Anyone who thinks the Rose Bowl will be anything but...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Anyone who thinks the Rose Bowl will be anything but...

Post by indyfrisco »

...Texas vs. USC

post here.

I see no way that will not happen. Texas's only challenge yet this year will be taco tech. USC will roll through the rest of their schedlue.

I'm looking forward to the "Texas doesn't belong in the NC game because [insert undefeated team here] was undefeated with a tougher schedule" threads.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

I like the way you think, but I'm not sold just yet on our half of that scenario.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

PSU in a lock, IF they run the table.

But, as you say; fucking SC breezes into another title game. Thanks to that pussified schedule.
Allthough I think the Guru, Chuckles Weis may be able to shock the world.

PSU is a damn good team. I can't wait to see how my Spartans fair against them in the last gm. of the B-10 sched. in East Lansing.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Ok Babs, let me ask you this..

You already admit that USC will probably run through the rest of their schedule. Do you see Texas losing another game? If not, then no way any other team, undefeated or not, makes it to the Rose Bowl.

And to be honest, USC/Texas in January will be one of the greatest games ever, I'm predicting.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

I just cannot allow myself to think that USC will roll through the rest of their schedule. The Trojans still have a couple of tough road games and injuries, especially on defense, are a huge concern for me. Oh, and they could use more than a little work on special teams.
FIGHT ON!
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Why are you still away greggy......????
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

^^ gets it. Watching UCLA's special teams tonight scared the shit out of me.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Frisco, USC / Tejas may be a great game, but I wouldn't know how to watch it. I'd honestly be looking for pre-playoff hockey, or soccer or something that wouldn't confuse me. I don't think I could watch those two teams without rooting for one of them, and I wouldn't be able to root for either without my head blowing up.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Being humble is a virtue of a champion.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

MSUFAN wrote:PSU in a lock, IF they run the table.
PSU is going to go from being ranked 17th (currently) to leapfrogging Texas which has a virtual stanglehold on the #2 ranking? I don't want to give you a math lesson or anything but if UT goes undefeated, it's impossible for PSU to catch them. Probably the only team with a mathematical shot at overtaking them would be VT.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

I think SC may go undefeated yes. But wouldn't be surprised if they falter to ND or UCLA.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

A week or so ago, I woulda agreed with you, frisco. But now, it's not the Texas part I disagree with... it's the USC part.

People, including the media, better quit writing USC into the Rose. The past couple weeks, they are playing ball like a beatable team. If they choose to sleep walk through another first half, they may just get their asses handed to them by ND. If not them, UCLA.. or Kallie.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

the_ouskull wrote:Frisco, USC / Tejas may be a great game, but I wouldn't know how to watch it. I'd honestly be looking for pre-playoff hockey, or soccer or something that wouldn't confuse me. I don't think I could watch those two teams without rooting for one of them, and I wouldn't be able to root for either without my head blowing up.

the_ouskull
You could always enjoy the greatness of my San Antonio Spurs! 8)

It sure is good to be a sports fan from south Texas right now
Last edited by Vito Corleone on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I'm just thinking to what the outcry would be if there are 5 undefeated teams at the end of the season.

USC, Texas, VT/FSU ACC Title Game winner, PSU, and Georgia/Alabama SEC Title Game winner could all be undefeated.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Vito Corleone wrote: You could always enjoy the greatness of my San Antonio Spurs! 8)

It sure is good to be a sports fan from south Texas right now
My newly revamped Rockets cannot wait to show the Spurs the highroad outa the playoffs this year. Gonna be a good year, no doubt!
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Agree but disagree, Ken. Watching USC play expectations are high, and like you I come accross feeling like we're not on our game.

Then you look at the stats after the game and see that we rolled up over 700 yards. Nearly half on the ground, and 37 minutes in time of possession.

Agree we look like we're underachieving. But fuck the stats tell a different story. I haven't figured this squad out just yet...

Interesting to note that the prior three offenses averaged right around 5,800 yards per season. Including today's game, and with seven games to go, we're already at 3,200.

We need some kids on defense to develop. But we're beatable, no question about it.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Rack Fu wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:PSU in a lock, IF they run the table.
PSU is going to go from being ranked 17th (currently) to leapfrogging Texas which has a virtual stanglehold on the #2 ranking? I don't want to give you a math lesson or anything but if UT goes undefeated, it's impossible for PSU to catch them. Probably the only team with a mathematical shot at overtaking them would be VT.
The only mathametical way for VT to leap over Texas is really for Texas to split the human poll and lose the computer poll. Right now Texas is locked in the human polls at #2 while the computer polls are all over the place. As long as we stayed loced into #2 in the human polls were pretty much locked into the Rose bowl. Texas was preseason #2 so unless they lose there should be no real reason to drop them there is no win on the VT schedule that is going to be as impressive as the Texas win over OSU in the shoe. Texas will have to win a game it shouldn't have like Nebraska did against Missouri a few years ago or Kal did against Mississippi directional last year.

If Texas wins every game in convincing fashion and still drops it will equal the end of the BCS.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

MuchoBulls wrote:I'm just thinking to what the outcry would be if there are 5 undefeated teams at the end of the season.

USC, Texas, VT/FSU ACC Title Game winner, PSU, and Georgia/Alabama SEC Title Game winner could all be undefeated.
Rack the serious meltdown. I thought last year was a rip off. Unless you start at number one or two you have no shot. That sounds like a lawsuit someone will make up. The polls are so fucked up anyhow and with tens of millions riding on it every year.......law-fucking-suit. Not sure of the terminology, but exclusionary???? Only the two teams that begin 1 and 2 havea legitimate shot at playing for a title.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Vito Corleone wrote:If Texas wins every game in convincing fashion and still drops it will equal the end of the BCS.
The "incomplete" BCS already has UT at #3 behind VT.

:|

http://www.tellshowbcs.com/
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:I like the way you think, but I'm not sold just yet on our half of that scenario.
That's because the BCS sucks more dick than bradhuskers in post-Baylor-victory-return-of-BIG-TIME-POWER-FOOTBALL mode.

The more controversy, the better. I hope UT, VT, PSU and Georgia all end up undefeated this year.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I thought the Sugar Bowl was the national championship this year.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

The Assassin wrote:I thought the Sugar Bowl was the national championship this year.
Nope. That was last year.

Sincerely,

AuburnFan
FIGHT ON!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think it's pretty much a 3 team race right now until any of the top 3 lose. I would favor USC and Texas right now only because of schedule alone.

Remaining schedules...
USC
at Notre Dame
at Washington
vs. Washington State
vs. Stanford
at California
vs. Fresno State
vs. UCLA

Texas
vs. Colorado
vs. Texas Tech
at Oklahoma State
at Baylor
vs. Kansas
at Texas A&M
*Big XII Title Game

Virginia Tech
at Maryland
vs. Boston College
vs. Miami-FL
at Virginia
vs. North Carolina
*ACC Title Game

Texas has the easiest schedule down the stretch. The Big XII Title Game could just be a rematch with team they've beaten during the regular season. The only game I'd worry about for the 'Horns is against Tech just because of their offense. USC has two tough road games plus their rival UCLA at the end of the season. Virginia Tech still has Miami at home to face and in the ACC Title Game mostly will be against Florida State. If Texas or USC lose a game, that game might determine one of the two teams going to the Rose Bowl.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If strenght of schedule was still a factor in the BCS then Texas might have something to worry about. However, since that was removed I have no doubt Texas would play in the title game if they win out. But since V-Tech isn't going to get any love for playing a much harder schedule they will be on the outside looking in.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Jimmy Medalions wrote: But fuck the stats tell a different story.
Stats? Come on Meds......
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Left Seater wrote:If strenght of schedule was still a factor in the BCS then Texas might have something to worry about. However, since that was removed I have no doubt Texas would play in the title game if they win out. But since V-Tech isn't going to get any love for playing a much harder schedule they will be on the outside looking in.

Good point. OSU might end up being Texas' best win and with them losing last night, that hurts their opponents' strength. Let's face it, the Big XII is very weak this year...5th out the 6 BCS conferences. The Big East being the worst. It's hard to tell this team they can't play for a national title though no matter what the situation is. They played a very tough non-conference road game and it isn't their fault their conference is inept this year.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Here are 2 scenarios where I see FSU getting into the dance assuming they win out.

1. Notre Dame upsets USC. Now don't spit beer all over your key board. Charlie can coach and he sure as hell can game plan. He has had enough time too.

2. FSU convincingly defeats Va. Tech in the acc conference championship and leaps to #2 in the polls. If the pollsters are fair they will see that FSU had more quality wins this season:
win over Miami
win on the road against BC and Florida.

Hey it could happen.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

T REX wrote:
Jimmy Medalions wrote: But fuck the stats tell a different story.
Stats? Come on Meds......
It's true. When you look at 'em you just scratch your head and wonder how the win against Arizona was only a 21 point margin.

USC rolled up 724 yards of offense, 39 first downs, limited AU to 245 yards and 12 first downs, and SC held the ball for 14 minutes more. You'd almost expect the game to be "easier" than it was. The fact is penalties and turnovers continue to be a problem and special teams straight up suck right now. You give a team a short field and they'll hang with you as long as you let them. Arizona was only down 7 going into the 4th quarter.

SC can get away with stuff like that against an Arizona but they really need to improve or they will lose a game.
FIGHT ON!
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

SC can get away with stuff like that against an Arizona but they really need to improve or they will lose a game.
That would really upset me.... :roll:
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Laxplayer wrote:
That would really upset me.... :roll:
STFU hater!
FIGHT ON!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I'd love to see somebody knock-off USC but I don't see it happening. Seems like against any D in the Pac10 the condoms will eventually say "OK enough fuckin' around" then jam the ball down their throats with White and Bush. I don't see USC being SERIOUSLY challenged til the Rose Bowl where they'll play a physical Texas or Va Tech team that can push their D around some and inhibit the O from just "turning it on". Then USC will have to play 60-minutes of hard-nosed, solid ball in order to get the W.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Anyone who thinks the Rose Bowl will be anything but...

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

IndyFrisco wrote:I'm looking forward to the "Texas doesn't belong in the NC game because [insert undefeated team here] was undefeated with a tougher schedule" threads.
Actually, I'm looking forward to the "USC doesn't belong, because, unlike Texas and [insert Virginia Tech, Georgia or both in here], they don't play a conference championship game" threads from the Big 12, ACC and SEC honks.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

[quote]STFU hater![quote]

Gonna make me.....you shut upl
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

IF IF IF IF FSU goes 11-0 and then beats Va Tech...no chance in hell that we will not jump UT to the number 2 spot.

That said, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT it happens!
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

TheChief wrote:IF IF IF IF FSU goes 11-0 and then beats Va Tech...no chance in hell that we will not jump UT to the number 2 spot.

That said, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT it happens!
I'm tellin ya M, its gonna happen. At the begining of the year I thought this team was a year away but these freshman are nothing but sick. I saw alot of positives yesterday:
Wake threw every blitz package known to man at Drew and he overcame. Sure he struggled but he needed to see that in order to be successful down the road.
The O hung 585 total yards.
Greg Carr stats- 7 catches this year, 5 touchdowns. This kid is UNSTOPABLE.
running game improving every week.
The D got gashed but they needed a "come down to earth game". Mickey will get that fixed.
We should win out on our sched. I think Va. Tech is more of a pretender than a contender. And you have already seen what a joke Fl. is.
Take it to the bank, were back man and it feels great.

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:IF IF IF IF FSU goes 11-0 and then beats Va Tech...no chance in hell that we will not jump UT to the number 2 spot.
I'd bet a million dollars that this would be a mathematical impossibility if UT also runs the table.

FSU also isn't that great of a team. Their defense is excellent but their offense is mediocre at best.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Rack Fu wrote:
I'd bet a million dollars that this would be a mathematical impossibility if UT also runs the table.

FSU also isn't that great of a team. Their defense is excellent but their offense is mediocre at best.
Spoken like a true dumbass. Wait until the BCS comes out and then talk genius boy. FSU is ALWAYS very strongly ranked by the computers. I'll say it again, if we go undefeated, there is ZERO chance we don't play for a NC.

Nolesy, I got you man. Fact of the matter is, we are back. I just can't help but think the lack of experience on the offense is going to bite us in the butt at some point this season. None the less, our freshmen are the best in the country hands down. 5 of them have scored this year.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Unforunately, no undefeated season for you. WAR the real MNC game in Jacksonville. :wink:
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Chief, true we have freshman that might bite us on O but we also have strong leadership on o such as Leon, Catillo, Book, Willie reed, ect. These guys are gonna keep the pups in check. Plus these guys may be freshies in elgibility but they are jrs. and srs. in thier game.
Btw, it was over cast all morning here yesterday. Would'nt you know it as soon as I get in my seat and pour my first drink the sun breaks out and the day is a real baker. Noon games suck.

another btw, I will be expecting a pic. of that 19 year old hottie along with the shirt :lol:

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

TheChief wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:

Spoken like a true dumbass. Wait until the BCS comes out and then talk genius boy. FSU is ALWAYS very strongly ranked by the computers. I'll say it again, if we go undefeated, there is ZERO chance we don't play for a NC.
First off, I'm not going to worry too much because FSU will not go undefeated. VT is a better team - assuming both make the ACC final. FSU also seems to have a penchant for taking an unsuspecting loss to inferior Carolina teams (NCSU, UNC and Clemson). I think they only play two of the three.

Second, as I said before, it's going to be a mathematical impossibility if UT also goes undefeated.