Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

"Andy Reid told me to, 'shut up!'"
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

My prediction- TO Will not be in the NFL next season and perhaps he may be gone for good.

The Eagles have said he will play for no other team this year except for the Eagles. He is due just over $9 mill next year (assuming he gets his roster bonus). He'll be cut before that and no team will negotiate a new contract with a piece of shit like that knowing he'll complain one year in.

FUCK HIM.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:My prediction- TO Will not be in the NFL next season and perhaps he may be gone for good.

The Eagles have said he will play for no other team this year except for the Eagles. He is due just over $9 mill next year (assuming he gets his roster bonus). He'll be cut before that and no team will negotiate a new contract with a piece of shit like that knowing he'll complain one year in.

FUCK HIM.
No team will negotiate a contract?

Trust me, if the Eagles cut Terrel Owens, there will be plenty of teams willing to roll the dice on TO. Sure, he won't get the money Rosenhaus was promising him. But someone like Al Davis giving TO a one or two year deal is not hard to imagine at all. Shit, the Dolphins took Rickey Williams back after he bailed on them and you think teams would turn their noses at TO?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

jiminphilly wrote:My prediction- TO Will not be in the NFL next season and perhaps he may be gone for good.

FUCK HIM.
Say what?

Sincerely,

Al Davis
Jerrah Jones
The Daniel
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Can't they suspend him without pay?
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Is castration by a rusty spoon an option?
Nope. Not dead.
FaTaL
Jake

Post by FaTaL »

lol at the eagles!

Post by Guest »

Rack TO!

This is a perfect example of the best WR in the NFL sticking it to a team before they can stick it to him first.

I'm sure all of you jealous fry cooks out there would be crying like this if TO was cut a year after tearing an ACL or something. :roll:

NFL contracts are not guaranteed and TO knows this, with Pinkston down for the season he has them fucked and both him and his agent know it.

TO may be an asshole, but he is one fucking hell of a talented asshole, the Eagles can't cut him without absorbing a moster cap hit and they cant trade a contract that big. As far as suspending him - for what? He showed up in camp and was asked to leave by his coach, players ask for renegotiations all the time. When it comes down to it technically he hasn't done anything to suspend him for.
Mark S. seems to think that the Eagles will just make T.O. sit his ass down this season
That is just stupid, the media would bombard every Eagle player and coach until the situation was resolved, the distraction would be ungodly. Imagine the questions after an Eagles loss. "Would you have won this game if TO was playing Donovan?

:lol:

One way or another this has to be resolved.

Once again TO is proving to be one of the most entertaining things in pro sports.

Fuck the Eagles, their window is slamming shut due to their own stupidity, the fatman is no longer in charge.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Fuck that media hoar Rosenhaus, did they just finish playing Madden 06 before they went on ESPN? Fuck Sportscenter, Cold Pizza (they just interviewed some fucking kid that showed up at TO's house yesterday, WGAF!) and every other sports show that keeps talking about this lame soap opera.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:

FUCK HIM.
No team will negotiate a contract?

Trust me, if the Eagles cut Terrel Owens, there will be plenty of teams willing to roll the dice on TO. Sure, he won't get the money Rosenhaus was promising him. But someone like Al Davis giving TO a one or two year deal is not hard to imagine at all. Shit, the Dolphins took Rickey Williams back after he bailed on them and you think teams would turn their noses at TO?

A 31 year old receiver with a history of injury who is a cancer in the club house who is asking for a new contract 1 year into a 7 year deal would not get a new deal from another team and you're a fucking idiot if you think TO would sign for 1 year. He's looking for long term security not a 1 year deal. TO was too stupid to realize that he was going to make the $12 mill or so he was do over the next 2 years but now he's not only in jeapordy of not making the $9 mill next year from the Eagles , he's in jeapordy of not making ANY money next year.

If you think Owens and Ricky Williams are the same situation you're mistaken. Williams didn't bad mouth his teammates and he's not looking for MORE money. He's only back to avoid paying back his signing bonus and one bad drug test and he's gone for the year. There really is no risk to the Dolphins for bringing him back. They are only trying to develop value for him and hope a team is stupid enough to trade for him.

I posted in another thread a quote from the owner of the Falcons.. a team in desperate need for a WR, that he had no interest in Owens because he felt Owens would be a distraction to his team. NFL owners are LOVING the fact that the Eagles are not backing down with their no negotiation stance. I've heard some several national and local media saying NO team is willing to trade for TO right now. He is the most hated player in the NFL, he's turning his own teammates against him.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Joe in PB wrote:

FUCK HIM.
Say what?

Sincerely,

Al Davis
Jerrah Jones
The Daniel
Not fucking likely.

Where on earth is T.O hated more than at Texas Stadium? Remember a certain Star incident?

I'll boo every move that fucker makes on the field from now until the end of time. If he winds up a Cowboy, that fact wouldn't change.

Jerry wants to win, but he ain't stupid. Plus how do you think Parcells would deal with T.O.? You think Reid is being a hardass...?

Bad take, but I know you were just taking a shot at Jerry and not using your noggin.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.

Post by Guest »

NFL owners are LOVING the fact that the Eagles are not backing down with their no negotiation stance. I've heard some several national and local media saying NO team is willing to trade for TO right now.
Buwahahahaha!

It's preseason dumbass...barely.

This is gonna get worse and worse for your team as time goes on. You can hate on TO all you want, but you need him to win big and you know it.

NFL owners are loving the fact that someone else is taking a hard line stance with a player.

To will drag this out as long as he can and you can bet your ass he'll be talking plenty of shit when he does come back. It will get worse and worse.

Wonder what "Uncle Tom" McNabb thinks of the TO addition now?

Buwahahaha!

The once model franchise is imploding and it''s funny as fuck to watch.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

icantstopfarting wrote:Rack TO!
:roll:
This is a perfect example of the best WR in the NFL sticking it to a team before they can stick it to him first.
How is Owens sticking it to them?
I'm sure all of you jealous fry cooks out there would be crying like this if TO was cut a year after tearing an ACL or something. :roll:
NFL contracts are not guaranteed and TO knows this, with Pinkston down for the season he has them fucked and both him and his agent know it.
Pinkston had 1 TD last year. He is easily replaceable.
TO may be an asshole, but he is one fucking hell of a talented asshole, the Eagles can't cut him without absorbing a moster cap hit and they cant trade a contract that big. As far as suspending him - for what? He showed up in camp and was asked to leave by his coach, players ask for renegotiations all the time. When it comes down to it technically he hasn't done anything to suspend him for

Are you really this stupid? The eagles owe TO $3 mill this year. That's it. As you said the rest of the contract is not guaranteed and the $9 mill he is due next year is based on a roster bonus. If he is cut any time before next year's roster bonus date the Eagles owe his NOTHING and take no cap hit.
Mark S. seems to think that the Eagles will just make T.O. sit his ass down this season
That is just stupid, the media would bombard every Eagle player and coach until the situation was resolved, the distraction would be ungodly. Imagine the questions after an Eagles loss. "Would you have won this game if TO was playing Donovan?
He'd probably say, I've led this team to 3 NFC Championships without TO. I think we know how to win without him.
:lol:

One way or another this has to be resolved.
The only way this is resolved is if TO stops acting like an asshole otherwise he'll be benched week after week.
Once again TO is proving to be one of the most entertaining things in pro sports.
It has made training camp more interesting.
Fuck the Eagles, their window is slamming shut due to their own stupidity, the fatman is no longer in charge.
With the depth this team has, the way they manage the cap and the lack of compeition in the NFC, the Eagles will be around for a long time.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:A 31 year old receiver with a history of injury who is a cancer in the club house who is asking for a new contract 1 year into a 7 year deal would not get a new deal from another team and you're a fucking idiot if you think TO would sign for 1 year. He's looking for long term security not a 1 year deal. TO was too stupid to realize that he was going to make the $12 mill or so he was do over the next 2 years but now he's not only in jeapordy of not making the $9 mill next year from the Eagles , he's in jeapordy of not making ANY money next year.
If the choices are sign a 1 year deal or don't play, TO will sign a 1 year deal. I didn't say this was the smartest thing TO has ever done, but to say that he's out of the league is nothing but stupid ass Philly myopia. Get some Lasik bro and get back to me.
If you think Owens and Ricky Williams are the same situation you're mistaken. Williams didn't bad mouth his teammates and he's not looking for MORE money. He's only back to avoid paying back his signing bonus and one bad drug test and he's gone for the year. There really is no risk to the Dolphins for bringing him back. They are only trying to develop value for him and hope a team is stupid enough to trade for him.
Is Rickey in the league?

That's what I thought.
I posted in another thread a quote from the owner of the Falcons.. a team in desperate need for a WR, that he had no interest in Owens because he felt Owens would be a distraction to his team. NFL owners are LOVING the fact that the Eagles are not backing down with their no negotiation stance. I've heard some several national and local media saying NO team is willing to trade for TO right now. He is the most hated player in the NFL, he's turning his own teammates against him.
No shit other owners are loving it. But that doesn't mean one of the other 31 owners wouldn't jump on Owens at a discounted price. If you think otherwise, you need to look around.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Joe in PB wrote:

FUCK HIM.
Say what?

Sincerely,

Al Davis
Jerrah Jones
The Daniel
There's this thing called the salary cap, Joe. Learn about it. Research it and tell me how Any of these teams, currently pressed against the cap could find $9 mill to pay Owens next year and perhaps $5-$6 mill the following season?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I am soo fooking tired of hearing about TO. Why dont ESPN and every other fish hack look at the polls? No one likes TO and I doubt any of us would really give a shit if Sportscenter didnt dictate 30 min of its show to him. He is a cancer and although he can ball I would rather take Moss, Ward, Harrison, Boldin, Walker, Andre Johnson and Jimmy Smith over his bitch ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:

FUCK HIM.
Say what?

Sincerely,

Al Davis
Jerrah Jones
The Daniel
There's this thing called the salary cap, Joe. Learn about it. Research it and tell me how Any of these teams, currently pressed against the cap could find $9 mill to pay Owens next year and perhaps $5-$6 mill the following season?
Now you're just chasing your tail. If the Eagles CUT Owens, those cap numbers don't count.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

I pretty much ignored this crap believing that this was typical star player/management problem.

Then I heard Rosenhaus spouting about TO putting his life on the line for the Eagles.

Fuck TO...here's to hoping that dude gets a knee completely wrecked...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:If the choices are sign a 1 year deal or don't play, TO will sign a 1 year deal. I didn't say this was the smartest thing TO has ever done, but to say that he's out of the league is nothing but stupid ass Philly myopia. Get some Lasik bro and get back to me.
It won't be his choice. NFL owners have the obvious advantage and history has shown they all stand up for each other, except for Al Davis and he can't afford TO's salary so he's out of the picture.

Is Rickey in the league?
Not for long
That's what I thought.
That's what you call your pathetic football takes?
No shit other owners are loving it. But that doesn't mean one of the other 31 owners wouldn't jump on Owens at a discounted price. If you think otherwise, you need to look around.
Do you even understand why TO was going to hold out? He wants the contract he signed to be guaranteed. This means he wants all $49 mill. He does not want a 1 year $6 mil contract. He was already getting $12 over the next 2 years. I'm pretty sure he or Rosenhaus have thought that out.

You know what Owens is trying to do? He's trying to be so much of a distraction that the Eagles will be forced to trade him. Do you not think the Eagles would have tried to move him by now? Do you think they want him on the same field as their golden child QB in which he'd be an ass in the huddle, show up the rest of the team etc..?

The fact is TO would be gone a long time ago if there was a market for him but no team wants him.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
Joe in PB wrote: Say what?

Sincerely,

Al Davis
Jerrah Jones
The Daniel
Now you're just chasing your tail. If the Eagles CUT Owens, those cap numbers don't count.

The $3 mil this year does. If you think TO would take less then $9 mill he would have made next year (assuming he didn't pull any of this shit) then you're not paying attention.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:The $3 mil this year does. If you think TO would take less then $9 mill he would have made next year (assuming he didn't pull any of this shit) then you're not paying attention.
No, YOU are not paying attention. If TO is CUT by the Eagles not a fucking DIME of his Eagles contract will count against any other team's cap.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:The $3 mil this year does. If you think TO would take less then $9 mill he would have made next year (assuming he didn't pull any of this shit) then you're not paying attention.
No, YOU are not paying attention. If TO is CUT by the Eagles not a fucking DIME of his Eagles contract will count against any other team's cap.
I never said it did. But what you can't seem to understand is that any other team is going to have to come up at least $6-$7 mill for THIS YEAR.. assuming TO would even sign a 1 year contract which, if you have been paying attention, is not what he wants.

There are very very few teams that have that kind of money to pay TO this year and there are even fewer teams that can come up with anything close $9 mil he would have made next year.

TO does not want out of Philly because of the team, he wants out because of $$$$ Why would he leave for another team that would pay him less??

Let me repeat this so you understand-

TO wants his entire $49 mill contract guaranteed. He does not care about the $3 mill he is making this year IF he was guaranteed the $9 mill next year etc..

What does a 1 year deal of $6 mill get him? It gets him nothing. And how many teams would then sign him for a long term deal at his age, with his injury history in which they'd be paying him a lot of money over the first 3 years of a contract (which is the time frame that most teams factor a signing bonus over).
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

jiminphilly wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:

FUCK HIM.
Say what?

Sincerely,

Al Davis
Jerrah Jones
The Daniel
Jim what part of your statement " He’ll be cut " don't you understand? Obviously if he's cut a new contract and figures can be negotiated. And your phrasing indicates he'll be cut next year before his roster bonus & the 9 mil is paid.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I think he would clear waivers. $9 million the 1st year would be over 10% of the cap.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Fuck what the rest of you "think". This is what is going to Happen:
Pro Football Weekly wrote:Lost in the hoopla regarding the sudden and extremely bizarre ejection of Eagles receiver Terrell Owens from training camp on Wednesday is the very real possibility that the team can -- and likely will -- put the hammer to Owens in a manner that potentially prevents him from ever playing pro football again.

We reported several weeks ago that the team planned to make an example out of Owens and agent Drew Rosenhaus if T.O. didn't show for camp and/or if he reported and acted like a buffoon. Now, word is that the Eagles will follow through on their intentions.

Owens won't be traded, since that would give him what he wants. We've determined via a solid league source that rampant rumors of a Owens-for-Hines Ward swap with the Steelers are bogus, and that the Eagles have no interest in Ward, who's a contract holdout in Pittsburgh.

But it appears T.O. also won't be cut, since that would give him the freedom he so desperately craves. Instead, the Eagles will sit on his rights until he reports to the team and behaves. If he doesn't, he'll continue to be suspended and/or otherwise disciplined.

Eventually, he won't get credit against the 2005 season of his contract, and the team won't face the requirement of paying him $7.5 million in March 2006 or releasing him.

And, eventually, he'll have to play another year for the Eagles before he can get credit for the 2005 season of his contract.

Along the way, the Eagles will go after a chunk of his signing bonus, which as ESPN.com's John Clayton reports can be forfeited for conduct detrimental to the team.

Owens, of late, is putting the "mental" in detrimental. His head ain't right (to use a technical term), and if he doesn't get it on straight, it's likely that he never will play football again.
The End.

RACK the Eagles

Fuck T.O.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

He represents 90 NFL players with only 3 employees, talk about over reaching....
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I hope what they are reporting is true. People get what they deserve.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Only if he clears waivers.
If TO doesn't clear waivers it is because a team wants him and is willing to do a new contract. Otherwise, why bother?
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

jiminphilly:
Do you even understand why TO was going to hold out? He wants the contract he signed to be guaranteed. This means he wants all $49 mill. He does not want a 1 year $6 mil contract. He was already getting $12 over the next 2 years. I'm pretty sure he or Rosenhaus have thought that out.

Well, Rosenhaus thought it out...he got his commission on the total $49 million.

And that's the rub. Rosenhaus screwed his guy up front by back-ending the contract. He's got to know that no NFL team was ever going to pay that, yet he negotiated it anyway.

Rosenhuas is going to get stomped one of these days...either by a player or an owner and the sooner it happens that better.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

DrDetroit wrote:jiminphilly:

Well, Rosenhaus thought it out...he got his commission on the total $49 million.

And that's the rub. Rosenhaus screwed his guy up front by back-ending the contract. He's got to know that no NFL team was ever going to pay that, yet he negotiated it anyway.

Rosenhuas is going to get stomped one of these days...either by a player or an owner and the sooner it happens that better.
Actually Rosenhaus hasn't made 1 cent from TO. TO's old agent negotiated this deal but you're right.. TO signed the contract knowning how much he was going to get. He's proving to be every bit the scum bag and more by trying to renegotiate 1 year into his 7 year deal.

I think Rosenhaus has an altogether different motive for being involved in this.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

...and money, can't stand that weasel.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Did any of you read Peter King ripping TO a new one? It's a great read:

Peter King Rant
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cool, I get to play DrDetroit slumpbuster.

Almost got by with it, with only a mild rebuke from jiminphilly, but since he already had his hands full with Bri and mv, I can understand the omission.

Sadly for you, my hands aren't full.
DrDetroit wrote:

Rosenhaus wasn't his agent then, dumbass.

Yet here you come rushing in here to regale us with that epic knowledge that only you possess.

Could you possibly be any more of an ignorant dipshit?

Wait, that's how you roll, right?

Take a hard left the next time you roll into the NFL forum.