PSU....I believe...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

PSU....I believe...

Post by Laxplayer »

I didn't believe until tonight. Maybe Joe Pa can still coach.....is this a good thing or a bad thing? Who knows? What an absolute huge win for the Nittany Lions....rack the kids.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Awesome game.

RACK PSU!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Awesome game is right. The kind of game you wish neither team would lose. I believed tOSU had a chance late...what an amazing ballgame.

Rack the white hats being back.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^ FUCK OFF :cry:

great game...PSU
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Maybe JoPa is so old, he forgot what his shortcomings were.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

RACK Joe Pa
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

I'm still not convinced but it was a fun game to watch.

RACK the hell out of the "White Out!"
FIGHT ON!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Why does Michigan have to play Penn State next week? :oops:

PSU definitely will control their own destiny in the conference. The game next week in Ann Arbor, they should be favored but you never know what Wolverines team shows up. They're at Illinois, a sure win. Purdue in Happy Valley should be a win for PSU. Then they close with Wisconsin and then at East Lansing...both teams currently sit with only one loss in conference. They have the head-to-head tiebreaker against Ohio State and Minnesota if needed. They're the last unbeaten team in the conference...all they have to do is win out and they're in a BCS game.

The question is, if you got three or four other teams finishing with unbeaten records along with Penn State (USC/UCLA, Texas/Texas Tech, Virginia Tech/Florida State and Georgia/Alabama)...who gets the Rose Bowl bid? Can you say playoff?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I definitely believe, congrats to PSUfan. What the fuck got into JoePa? I think those hubble-telescope goggles of his now enable him to see the future and he is using that to win games.

I thought this would be a tight one but that OSU would pull it out. But PSU's O did just enough and the D was nails. PSU's D is now playing like I thought they would when I drafted them for fantasy-league.

The game at Ann Arbor will be very interesting. The upset by Minn cancelled out the upset of MSU. Carr is coaching for his job again. Mich should be fired-up.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Danimal wrote:I definitely believe, congrats to PSUfan. What the fuck got into JoePa? I think those hubble-telescope goggles of his now enable him to see the future and he is using that to win games.
I laughed.

RACK!
FIGHT ON!
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Does somebody else actually coach PSU while Joe's job is to do incoherent interviews to confuse other teams? Paterno always seems in such an old man daze while answering questions.

BTW, I am kidding. Rack JoePa and PSU. It's nice to see them competing again.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Rack PSU. What a great defensive game against a quality team. Whoda thunk that they would control their own destiny viz. the BCS at this stage of the season?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Lax, I also believe...

I believe that Joe has really handed things over to his assistants. The offense is by no means perfect, but it really looks as if Galen Hall is in charge of everything. They are improving measurably.

With a little help from the offense, PSU's defense is scary good. There is a lot of talent on this team, and things have finally come around to where the staff can do some things with it.

Joe Paterno's take has been that they really were close over the past few years...I don't really agree, but there's no doubt that Justin King and D. Williams have given this team a shot in the arm, and things are coming together.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

There are sleeping giants all over college football, PSU. Look at what Carroll has done for us...and what Weis will do for ND in the years to come.

PSU was down, but never out.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

After watching that game, there is just no way I'll believe Joe Pa is calling plays. He doesn't even have any communication with the booth. His job is just to bark at a few calls from the refs and to make a Gatorade towel look really fashionable.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

...which is exactly why they are more and more successful, IMO. I was VERY dubious that he'd ever cede control to assistants.

The game didn't just now pass Joe by. It passed him by in 1978 or so. At that time, he realized that he had to change some things in order to take the next step.

By the time PSU won their first MNC in '82, the offense was being called by assistants. The masterful '86 defense? A result of Jerry Sandusky's coaching and scheming.

The organization went through a transformation after the '99 season, when Sandusky retired. Joe took direct control of things again.

If you want to look at this simply, it's really not too far off the mark - since the late 70s, the more Joe has relied on competent assistants and given them the authority to run the team, the more successful they've been. When he has held control of things tightly, they have struggled.

Right now there's no doubt in my mind that Joe's taken a step back and become more of a "big picture" guy. I thought he might resist that to the end...but I think I was wrong. He claims to not do that much coaching at this point.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

My partner is a Penn State grad and he is on cloud nine about the team.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.