mpg's to DVD

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

titlover
Eternal Scobode

mpg's to DVD

Post by titlover »

how do I tranx all my pron from mpeg files on my computer to a DVD.

I would guess you need a DVD burner, but maybe someone knows some shortcut or some trick.

TIA
David_Copperfield
The Wizard

Post by David_Copperfield »

Here's how I convert mpg to DVD:

Import the mpg into Windows Movie Maker (this program comes with your pc if you're running XP)

Save that file as a .wmv file. It will lose no resolution.

Import the wmv into a program such as MyDVD

Burn to DVD.

This is assuming that you do have a DVD burner.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

David_Copperfield wrote:Here's how I convert mpg to DVD:

Import the mpg into Windows Movie Maker (this program comes with your pc if you're running XP)

Save that file as a .wmv file. It will lose no resolution.

Import the wmv into a program such as MyDVD

Burn to DVD.

This is assuming that you do have a DVD burner.
good question. I do know it's a DVD player and burns CD's, but not sure if it burns DVD's. is there a diff?
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Hell yeah there is a difference.

Here are your options: CD player, CD/DVD player, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-RW/DVD player, DVD Burner.

To make this more complicated, the depending on the DVD burner, it could be: DVD+RW, DVD-RW or DVD+/-RW. Could also be Double layer burner (the latest stuff). Anyway, if it just says.

From what you've said, its probably a combo drive, meaning a CD burner and DVD player, however, if you examine the front of the drive, it should tell you what it is (look for the highest mark and assume it does everything else before.

If you don't have a burner, hopefully you have an extra 5 1/4 drive slot (the bigger one) to put a 2nd DVD burner into. I would look for a drive that does everything, including DVD+RW, DVD-RW and Dual/Double Layer. You should also figure out what kind of Burned disks your DVD player plays. HP drives for example only support DVD+RW disks. There are a few more companies that work similarly but for the most part, most drives support all the formats.

You should also note that you will need a version of your burning software that supports DVD burning.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Good info site I use frequently-

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

werd.

Thanks for the help!