Chiefs vs. Broncos MNF

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

KC Scott

Chiefs vs. Broncos MNF

Post by KC Scott »

I gotta laugh at all the "experts" (including our local media) that called for the Chiefs to open the season 1-3 or worse.

The Doinks showed me little in the San diego game.
Mike Anderson still fumbles the ball & Jake Plummer still makes boneheaded plays.

The Doink D looked better than I expected, or maybe it was the Blots Offense is just worse.

Another close game - I'll call 24-20 Chiefs win on the road
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

I have serious doubts about the Monday night game next week. Chiefs are on a roll and will have big time momentum coming off the win over the Rayduuuhs plus the Broncos are known for sucking it up on Monday nights. And based on yesterdays pathetic performance, it's going to be a loooong season.

I can't pick them to win next Monday:

Chiefs 30
Broncos 14

Sorry fellow Bronco fans, but I'm a realistic fan...I gotta tell it like it is. Unlike a lot of you, I don't live in a fantasy world when it comes to my team.

I'll still be rooting for them and supporting them, and yes I really do want them to win, but based on what I saw yesterday with both teams, it doesn't look good for us.

Feel free to pile on now and pile on some more IF the Broncos pull this one off next week.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

d-townmike wrote:

Chiefs 30
Broncos 14

Sorry fellow Bronco fans, but I'm a realistic fan...I gotta tell it like it is. Unlike a lot of you, I don't live in a fantasy world when it comes to my team.

Rack you for keepin' it real

Post by Guest »

d-townmike wrote:I have serious doubts about the Monday night game next week. Chiefs are on a roll and will have big time momentum coming off the win over the Rayduuuhs plus the Broncos are known for sucking it up on Monday nights. And based on yesterdays pathetic performance, it's going to be a loooong season.

Chiefs 30
Broncos 14

I'll still be rooting for them and supporting them, and yes I really do want them to win, but based on what I saw yesterday with both teams, it doesn't look good for us.

Feel free to pile on now and pile on some more IF the Broncos pull this one off next week.
In the dictionary under pussy it says see DicktongueMike. Aren't you the guy who made a sig bet against his own team last year? Maybe it was Felix but I'm thinking it was you.

Yeah Scott rack him for keeping it real but at the same time rack Rayder James for being a fan no matter what in a different thread. :roll:

Here is a true fans take:

The Broncos are not as bad as they have played so far this year and this is just the game for them to bust out and open up a can of whoopass on the Chiefs. They were far from impressive in the win over Chokeland, in fact you could easily argue that they tried as hard as they could to give the game away but were saved by the uncanny knack of Chokeland bending over and grabbing their ankles like only Chokeland can.

In Denver that is about 100% unlikely to happen. The Chiefs D is improved but it is far from a dominant defense and the Broncos will exploit that. Plummer is hit or miss but he is due for a breakout game after two fairly shitty ones so far. Not to mention the fact that this is KC/Denver, no overlooking this rivalry. Chokeland used to be the game our team got up for but that shit hasn't been a rivalry since before Shanny took over in Denver.

If it was in KC I would lean towards the Chefs but in Denver I say the Broncos pull out a win.

The O line gets it together, the ground game gets on track and Plummer actually makes plays to help his team as Denver finally getting their shit together - for at least one game.

Broncos 27 Chiefs 17.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

icantstopfelching wrote:Here is a true myopian's take:

... Plummer is hit or miss but he is due for a breakout game ...
Fixed and :lol:
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

icantstopsuckingshannycock wrote:In the dictionary under pussy it says see DicktongueMike. Aren't you the guy who made a sig bet against his own team last year? Maybe it was Felix but I'm thinking it was you.
yes, but it was with a shit troll named Bronco Rob. I won didn't I? :roll:
Not to mention the fact that this is KC/Denver, no overlooking this rivalry. Chokeland used to be the game our team got up for but that shit hasn't been a rivalry since before Shanny took over in Denver.
Since you no longer live in Denver, and I'm not sure how long you haven't lived here, but the DEN/OAK game is talked about and smacked about the entire week leading up to that game as if it were the super bowl. So far, I haven't heard a whole lot about next week's pending 1-2, err I mean game. Could it be the fact that it may only be Monday and people are still yapping about yesterdays game like now? Possibly. Most likely local fans don't even want to look forward to next week.
The O line gets it together, the ground game gets on track and Plummer actually makes plays to help his team as Denver finally getting their shit together - for at least one game.
As long as Plummer knows which jersey to throw to and Anderson learns how to hang onto the ball, it may happen. Chiefs D has looked great this season and I wouldn't underestimate them.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

jidar
Crack Whore

Post by jidar »

It's tough to say what is going to happen.

On paper, in theory or just sittin at the bar there is every reason to say the Chiefs are the better team and should come out of this one with a win, but it's the Broncos at home and you know Denver is going to bring their A game.
They play hard when they play the Chiefs, especially at home, it could go either way.

Still, the Chiefs right now are simply playing better, so they're the smart pick.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jidar wrote:but it's the Broncos at home and you know Denver is going to bring their A game.
I didn't know Denver had an "A" game........

In any event, this will be a tough game for the Broncos to win but, if the Bronco defense that played in the second half of the Blots game shows up against the Chefs, it will definitely make it more interesting. If they can shut down LaDanian, they can shut down Holmes and Johnson.

The Red Menace offense is in it's typical mode, but the defense seems to be playing moderately better than they were a year ago. The double headed hydra of Holmes/Johnson is working very effectively (cept for fantasy owners--s'up Scotty). Shut down Gonzales and you'll shut down a large percentage of their passing offense. Bailey did it last year, and I expect him to be spending an equal amount of time with Tony this time around.

Tough to call, but I think Denver wins by a field goal.

Let's say
Denver-27
Chefs-24
get out, get out while there's still time

Post by Guest »

Enough of this bullshit.

Listening to Dicktongue and Felix give handjobs to each other in some sort of a pathetic attempt to support but not really support the Broncos is making me fucking sick over here.

:oops:

Bandwaggon fucks like you two are the reason Bronco fans get a bad name around the NFL.

Back to the game....

I was surprised to see Derrick Gibson play Gonzales so well one on one for so much of the game Sunday Night. Considering that Derrick Gibson has pretty much sucked ass in just about every other Faider game I have ever seen I'm thinking he just had the game of his life. Woodson however, was thrown all over the place whenever he tried to say with Tony G. Bailey is more physical than Woodson and not nearly as much of a whinny bitch as he is either, still I would be hesitant to have Bailey lock up Gonzales unless he starts strong and gets off for big yardage.

One thing is for certain however, shutting down Gonzales is essentially shutting down the Chiefs passing game.

We have to get pressure, especially on third down. We all saw what Green did when he had 45 seconds to throw seemingly every third down vs. Chokeland a few days back.

Like I said above, the Broncos have yet to play their best football and this game is the perfect time for them to step up. On the flipside if the chefs win they are is a sweet spot indeed. 3-0 with road wins against two division rivals certainly wouldnt suck this early in the season.

I think not though. Shanny shows again why he is the best coach in the game and we send the chefs home crying like always.

Sig bet Cheiffan?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

icantstopfarting wrote:Woodson however, was thrown all over the place whenever he tried to say with Tony G. Bailey is more physical than Woodson and not nearly as much of a whinny bitch as he is either, still I would be hesitant to have Bailey lock up Gonzales unless he starts strong and gets off for big yardage.
Bailey is not more physical than Woodson.

You are an idiot.

T Gonz had 5 catches for 44 yds in that game.

Decent game, but not exactly "throwing Woodson (or anyone else) all over the place."

We have to get pressure, especially on third down. We all saw what Green did when he had 45 seconds to throw seemingly every third down vs. Chokeland a few days back.
KC was just 5 of 16 on 3rd downs.

Don't let reality get in the way of your storytelling.

Post by Guest »

poptart wrote: Bailey is not more physical than Woodson.

You are an idiot.
Yawn.

Does your dumbass even watch the games or do you just sit around and wait for the commentators to tell you what to think?

Gibson was on Gonzales for the majority of the game Sunday night and did a pretty damn good job IMO. Not often have I seen a safety play the best TE in the game so well one on one. Woodson was only on him at times. When Woodson was on Gonzales Tony G promptly threw that overrated overhyped pussy all over the field and had his way.

I throw a compliment to one of your players for stepping up and you respond to my rightful critisism of a player who covered him in spurts?

The very fact that I am so hesitant to put Bailey on Gonzales full time is due to the fact that I fear Bailey will be physically dominated in much the same way that Woodson was.
T Gonz had 5 catches for 44 yds in that game.

Decent game, but not exactly "throwing Woodson (or anyone else) all over the place."
You do love your stats don't you chess nerd? According to stats Kerry Collins is having one hell of a year isn't he?

Ahem....maybe not so much.

Stats don't mean shit boy so save your 3rd down completion % nonsense and look at the things that matter - like the scoreboard.

In the 2nd half the Chiefs offense dominated your defense and Green had all day to throw on 3rd down. Did we watch the same game for fucks sakes?

Your defense wore down late because your offense couldn't do shit and left them hanging. The Chiefs made adjustments at halftime...it's called coaching. For the 2nd straight game the Faiders did not and were outplayed, outcoached, and outclassed.

That's called lack of coaching.

Norv Turner sucks and so does your reasoning.

Bottom line.

Paul you're on.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

icantstopfelching wrote:One thing is for certain however, shutting down Gonzales is essentially shutting down the Chiefs passing game.
True to a limited extent, especially in the Red Zone. Also easier said than done, especially over more than one game. Btw, I think there's a guy named Kennison that Green might be looking for in this game. :lol:
icantstopfelching wrote:Sig bet Cheiffan?
Boy, now there's a shock. I'm sure no one saw that coming. :roll:

For a week, sure. It will be real "meaningful" in the long run, fucktard. I'll let Paul's do for me, if KC wins.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Stats show K. Collins is 0-2 as a starter this year. For that reason I give him a C- grade so far, despite having a very good passer rating. QB has a greater potential impact on a team's winning or losing than any other player on the field, and for that reason a QBs won-lost record ought to be strongly considered in evaluating his performance.

This isn't about Collins, it's about your bad takes. It's also about your Mule myopia and the fact that your hatred for Oakland and KC has clouded your judgement, hence producing a couple of lame takes.

For starters, Bailey is 6 ft 192 and Woodson is 6'1" and 200.

Beyond that I know that my eyes don't deceive me.

Woodson packs more of a punch than Bailey, and it's not that close.

Green didn't have a great night tossing the ball on 3rd down as you say, no matter how red your face gets arguing that point.

T Gonz did not tear up Woodson or anyone else in that game, no matter how long you lay on your back, kick your legs, and hold your breath 'til your face turn blue. Shit, pal, he caught 5 balls for less than 9 yds a catch and zero tds.

After further review, your points still suck ass.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Re: Chiefs vs. Broncos MNF

Post by frodo_biguns »

KC Scott wrote:I gotta laugh at all the "experts" (including our local media) that called for the Chiefs to open the season 1-3 or worse.

Mike Anderson still fumbles the ball & Jake Plummer still makes boneheaded plays.

The Doink D looked better than I expected, or maybe it was the Blots Offense is just worse.

Plummer has to be the biggest dissapointment! I too thought he would thrive in that system. Dudes gotta set the bottle down.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

icsf wrote:Bandwaggon fucks like you two are the reason Bronco fans get a bad name around the NFL.
Try again there, Skippy. It's the MYOPIANS in this town that give Bronco fans a bad name. There aren't enough realistic ones to give Bronco fans a good name. Majority rules right?
Shanny shows again why he is the best coach in the game and we send the chefs home crying like always
Best coach???? Would this "mastermind" have won his two superbowls without the two guys that really gave the team those two victories? I don't think so. Have you noticed that the team hasn't won shit since then??? And don't give me this "rebuilding" bullshit. I didn't think that it took six years for a team to rebuild and if this is rebuilt, then that foundation was poured by the lowest bidder.

Just face it, farty, you are a true myopian. When will you wake up and realize things really aren't as great as you make them to be?
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

icantstopfarting wrote:Enough of this bullshit.

Listening to Dicktongue and Felix give handjobs to each other in some sort of a pathetic attempt to support but not really support the Broncos is making me fucking sick over here.

Bandwaggon fucks like you two are the reason Bronco fans get a bad name around the NFL.
You're a funny guy.........
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Broncos win this one easily 31-17 and Chef Fans come back down to Earth!
Run if you have to but keep up!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The turning point in the season for the Chiefs.

Priest Holmes and Trent Green go down in season ending injuries.

Denver 31

KC 10
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Joe in PB wrote: Priest Holmes and Trent Green go down in season ending injuries.
Wishful thinking much? :roll:
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

KC Scott wrote:I gotta laugh at all the "experts" (including our local media) that called for the Chiefs to open the season 1-3 or worse.

None of the above matters in the least. Donks + Chefs + MNF = shower rod time for Cheffan. Enjoy the 2-0 start while you can beause by Tuesday AM, the Chefs will be in 2nd place in the AFC West. Enjoy 2nd place while you're at it too, btw, because you'll have nowhere to go but down in the subsequent weeks of the season. You can count on a home loss to the Raiders, and yet one more to the Donks- and very likely two to the Chargers, because no matter how much of a bonehead Schottenheimer is, the Chefs are still his bitch- just like he's Shanny's bitch.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Cuda wrote:

None of the above matters in the least. Donks + Chefs + MNF = shower rod time for Cheffan. Enjoy the 2-0 start while you can beause by Tuesday AM, the Chefs will be in 2nd place in the AFC West. Enjoy 2nd place while you're at it too, btw, because you'll have nowhere to go but down in the subsequent weeks of the season. You can count on a home loss to the Raiders, and yet one more to the Donks- and very likely two to the Chargers, because no matter how much of a bonehead Schottenheimer is, the Chefs are still his bitch- just like he's Shanny's bitch.

RACK

This one wont be close-the denver line will chop block a couple of cats into sideline bench time, and the blowout will be on from there.

Call it

Broncos-31

Cheifs-9
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Cunt-a wrote:Donks + Chefs + MNF = celebration time for Cheffan.
That's what I THOUGHT you said, you fucking bleeding cuntlip.
So reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths?

I for one am shocked!

Really!
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:We
may
have
to
take
this
function
away
from
you
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Somehow, every time Tard-it-up 3.0 makes such use of the word "we", it ends up coming back to bite him on his comically fat ass.

Never gets old
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Back to back roadies have a way of not being kind to NFL teams.

KC is coming off a pretty emotional and important road win over the Raiduhs.

[Altitude]I see KC losing a bit steam in the 2nd half of this game.[/Altitude]

I'm not at all sold on Dungver, but I do see them winning on Monday night.

Mules - 24
Chefs - 20
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Be verrah afraid, Mulefan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHIEFS NOTES: Roaf report

The Kansas City Star

After a day on the treadmill and elliptical machine, tackle Willie Roaf felt so good he made a request: He wants to try to practice today.

Roaf, a 10-time Pro Bowl tackle, was upgraded Friday to a shade better than 50-50 for Monday night’s game at Denver. He’s been out because of a hamstring strain since the first half of the Sept. 11 season opener against the Jets, a game in which Roaf threw several devastating blocks.

Although coach Dick Vermeil said backup Jordan Black has done a respectable job filling in for Roaf, it’s obvious the Chiefs are eager to get Roaf back for the Denver game. The Chiefs have yet to win at Invesco Field under Vermeil.

Roaf moved around gingerly in the locker room Friday, but that’s the way he’s walked for most of his career in Kansas City. He still managed to protect quarterback Trent Green for 49 straight starts before sitting last weekend at Oakland.

“I don’t know if it’s going to be a game-time decision or if they will make that decision prior to us even traveling out there,” Green said.

“I am just excited he is up on his feet and moving around, so there is a chance.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Roaf can go at even 75%...

Chiefs 34
Mules 20

No Willie will make it much more difficult to get Vermeil his first win in Dungver with KC, but I still like our chance say...

KC 24
Dung 20

Yes, I'm saying that Willie Roaf makes a 10 point difference to this offense.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

With apologies to Jimmy Buffet...

Miami was no fluke
Why, just watch the Snake puke
Nothin’ here goin’ according to Hoyle
Half the team is from Cleveland
The rest under-chievin’
Even the Coors is beginnin’ to spoil

Chorus:
Wastin' away again in Elwayville
Searching for one last Superbowl shot
Some DonkFans claim that Shan-a-han’s not to blame
But we know it’s all the Mastermind’s fault

We don’t know the reason
He’s stayed all these seasons
Nothin’ to show since ol’ Horse-face retired
But leading his Ponies
He’s a fraud and a phony
It’s amazing he hasn’t been fired

Chorus:
Some DonkFans claim that Shan-a-han’s not to blame
But we know it’s all the Mastermind’s fault

Blown out at Invesco
And the fans all say “let’s go”
As Priest takes another one back to the house
And there’s boos in the South stands
For a poorly drawn game plan
And ol’ Ratty’s just tryin’ to hang on

DonkFan now claims that Shan-a-han is to blame
Yes we know it’s all the Mastermind’s fault
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

^^^Did you write that?
If so…RACK!
Run if you have to but keep up!
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

‘Sup, g-2!
Just tryin to give rise to “having no life and way too much time on my hands.” Or something like that….

Since we’re on the subject, I guess this is the part where I’m s’posed to mix in a take:

Monday Night is a Statement Game for the Chiefs and a Must-Win for the Donks.

Why? The Chiefs take command of the Division with road-win Monday night. Now trailing by two games, the Donks fall into a tie with the Blots, who should take care of business against a much-improved Giants team at home on Sunday night. Oh, and the Raiduhs start thinking draft position after going armadillo at Philly. The Horse Heads must win to keep pace, secure a tie in the Division, and protect the home pasture.

A loss also presents the Mules with the unenviable task of trying to break serve in Kansas City later in the year. December roadies to Arrowhead have been less than kind to the Hee-Haws of late; the Mules have pulled off this feat exactly once in the last 20 years. Finally, a Chiefs victory all but secures them playoff berth. Seven more wins would put them at 10-6, and with seven of the next 13 at home, I like our chances.

That said, color me unimpressed with Dickie V’s “perfect record” at Invesco and the football gods bestowment of back-to-back prime-time roadies against our most bitter rivals. Unfortunately, it all boils down to Defense and Willie Roaf’s health. Has the D learned to recognize the boot? Can they prevent the One Big Play that usually comes home to roost at Dungver? As for Roaf, his presence assures six yard bursts by the Priest and 20 yard gallops by Grand Ma-ma. More importantly, he secures Trent’s health every time he drops back to pass.

I don’t like this game. Too many injuries, a jacked-up Monday Night Mile High crowd, and a desperate Mule team… Rod Smith will most likely have his usual 9 catches and 170 yards (even if Plummer throws left handed), and should form hold true, (insert journeyman running back’s name) will likely get a buck-fifty on the ground.

But I’m subject to myopia as bad as the next peep:

In a Barn Burner…
In a Nail Biter…
(Don’t go to bed America)

Chiefs 24
Hated Rat-Fuck-Donkey-Ass-Horse-Head-Hee-Haw-Oat-Munching-Mule-Fuck-Motherfuckers: 23
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

bwahaha...

He once was lost but now is found
Just in time on mulefan to pound
As hated donkeys get raped on own cursed ground

Welcome home, br'er Truman!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Truman wrote:‘Finally, a Chiefs victory all but secures them playoff berth.
Why stop at "secures them a playoff berth", why not just say a victory puts them in the Super Bowl?

Being 3-0 means nothing when one considers the consistency of the Chefs meltdowns in the latter part of the season.

BTW-it's nice that you to stop by occasionally.........
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I thought I ran him.

This season's not going as planned.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The first 'customer' steps up.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:I thought I ran him.
You did-he just didn't know enough to stay gone......
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:Has the D learned to recognize the boot?
I don't think it's so much a question of learning to recognize it but of being able to fucking do something about it. With the speed they have now at LB, I believe they do.

As well, for the bootleg to work, you actually have to have a credible threat at RB, which Dayne and Anderson doesn't inspire.

Look for Jake to have a facemask full of #56 when he tries that oh so predictable bootleg shit.
Rod Smith will most likely have his usual 9 catches and 170 yards..
Agreed. Rod Smith is the only real threat. Lock Surtain up on him and limit the damage to yards only, but no TD's.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Felix wrote: Why stop at "secures them a playoff berth", why not just say a victory puts them in the Super Bowl?
Nope. Annual Superbowl predictions are the Providence of MuleFan. Do the math and re-read my post, Phallix: 10-6 will be good enough in a down Division.

Just sayin'....
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

poptart wrote:I thought I ran him.

"You... And what army?"
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Truman wrote: Nope. Annual Superbowl predictions are the Providence of MuleFan.
So other than the resident gas passing myopian, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any Bronco fan that is predicting a Denver superbowl appearence this year.

On the other hand, Chef fans screaming that this indeed is "the year" are plentiful. Mix that with a "willie roaf means 10 points" to the offense idiocy and KC fan has indeed set the table for another inevitable "WTF happened" chorus ringing down from Arrowrock.

You know what they say: Starve a cold, feed a failure
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

War Wagon wrote: I don't think it's so much a question of learning to recognize it but of being able to fucking do something about it. With the speed they have now at LB, I believe they do.

As well, for the bootleg to work, you actually have to have a credible threat at RB, which Dayne and Anderson doesn't inspire.

Look for Jake to have a facemask full of #56 when he tries that oh so predictable bootleg shit.

...Rod Smith is the only real threat. Lock Surtain up on him and limit the damage to yards only, but no TD's.
Props for the defensive game plan Wags, but I've always subscribed to the notion that emotion (Big Mo) and venue also add hops to the brew.

Half the fans in Horseyville would now be swinging from a collective Shower Rod had the Blots held on last weekend. This team - and its fan base - is desperate, as evidenced by the boos cascading down from the "cheap" seats (is their such a thing in an NFL stadium?) last Sunday.

Vermiel's record at Mule Hide has been very Marty-like. Where's Joe Montana and Willie Davis when you need 'em? Maybe Dickie V oughtta just toss his headphones to Gunther. Gun may not have won many games during his tenure - but his teams always beat Denver like the proverbial rented mule.