Eagles Cut Corey Simon

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

jiminphilly wrote:
Here we go again..

I'll take mvscal's approach and point out that on the patriots website Belichick is listed as coach and the VP of player personel is Scott Pioli.
Assuming the stupid title argument, Belichich- the coach- works under or at least concedes player decisions to Pioli right? Well we both know that's not the case. In fact Pioli works for Belichick.
Nice try, but wrong comparison. Trying to compare the responsibilities of a VP of player personnel and a COO is an apples and door knobs comparison.

Until he left to teach at Harvard, Andy Wasynczuk was the Patriots COO AND he was Belichick's boss.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Hapday wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
Here we go again..

I'll take mvscal's approach and point out that on the patriots website Belichick is listed as coach and the VP of player personel is Scott Pioli.
Assuming the stupid title argument, Belichich- the coach- works under or at least concedes player decisions to Pioli right? Well we both know that's not the case. In fact Pioli works for Belichick.
Nice try, but wrong comparison. Trying to compare the responsibilities of a VP of player personnel and a COO is an apples and door knobs comparison.

Until he left to teach at Harvard, Andy Wasynczuk was the Patriots COO AND he was Belichick's boss.

Not when the COO knows nothing about football. Which is why all football operations were handed over to Reid while Banner oversees the rest of the organization.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:
Hapday wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
Here we go again..

Not when the COO knows nothing about football. Which is why all football operations were handed over to Reid while Banner oversees the rest of the organization.
Don't bother dude. Hap is just pmscal east with a funny accent to boot.

Please don't bother to explain the concept of keeping football operations seperate from other team operations. I'm afraid he wouldn't understand.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yes he is.

No he's not.

Yes.

No.

He is.

Isn't.

He sure is.

Is not.

My dad can whip your dad.

Mine can whip yours.

Pull the fucking plug.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

jiminphilly wrote: Which is why all football operations were handed over to Reid while Banner oversees the rest of the organization.
So how exactly does this demonstrate that Reid is Banner's boss?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: Which is why all football operations were handed over to Reid while Banner oversees the rest of the organization.
So how exactly does this demonstrate that Reid is Banner's boss?
Who the fuck was saying that Ried is Banner's boss? All I saw was the contention that Ried is allowed to make all personel decisions and that Banner's job, as it relates to personel, is to negotiate the contracts in such a way that they fit under the cap.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:Banner's job, as it relates to personel, is to negotiate the contracts in such a way that they fit under the cap.
Exactly. You are starting to get it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:Banner's job, as it relates to personel, is to negotiate the contracts in such a way that they fit under the cap.
Did I mention that he only negotiates contracts for players that Ried has chosen?

That was the whole point.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
Hapday wrote:
Did I mention that he only negotiates contracts for players that Ried has chosen?

That was the whole point.
He does a lot more than that, and until you fucking learn how to spell ANDY REID you shouldn't even be in this discussion.

BTW that wasn't the topic some dipshits in this thread were too eager to display their stupidity about:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Keep KYOA mvscal....I don't give a FUCK what their individual titles are, Andy Reid at the end of the day IS Joe Banner's boss. PERIOD.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
And if they don't, who tells Reid it isn't going to happen?

Reid has total control of football operations...until he fucks it up at which point the team president, Joe Banner, will have to make a business decision on Reid's future.
Banner won't make that call. The owner will make that call.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:Banner won't make that call. The owner will make that call.
On whose recommendation?

You really have no idea of how corporations work, do you?
Find me an NFL team that is run like a Fortune 500 company.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:Who the fuck was saying that Ried is Banner's boss?
KCLUMPOFSHIT 3.0, Dicklicker James, Feeldicks and dumbassinphilly.
Look sparky, I never said Reid was Banner's Boss, I said that Reid makes the decisions when it comes to players. Here's a clue, if you want to continue to get pummeled in this thread, then by all means have at it.

Unfortunately for you, in this forum your dealing with some pretty astute people when it comes to football knowledge, so your MO of throwing shit against the wall and hoping it will stick probably isn't going to go over well.

We've all seen this kind of troll job before, executed by people much better at it than you.........
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Still waiting for that example of an NFL team that is run like a Fortune 500 company.

:roll:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote: On whose recommendation?

You really have no idea of how corporations work, do you?
Find me an NFL team that is run like a Fortune 500 company.
The Eagles.

Way to kick your own ass, dumbfuck.
Now please feel free to demonstrate how that statement is true. Feel free to provide examples and cites. because the rest of us know that NFL teams are not run like Fortune 500 companies. They are run like privately held businesses. Which is exactly what they are.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:The first clue is that fact that they have a corporate management structure and that their management team does not come from a football background.

They aggressively control costs (the salary cap) while delivering a quality product to their consumers.

They invested in infrastructure improvements for both their consumers and their employees.

I haven't seen their balance sheet, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Lurie's investment has been more than paid off.

Business is business. Football is just the product.
Nice spin mvballerina.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BMonica wrote:I have been proven wrong yet again.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
Ah, so it's pmscal east to the rescue.

Let me know when either one of you can provide a cite to back up your idiocy.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
Hapday wrote:

You have been proven wrong no less than twice in this thread alone, yet you continue to throw different kinds of shit against the wall hoping something will stick. You are the Roger Clemens of bullshit.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Hapday wrote:

You have been proven wrong no less than twice in this thread alone, yet you continue to throw different kinds of shit against the wall hoping something will stick. You are the Roger Clemens of bullshit.
Show me dickneck.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote: Ah, so it's pmscal east to the rescue.

Show me dickneck.
Have somebody re-read this thread to you bitch.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

And still nothing backing up the contention that NFL teams are run like Fortune 500 companies.

You know why?

BECAUSE NEITHER OF YOU KNOWS DICK ABOUT FOOTBALL
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Back to the topic at hand. It looks like he is going to sign with the Colts. Not a bad pickup if you ask me. this addition definitely solidifies Indy's role as the AFC representative in the superbowl
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

DallasFanatic wrote:Back to the topic at hand. It looks like he is going to sign with the Colts. Not a bad pickup if you ask me. this addition definitely solidifies Indy's role as the AFC representative in the superbowl
yeah it kinda went off course didn't it. :?

I agree the signing helps the Colts. Is it enough to topple the Pats? A season will tell. I think the loss of Bruschi is a bigger loss to the Patriots then the addition of Simon is to the Colts.
Rushville
Elwood

Post by Rushville »

Wow! I thought I'd check in here to see what you guys thought of the Colts signing of Simon and it looks like a thread turned into a freaking quagmire.

Well, I couldn't be happier about this signing. This is exactly the type of thing that we have been waiting for the Colts to do for years now. But, combine this with the news that we received yesterday that LB Kendall Pope, who was expected to see a lot more playing time this year and bring some speed and tackling to the line backers, has been suspended for a year for substance abuse. So we pick up a big-time proven player for the D line but we lose a player with potential in the LB spot.

This doesn't exactly make the Colts unbeatable. It merely gets them closer to the Patriots level. When it comes down to January, (and hopefully in the dome) if Corey Dillon is able to break through the line of Corey Simon, Dwight Freeney, Monte Reagor and Robert Mathis, he will have practically NO LBs that are capable of bringing him down.

The Colts D has been upgraded at the corners, safeties, and now the line. But the linebackers are still very suspect.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

You can mark this day down as the beginning of the end for Tony Dungy
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

At best, Simon is a coach killer.

At worst, he's a coach killer who can't play anymore.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

How is he a coach killer? You make no freaking sense. did he do anything to get reid fired? Nope, Reid simply showed him the door. Or was it Banner? Or was it Lurie......

:lol:
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Cuda wrote:At best, Simon is a coach killer.

Dude- you're an ass! Simon has had no problems with the Eagles until this. He can still play- but the Eagles weren't going to give him the money he wanted b/c they have Patterson that they drafted to take his place. Patterson latched on strongly to the system, Thomas stepped up his game- so they let Simon go and will use the money elsewhere (picking up a veterean receiver or RB, signing Westbrook to long term deal, etc...)

This is a huge pickup for the Colts... gives them a legitmate interior defensive lineman to go with their strong ends. I think this is great..
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BBMarley wrote:
Cuda wrote:At best, Simon is a coach killer.

Dude- you're an ass! Simon has had no problems with the Eagles until this. He can still play-
We'll see, won't we?
but the Eagles weren't going to give him the money he wanted b/c they have Patterson that they drafted to take his place.
Oh, they drafted somebody to take his place... but he can still play, right?

NFL teams draft immediate replacements for guys who are still on top of their game all the time, don't they? Oh, wait... they don't.

Dumbass.

This is a huge pickup for the Colts... gives them a legitmate interior defensive lineman to go with their strong ends. I think this is great..
Simon may be somewhat better than what the Colts have right now, but it isn't going to make a difference, because he's not going to live up to either the expectations the fans are going to have, nor to the big bucks the Colts laid out to sign him. The Colts still aren't going to beat anybody but the Broncos in the playoffs- with Simon, or without him. Simon isn't going to give a fuck either way, and that's going to be what does in Dungy. Might happen this year, might not happen until next year, but Dungy is a goner.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Cuda wrote:
but the Eagles weren't going to give him the money he wanted b/c they have Patterson that they drafted to take his place.
Oh, they drafted somebody to take his place... but he can still play, right?

NFL teams draft immediate replacements for guys who are still on top of their game all the time, don't they? Oh, wait... they don't.

Dumbass.
And it is evident you have no idea how Philly runs their system. They do not provide long term contracts to players nearing 30 (with exceptions- Dawkins is one). Simon is 28- so after his one year tender- he would have been 29- and not getting a contract. They drafted Patterson- a young, big quick interior lineman to take his place. Logic being- he plays one year while Patterson gets the experince in the system. Then, let him go next year when he is 29 and bring Patterson in. However, Patterson has taken to the Birds system like a duck in water. That, combined with the fact that Hollis Thomas is looking much quicker this year- they figure let him go and save the money under the cap to use elsewhere. That is how the Birds have stayed one of the premier clubs in the league...

Learn a little bit more before you let your diarrhea of the mouth make you look like a bigger moron than you already are.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Cuda wrote: NFL teams draft immediate replacements for guys who are still on top of their game all the time, don't they? Oh, wait... they don't.
Dumbass.
Link?

The Eagles took Simon out of the starting lineup last year after teams were running through the middle of the line like it was a turnstile. Only after replacing Simon and putting Trotter at MLB did they start to contain the run.

Simon has some football left in him but he's no where near his best days. He's continually out of shape, injury prone and he was no where to be found in the Super Bowl. Fortunately for Simon he plays a position that is in high demand in the NFL so it's no surpise that he got paid.

And yes, good teams do draft depth and replacement players all the time. It's how you sustain success in the NFL all the while maitaining a cap.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Cuda wrote:NFL teams draft immediate replacements for guys who are still on top of their game all the time, don't they?
Only the good teams.

Maybe this is why the Eagles have one of if not the best record in the league over the last six years. They think ahead.
Then why didn't they draft a QB to step in this year & replace McNabb, who just happens to be at the top of his game?

Top draft choices are drafted to be starters- immediately. If Simon was still good enough to start- which jiminphilly now admits he wasn't, btw- the team wouldn't have drafted somebody to step in this year and replace him.

Anyway, the issue of Simon no longer being on top of his game- or even good enough to be a starter anymore is apparently closed, so we can move on to the fact that he's going to be a disappointment in Indy and that ultimately, Dungy is going to take the blame for it.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

QB's are a different deal... allegedly.

I don't think they should be any different, but that's a whole 'nother argument from this one.

Any first round pick who isn't starting as a rookie shouldn't have been picked in the 1st round.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Cuda wrote:
Then why didn't they draft a QB to step in this year & replace McNabb, who just happens to be at the top of his game?
Because 2 years ago they drafted Andy Hall out of Delaware as his play is very similar to Mcnabb (Likes to scramble, make plays out fo the pocket). He is their 4 th string this year and they are working on developing him - for the future! This way they can have a young guy to step in and take a similiar role in the offense when Mcnabb is done in the next 5 or so years. (or so they hope.... his preseason was good- but he'll need to step up and take over the 3d string role nest year to prove he can take a startign role in the NFL)
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BBMarley wrote:
Cuda wrote:
Because 2 years ago they drafted Andy Hall out of Delaware as his play is very similar to Mcnabb (Likes to scramble, make plays out fo the pocket). He is their 4 th string this year and they are working on developing him - for the future! This way they can have a young guy to step in and take a similiar role in the offense when Mcnabb is done in the next 5 or so years. (or so they hope.... his preseason was good- but he'll need to step up and take over the 3d string role nest year to prove he can take a startign role in the NFL)
Gotta call you on this BB-- Hall won't be the Eagles QB of the future and I doubt he'll ever make the roster. He can't beat out Koy or Mike McMahon this year so I don't see how he has a future. McNabb's got a lot of years left in him. They won't draft a replacement till McNabb's ready to retire.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

jiminphilly wrote:
BBMarley wrote:
Cuda wrote:
Gotta call you on this BB-- Hall won't be the Eagles QB of the future and I doubt he'll ever make the roster. He can't beat out Koy or Mike McMahon this year so I don't see how he has a future. McNabb's got a lot of years left in him. They won't draft a replacement till McNabb's ready to retire.
I said he has alot to prove- but I thnk that is why they drafted him. I watched him play almost every home game for UD- and IN COLLEGE he was of the Mcnabb ilk. I think they drafted as a possible replacement in the future- but he has not lived up to expectations. Hence- no I don't see him replacing Mcnabb- but I think tha was their thought when they drafted him- possible pay off of a late round pick
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BBMarley wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
BBMarley wrote: Because 2 years ago they drafted Andy Hall out of Delaware as his play is very similar to Mcnabb (Likes to scramble, make plays out fo the pocket). He is their 4 th string this year and they are working on developing him - for the future! This way they can have a young guy to step in and take a similiar role in the offense when Mcnabb is done in the next 5 or so years. (or so they hope.... his preseason was good- but he'll need to step up and take over the 3d string role nest year to prove he can take a startign role in the NFL)
I said he has alot to prove- but I thnk that is why they drafted him. I watched him play almost every home game for UD- and IN COLLEGE he was of the Mcnabb ilk. I think they drafted as a possible replacement in the future- but he has not lived up to expectations. Hence- no I don't see him replacing Mcnabb- but I think tha was their thought when they drafted him- possible pay off of a late round pick
Mike McMahon is of the same ilk and I think he'll have a longer career then Hall. I know you're a U of D fan but homerism can only carry you so far.. :lol:
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

padlock or Archive by post #125

y'all decide
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

let it die a natural death