USC v. ASU post game thread

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

USC v. ASU post game thread

Post by GreginPG »

I don't want to muck up Jimmah's consolidated melt thread. That thread has a separate purpose.

I was telling Lax earlier that today's game had the feel of part Stanford last year and part Cal in 2003. I can't believe the number of mistakes SC had in the first half, especially penalties. Fortunately for them they were able to climb out of the hole they dug for themselves.

Some of the play-calling today was questionable as well. The naked bootleg play for Leinart was ridiculous.

Ok, that's a start. I know one of Jimmy's daughters had some thoughts on the game. Perhaps he'll post those here as well.
FIGHT ON!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

You win...you move on...

Sin,

tOSU 2002
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

^^ :lol: tOSU is overrated. :lol:

Serious note. Dumb penalties are troubling. Not a Carroll attribute. I think our guys have been spoiled and expect to dominate early. Oregon was similar.

Frustration set in early for us today. This is the kind of game we needed. Make no mistake we are beatable. Our players need to find patience.

I won't get down on the playcalling just yet. Was great seeing Kirtman get the ball so much and the coaches knew that pounding the rock on ASU would pay off.

Mental toughness should be the theme of practice this week.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^

actually that was 03 :lol:

again you win you move on...if SC won the game 2-0 who gives a fat fuck...as long as your teams score is > than the other teams...let the cards fall...

it did help that the ASU QB had some TO's but the last Pick what happened to the WR? It was like he was playing tip drill with the other team???
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Interesting too, was Leinart's game today. He completed nearly 60% of his passes that went for 258 yards, no TD's. I didn't even think he had that many yards so I was surprised to see that. I still think that late hit might have affected him. Dude took that helmet right on the chin.

USC ends up with 631 total yards but well over half came on the ground today. That's what making this team so fun to watch this year...their balance.

I agree Jimmy on the mental toughness thing. The first halves of last week and today compared to the respective 2nd halves in each game are like night and day.
FIGHT ON!
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Right now SC has the belief that no matter what happens they're going to win the game. It's doesn't matter because average teams like ASU will begin talking to themselves....hey, we're hanging with them. Hey, we're supposed to get blown out.....then Sc scores and the doubt coes back. SC has that mental edge that's worth about 7-10 points a game because the other team thinks and says they believe but deep down they know they don't belong and they'll do something to screw it up.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Ucla down to the Huskies 10-0 at the half.....to the HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe trying to emulate big brother......

I we lose this game, Dorrell's ass is back in the grinder. Deservedly.

How in the fuck did OU lose to these guys???????
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Pathetic effort in the first half. Why the hell did they kneel with 30 seconds on the clock and 3 TO on the UCLA 39?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Focus I think may have been more of a problem than mental toughness the first half the last 2 weeks. Its like the Trojans need to get themselves in to a hole before they start taking the other team seriously. Weiss has 2 weeks to prepare the Domers for SC, a lack of focus at the start of that game may hurt, they cant continue to allow teams to get larger and larger leads just to test themselves. Hopefully the disrespect Weiss has shown towards SC in his remarks since he arrived in South Bend will help the Trojans get the focus they will need to shove the ball down that fat fucks gullet.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

dont get me wrong, usc is the best team in the country today, BUT, so far, in their past two title runs, they havent played four top ten teams in any given season,
the 95 nebraska squad, faced 4 final top ten teams that year, usc might only face one, in the title game, and thats it,
last year was the same, usc only met one final top ten team, oklahoma in the title game, and thats it,
so, bottom line, usc doesnt measure up to the 95 huskers,
I really think that notre dame can beat usc next week, they have the quarterback who is more than capable of shreading the trojans secondary, so, we'll see, otherwise, it looks like a cake walk for them, the rest of the way,
:evil:
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Im sorry brad but if USC wins 3 in a row.. they will become the best college football team of all time.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

peter dragon wrote:Im sorry brad but if USC wins 3 in a row.. they will become the best college football team of all time.
I hope they actually play somebody in the title game. I am sure it will be Texas and texas will get raped like every other Big 12 team. People are calling the best offense of all-time......the Pac-10 doesn't play defense.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

T REX wrote:
peter dragon wrote:Im sorry brad but if USC wins 3 in a row.. they will become the best college football team of all time.
I hope they actually play somebody in the title game. I am sure it will be Texas and texas will get raped like every other Big 12 team. People are calling the best offense of all-time......the Pac-10 doesn't play defense.
:roll:

Apparently neither could Florida yesterday. And just WTF happened to the Gators offense?? My God, at least Arkansas scored a touchdown against those guys.
FIGHT ON!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

SoCalTrjan wrote:Hopefully the disrespect Weiss has shown towards SC in his remarks since he arrived in South Bend will help the Trojans get the focus they will need to shove the ball down that fat fucks gullet.
I missed whatever he said...

What'd Weiss say?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

T REX wrote:
What a dumbass

Sincerely,

M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

T REX wrote:the Pac-10 doesn't play defense.
We disagree.

Sincerely,
ASU outgaining LSU by 130 yards
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

say whatever you want, but people who REALLY KNOW big time college football, REAL INSIDERS will tell you to a man, 95 nebraska would butcher rape usc of ANY year, and heres why,
95 nebraska was bigger physically,
95 nebraska was stronger physically,
and, here is the clincher,
95 nebraska was faster, with more flat-out speed, on BOTH sides of the ball,
so, lets talk turkey here, reggie bush? lawerence phillips and ahmann green BOTH are faster and bigger than that pussy,
wanna talk defense? NOT EVEN CLOSE, the blackshirts were putting opposing teams players in the hospital,
so basically, its a no-brainer, ask ANY knowledgeable football guru,
and every single one of them will agree, the trojans dont match up,
PLUS, usc did not face 4 top ten teams, 95 nebraska did,
so basically, I just handed you your ass,
paging season over troll,
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Id take the 1979 USC team with their 2 Heisman Trophy winners and a roster that went on to play in over 60 pro bowls vs any team
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that ten years later, with the way football players keep getting bigger, stronger and faster every year, nope, Nebraska's '95 team was neither bigger nor faster than the current USC team.

That was just plain ignorant.

Also, in addition to USC's '79 team with two Heisman winners, SC's 2003 team also had two Heisman winners and more than likely so too does this year's team.

SC's 2003 team had a fuckload of NFL talent and it's safe to say that this current squad does too.

Nebraska plays nobody out of conference and their conference back in '95 was the Big 2, not the Mediocre 12, like it is now, so who gives a rip what the overrated Black Shirts did to Kansas?

How many Pro Bowlers came from that team?

Who were their Anthony Munoz's, Marcus Allens, Roy Fosters, etc?

Ahman Green?? Lawrence freaking Phillips??

Funny, innit, how "any knowledgeable football guru" inevitably disagrees with these supposedly "consensus" jack ass opinions of people like bradhusker, depending on where they live and which team they root for...

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Id take the 1979 USC team with their 2 Heisman Trophy winners and a roster that went on to play in over 60 pro bowls vs any team

You call yourself a toejam fan? I hate SCuM, but the 1972 team was their best. End of discussion......
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Hopefully the disrespect Weiss has shown towards SC in his remarks since he arrived in South Bend will help the Trojans get the focus they will need to shove the ball down that fat fucks gullet.
You have a link to what he said? Because I have a good idea you heard that from WeAreSC.com, and they can't provide a link to back it up. I know exactly what he said, and you have to reach to turn it into a "disrespect", especially considering the things he said after about SC.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Van wrote:
Nebraska plays nobody out of conference
They played two Pac-10 teams OOC in 1995.

I guess I just proved your point, didn't I? :?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Hopefully the disrespect Weiss has shown towards SC in his remarks since he arrived in South Bend will help the Trojans get the focus they will need to shove the ball down that fat fucks gullet.
You have a link to what he said? Because I have a good idea you heard that from WeAreSC.com, and they can't provide a link to back it up. I know exactly what he said, and you have to reach to turn it into a "disrespect", especially considering the things he said after about SC.
Again, what'd he say?

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Weis said something when he was initially hired about beating SC. The kind of stuff the fans want to hear from their new guy. It wasn't insulting, but the homers on the SC boards made it come accross like he was disrespecting us.

Move along...
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

figures socalTard would get firing up your fan base confused with dissing SC...

you kind of like Tressel said when he got hired at tOSU in "310 Days you will be proud of our guys in Ann Arbor" not guaranteeing shit...

but tOSU did go up and beat Michigan...

I have no problem with Weiss firing up the faithful...but if that is what SC fan needs to have for "bulletin" board material (read not Meds or Greg) then so be it...
Killian

Post by Killian »

Van wrote: Again, what'd he say?
During an open forum with students, someone asked him about SC because ND has lost 3 straight to them by 31 points. Weis said, "We'll I had pretty good success against Pete in the pros." That got turned into "I've never fucking lost to that son of a bitch and I'm damn sure not going to start now!" In reality, right after he said the comment about success against Pete in the pros, he followed it up with a comment about how this was different, and how ND had a long way to go to consistantly compete with 'SC and they are at the top of the mountain, etc.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Killian, did you hear Cowherd this morning say that ND is the only team in the country that can beat USC?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Killian, did you hear Cowherd this morning say that ND is the only team in the country that can beat USC?
No, I didn't. I don't listen to Colin much, but he has been drinking the kool ade of late. Personally, I think a team with a much better defense than ND will have a better shot. But if USC comes out flat and ND gets up 21-3 or somthing similar, it will make things interesting. I think ND would be able to take care of the ball a little better than ASU did.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Killian, did you hear Cowherd this morning say that ND is the only team in the country that can beat USC?
I did. To be honest, I think ND is USC's toughest game remaining on its schedule. And that's because Charlie Weis can straight up gameplan as well as anyone. And his kids won't quit playing, unlike ASU & UO. But ND simply doesn't have the talent to match up with USC. Playing in South Bend might help ND a little, but it won't be enough.

Right now, to me, the only team that could give USC a shot is Texas-- because they play solid D and have some playmakers on offense. I'm sure that opinion could change though after a certain game played in Dallas this weekend.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Killian

Post by Killian »

^^^^^^^^

They have the talent, they don't have the experience. Their defensive secondary is young in terms of playing time, both in games and actually playing the position. Wooden and Ndukwe were recruited as WR's, and Ndukwe bounced around between LB and SS this spring. Zibikowski is a great hitter and run supporting FS, but he plays the pass like shit. Richardson is average at best, but Lambert was recruited by everyone. So they have the talent, but the defense won't come around until next year. Their offense can match up with most anyone's in the country.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Van wrote:Nebraska plays nobody out of conference and their conference back in '95 was the Big 2, not the Mediocre 12, like it is now, so who gives a rip what the overrated Black Shirts did to Kansas?
Sometimes it helps to know what you're talking about before you post out of your ass.

NU played Michigan St. Arizona St. and Washington State out of conference in '95. Two of your Pac 10 brotheren.

Colorado was ranked 7th when NU beat them, KSU was ranked #8 and Kansas was ranked #10.

I assume bitch slapping the Ol' Ball Coach and #2 ranked Florida 62-24 doesn't count.
Who were their Anthony Munoz's, Marcus Allens, Roy Fosters, etc?
Right here.

Here's a list of players that played in the NFL for a significant period of time, those that are no longer, generally suffered career ending injuries.
*denotes still active
Chris Dishman
*Mike Minter
Christian Peter
Jason Peter
*Adam Treu
*Grant Wistrom
*Micheal Booker
Aaron Taylor (outland trophy winner)
*Kris Brown
*Mike Rucker
*Eric Warfield
*Ahman Green
Larry Phillips
Tommy Frazier
Funny, innit, how "any knowledgeable football guru" inevitably disagrees with these supposedly "consensus" jack ass opinions of people like
Van, depending on where they live and which team they root for...
Open pie hole, insist dumbass uninformed take.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

hey van?
your ENTIRE reply to my post was IGNORANT,
every remark you made was false, including the remark about how football has changed in 10 years,
for starters, every football insider will tell you that it is no contest,
not only did nebraska 95 have bigger and stronger athletes than usc of right now, BUT, 95 NU was faster on both sides of the ball,
again, this is not my opinion, but stone fact,
NOW, you said that nebraska didnt play anybody?

this tells me that you are a fuckin fairy sissy cum sucking faggott,
when you make fun of nebraska playing kansas, I LAUGH at the faggott you are,
it just so happens that kansas finished the 95 year, ranked no. 10 in the fuckin country,
so, who should I believe?
some faggott named van?
or the AP and coaches polls?
lets see, no brainer there,
NEXT,
95 nebraska faced 4 final top ten teams,
usc?
just 1, and not until the title game,
plus,
95 nebraska faced a team like 95 florida,
as far as this forum is concerned, so far, usc has yet to face a team with that kind of speed,
period.

finally, 94 nebraska had to face a defense with the likes of warren sapp and ray lewis,
as far as this forum is concerned, USC has yet to even see a defense like that, with speed like that,
then,
some faggott named van wants to know who is playing in the NFL for nebraska?

how bout perrennial pro bowlers like will shields and mike minter for starters?
usc has yet to provide the NFL with a defensive back in the same league as a mike minter,
by the way,
hows that feel to be handed your ass?
actually, I just raped your faggott ass,
not only did I win the war of facts with you, BUT, in person?
I'd tear you apart with my bare hands, you little pencil neck fairy princess,
oh, by the way,
yes, ahmann green is not only bigger and stronger than reggie bush, but yes, he is faster as well,
ouch, your bleeding from the rectum,
so, van the faggott thought he was smart?
I just dry fucked ya,
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Van wrote: Nebraska plays nobody out of conference and their conference back in '95 was the Big 2, not the Mediocre 12, like it is now, so who gives a rip what the overrated Black Shirts did to Kansas?
Missed the last part of this one the first time. :lol: :lol:

1995 Aloha Bowl
Kansas - 51
UCLA - 30
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian wrote:
Van wrote: Again, what'd he say?
During an open forum with students, someone asked him about SC because ND has lost 3 straight to them by 31 points. Weis said, "We'll I had pretty good success against Pete in the pros." That got turned into "I've never fucking lost to that son of a bitch and I'm damn sure not going to start now!" In reality, right after he said the comment about success against Pete in the pros, he followed it up with a comment about how this was different, and how ND had a long way to go to consistantly compete with 'SC and they are at the top of the mountain, etc.
Okay, now I'm ready to kill!!

(Seriously, that's all he said? Big fucking deal. I'm sure neither Pete nor his players gave a rat's ass.)

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

damm, I love this GANG RAPE, of a usc apologist, damm that hurts,
I havent even rolled up my sleeves yet, 95 nebraska would butcher rape and skull fuck ANY usc team, of ANY year,
strictly speaking, size, strength, flat out speed, no comparison, 95 NU wins on all counts,
the blackshirts of 95 would cripple your heisman winner, just like we crippled an even better heisman winner,
the blackshirts of 95 would cripple reggie bush, just like we crippled an even better and faster runner, fred taylor,
let me say it slowly for the retards from the pac ten,
your trojans dont match up to 95 NU, plain and simple, learn to live with that fact, embrace it, love it , put your arms around it and fuck it,
suck it,
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

Degenerate wrote:
Van wrote: Nebraska plays nobody out of conference and their conference back in '95 was the Big 2, not the Mediocre 12, like it is now, so who gives a rip what the overrated Black Shirts did to Kansas?
Missed the last part of this one the first time. :lol: :lol:

1995 Aloha Bowl
Kansas - 51
UCLA - 30
DAMM! this is a good old fashioned gang rape, of a pac pussy ten apologist,
van my boy, after this fuckfest, I hearby declare your new name to be................drumroll please......................VANNA!!!!!!!
welcome to the board, you filthy whore,
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

bradhusker, on what are you basing this crap that Nebraska's '95 team was bigger and faster than today's USC team?

Seriously. SC's receivers, SC's lineman, these guys are as fast and huge as CF's ever seen, so where are you getting this crap?

Nebraska's '95 team was huge for '95, sure, but today? How do you figure?

Cornhusker, with the exceptions of Ahman Green and Grant Wistrom, neither of whom were ever true world beaters in the NFL, that list of yours is pretty paltry considering all the collegiate success Nebraska players used to enjoy.

Probably Roger Craig is Nebraska's best legacy.

Like I said, where's Nebraska's Anthony Munoz, their Bruce Matthews, their Marcus Allen, their Junior Seau, their Ronnie Lott, their Lynn Swann...prerennial All Pros and HOF-ers?

Answer: There really aren't any, because back when Nebraska was good their player reps were built on the backs of stomping similar but inferior stone aged football teams of the Big 10/12.

The teams with the most real talent perennially play in Florida (and the southeast) and the West Coast, where NFL style football has traditionally been played.

Skill position players from Nebraska generally...aren't. Corners from Nebraska generally faced dogshit QB's/receivers/prehistoric passing schemes all season long, both during games and in practice. Running backs and receivers from Nebraska nearly never pan out in the NFL because suddenly they don't have four yard wide holes to run through and clueless run stoppers masquerading as DB's trying to defend them. Dominant linemen at Nebraska quickly find out it's one thing to run block sixty times a game against Iowa St and it's quite another to pass block against a pissed off Warren Sapp and Willie McGinnest when it's third and nine.

It's endemic, with Nebraska.

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

team.
Van wrote:Cornhusker, with the exceptions of Ahman Green and Grant Wistrom, neither of whom were ever true world beaters in the NFL, that list of yours is pretty paltry considering all the collegiate success Nebraska players used to enjoy.

Probably Roger Craig is Nebraska's best legacy.

Like I said, where's Nebraska's Anthony Munoz, their Bruce Matthews, their Marcus Allen, their Junior Seau, their Ronnie Lott, their Lynn Swann...prerennial All Pros and HOFers
I was strickly giving examples for the '95 team.
All those guys played on that team with 8 still playing.
My point is for '95 only. Paltry to you, however general managers still seem interested in employing them.
Your USC examples didn't play at the same time.
Names are names, it's a team game and NU had more success with less talent year in and year out than any college program.
It was a product of farm boys playing together and disipline taught by great coaching while stressing teamwork.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That, and perennially weak non conference scheduling and a perennially overrated conference which they feasted on year in and year out to build their overinflated reputation.

Again, from that '95 team, only Ahman Green truly panned out. Grant Wistrom was decent for the Rams, but no world beater. Chris Dishman was, again, decent.

The stars from that team?

-Lawrence Phillips: Not just a total bust as a player, but a colossal bust on every human level.

-Christian Peter: Ummm, huh?

-Aaron Taylor: Ditto

-Tommy Frazier: Don't think he ever even played a down in the NFL.

Nice college team, definitely. Very dominant in their era, against that competition. Not all that much talent though, and definitely unable to stack up against the best talent from quite a few other teams spanning the decades...

...and USC's current team (this year's or last year's) would utterly destroy them. See, like Nebraska of '95, USC's current squads also exemplify teamwork. They have to, what with all those stars they've got, guys who still can't even start. Same as Nebraska, Carroll's got 'em playing and behaving like a team, not a group of individuals.

Thing is, they just happen to have far more weapons and far better coaches (especially the coordinators and position coaches) than the '95 Nebraska team.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Believe the Heupel wrote:"I've never fucking lost to that son of a bitch and I'm damn sure not going to start now!"

Be a lot cooler if he had said that.

Stupid, yeah, but damn it, I miss college coaches who'd show up for pressers drunk and start talking shit.
So I guess this means you want to dump Stoops for Howard Schnellenburger? :shock:
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.