White Lawmaker barred from Black Legislative Caucas

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

White Lawmaker barred from Black Legislative Caucas

Post by Sirfindafold »

White lawmaker excluded from black caucus

Angry politician compares Black Legislative Caucus to KKK. Rep. Stacey Campfield, R-Knoxville, stirred controversy by writing in his weblog about why he wanted to join the Legislature's Black Caucus.

Mark Humphrey / AP file

Updated: 10:35 p.m. ET Sept. 27, 2005

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A white Tennessee lawmaker lamenting his exclusion from the state’s Black Legislative Caucus claimed Tuesday the group was less accommodating that even the Ku Klux Klan.

“My understanding is that the KKK doesn’t even ban members by race,” said Rep. Stacey Campfield, adding that the KKK “has less racist bylaws” than the black lawmakers’ group.

The freshman Republican from Knoxville was rebuffed earlier this year when he asked for the Black Caucus’ bylaws and inquired about joining. There are 18 black state lawmakers in Tennessee.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

Campfield is a moron. His attempts to compare the Klan to the CBC clench it.

Anyway, his seeking to enter it is a publicity stunt. The best way to integrate the CBC is to be interested in the issues the CBC takes up upon itself.

Blacks didn't seek to integrate just for the joy of integrating. There was a purpose there.

Campfield trying to pull the 'reverse racism' card... particularly when he is represented by a majority of the house, the senate, the supreme court, the white house itself... is supremely laughable. no, it's sad.

From what I understand, the official reasoning is not that he's white, it's that he's full of shit. He has no intention of being a real, functioning member of the CBC.

It would be like a homophobe joining the Log Cabin Republicans just to spit on gays... and then bash gays for not allowing him to join so that he can spit on them.

He's not real. But a real person who happened to be white would probably be a HELL OF A lot more successful.

No story here.
on a short leash, apparently.
bray2
Elwood

Post by bray2 »

Git yo cracka ass out my meeting!

You know I know, and I know you know that I know.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

no surprise here
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Risa wrote:From what I understand, the official reasoning is not that he's white, it's that he's full of shit.

He's officially full of shit? Sounds official to me.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Risa wrote:Campfield trying to pull the 'reverse racism' card...
No such thing as "reverse" racism. One engages in racism or one does not engage in racism.

Your answer and your take are both 100% unadulterated bullshit.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Why dont the blacks just go back to Africa.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Cicero wrote:Why dont the blacks just go back to Africa.

Cause the niqqers over there don't feel like calling them American-Africans.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:I'm not surprised by the CBC's racist action or by Risa's defense of it.
It's as racist as Augusta National is sexist. Which is to say, not at all.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
88 wrote:I'm not surprised by the CBC's racist action or by Risa's defense of it.
What is it "partyist" ?
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:
BSmack wrote:
How is Augusta National not sexist? I thought women were excluded from membership and participation in The Masters tournament.
Actualy, Hootie Johnson was on record as saying if Michelle Wie won the US Amateur Public Links Tournament that she would be extended an invite. Now it looks like her only chance will be to get a special invite (VERY doubtful) or by finishing in the top 50 in the world golf rankings (even more doubtful).

Furthermore, Augusta does not exclude women from membership, they simply have never invited a woman to join. They have a very strict policy that one does not ask to join. Even Bill Gates was rejected when he sent out feelers about a possible membership. I suspect that as more women earn a place into the deepest niches of the "old boy network" that Augusta will extend an invite to a female. I just wouldn't expect it as long as Martha Burke is running her pie hole.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Change the subject much?

liberal POS. go fuck yourself.
mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Seriously - I think we need a different approach - strong, intelligent, principled, and fresh. Obama seems to fit the bill for me best at this point.
Then you are a fucking fool. Straight up. Obama is the dumbest motherfucker who has ever run for President.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Risa wrote:Campfield is a moron. His attempts to compare the Klan to the CBC clench it.

isn't that cinch it?

Anyway, his seeking to enter it is a publicity stunt. The best way to integrate the CBC is to be interested in the issues the CBC takes up upon itself.

no. the CBC has no interest in letting honkeys join. Note they are not the caucus of folks interested in "black issues", whatever the fukk that means. They are by definition, a group of legislators that are black. Let the white boys try that.

Blacks didn't seek to integrate just for the joy of integrating. There was a purpose there.

what would that be?

Campfield trying to pull the 'reverse racism' card... particularly when he is represented by a majority of the house, the senate, the supreme court, the white house itself... is supremely laughable. no, it's sad.

y'know what's sad? you're on the net 24/7 and apparently don't realize that the topic here is Tennessee's STATE legislature

From what I understand, the official reasoning is not that he's white, it's that he's full of shit. He has no intention of being a real, functioning member of the CBC.

wrong again. They are the BLACK causcus. Yup, that's right. Membership requires one thing, a minimum level of skin pigment.

It would be like a homophobe joining the Log Cabin Republicans just to spit on gays... and then bash gays for not allowing him to join so that he can spit on them.

couple of differences. the log cabin republicans are a private group of citizens that something in common. They all like to take it in the arse, or give it. The racist black tennessee caucus has no such requirements. I will admit that it is probably safe to say that they are all good democrats. Being democrats is not what it takes to get in. Being black is.

He's not real. But a real person who happened to be white would probably be a HELL OF A lot more successful.

successful at what? getting into the causus? define real please.

No story here.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.