Bands that really suck

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's YOU who needs to ask themself if they want more. See, I'm FULLY prepared to question your sexual orientation yet again. Are you sure that's what you want going into the weekend? I will stick my hand right down this modem and choke the selfofsteam right out of your candy little ass, MTVBoi. "Boi." That's how you homos spell it, right? Sorry if I'm a little behind on the homosexual pop culture.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

PrimeX wrote:You want more? I have a temper.
Chill. We won't be havin' no black-on-black crime here.

BLS, just recognize that Dins has no idea what he's missing. The poor ignorant bastard has never issued Laguna Beach. He don't know no better.
why is my neighborhood on fire
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

PrimeX wrote:I wish the following would also STFU!

Sum 41
Good Charlotte
Bravery
Puff Daddy Diddy Puffy
Dinsdale's mom
New Found Glory
The Used
Rolling Stones
wtf?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A couple more things --

The Rolling Stones blow much ass. If they were a fraction as good as the critics and tards made them out to be, they would indeed be the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band. But, they aren't.

Another -- I'm single and live on the beautiful Left Coast. If I want to see hotties running around Laguna Beach, I'll jump in my car and go check it out. Same goes for Ditler's Beach, Reeder Beach(very close to home, and nudity is encouraged), Newport, Florence, Sunset and the beaches of California as well. Once again why it rules to be me, and sucks to be you.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Dinsdale wrote:Are you sure that's what you want going into the weekend?
Sit on the PC during daylight hours like yourself when I'm not at the job?

No way. You're stupid and geigh. Stupeigh.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Dinsdale wrote:If I want to see hotties running around I'll jump in my car and go check it out.
Yet you have like more posts than anybody here. Either you're lying or you ride man. You're so gay you like Ricky Martin and your heart beats, i mean your feet when he sings all go, ok wait.

DAMNIT MAN! My funnay is broke.

Whatever, I already burned you up there. Quit replying to me.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Off the top of my head, I'd have to go with...

-NickelbackPODStaindPuddleofMud (yes, it's all one band to me)
-Sum41311Blink182 (again, all one band)
So, they are the StyxKansasToto of their respective era? :)

The whole thing is, of course, subjective. For example, the next time I have to listen to some "musically enlightened" asshole* try to sell me yet again on the "sheer brilliance" of Uncle Tupelo or Son Volt, I will inject an air bubble into one of their major arteries to cause a painful, and possibly fatal, embolism.

*these assholes, naturally, believe themselves to be musicians (usually guitarists) instead of the barely-passing English Lit/speech communication/special ed majors they are. They can often be found -when not 'working' in a record store- with their bongo-playing stoner buddies on streetcorners, "jamming" and pretending that they don't really seek any attention....despite the fact that they're blocking the fucking sidewalk.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:The whole thing is, of course, subjective.
Poor dumb bastard.

Uncle Tupelo is genius, BTW.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:First, feel lucky that you don't live anywhere near me, since I would pilfer YOUR woman, do naughty shit to her holes, and them send her home for you to bat cleanup.
I'll just take solace in the fact that while you're fantasizing to a man on a message board about what you want to do with his woman, I'm living out the real life part of it. But you know, have fun with that. I guess a man's gotta keep his mind entertained when his junk's gettin' passed up like a salad bowl in the JTR household.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Oh SNAPX!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Couldn't agree more. NIN is offensively bad. Push a button on your $49.99 Casiotone, much?

And PrimeX is still gay.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Your insults gave me the flu. I hurt, I sweat, I want to puke then drink a beer.
Fat Bones
In propria persona

Post by Fat Bones »

PrimeX wrote:Rush.

Rush.

And Rush
But why do thee sucketh tho?
Prancing around to girly musing is fine for the damned; what of you? Miss PrissX.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Chick digs baseball history, so she can't be that bad. Too bad her voice makes aborted fetuses want to die.

Again.

BTW- No thanks on your torrent spy bloorrf, bantam bone. I'm just now uncloggin' the ears from this weekends flu bug. No need to punish them once again.
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

Blind Melon
White Lion
Winger
Candlebox
Def Leppard

BTW:

That goes for all of you!
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
KatMode
Elwood

Post by KatMode »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

AEROSMITH
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

anything punk/pop that is anal raping society today (blink, etc.)

mainstream hip hop. what was once an enjoyable night away from the grind, tuesday nights at b-dubs has become unofficial hip hop night because all the black minors come in and, because they don't spend money on booze, spend it all on the jukebox. so instead of hearing good music on the internet jukebox that you don't hear on mainstream jukeboxes, we hear nothing but fitty and the rest of the horse shit that sounds exactly like it. [/endrant]

marylin manson. because i am not fucked up in the head, nor have subliminal supressed rage just waiting to explode from my body, i find absolutely none of his work enjoyable, talent-laden, or even music. complete shit that only exists and makes money because he is controversial and kids love that shit ERRR don't know any better.

that being said, i have been listening to...

...a ton lately. rack little ghetto boy, what a classic tune.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Patsy Stone wrote:
PrimeX wrote:I wish the following would also STFU!

Sum 41
Good Charlotte
Bravery
Puff Daddy Diddy Puffy
Dinsdale's mom
New Found Glory
The Used
Rolling Stones
wtf?

Exactly...you may not like them but they aren't in the suck category. How many of these crappy bands out there now is going to last 40 years and still draw 50,000 people to a stadium show charging top dollar?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

^^^ Stupid fucking argument.

How many tickets would Maddonna sell if she started a tour tomorrow? How many tickets does the low-talent U2 sell? Beasty Boys are still around, right?

Just another band that someone told you was good, and you believed them.

The Stones have about as much musical ability as a bagfull of silverware dropped from a building.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Screw_Michigan wrote:mainstream hip hop.
for the most part, yes. But you can't deny Deep Cover.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:
The Stones have about as much musical ability as a bagfull of silverware dropped from a building.

like all the other bands that could have covered Robert Johnson credibly?

there's no way i'd buy anything they put out since Some Girls or Tattoo You--, but yer making yer-self look stupid Dins.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

White Stripes.

I just don't get the fascination. I have students who worship 'em, and the "ultra-hip gurus" of Rolling Stone have been trying to force those two freaks on us for a few years now, but frankly, to me, ...they suck.

I wouldn't walk across the street to catch a free show from 'em.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh, I see. You now qualify the Stones entry after the fact, yet I'm stupid? Ohhhhhkay there, cowboy.

The White Stripes started out OK, but I guess they believed the hype (sup Bono Sting Mellencamp Aerosmith Halen gaaarrrrrrrh! Too many to list). Get one decent writeup, and pack in any and all effort.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:Oh, I see. You now qualify the Stones entry after the fact, yet I'm stupid? Ohhhhhkay there, cowboy.
no offense hot shot, but i've only poseted once about the Stones. so get off it .
KatMode
Elwood

Post by KatMode »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:White Stripes.

I wouldn't walk across the street to catch a free show from 'em.
I second that. Unfortunately my spouse likes them along with some close friends. They think it's amazing that only two people create that music. Ugh, sounds like razor blades scraping across my brain when I hear that shit.