OT. If ND makes it to a BCS game, Weis is gonna have recruits bustin down the door.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:
And blOwU fan can STFU your season is already over.
Interesting.

Because I've certainly seen you post after the second/first week of October for the last few years.
How many times has Texas been below .500 after losing to Oklahoma? Not since Mack took over. I think you pretty much have to go back to McWilliams for that.
Degenerate wrote:Good God, you're a fucking moron. When did VT struggle with Marshall? When they were up 41-7? Yeah, I was on the edge of my seat for the final quarter of that one.
Did you watch the game? Maybe if you looked at something besides the final score you would know what I was talking about.

Here is a free lesson for you

Some games are not as close as the final score indicates
Some games are much closer than the final score indicates.

Case in point #1

a$m @ Colorado - a$m lost by only 21 but the truth is that the score wasn't even that close. Colorado called off the dogs early on and put in their scrubs.

Case in point #2

Colorado @ Miami - The score indicates that Miami won pretty convincingly but the game was pretty tightly contested with most of Miami's points being attributed to 3 turnovers by Colorado and Colorado constantly shooting itself in the foot with tons of penelities.

Now back to Vtech vs. Marshall this was another game that was tightly contested. At the half the Hokies were up 14-7. The first series to start the 2nd half the Hokies drive down and kick a fieldgoal to go up 17-7. The very next series Marshall fumbles and the Hokie defense rings up a touchdown to make it 24-7. The next time Vtech gets the ball back Vick hits for a 48 yard TD pass to make it 31-7

Up to this point the margin is a lot wider than the play on the field. The 4th quarter is pretty much Vtech still playing their starters until the end of the game.

My point is that Vtech was in a dog fight with Marshall but hit on a couple of big plays to make the score much more lopsided than the game was.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

NC St was a road opener against conference team with a tough defense. It was also Vick's first start.
VT won.

WVA was a game against a former conference rival that would loved nothing more than fucking up Tech's season.
VT won.

Marshall. Honestly, that game sucked, but Tech does this shit every year. They get complacent versus cupcake teams and put it on cruise control for a couple quarters. But, big plays still count in the final score.
Vt won.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Bill , the fact that you ask if I will nut up and eat crow if my senario does'nt play out, I find very insulting. You guys know me. Who the hell do you think I am? Jon=bitch= hide and seek?
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I'm afraid that if we lose to USC, that will knock us out of any realistic contention for a BCS bid. Too much ground to make up, in reality.

The possible exception is that if the game is a nailbiter, down right to the last minute, but we lose, we could wind up gaining ground despite the loss.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Vito Corleone wrote: What I am tellin you is that the ACC is overrated and your socalled quality wins will end up being Florida.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My biased rankings:
1. ACC
2. SEC
3. Big 10
4. Pac 10
No other conferences deserve to be ranked
Riddle me this, Over the last 4 years who has had more success, Texas or FSU? I use the 4 year mark because that would put todays seniors back as freshmen.
Texas success over the last four years.... :lol:

Teams like FSU, Bama, PSU, Mich, OSU, OU, ect would consider that "success" a fucking shitty four years if it happen to them.

ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
ZERO CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
ZERO DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIPS
ZERO BIG WINS

A great four year run yall have there shorthorns....

:lol:
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

It's offical Mr t=Jon

As bad as Texas has been over the last 4 years they are still better in that time than fsu has been.

BTW what was FSU's record vs Miami during that same time span? 0-4

Sit down bitch your making yourself look bad.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:
And blOwU fan can STFU your season is already over.
Interesting.

Because I've certainly seen you post after the second/first week of October for the last few years.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Vito Corleone wrote:It's offical Mr t=Jon
Ive been outed...

As bad as Texas has been over the last 4 years they are still better in that time than fsu has been.
Wow, you hang your hat on that? Now I know why the sooners pity yall.

Many teams were better than the noles in the past 4 years. Thanks for stating the obvious.
What the hell kind of point are you trying to make here guy?

BTW what was Texass's record vs OU during that same time span? 0-4

Please take your own advice. We will thank you later.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Mr T wrote:A great four year run yall have there shorthorns....

2001- BCS ranking- 5th (11 wins)
2002- 6th (11 wins)
2003- 12th (10 wins) after way below average loss to Wash. St. which would have kept them in 5th with a win. Damnit.
2004- 5th (11 wins)

Texas and OU- Only teams with 4 straight 10 wins seasons (Well, just Texas after '05)

43 wins last four years - 4th best. Third in BCS.
70 wins last seven years - 4th best, also third in BCS.

Completely horrible. I totally feel ya.

PS- Fuck I hate Stoops!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

And yet....

Congrats on the 10 win seasons, though.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Like I said...I FUCKING HATE STOOPS!

Otherwise it's been ok.

:|
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Mr T wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:It's offical Mr t=Jon
Ive been outed...

Just stating the obvious.

Wow, you hang your hat on that? Now I know why the sooners pity yall.

Many teams were better than the noles in the past 4 years. Thanks for stating the obvious.
Tard, I didn't compare Texas to fus, I just pointed out that for all the shit you talk your team has been a bathhouse full of tinkerbells. During that time Texas has one of the best winning percentages in the country averaging over 10 wins per season.

What the hell kind of point are you trying to make here guy?

BTW what was Texass's record vs OU during that same time span? 0-4
Since your one of the tards who keeps saying Texas hasn't won a big game in the last 4 I suspect you think the only Big game we play is blOwU. News for you Texas has beaten teams like LSU, Michigan, KSU, Nebraska, along with rivalry games against Taco Tech, a$m and Arkansas. Who has fsu beaten in that time span?
Please take your own advice. We will thank you later.
[/quote]
:roll:
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Vito Corleone wrote: Tard, I didn't compare Texas to fsu,
Whatever you say tard.

Sincerely,
Ps.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Idiot here is what FSU has accomplished over the last 4 years

2001 8-4
2002 9-5
2003 10-3
2004 9-3

Here is the list of the teams that has made Bobby's boys their bitch. The number to the right is the number of times the noles have been bent over.

Florida -2
Maryland
Miami -5
Clemson
Louisville
Notre Dame
NCSU -2
Georgia
UNC

And this was when the ACC was weak.
I'm looking forward to seeing whats going to happen to FSU now that you have to settle things on the field like we do in the Big 12.

here is the list of teams that Texas has lost to in the last 4 seasons

Oklahoma - 4
Arkansas
Washington State
Texas Tech
Colorado

Total number of losses 8.

Talk all the shit you want about past Texas teams were still looking a lot better over that time span you the noles are.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Vito Corleone wrote:Idiot here is what FSU has accomplished over the last 4 years

2001 8-4
2002 9-5
2003 10-3
2004 9-3

Here is the list of the teams that has made Bobby's boys their bitch. The number to the right is the number of times the noles have been bent over.

Florida -2
Maryland
Miami -5
Clemson
Louisville
Notre Dame
NCSU -2
Georgia
UNC

And this was when the ACC was weak.
I'm looking forward to seeing whats going to happen to FSU now that you have to settle things on the field like we do in the Big 12.

here is the list of teams that Texas has lost to in the last 4 seasons

Oklahoma - 4
Arkansas
Washington State
Texas Tech
Colorado

Total number of losses 8.

Talk all the shit you want about past Texas teams were still looking a lot better over that time span you the noles are.

Bill, that should be 6 next to Miami. Come on, if your going to play this little playground game of my dad can beat your dad up, at least get your facts straight.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

No I'm only going from 2k1 to 2k4 or as far back as the 5th year seniors are today. If I went back to 2k it would be 6 years.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Vito, learn to read...
Mr T wrote:Many teams were better than the noles in the past 4 years. Thanks for stating the obvious.
I dont see what your trying to prove here. I already stated the noles have suck the past 4 years.

PS.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Vito Corleone wrote:No I'm only going from 2k1 to 2k4 or as far back as the 5th year seniors are today. If I went back to 2k it would be 6 years.
:oops: Bill, did'nt realize you were working within a specified time frame. All I know is they handed our ass to us 6 times in a row :cry: Making this years win sooooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:
I'd bet a million dollars that this would be a mathematical impossibility if UT also runs the table.

FSU also isn't that great of a team. Their defense is excellent but their offense is mediocre at best.
Spoken like a true dumbass. Wait until the BCS comes out and then talk genius boy. FSU is ALWAYS very strongly ranked by the computers. I'll say it again, if we go undefeated, there is ZERO chance we don't play for a NC.
Enjoy the Gator Bowl.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:
Mr T wrote:Fu, you are either:

1) A fucking moron
2) A fuck-tard that goes for Cuse in B-ball and texass in F-ball.
3) All the above

Texas isnt a lock at #2. SOS and computer polls hurt the fucking media darling known as the longhorns. VT and FSU both control their own destiny. Texas just has to win out and hope either VT and FSU both lose or USC loses.

The projected BCS top 10 at the moment:
1 Southern Cal 0.9722
2 Virginia Tech 0.8931
3 Texas 0.8819
4 Florida St 0.8745
5 Georgia 0.8540
6 Alabama 0.8100
7 Penn State 0.7967
8 Miami FL 0.7627
9 LSU 0.6267
10 Florida 0.5967
That’s just preposterous! It’s a mathematical impossibility. :lol:
It's a burden being right all the time. :P

Those computer polls really hurt Texas. :roll:
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Rack Fu wrote:
TheChief wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:
I'd bet a million dollars that this would be a mathematical impossibility if UT also runs the table.

FSU also isn't that great of a team. Their defense is excellent but their offense is mediocre at best.
Spoken like a true dumbass. Wait until the BCS comes out and then talk genius boy. FSU is ALWAYS very strongly ranked by the computers. I'll say it again, if we go undefeated, there is ZERO chance we don't play for a NC.
Enjoy the Gator Bowl.
Nice work man...you burned me. Now go jack off to the BCS website if you didn't already...

PS. What part of "IF" didn't you understand?
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote: PS. What part of "IF" didn't you understand?
What part of "FSU will not go undefeated" did you not understand?

Enjoy the Gator Bowl is just a statement. I never misunderstood your post and the use of "if" at all.
Last edited by Rack Fu on Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

I know, I was the one who said "if".

Try to read before replying, it helps.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Vito Corleone wrote:No I'm only going from 2k1 to 2k4 or as far back as I need to so the facts slant my way.
Noted.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:I know, I was the one who said "if".

I edited my reply because I realized who my audience was.

I must type literally and not sarcastically. My bad.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Rack Fu wrote:

Turning one argument into two! Is that a magic trick? Sorta like that Syracuse/Texas thing I guess...

Point of the matter is, you were speaking way ahead of yourself, unless of course you are in charge of the BCS, which I highly doubt, since I don't see 'Cuse ranked third... :lol:

I like that thing you did...changing arguements. Now your left with justifying which team you like more.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:

Turning one argument into two! Is that a magic trick? Sorta like that Syracuse/Texas thing I guess...

Point of the matter is, you were speaking way ahead of yourself, unless of course you are in charge of the BCS, which I highly doubt, since I don't see 'Cuse ranked third... :lol:

I like that thing you did...changing arguements. Now your left with justifying which team you like more.
What argument did I change or "make into two," moron?

I believe that my edited statement read "I heard that Jacksonville, FL is nice that time of year." Where was there an argument? I simply changed the tone of my statement with the edit.

I was speaking ahead of myself? My argument was simply that Texas was a statistical lock at #2 and that would not change regardless of what VT and FSU did. An example of getting ahead of myself would be if I made numerous statements saying that my favorite team has zero chance of not making the title game assuming this, that and the other thing happen. When that team isn't even the best team in its own conference, I'd say that would be putting the wagon before the horse. Ring any bells, tard?

You also said, "Wait until the BCS comes out and then talk genius boy." Truth hurts, eh? You and Mrs T sure looked like Rhodes Scholars with this one. A simple you were right and we were very wrong would suffice but feel free to carry on.

I'm not sure where you're going with this Cuse/Texas changing arguments or whatever the hell you're talking about. I'm a Syracuse fan... period. Could you point to my post where I was carrying on about how good Syracuse was or whatever you were alluding to? I'm pretty confident that I have not mentioned them at all in any forum with the exception of college hoops. Fact is, that I dislike Texas very much. Just because I don't like them doesn't mean that I don't recognize how good they are. You're a fucking dumbass if you think that giving a team props and respect equates to being a fan. I don't like USC either but they're a pretty fucking good team too. Am I now a Trojan fan? My argument was simple - Texas is the second best team in the country and they would remain in that position for the BCS. The math was always in their favor.

Being a homer and proud of your conference is one thing but making asinine statements that proclaim that the ACC champ is entitled to the #2 spot if that team wins out is just plain foolish.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

You stated Texas was going to be number two no matter what at the end of the season.

What were you arguing? FSU loosing????? or FSU not jumping Texas if they were both undefeated??????? That pretty clearly identifies two different arguments. One of which you decided to take on after the FSU loss.

Thanks for the rant though...
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:You stated Texas was going to be number two no matter what at the end of the season.
Assuming they went undefeated. Which I clearly stated.
TheChief wrote:

What were you arguing? FSU loosing????? or FSU not jumping Texas if they were both undefeated???????
Not leapfrogging Texas. Which I clearly stated.
TheChief wrote: That pretty clearly identifies two different arguments. One of which you decided to take on after the FSU loss.
You might want to check your facts, dumbass.
Rack Fu wrote: First off, I'm not going to worry too much because FSU will not go undefeated.
^^^
Posted six days before FSU lost.

Thanks for playing.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Which brings back my original post.

"IF" fsu goes undefeated. They didn't, hence no argument.

Which is my whole point. Why are you arguing a point that we can never know if it would have been true or not???????

I don't care what you thought about FSU, "IF" fsu would have been 11-0 I think they would have been ahead of Texas. That's what I said, stop trying to turn this into something it isn't.

I still think an undefeated FSU team will be ranked higher than an undefeated Texas team, everytime...come bowl time. We always have strong representation in computer polls. Call me a homer...but that is what I believe.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^^ Homer ^^^

btw, go Astros. woohoo!
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Fuck the stros. They did win me $75 though...I guess I'll root for them since you've got some money riding on it.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote: I still think an undefeated FSU team will be ranked higher than an undefeated Texas team, everytime...come bowl time. We always have strong representation in computer polls. Call me a homer...but that is what I believe.
And that makes you an idiot. Computer polls are purely scientific. There is no subjectivity to them. It's a numbers crunch. To say that "we always have strong representation in computer polls" is to say that historical data somehow factors into the equation. It doesn't. Each year is exclusive from any other.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

I've been called worse.
So what you are saying is that given FSU's strength of schedule, we once again would be ranked higher than texas "IF" we were both undefeated. It's a numbers crunch...just like you said.