The San Antonio Saints

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

The Assassin
Raider Fan

The San Antonio Saints

Post by The Assassin »

State see discussions as negotiating ployAssociated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- State officials say they are not surprised by a report that New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson is looking at San Antonio as a possible new home for the team, labeling the threat a bargaining tactic.

Benson recently cut off talks with the state about a new long-term agreement to keep the Saints in New Orleans until after the upcoming season.

"It doesn't surprise us at all that they will be rattling the saber a little bit to bring more tension to the situation," said Doug Thornton, regional vice president of SMG, the company that operates the Superdome. "This is not new. This is what NFL teams do."

In a story in Wednesday's editions of the San Antonio Express-News, Stanley Rosenberg, Benson's attorney and a member of the team's board of directors, said the Saints' owner is interested in moving the team, possibly to San Antonio, his second home.

Rosenberg also met with representatives of New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson to discuss the possibility of the Saints' moving to Albuquerque, the newspaper reported.

Rosenberg, one of Benson's key negotiators, also said he has received several offers from outside interests to buy the team, including one for more than $1 billion.

When reached Wednesday at his office, Rosenberg declined to comment other than to confirm that the highest offer Benson has received for the team was "for more than $1.2 billion." The Saints also declined comment.

Gov. Kathleen Blanco said she wasn't surprised the Saints camp raised the possibility of relocation, but she said Louisiana has made a fair offer to Benson. She said she doubts the team can get a better offer elsewhere.

"I still think we offered a great deal to the Saints right now, to Mr. Benson in particular," Blanco said.

The Saints' current agreement, which runs through the 2010 season, includes an exit clause that lets the team leave Louisiana after this season by repaying the $81 million it received during the first four years of the deal. The state can opt out of the deal after the 2007 season.

"We're not going to give them a single legal leg to stand on that would allow the team to leave without paying a penalty," Blanco said. "It's hard for me to predict what their goals are."

The Saints called off negotiations after reviewing a state proposal focused on a $174 million Superdome renovation, with the Saints contributing $40 million, that would increase the team's ability to make money but also reduce the amount of guaranteed income from the state after the renovation is complete.

The state package includes $267 million in guaranteed money for the team, $134 million toward the Dome renovation and an estimated $336 million in additional revenue the Saints could earn after the renovations are complete.

Including the stadium renovation, the state estimates its proposal is worth $737 million from now through the 2025 season.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the Saints have not applied for relocation, the first step in a lengthy procedural process required by the league to move a team. Any proposed relocation by a franchise requires the approval of 75 percent of NFL owners, or 24 of 32 teams.

"We expect the Saints' emphasis to continue to be to negotiate a deal with the state and honor their contract," Aiello said. "All teams, under league rules, must honor their stadium leases." :roll:

The day the league allows San Antonio an NFL before Los Angeles. Will be the same day the Canadian Football League decides to once again expand into the United States.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

"San Antonio Saints".
The name makes as much sense as "Utah Jazz". :P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Rack One Nut.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

The Superdome is old and shitty. They need to tear that fuck down and build a retractable roof stadium. Hell any town that gets a Super Bowl as often as we do down here should deserve that much.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

TenTallBen wrote:New Orleans is old and shitty. They need to tear that city the fuck down and flood it. Any city that smalls like stale booze and vomit deserves that much.
FTFY
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

$1.2 billion. :lol:
Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

ElvisMonster wrote:$1.2 billion. :lol:
Pesos, amigo.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

BSmack wrote:New Orleans is old and shitty.
That's why they have about 8 million visitors annually.

Asshat.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

TenTallBen wrote:

Asshat.
Yea, and 7,999,999 of them are hookers or clients of hookers.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:

Asshat.
:lol:

RACK
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

BSmack wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:

Asshat.
Live in any of these states?
The Top 10 States of origin of all New Orleans Visitors include: California, Texas, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Georgia, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Ohio
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

^^^^That made no contextual sense
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

BSmack wrote:Yea, and 7,999,999 of them are hookers or clients of hookers.

So I'm the only dude who has ever gone to N.O. and not paid a Hooker or tricked my self out?

The fact that I've been there with my wife is disturbing to say the least. Can we just say she's on my payroll, therefore a hooker and never speak of this again? Thanks, fellas. You're the greatest.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

Headhunter wrote:So I'm the only dude who has ever gone to N.O. and not paid a Hooker or tricked my self out?

The fact that I've been there with my wife is disturbing to say the least. Can we just say she's on my payroll, therefore a hooker and never speak of this again? Thanks, fellas. You're the greatest.
I proposed to my wife in the Quarter and got married in the Quarter. Love the Big Easy. Fuck off, haters. Never scored a hooker, but my wife and I were invited to a strip club by this chick the night I proposed. Pretty funny story. I'll tell you sometime.
Life's Pretty Straight Without Jimmy Medalions.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Headhunter wrote:
BSmack wrote:Yea, and 7,999,999 of them are hookers or clients of hookers.
So I'm the only dude who has ever gone to N.O. and not paid a Hooker or tricked my self out?
No.

Talk to Adam if you neecd some help letting out those repressed feelings.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

rozy wrote:^^^^That made no contextual sense
I know but I was just trying to tard it up for BSmegma's little brain.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:New Orleans is old and shitty. They need to tear that city the fuck down and flood it. Any city that smalls like stale booze and vomit deserves that much.
FTFY
You live in Camaromulletville aka Crapchester. Glass houses much?
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:
FTFY
You live in Camaromulletville aka Crapchester. Glass houses much?
Way to break out that oh so fresh Romey Rome gloss. What's next? Some Aqua Velva resets? :roll:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

TenTallBen wrote:
San Antonio has about 20 million, according to their CVB.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

RadioFan wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:
San Antonio has about 20 million, according to their CVB.
Link?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

The league will never allow it. Its Los Angeles,or nothing.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Saints are going nowhere

Look for Vikes or Chargers to move to LA, so they can sell out 1/2 of the stadium, but boast about being 1 of biggest markets in US.

:roll:
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

A NFL team moving to LA has nothing to do with season ticket sales. It's all about having a team in the #2 TV market when the league negotiates it's broadcasting rights. If LA's TV market value was that of Portland’s, the league wouldn't even consider moving a team back.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Joe in PB wrote:A NFL team moving to LA has nothing to do with season ticket sales. It's all about having a team in the #2 TV market when the league negotiates it's broadcasting rights.
Bingo.

This is laughable.

Other than SWB, I can't think of any fortune 500 companies that HQ in SA. Why is that important? Who do you think is gonna buy the luxury boxes - Pedro's lawn care?

The mean income of SA can't be much higher than 12K either. Not thinking your gonna find 60K of them to buy PSLs and season tix.

Benson and the aint's even suck at bullshit.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

BUMP
Al Davis=Fidel Castro