Westbrook cuts off contract negotiations

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Westbrook cuts off contract negotiations

Post by BBMarley »

And word is McNabb is pushing for him- now T/O has a bug up his ass b/c #5 didn't push for him- now he may not talk to him.

Like Sands through the hourglass.....
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

From what I have read, the offer they made to Westbrook is very fair. The contract puts him in the top 10 for RB's in the league. The contract is comparable to what A. Green and Tiki Barber are getting.

The Eagles will take a PR hit on this no matter what because they are $12 mill under the cap but I think Westbrook is a little full of himself if he thinks he deserves LT money.

As big a fan of Westbrook as I am, even I know he's not as good as LT.

I'm glad they drafted Moats.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

jiminphilly wrote:From what I have read, the offer they made to Westbrook is very fair. The contract puts him in the top 10 for RB's in the league. The contract is comparable to what A. Green and Tiki Barber are getting.

The Eagles will take a PR hit on this no matter what because they are $12 mill under the cap but I think Westbrook is a little full of himself if he thinks he deserves LT money.

He is excellent in our system... I think he is only above average outside of it.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BBMarley wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:From what I have read, the offer they made to Westbrook is very fair. The contract puts him in the top 10 for RB's in the league. The contract is comparable to what A. Green and Tiki Barber are getting.

He is excellent in our system... I think he is only above average outside of it.
You mean a system, that prior to TO, relied on Westbrook to do virtually everything except throw the ball? Considering the lack of weapons on offense I think he did some pretty spectacular things considering he was the only threat the Eagles had besides McNabb. Don't you?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

jiminphilly wrote:
BBMarley wrote:

You mean a system, that prior to TO, relied on Westbrook to do virtually everything except throw the ball? Considering the lack of weapons on offense I think he did some pretty spectacular things considering he was the only threat the Eagles had besides McNabb. Don't you?
Exactly- that's my point. But put him on most other teams and expect him to do the work of a traditonal running back- and he won't excel like he does here.

I think he should be paid as he means more to this offense than TO does (IMO)- but if he is looking for L/T money- he's def smoking something.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BBMarley wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
BBMarley wrote: He is excellent in our system... I think he is only above average outside of it.
Exactly- that's my point. But put him on most other teams and expect him to do the work of a traditonal running back- and he won't excel like he does here.

I think he should be paid as he means more to this offense than TO does (IMO)- but if he is looking for L/T money- he's def smoking something.
I never said he should get LT money (in fact the opposite) but I also think he could be a 1200 yard back if given the chance. That's only 75 yards a game. First tier backs avg. between 95-105 a game.